Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal?

+13
Jake from State Farm
DWags
tGreenWay
Nordic
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Rocinante
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
Heat Miser
Motown Spartan
The Pantry
Turtleneck
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? Empty Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal?

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-26, 21:05

How should they free the ship? I think they got it stuck on purpose to boost cable news ratings, but I'm curious how they get this ship freed. Do any of you experts have ideas you want to share?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? Empty Re: Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal?

Post by The Pantry 2021-03-26, 21:19

Pretty simple. Tow it off the grounding with an aircraft carrier.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? Empty Re: Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal?

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-03-26, 21:31

Ironman
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

MattyFresh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-03-26, 21:33

Giant crowbar?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-26, 21:38

Like 10, 18 wheelers hooked to one side.... Pull at once?

Pictures putting it into perspective are crazy.
steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? Suez-canal-ship-stuck-ap21083282377835
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

MattyFresh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-26, 22:29

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Like 10, 18 wheelers hooked to one side.... Pull at once?

steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? Suez-canal-ship-stuck-ap21083282377835

Do you know how I know you recently watched the movie Convoy?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-03-26, 22:37

steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? Horse_Drawn_Barge_1
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-03-26, 22:41

I don’t think any of you are named steve
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-26, 22:50

Rocinante wrote:I don’t think any of you are named steve

It's open to everybody, Roc. Steve might have read a Tweet so he likely has the best advice, but other posters might have good ideas as well.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-26, 23:02

Looks like a job for Superman.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-26, 23:10

What blockage? The canal is the most biggest open canal in our history of all times. That's what I'm hearing. Some say it's the greatest canal that's ever had water.
steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? Bf768810

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2021-03-27, 00:10; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-26, 23:15

steveschneider wrote:Looks like a job for Superman.

Not helpful. Be serious.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-03-27, 02:29

No idea, but hopefully none of shit is on it. Not totally joking.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-03-27, 04:22

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I don’t think any of you are named steve

It's open to everybody, Roc. Steve might have read a Tweet so he likely has the best advice, but other posters might have good ideas as well.

Oh ok then. I think they should just blow the motherfucker up.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-27, 10:55

Turtleneck wrote:
Do you know how I know you recently watched the movie Convoy?
Huge Kristofferson fan.

(Not really, only vaguely)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-03-27, 11:30

Dump ten tons of uncooked macaroni underneath the hull. Pour in hot water. 8-10 minutes later, that ship will be up and out of there.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-03-27, 12:31

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Oh ok then. I think they should just blow the motherfucker up.
The aircraft carrier could do it that way also.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-27, 12:35

tGreenWay wrote:

Dump ten tons of uncooked macaroni underneath the hull. Pour in hot water. 8-10 minutes later, that ship will be up and out of there.

I was thinking something along the lines of get a long garden hose, put it in the canal and fill her up. Buoyancy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-03-27, 13:25

Airbags and ping pong balls.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-27, 14:33

Has anyone thought of maybe training whales? They’re smarter than humans.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-27, 15:18

https://istheshipstillstuck.com/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-03-27, 15:24

I’d like to restate Ironman as the best option. Here is a picture of him saving the Staten Island Ferry. steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? F2f36a10
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-03-27, 15:54

DWags wrote:Has anyone thought of maybe training whales? They’re smarter than humans.

They’re smarter than some humans, DWags. steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? 3003718628
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-27, 16:06

Did they consider "Uping" it yet?

balloons.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-03-27, 16:42

Get me a rope and plane ticket. I'll pull that bitch out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-03-27, 17:11

Nordic wrote:Get me a rope and plane ticket. I'll pull that bitch out.

This is the only correct answer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-03-28, 11:27

It seems reasonable to point out that Steve was probably the one who got the ship stuck in the first place.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-28, 11:35

tGreenWay wrote:It seems reasonable to point out that Steve was probably the one who got the ship stuck in the first place.
prolly some funky ass specialty hummus for pantry weighing the boat down or something.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-28, 11:40

I GOT IT!!! Admittedly I was drunk last night, but I'm sober now. I think, a bit shankey, but Id' say It's a 60% chance I'm sober.

