Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is going to be the first one tSwill

+13
DWags
Motown Spartan
Rocinante
Rick Saunders
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who is going to be the first one tSwill Empty Who is going to be the first one tSwill

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-02, 09:57

To run with the Kirk Cousins corona take and take a 20 word quote out of context and overreact? My guess is Steve.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Who is going to be the first one tSwill Empty Re: Who is going to be the first one tSwill

Post by tGreenWay 2020-09-02, 10:03

Yeah, imma need more information.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Who is going to be the first one tSwill Empty Re: Who is going to be the first one tSwill

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-09-02, 10:04

In before great speech discussion.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-09-02, 10:04

Guess I'm stupid.

When asked by host Kyle Brandt where he falls on a 10-point scale of COVID-19 concern — from 1 being “masks are stupid” to 10 being indefinite quarantine — Cousins got down to the decimals.

“I’m not going to call anyone stupid for the trouble it could get me in, but I’m about a .000001,” he said on the episode, which was released Wednesday.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-09-02, 10:06

https://www.google.com/amp/s/minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/09/02/if-i-die-i-die-kirk-cousins-says-hes-not-concerned-about-getting-covid-19/amp/
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-02, 10:09

I like Kirk, I like watching him throw the football, I want him to succeed at Minnesota and I'm grateful for how he represents MSU. That being said a lot of people in the football world make me cringe when it comes to their takes on this pandemic.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-02, 10:18

FWIW I don't think this quote is that big of a deal, and I wouldn't think it was that big of a deal if Brian Griese or Lamar Jackson said it, either. The full quote says basically that if you're asking him how scared he is of it, and ignoring the impact on everyone else, he's not scared of it. That's a pretty reasonable take for a young, healthy professional athlete. He's not saying masks are dumb, I want my freedom, we should be the next Sweden! My biggest issue with "if I die, I die" is that he has a wife and 2 young kids. Knowing Kirk as we do, I kind of doubt he really means that. I would be very surprised if he doesn't put out a clarifying statement within a few hours.

I find it - typical, I guess, of current society - that Twitter is ablaze with this right now. The blaze is rife with assumptions and lacking any nuance or context.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-09-02, 10:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:FWIW I don't think this quote is that big of a deal, and I wouldn't think it was that big of a deal if Brian Griese or Lamar Jackson said it, either. The full quote says basically that if you're asking him how scared he is of it, and ignoring the impact on everyone else, he's not scared of it. That's a pretty reasonable take for a young, healthy professional athlete. He's not saying masks are dumb, I want my freedom, we should be the next Sweden! My biggest issue with "if I die, I die" is that he has a wife and 2 young kids. Knowing Kirk as we do, I kind of doubt he really means that. I would be very surprised if he doesn't put out a clarifying statement within a few hours.

I find it - typical, I guess, of current society - that Twitter is ablaze with this right now. The blaze is rife with assumptions and lacking any nuance or context.

I also take that to mean the if he dies, God has his back with his family and kids.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-02, 10:27

I just want to note that I haven't been on Twitter to see this and for someone that has been out in the real world for the last couple of hours no one seems to give a shit about this. WBH stay the fuck off Twitter.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-02, 10:28

steveschneider wrote:I just want to note that I haven't been on Twitter to see this and for someone that has been out in the real world for the last couple of hours no one seems to give a shit about this. WBH stay the fuck off Twitter.

lol!

Well said
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-09-02, 10:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:FWIW I don't think this quote is that big of a deal, and I wouldn't think it was that big of a deal if Brian Griese or Lamar Jackson said it, either. The full quote says basically that if you're asking him how scared he is of it, and ignoring the impact on everyone else, he's not scared of it. That's a pretty reasonable take for a young, healthy professional athlete. He's not saying masks are dumb, I want my freedom, we should be the next Sweden! My biggest issue with "if I die, I die" is that he has a wife and 2 young kids. Knowing Kirk as we do, I kind of doubt he really means that. I would be very surprised if he doesn't put out a clarifying statement within a few hours.

You can tell yourself that...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-02, 10:41

steveschneider wrote:I just want to note that I haven't been on Twitter to see this and for someone that has been out in the real world for the last couple of hours no one seems to give a shit about this. WBH stay the fuck off Twitter.

cheers

I have been trying to actually. But I got bored. I'm scrolling past the political stuff. I thought this one was kind of funny, though. I read one take on it and I was like woah, KC did something really dumb? Then I read the full context. And I was kinda meh, nbd. Then I saw like 8000 more tweets and articles and takes on it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-02, 10:43

jesus is his healthcare plan.

being a rich white guy helps, too.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-02, 10:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

cheers

I have been trying to actually. But I got bored. I'm scrolling past the political stuff. I thought this one was kind of funny, though. I read one take on it and I was like woah, KC did something really dumb? Then I read the full context. And I was kinda meh, nbd. Then I saw like 8000 more tweets and articles and takes on it.

I hear you, I do too. I use it as a news aggregate and at times I'm like fuck this and put that shit down. Was just busting your balls and if you go on there I support your right to do so.

