Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spartan Swill Gift Exchange OR Gift to Charity

+11
InTenSity
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Heat Miser
The Pantry
Nordic
Dendrobates
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
Motown Spartan
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spartan Swill Gift Exchange OR Gift to Charity Empty Spartan Swill Gift Exchange OR Gift to Charity

Post by Motown Spartan Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:29 am

Anyone want to entertain the idea of a Swill Secret Santa style gift exchange? Or how about a Gift to Charity? I think we could raise a few hundred dollars or more and make a donation to a charity chosen by tSwill?

Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Spartan Swill Gift Exchange OR Gift to Charity Empty Re: Spartan Swill Gift Exchange OR Gift to Charity

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:49 am

I like the idea of donating/helping. I don't want to get any of the people here a gift because I dislike all of you quite a bit. Cool idea, Motown. Nice work.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Spartan Swill Gift Exchange OR Gift to Charity Empty Re: Spartan Swill Gift Exchange OR Gift to Charity

Post by Motown Spartan Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:52 am

Turtleneck wrote:I like the idea of donating/helping. I don't want to get any of the people here a gift because I dislike all of you quite a bit. Cool idea, Motown. Nice work.

I'm with you on that one Spartan Swill Gift Exchange OR Gift to Charity 1f351 Spartan Swill Gift Exchange OR Gift to Charity 1f3a9
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:55 am

In on charity however that looks.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:57 am

Count me in for the charity. I might spring to have a bag of dog poo mailed to Marquette, but not being to light it on fire on your doorstep sort of takes a lot of the fun out of it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:14 am

Spartan Swill Gift Exchange OR Gift to Charity D3284510
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, duffy munn, Wally Fairway, Turtleneck and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:14 am

In. I think InTen would have some ideas on a good charity.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:19 am

tGreenWay wrote:Count me in for the charity. I might spring to have a bag of dog poo mailed to Marquette, but not being to light it on fire on your doorstep sort of takes a lot of the fun out of it.

What's Bob's address? Just curious. It's not like I'm going to do anything. Just give me his address, ok?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:37 am

Is there a fund to keep Harbaugh at UM?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:53 am

I do 3 charities every year:

1. V Foundation - for personal reasons (better rating than the American Cancer Society)

2. Volunteers of America - MI Adopt a Family for Xmas (somebody here or on TOS turned me on to this one many years ago)

3. Miami Rescue Mission - I do this one for Thanksgiving, Xmas, & Easter.

tMrs. also donates to Be a Santa to a Senior - (Just replace the zip code in the URL with your desired zip code)

Last edited by Heat Miser on Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:53 am

good idea - I always have a soft spot for Haven House in East Lansing. It is a great place to donate to (and just down Abbot Road from our beloved MSU).

Click Me For More Info on Haven House
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:54 am

but I'm down with whatever (as long as it's not affiliated with a religion).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:03 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:but I'm down with whatever (as long as it's not affiliated with a religion).

So, the Harbaugh fund is out?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:05 pm

I'm giving everyone who has posted in the last 30 days free Swill diamond level membership status for all of 2021!

Spartan Swill Gift Exchange OR Gift to Charity 969504605
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:09 pm

Heat Miser wrote:I'm giving everyone who has posted in the last 30 days free Swill diamond level membership status for all of 2021!

**updates CV**

thanks, dude!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:16 pm

I suggest the Human Fund. It's a very broad based charity.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:44 pm

Heat Miser wrote:I'm giving everyone who has posted in the last 30 days free Swill diamond level membership status for all of 2021!

Does that come with a badge?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:50 pm

Alright, a charity it is. Based on the responses to this thread I’ll post a charity poll in the next few days and figure out how to collect funds as well. Keep dropping your ideas for the next day or so.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:54 pm

Ideas about this, or ideas in general? I have lots of ideas. Please advise.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:Alright, a charity it is. Based on the responses to this thread I’ll post a charity poll in the next few days and figure out how to collect funds as well. Keep dropping your ideas for the next day or so.
you're a great American and I'll gladly donate bibles to the chosen charity in the name of Lee Greenwood.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:21 pm

Well, I'm on the board for this one and I guess I'm the fundraiser guru, so I'm pushing for it.

https://gigisplayhouse.org/Miami/

I think we've raised $170k in 2 years, and we just signed a lease to have a physical location. We should be open by February and then the fun of raising $100k a year starts. Miaimi ain't cheap.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:52 pm

InTenSity wrote:Well, I'm on the board for this one and I guess I'm the fundraiser guru, so I'm pushing for it.

I think we've raised $170k in 2 years, and we just signed a lease to have a physical location. We should be open by February and then the fun of raising $100k a year starts. Miaimi ain't cheap.

