Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The fight for the future of the Democratic Party

+5
InTenSity
GRR Spartan
Cameron
steveschneider
Rocinante
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The fight for the future of the Democratic Party Empty The fight for the future of the Democratic Party

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:22 pm

So Pelosi backs the Kennedy as the “Moderate” and he gets his ass handed to him by a septuagenarian progressive with AOC at his back.

Meanwhile a state party takes part in a coordinated lie campaign using college students to sink a gay progressive candidate by making his sexuality (and lies about it) central to the race.

https://theintercept.com/2020/09/02/alex-morse-primary-result-richard-neal/

Seems the party is going through some ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The fight for the future of the Democratic Party Empty Re: The fight for the future of the Democratic Party

Post by steveschneider Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:37 pm

Pfft, the whole Massachusetts thing pretty much exposed the left again as a bunch of Weenies.

First off, it was an incumbent vs a challenger and the incumbent won. Happens all the time.

Also, I'm pretty sure both would have voted the same way 99.9% of the time. It was the lamest bs by the cry babies I've seen in a while. Also, what's telling is Elizabeth Warren congratulated both Kennedy and Markey. In the tweet congratulating Kennedy on a good campaign she was subjected to all sorts of abuase, and misogyny from the bros. Such a toxic movement with no self awareness.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The fight for the future of the Democratic Party Empty Re: The fight for the future of the Democratic Party

Post by steveschneider Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Also, I would have voted for Markey but I wouldn't have lost a second of sleep if he had lost to Kennedy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:46 pm

steveschneider wrote:Pfft, the whole Massachusetts thing pretty much exposed the left again as a bunch of Weenies.

First off, it was an incumbent vs a challenger and the incumbent won. Happens all the time.

Also, I'm pretty sure both would have voted the same way 99.9% of the time. It was the lamest bs by the cry babies I've seen in a while. Also, what's telling is Elizabeth Warren congratulated both Kennedy and Markey. In the tweet congratulating Kennedy on a good campaign she was subjected to all sorts of abuase, and misogyny from the bros. Such a toxic movement with no self awareness.

So.... twitter bros flaming Warren is worse than a party-coordinated campaign that lied and used a gay candidate’s sexuality against him? Bold take steve
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:59 pm

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Pfft, the whole Massachusetts thing pretty much exposed the left again as a bunch of Weenies.

So.... twitter bros flaming Warren is worse than a party-coordinated campaign that lied and used a gay candidate’s sexuality against him?  Bold take steve
Steve loves any excuse to bring up "toxic" tweets.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:12 pm

I had previously posted this in the 2020 Presidential Campaign thread, but it's probably more relevant here. Relevant part starts a little before the 8 minute mark.

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Rocinante wrote:

So.... twitter bros flaming Warren is worse than a party-coordinated campaign that lied and used a gay candidate’s sexuality against him? Bold take steve

I’m only commenting on the Kennedy Markey campaign. I’m not that up to date on Holyoke, MA.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Kennedy didn’t want to wait 6 years or possibly 6 months if Biden would win and Warren would take a cabinet position. He could have won re-election to Congress easily this time.

Here’s a WBUR map of who won where.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2020/09/01/markey-kennedy-senate-primary-results

Kennedy lost in Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Newton. Although he carried the southern portion of the 4th Congressional district, the closer he got to Boston the Kennedy vote dropped off.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:28 pm

Plus he’s a redhead.

🤮
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:46 pm

Fucking win the election and then worry about who is more liberal. JFC the republican's know how to step in line and vote against their interest.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:03 pm

InTenSity wrote:Fucking win the election and then worry about who is more liberal. JFC the republican's know how to step in line and vote against their interest.

100% this. It's that simple. If they don't get Trump out, then they're all fucked.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:53 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Fucking win the election and then worry about who is more liberal. JFC the republican's know how to step in line and vote against their interest.

100% this. It's that simple. If we don't get Trump out, then we're all fucked.

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:02 am

I am of course in agreement that another Trump term could literally mean the end of this country, but I sympathize with people who have been hearing rhetoric like that for their whole lives about every election. “Let’s just beat (insert candidate here) and we can worry about all the injustice in the system afterward. This election is too important to stand up for principle and vote third party / not vote.” I get why a 78 year old white man and his pandering VP pick might feel like more of the same bullshit. Some of those people look at Hillary’s loss and see comeuppance for the party not moving with the country. They see Biden and think the party had learned nothing. They see these party shenanigans and think “well, maybe we haven’t come close enough to the edge to move our politics in the right direction. Maybe the Democrats need one more shove.” I mean, I get it. I don’t agree with it, but I see where it comes from.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:35 am

Couldn’t agree more.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:36 am

Hilarious

[tw]1301279860166258688?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:56 am

Stay off twitter, steve. Fucking idiot...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:59 am

Cameron wrote:Stay off twitter, steve. Fucking idiot...