Also, lets remember it's probably just a bunch of disgruntled walverines that are bumping the articles and a bunch of disgruntled Michigan grads that are writing them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-09-02, 10:47

I take it to mean that he thinks you're stupid for wearing a mask but won't say it because of the trouble it could get him in.

Hard to figure why I think that....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Rocinante likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-09-02, 10:57

kingstonlake wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/09/02/if-i-die-i-die-kirk-cousins-says-hes-not-concerned-about-getting-covid-19/amp/

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-09-02, 11:18

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/09/02/if-i-die-i-die-kirk-cousins-says-hes-not-concerned-about-getting-covid-19/amp/

Yo.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-09-02, 11:33

Oh, well crap, if Twitter is ablaze, I’m anticipating several more posts throughout the day from our verified Swiller Steve.
Better get a nap first. Zzzzzzz
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-02, 11:43

tGreenWay wrote:

Oh, well crap, if Twitter is ablaze, I’m anticipating several more posts throughout the day from our verified Swiller Steve.

Walter Sobchak : So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know....

Greenway you are out of your element.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2020-09-02, 11:49

Lots of people don't ever really get that pH is -log[H+] so I'll let it go.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-09-02, 11:51

kingstonlake wrote:I take it to mean that he thinks you're stupid for wearing a mask but won't say it because of the trouble it could get him in.

Hard to figure why I think that....

This.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-09-02, 12:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:jesus is his healthcare plan.

Yep. He’s a white, conservative Christian. Of course he’s going to play it down.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-09-02, 12:06

That's pretty much in line with where he grew up and the Dutch Reformed right wing people on that side of the state.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-09-02, 12:17

I ain't mad at the guy. It just comes across as incredibly tone death considering his employer and access to the type of healthcare that most people do not have.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-09-02, 12:23

Hey you can both love someone and think they have been irresponsible. It’s possible to do both. Ask your mother.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-09-02, 12:26

Cousins was raised in a religion based on the teaching of John Calvin. One of Calvin’s tenets is predestination. God controls everything.

I am not surprised by the Cousins’ quote. It’s pretty representative of many people who attend Reformed and Christian Reformed churches including my late maternal grandmother.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-02, 12:28

Rick Saunders wrote:Lots of people don't ever really get that pH is -log[H+] so I'll let it go.

I was told there would be no chemistry
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-09-02, 12:31

kingstonlake wrote:I ain't mad at the guy. It just comes across as incredibly tone death considering his employer and access to the type of healthcare that most people do not have.
Tone Death would be a good name for a metal band.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-02, 12:48

I have no problem with this response.

[tw]1301175533133201409?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-09-02, 12:53

Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:jesus is his healthcare plan.

Yep. He’s a white, conservative Christian. Of course he’s going to play it down.

Yup. But it’s still ridiculous that those two go together
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-02, 13:31

steveschneider wrote:I have no problem with this response.

[tw]1301175533133201409?s=21[/tw]

Someone should tell Seth Davis, he didn't say he wasn't wearing a mask
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-09-02, 13:36

doesn't matter what or what Cousins does at this point. What he said gives license to many people to say screw the masks. He had to know that before saying it. Like it or not that's where we live right now. Frankly, unless he has access to science we currently don't, it's pretty irresponsible of him. Dont' care whether he wears one or not, dont' care if he wipes his ass with them. He had to know what he said will empower people to not wear them. So, whatevs. Praise him or critique him, but he said what he said.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-02, 13:53

DWags wrote:doesn't matter what or what Cousins does at this point.  What he said gives license to many people to say screw the masks.  He had to know that before saying it.  Like it or not that's where we live right now.  Frankly,  unless he has access to science we currently don't, it's pretty irresponsible of him.  Dont' care whether he wears one or not, dont' care if he wipes his ass with them.  He had to know what he said will empower people to not wear them.  So, whatevs.  Praise him or critique him, but he said what he said.  

You're right it doesn't matter what Cousins says. People (a majority who will formulate an opinion without listening to what he said will go off a sound bite from twitter or another source) will spin it how every they want. He was answering a question about how concerned he was about getting corona, not whether he thought people should wear masks.

This was also from an interview a month ago.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-02, 14:02

Fucking WBH Who is going to be the first one tSwill 901027492
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-02, 14:06

not sure I've ever known a person without access to affordable healthcare who would prefer god over Blue Cross Blue Shield.

I mean, god is fine and dandy.. dude has a sick crossover and runs the court well for a big guy. But his healthcare coverage is somewhat lacking.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-09-02, 14:06

Stupidity is strong even among Spartans.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-09-02, 14:19

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Walter Sobchak : So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know....

I’m getting shade from fuckin Steve. Who is going to be the first one tSwill 1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-02, 14:28

Fun to discuss but honestly by tomorrow the world will keep turning and everyone will be outraged by something else.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-09-02, 14:30

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I’m getting shade from fuckin Steve. Who is going to be the first one tSwill 1966794946

You were like a child wandering into the middle of a film. I had already called out the twitter stuff and then you came in stereotyping me.

You missed the plot twist.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-09-02, 14:33

steveschneider wrote:Fun to discuss but honestly by tomorrow the world will keep turning and everyone will be outraged by something else.

OK, who hacked Steve's account?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next