I propose we start here! How does everyone feel about pledging to make a donation on their own to Gigi's Playhouse? We don't have to share the amount or anything or even post that we made a donation. But I will start by pledging to donate something on behalf of tSwill to Gigi's Playhouse.

Who's with me?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:57 pm

I will donate on behalf of tSwill as well. I will not donate on behalf of Guest because they recently kicked my dog and used my truck to pull some stumps out of ground without asking.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:01 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I will donate on behalf of tSwill as well. I will not donate on behalf of Guest because they recently kicked my dog and used my truck to pull some stumps out of ground without asking.

Hey man, you can question my character all you want but to suggest I used your truck without asking crosses the line!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:13 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Count me in for the charity. I might spring to have a bag of dog poo mailed to Marquette, but not being to light it on fire on your doorstep sort of takes a lot of the fun out of it.

What's Bob's address? Just curious. It's not like I'm going to do anything. Just give me his address, ok?

Easy Travis. You'll get him in your pit soon enough.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:37 pm

Everybody calls Kingston a poor dumb sonuvabitch (not to his face). Maybe some of the money should go to him, in the way of velveeta cheese or single ply toilet paper. Spartan Swill Gift Exchange OR Gift to Charity 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:05 pm

InTenSity wrote:Well, I'm on the board for this one and I guess I'm the fundraiser guru, so I'm pushing for it.

If you like, and you give me the necessary code, I can place a dono banner ad on the right side of tSwill header.

EDIT: would only display on desktop version.

EDIT2: implemented on mobile & desktop.

Last edited by Heat Miser on Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Here is what I propose. We DO do a secret Santa drawing for those who elect to participate. One you have your secret Santa, you make a donation to a charitable organization on behalf of your secret Santa for something that relates to them. Could be something related to their user name, things that you know that person is interested in, whatever. Then on random date we reveal in the thread who your secret Santa was and what you donated to (amount not required). Thoughts?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:19 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here is what I propose. We DO do a secret Santa drawing for those who elect to participate. One you have your secret Santa, you make a donation to a charitable organization on behalf of your secret Santa for something that relates to them. Could be something related to their user name, things that you know that person is interested in, whatever. Then on random date we reveal in the thread who your secret Santa was and what you donated to (amount not required). Thoughts?

I like this idea.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:37 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here is what I propose. We DO do a secret Santa drawing for those who elect to participate. One you have your secret Santa, you make a donation to a charitable organization on behalf of your secret Santa for something that relates to them. Could be something related to their user name, things that you know that person is interested in, whatever. Then on random date we reveal in the thread who your secret Santa was and what you donated to (amount not required). Thoughts?

I like this idea.

I like this idea, but I am not donating to the Raw Milk Institute (it's a real thing) if I get Pantry.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:43 pm

Right so if you don't see eye to eye with your SS you could, for example, donate to a food pantry.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:19 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Right so if you don't see eye to eye with your SS you could, for example, donate to a food pantry.

Don't tell me what to do. You're not the boss of me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:45 pm

Heat Miser wrote:

If you like, and you give me the necessary code, I can place a dono banner ad on the right side of tSwill header.

Works on mobile too
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:08 pm

Uh, did CB just contradict Dear Leader? Nice knowing you, CB.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:25 am

Gave... I feel so warm and fuzzy. Merry Christmas to All and All a internets message board.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:52 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:good idea - I always have a soft spot for Haven House in East Lansing. It is a great place to donate to (and just down Abbot Road from our beloved MSU).

The favorite charity of Bee Metros and the PB.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:04 am

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:good idea - I always have a soft spot for Haven House in East Lansing. It is a great place to donate to (and just down Abbot Road from our beloved MSU).

yeah, I know the employee holiday party always raises a few thousand dollars from PB.. that's a few thousand dollars Haven House is missing out on this year.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:45 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

yeah, I know the employee holiday party always raises a few thousand dollars from PB.. that's a few thousand dollars Haven House is missing out on this year.
And Jingles misses out on his annual bartending gig.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:01 am

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah, I know the employee holiday party always raises a few thousand dollars from PB.. that's a few thousand dollars Haven House is missing out on this year.
And Jingles misses out on his annual bartending gig.
I suspect he always made some pretty sweet tips with drinks on the house. Jill has helped some, as well. Luckily, it's a fairly low key crowd, in terms of requests. Seems like most folks are drinking beer, wine, maybe some whiskey. I don't think Jingles is mixing up too many fancy drinks at the holiday party.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:12 pm

Heat Miser wrote:

EDIT2: implemented on mobile & desktop.
Thanks Heat!!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next