Go seek some anger management and learn how to enjoy life.

Btw, I saw AOC whining about her opponents spending money to primary her. Someone get these woke sjws some diapers.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:02 am

steveschneider wrote:

Btw, I saw AOC whining about her opponents spending money to primary her. Someone get these woke sjws some diapers.
Let me guess where you saw that...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:03 am

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Let me guess where you saw that...

I saw AOC post it on Twitter. She's got a blue check mark and is on there more that you and me so take that hot head!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:30 pm

Senator Sanders has it exactly right. Just hope the followers listen to him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:37 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Huh

[tw]1301230277306523649[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:40 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Huh

A better use of time would be to unite the party on focus on what's ahead in November. And her center/conservative characterization isn't helpful.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:41 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Huh

A better use of time would be to unite the party on focus on what's ahead in November. And her center/conservative characterization isn't helpful.

Steve, that’s not what I’m saying huh to. You said that she whined that people spent money to primary her, so I went to her twitter page and that’s not what she did at all.

Why are you lying so unnecessarily?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:46 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Steve, that’s not what I’m saying huh to. You said that she whined that people spent money to primary her, so I went to her twitter page and that’s not what she did at all.

Why are you lying so unnecessarily?

Here you go gaslighting again...just stop.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:48 pm

I’m gaslighting? Do you know what gaslighting is?

You said something without providing a link, I provided a link showing that what you said is demonstrably false, and I’m gaslighting?

Steve, you’re flat out lying. No need for fun terms like gas lighting. What you did is lie. Own up to it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:54 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m gaslighting? Do you know what gaslighting is?

You said something without providing a link, I provided a link showing that what you said is demonstrably false, and I’m gaslighting?

Steve, you’re flat out lying. No need for fun terms like gas lighting. What you did is lie. Own up to it.

Paging Miamispartan any interests in setting this guy straight again? I would but it's like talking to a Trump cultist that exists in a different reality.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m gaslighting? Do you know what gaslighting is?

Pointing out facts in a reasonable manner counts as whining in steve's book.

Personally, I can't believe AOC would tweet something so toxic. Truly appalling.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:04 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Huh

Steve, in his first post in this thread:
"Pfft, the whole Massachusetts thing pretty much exposed the left again as a bunch of Weenies."

When steve says "unite the party," what he means is "crawl up Biden's ass with me."
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:05 pm

The fight for the future of the Democratic Party 1853518006
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:06 pm

Stellar contribution as always, Bob. I don't know what we'd do without you.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:07 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The fight for the future of the Democratic Party 1853518006

The fight for the future of the Democratic Party 502811600 The fight for the future of the Democratic Party 502811600

I'm here to unite the party and call me crazy but I'm listening to Sen Sanders when he talks about coming together this Nov and electing Biden. He gets it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:07 pm

Cameron wrote:Stellar contribution as always, Bob. I don't know what we'd do without you.

Good thing your spam button was taken away.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:08 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:The fight for the future of the Democratic Party 1853518006

The fight for the future of the Democratic Party 502811600 The fight for the future of the Democratic Party 502811600

I'm here to unite the party and call me crazy but I'm listening to Sen Sanders when he talks about coming together this Nov and electing Biden. He gets it.
Yeah, you're doing a great job uniting the party. You're a master consensus builder, steve.

Get your head out of your ass, it's fucking embarrassing.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:10 pm

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yeah, you're doing a great job uniting the party. You're a master consensus builder, steve.

Get your head out of your ass, it's fucking embarassing.

Take a chill pill man you are being VERY uncool. Sen Sanders is about as progressive as it gets.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:11 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Get your head out of your ass, it's fucking embarassing.

Take a chill pill man you are being VERY uncool. Sen Sanders is about as progressive as it gets.
Steve, shut the fuck up.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Steve, shut the fuck up.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/04/14/bernie-sanders-says-opposing-joe-biden-irresponsible/2993775001/

"irresponsible"

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:18 pm

Who are you arguing against, steve? Has anyone here said that they are doing anything other than voting for Biden in November?

You are so stupid.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:21 pm

Cameron wrote:Stellar contribution as always, Bob. I don't know what we'd do without you.
you keep it up and I'll be forced to write a poem.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:23 pm

Cameron wrote:Who are you arguing against, steve? Has anyone here said that they are doing anything other than voting for Biden in November?

You are so stupid.

I was pointing out Sanders fine leadership in contrast to AOC's whining and melt down. I found the article illuminating.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:23 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
you keep it up and I'll be forced to write a poem.

The fight for the future of the Democratic Party 502811600 The fight for the future of the Democratic Party 502811600 The fight for the future of the Democratic Party 502811600 The fight for the future of the Democratic Party 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next