Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Down goes Virginia

+2
DWags
NigelUno
6 posters

Go down

Down goes Virginia Empty Down goes Virginia

Post by NigelUno 2021-03-12, 09:38

2021 ACC Tournament: Virginia out of postseason bracket after positive COVID-19 test, Georgia Tech advances

Down goes Virginia Giphy

Last edited by NigelUno on 2021-03-12, 09:40; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Down goes Virginia Empty Re: Down goes Virginia

Post by DWags 2021-03-12, 09:39

What a slut.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-12, 09:41

Imagine Indy in two weeks. This tournament is going to be a shit show.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-12, 09:44

Nah... it is what it is....

I do wonder though if the selection committee will not place Virginia if they are supposed to be in quarantine for the first round. If not they are giving their opponent a bye essentially, right?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-12, 09:48

I mean, aren't all the college basketball players vaccinated at this point? I'm the first guy who says they should not get special privilege, or get put up in line because they can may a hoop, but lets face it, they do. So, I'm wondering why every player out on the court, by peer pressure, by coach pressure, by doctor pressure aren't vaccinated. Seems to me, every reff coach and ball boy we see at this point should be. Am I missing something?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-03-12, 09:51

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Nah... it is what it is....

I do wonder though if the selection committee will not place Virginia if they are supposed to be in quarantine for the first round. If not they are giving their opponent a bye essentially, right?

Teams can be replaced. After 6 p.m. Tuesday, teams that make the field cannot be replaced if they get sick, and their scheduled opponents would simply move on in the bracket.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-03-12, 09:52

DWags wrote:I mean, aren't all the college basketball players vaccinated at this point? I'm the first guy who says they should not get special privilege, or get put up in line because they can may a hoop, but lets face it, they do. So, I'm wondering why every player out on the court, by peer pressure, by coach pressure, by doctor pressure aren't vaccinated. Seems to me, every reff coach and ball boy we see at this point should be. Am I missing something?

No. To the first question.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-12, 09:54

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:I mean, aren't all the college basketball players vaccinated at this point? I'm the first guy who says they should not get special privilege, or get put up in line because they can may a hoop, but lets face it, they do. So, I'm wondering why every player out on the court, by peer pressure, by coach pressure, by doctor pressure aren't vaccinated. Seems to me, every reff coach and ball boy we see at this point should be. Am I missing something?

So, colleges didn't pull any strings for this? In a way I really respect that. In a way I'm thinking, "Jesus you dumb fucks".
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-12, 09:55

Would be weird to hang a banner if you got to the final four without having to play a single opponent.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-12, 09:58

steveschneider wrote:Would be weird to hang a banner if you got to the final four without having to play a single opponent.

I'd still buy a hat. You fucking better believe it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-12, 10:18

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

No.  To the first question.

So, colleges didn't pull any strings for this?  In a way I really respect that.  In a way I'm thinking, "Jesus you dumb fucks".

Two things:

1) Can you imagine the shit storm of a scandal if any college athletes WERE vaccinated (short of those with a health issue that puts them at high risk)?  And there is zero chance that such a thing would successfully be kept secret.

2) Remember that vaccines do not necessarily keep someone from being infected by Covid, so a vaccinated person can still test positive.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-12, 10:22

With the increase in vaccine supply and every American will have the opportunity to get vaccinated by May 1.....why not just delay the tournament?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-12, 10:27

MiamiSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

So, colleges didn't pull any strings for this?  In a way I really respect that.  In a way I'm thinking, "Jesus you dumb fucks".

Two things:

1) Can you imagine the shit storm of a scandal if any college athletes WERE vaccinated (short of those with a health issue that puts them at high risk)?  And there is zero chance that such a thing would successfully be kept secret.

2) Remember that vaccines do not necessarily keep someone from being infected by Covid, so a vaccinated person can still test positive.

Both good points. But I'm shocked the NCAA and college sports followed your first point. Rapid testing for football players while we couldn't get them didn't seem to push their "like I really give a fuck" button.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-03-12, 10:33

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Two things:

Both good points. But I'm shocked the NCAA and college sports followed your first point. Rapid testing for football players while we couldn't get them didn't seem to push their "like I really give a fuck" button.

Is that a real thing? Do you know where I can buy one?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-12, 11:03

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Is that a real thing? Do you know where I can buy one?

At the jerk store. They have tons. They’re all out of tGreenways
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-03-12, 11:05

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So, colleges didn't pull any strings for this? In a way I really respect that. In a way I'm thinking, "Jesus you dumb fucks".

Maybe the teams that have some immunity built up will benefit.

I'll wear a hat.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down