Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..

+6
Jake from State Farm
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
10 posters

Go down

The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..  Empty The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-16, 10:23

it's the headline right now at Fox News.. imagine a presidency being so effective/boring that this is what they have to be outraged about.  

The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..  502811600  The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..  502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..  Empty Re: The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-16, 10:54

For four years the press let Trump and his press secretaries make a mockery out of them and spread thousands of lies. I think the well informed public really doesn't even rely on their work in the press conference room to be informed at this point and time.

Also, I think this is by design on Biden's part to tone down and dial back the presence of the POTUS. After the last four years of toxic tweets, kkk rallies and watching the GOP kiss the potus ass on tv frankly I think we could all use a break.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..  Empty Re: The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-16, 11:45

steveschneider wrote:For four years the press let Trump and his press secretaries make a mockery out of them and spread thousands of lies. I think the well informed public really doesn't even rely on their work in the press conference room to be informed at this point and time.

Also, I think this is by design on Biden's part to tone down and dial back the presence of the POTUS. After the last four years of toxic tweets, kkk rallies and watching the GOP kiss the potus ass on tv frankly I think we could all use a break.
yep - it just reiterates the mainstream media's thirst to create 'news' in their ongoing effort to dumb down America.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-16, 13:02

You really need to stop calling FoxNews "mainstream". That's always been a mischaracterization, and especially now with their support for nutty conspiracies and for an overthrow of democracy, it is just plain absurd.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-16, 13:28

MiamiSpartan wrote:You really need to stop calling FoxNews "mainstream". That's always been a mischaracterization, and especially now with their support for nutty conspiracies and for an overthrow of democracy, it is just plain absurd.

In Bob's defense it's not just Fox beating this drum. For example Peter Baker from the NYT raised it as well and theres been several others ranging across the major papers and cable networks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-16, 14:19

MiamiSpartan wrote:You really need to stop calling FoxNews "mainstream". That's always been a mischaracterization, and especially now with their support for nutty conspiracies and for an overthrow of democracy, it is just plain absurd.
so the fact that they appeal to roughly 50% of the electorate isn't 'mainstream'?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-16, 14:21

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:You really need to stop calling FoxNews "mainstream".  That's always been a mischaracterization, and especially now with their support for nutty conspiracies and for an overthrow of democracy, it is just plain absurd.

In Bob's defense it's not just Fox beating this drum. For example Peter Baker from the NYT  raised it as well and theres been several others ranging across the major papers and cable networks.
the mainstream media don't care about actual events, newsworthy stories, etc - they care about ratings and it's why the fine folks in Mio, etc., simply cannot get enough of the silly controversies they manufacture.

I find it odd that seemingly well-adjusted people can't see that, but I've never really been one to follow the crowd.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-16, 19:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
so the fact that they appeal to roughly 50% of the electorate isn't 'mainstream'?

No, because even if every person that voted for Trump is a loyal FoxNews viewer (they arent) that's still less than 25% of the country.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-16, 19:48

steveschneider wrote:

In Bob's defense it's not just Fox beating this drum. For example Peter Baker from the NYT raised it as well and theres been several others ranging across the major papers and cable networks.

So a couple of random reporters equals the entire mainstream media.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-16, 19:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

In Bob's defense it's not just Fox beating this drum. For example Peter Baker from the NYT  raised it as well and theres been several others ranging across the major papers and cable networks.
the mainstream media don't care about actual events, newsworthy stories, etc - they care about ratings and it's why the fine folks in Mio, etc., simply cannot get enough of the silly controversies they manufacture.

I find it odd that seemingly well-adjusted people can't see that, but I've never really been one to follow the crowd.

Of course they care about ratings.  I know about that more than most, as it is part of my business.  But it is the conspiracy that you claim was/is underway (by the non-Right Wing media) to support Trump and get him re-elected that is no less crazy than much of the stuff that Hannity and Tucker spout.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-03-16, 20:07

There’s absolutely no reason for the media to not demand access to the President. That’s their job. If they weren’t noting that he hasn’t had a press conference they wouldn’t be doing their job. And biden could have reasons for not wanting to go full on ass wild with press conferences. All of those things can be true at the same time
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-16, 20:29

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It's a lot more than a couple and I wouldn't consider them random. It is definitely a thing right now and its more than just Fox News.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-16, 20:33

Also, Biden is going to do a press conference this Thursday March 25th.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-03-16, 20:45

Any date on when Trump held his first presser as President Trump?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-16, 21:08

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

It's a lot more than a couple and I wouldn't consider them random. It is definitely a thing right now and its more than just Fox News.

And they're saying that it is a scandal and that it is because they're hiding Biden because he's mentally incapacitated? Because that's what Fox has been saying, which I assume is why Bob linked it (though to be fair, I don't click on Bob's Fox links...he can support and promote a network that lies in order to incite sedition and violent insurrection, but I'm not going to help fund them).

I typically have CNN or MSNBC on in the background while I'm working and haven't noticed much discussion, certainly not with a big deal being made of it. But as Travis said, should the media not want to talk to him? You guys want them to be as pro-Biden as Fox was pro-Trump.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-16, 21:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:There’s absolutely no reason for the media to not demand access to the President. That’s their job. If they weren’t noting that he hasn’t had a press conference they wouldn’t be doing their job. And biden could have reasons for not wanting to go full on ass wild with press conferences. All of those things can be true at the same time
I would've been perfectly fine had the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator never held one of his mainstream media/white supremacist christian propaganda events.

But, then again, as I mentioned, I've never been one to follow the crowd.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-16, 21:19

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: so the fact that they appeal to roughly 50% of the electorate isn't 'mainstream'?

No, because even if every person that voted for Trump is a loyal FoxNews viewer (they arent) that's still less than 25% of the country.
okay.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-16, 21:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

And they're saying that it is a scandal and that it is because they're hiding Biden because he's mentally incapacitated? Because that's what Fox has been saying, which I assume is why Bob linked it (though to be fair, I don't click on Bob's Fox links...he can support and promote a network that lies in order to incite sedition and violent insurrection, but I'm not going to help fund them).

I typically have CNN or MSNBC on in the background while I'm working and haven't noticed much discussion, certainly not with a big deal being made of it. But as Travis said, should the media not want to talk to him? You guys want them to be as pro-Biden as Fox was pro-Trump.

I mean I'm at the register with your take on Fox and I disagree with Bob lumping them in with reputable news rooms. Fox is just a propaganda outlet for the most part.

I don't watch cable news but I can confirm it's a thing a lot of the beltway media is making a thing about it and there's back and forth about it on twitter and there's been some print articles about it in the big papers. I bet MSNBC and CNN are avoiding it because honestly it's a dull story and would probably drive away ratings.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-17, 06:46

steveschneider wrote:Also, Biden is going to do a press conference this Thursday March 25th.
cue the mainstream media outrage.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-17, 09:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Also, Biden is going to do a press conference this Thursday March 25th.
cue the mainstream media outrage.

There’s a couple of other lame beltway press takes going around.

One is they want Trump to get some credit for the good work Biden is doing rolling out the vaccine. Uh no thanks. Biden cleaned up a complete mess and the last guy didn’t care.

The other is about Biden going back to Delaware on weekends.

[tw]1371938101313028096?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-03-18, 08:34

Sounds like Kayleigh Mcaninny is also outraged that we won't be subjected to a press conference of the caliber of a Trump press conference.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-18, 10:50

Jake from State Farm wrote:Sounds like Kayleigh Mcaninny is also outraged that we won't be subjected to a press conference of the caliber of a Trump press conference.

What a joke. Every press conference his administration or his officials took a proverbial dump on the press corps and lied repeatedly to the American people. Also, they welcomed in Breitbart and that other loony new outlet. Onan or Oann? I forget.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-03-18, 16:16

Biden is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't when it comes to Trump's favorite streaming new channels One America News Network (OANN)and FoxNews.

Every word, gesture and step will be used to describe Biden's inability to be President.

Two reasons. Fox got fat dumb(er) and lazy because they were a sitting President's fave and he was always a phone call away. OANN and FoxNews pander to the same Trump voter base. If they say anything that can be viewed as complimentary they could lose a significant number of viewers.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-18, 19:19

The collective mainstream media outrage. The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..  502811600

CRISIS AT THE BORDER!!! The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..  1896033241 The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..  1896033241
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-03-19, 08:07

The White House on Thursday rebuffed Vladimir Putin’s demand to hold a public debate with president Joe Biden over his “killer” comment about the Russian president, saying he is “quite busy”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-putin-killer-debate-b1819407.html
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-03-19, 08:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:The collective mainstream media outrage. The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..  502811600

CRISIS AT THE BORDER!!! The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..  1896033241 The Mainstream Media Is Upset That Biden Hasn't Held a News Conference..  1896033241

Found this on gocomics, of all places:

OF COURSE there is a crisis on the U.S. Mexico border. And OF COURSE TrumpubliQan Qrazy Qonservative Qult of Qool-Aid-drinking, “Golden (fools’s gold) idol-worshipping Qonspiracy theorists who are desperate to CHANGE THE SUBJECT are going to misrepresent what it is and what caused it.

It’s what they do.

First, the misrepresentation: there is no similarity to the crisis faced by Biden compared to the human rights atrocities committed by Trump. NO BABIES ARE BEING SEPARATED FROM PARENTS. Under Trump, small children, many under one year, the youngest less than one MONTH old, were taken from the distraught parents who had brought them here, and many were put up for adoption (many through Bethany Christian Services established by Betsy DeVos, which charged $700-$750 PER DAY and then also charged the parents who adopted them) while their parents were deported and no records kept of which children belonged to which parents — literally kidnapping and child trafficking.

NONE OF THAT is happening under Biden. No children are being separated from PARENTS who bring them here. The children that are being detained — while every effort is made to reunite them with relatives stateside — are those who arrive UNACCOMPANIED.

The key word is UNACCOMPANIED. These are not babies and toddlers. They are older children, mostly TEENAGERS, who arrive WITHOUT THEIR PARENTS. You cannot separate children from parents who did not come with them. Duh. You also cannot just leave teenagers to roam unsupervised. So they are detained while every effort is made to reunite them with relatives in the U.S.
As for the continued caravans of refugees arriving, including children who arrive UNACCOMPANIED, without their parents, this current crisis was caused 100% by TRUMP’s short-sighted, racist failure to understand how the world works.

Obama had restored aid to troubled areas (largely in oppressed indigenous Mayan communities) of Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras that had been destabilized and oppressed by strongman dictators installed and propped up by Nixon and Reagan, and under Obama we established safe, stable communities.

As a result, by the time Trump was established in office, despite all his racist blather, attempted border crossings were at a forty-year low.

So what did Trump do? He abruptly and suddenly cancelled all the aid that had been secured by Obama (which cost us a fraction of what border security and useless walls would cost) and which had stabilized the region and prevented the need for people to leave the homes these indigenous Mayans had lived in for thousands of years (long before Columbus).

So UNDER TRUMP’s FAILED POLICY, we suddenly were overwhelmed by massive waves of refugees in caravans, seeking shelter from conditions largely the result of U.S. meddling going back to the Nixon and Reagan years.

So Biden is NOT separating children from parents who bring them here, but there is a crisis of these waves of caravans that continue to come because TRUMP DESTABILIZED THEIR COMMUNITIES in their home countries.

Biden has only been in office eight weeks. He is already accomplishing a lot, but it will take time for Biden to undo Trump’s cruel, destructive and short-sighted destabilization and restore the stability with which Obama had brought border crossings to records lows.

The reality, contrary to the lies of Trump and his co-Qonspirators, is that Democrats do NOT support open borders.

In fact it is DEMOCRATS who have proposed real border reforms instead of ridiculous border walls that DO NOTHING.

Some specific proposals that Democrats passed when Trump was president, that were blocked by Republicans:

• addressing the CAUSES of illegal immigration at the source: U.S. actions in the 1980’s destabilized Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Honduras. Many coming here are indigenous Maya who do not want to leave their homes. Help re-stabilize what we broke and they won’t even want to come (Julián Castro’s “Marshall Plan” for Latin America)

• addressing electronic monitoring of tourists/students to deal with visa overstays

• electronic and high-tech border surveillance, including infrared, drones and other electronic monitoring that is far more effective than any wall

• increased inspections of vehicles and cargo shipment containers that enter LEGALLY at border checkpoints, where there is not enough equipment or workers to complete adequate inspections

• increased monitoring of entries through airports

Democratic proposals would address whatever legitimate issues actual exist today, which do NOT include border crossings on the southern border.

My compliments to DD Wiz
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-03-19, 08:28

lol I saw some conspiracy theory that Biden is dead and the deep state used a combination of CGI and a body double when Biden was supposedly answering questions on the White House lawn yesterday.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-03-19, 13:16

Biden fell on the steps of AF 1 this morning. Assholes loving it. I just want to know is he ok.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-03-19, 17:57

Rocinante wrote:Biden fell on the steps of AF 1 this morning. Assholes loving it. I just want to know is he ok.

He's OK. Making live remarks in Atlanta right now. Or his CGI/body double is.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-19, 19:45

Honestly, I fall on the steps like that about once every couple of months or so. Usually if I'm in my bare feet or socks and I step more on the edge with my toe more than the ball of my foot. I'd imagine in dress shoes with a smooth sole it is easier to slip than in socks. Sometimes I catch myself, sometimes my shin slams on the step. It happens. Just a matter of going too quick and/or casually.

I'm sure in Fox's celebrations over this they're forgetting about Trump's problems with a ramp and with drinking water, not to mention when Trump tripped walking up to the stage at one of his rallies this fall.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-01-24, 18:28

Calls Peter Doocey a “stupid son of a bitch” lol!

[tw]1485741315866472451?s=21[/tw]
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-01-24, 18:31

I'm not really a fan of Biden making fun of challenged reporter folks like Trump did, but you can't argue with him here.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-01-24, 19:13

This is my Joe Biden.

You can only take so much garbage from these idiots.

Lemme guess.. the christian patriots who were okay with their hero bragging about grabbing " 'em by the pussy", are outraged by this?

I think it's a good thing that the mainstream media is called out. We need more of that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-01-24, 21:24

kingstonlake wrote:Calls Peter Doocey a “stupid son of a bitch” lol!

[tw]1485741315866472451?s=21[/tw]

So, it took them like 5 days to doctor up this recording to make it sound like he really said this ...

How gullible do they think we are?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-09, 09:42

The two largest drivers of the surprisingly high inflation in recent months have been the costs of shelter — up 4% in 2021 — and used cars — up 37%(!). Any big moves in those categories could translate into a big swing in the official reading on prices.

https://www.axios.com/cpi-inflation-economy-investors-248b51b8-b1c2-47d5-91e7-9122ff972521.html

Here is the MSM hyping the year-to-year numbers again.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down