I started watching the movie "The Martian" again last night. They need to send Matt Damon off of mars at an incredible amount of speed. So, they tell him to take everything off of the rocket except the seat he'll be sitting in. I mean, windows, control panels, nuts bolts, widgets toiletries, everything. They were launching him off the planet in a one seat convertable with the top down.

So........... EUREKA! Get your wrenches out you dumb fucks. Everything over the side of the boat. Start with those anchors up there. They have to weigh a couple tons right there. We turn that ship into a shell. We then probably could just push it out with like five or six people.

Thanks. I hope there's a reward or something.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-03-28, 12:13

Block off both ends of the canal and pump water into it to raise the water level by a few feet. They might end up flooding half the countryside but at least the ship will be unstuck.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-03-28, 13:04

DWags wrote:

I GOT IT!!!  Admittedly I was drunk last night, but I'm sober now.  I think, a bit shankey, but Id' say It's a 60% chance I'm sober.

I started watching the movie "The Martian" again last night.   They need to send Matt Damon off of mars at an incredible amount of speed.  So, they tell him to take everything off of the rocket except the seat he'll be sitting in.  I mean, windows, control panels, nuts bolts, widgets toiletries, everything.  They were launching him off the planet in a one seat convertable with the top down.    

So........... EUREKA!   Get your wrenches out you dumb fucks.  Everything over the side of the boat.  Start with those anchors up there.  They have to weigh a couple tons right there.  We turn that ship into a shell.   We then probably could just push it out with like five or six people.  

Thanks.  I hope there's a reward or something.  
Or they could just take its cargo off - it is fully loaded with nearly 20,000 containers. 

That obvious idea is not easy and the company in charge is reluctant to do so as they say it could unbalance and damage the ship.  Egypt's president has recently ordered them to do it - but no cranes are currently present.  They may use helicopters.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-28, 15:03

MSU addict wrote:
DWags wrote:

I GOT IT!!!  Admittedly I was drunk last night, but I'm sober now.  I think, a bit shankey, but Id' say It's a 60% chance I'm sober.

I started watching the movie "The Martian" again last night.   They need to send Matt Damon off of mars at an incredible amount of speed.  So, they tell him to take everything off of the rocket except the seat he'll be sitting in.  I mean, windows, control panels, nuts bolts, widgets toiletries, everything.  They were launching him off the planet in a one seat convertable with the top down.    

So........... EUREKA!   Get your wrenches out you dumb fucks.  Everything over the side of the boat.  Start with those anchors up there.  They have to weigh a couple tons right there.  We turn that ship into a shell.   We then probably could just push it out with like five or six people.  

Thanks.  I hope there's a reward or something.  
Or they could just take its cargo off - it is fully loaded with nearly 20,000 containers. 

That obvious idea is not easy and the company in charge is reluctant to do so as they say it could unbalance and damage the ship.  Egypt's president has recently ordered them to do it - but no cranes are currently present.  They may use helicopters.

Dumb asses. Whales balloons Nordic and wrenches. We would be having cocktails by 5 P.M. they don’t want our advice, fuck em.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-03-28, 15:57

Saw this news headline and pic on yahoo yesterday.

A Boat Snarled Traffic. No, Not That Boat.

steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? I-1010

Read the story and realized it was the same Florida county my niece was killed in little over 7 years ago. She was in a van with other students on the way back to Duke after a spring break trip. They were eastbound on I-10 around noon when a drugged-up asshole from Alabama crossed the median and slammed into the side of the van. Others were injured, she was the only one that died.

Looked back at the pic of the boat laying across the lanes. There's now a median barrier for the westbound lanes of I-10 that wasn't there 7 years ago.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-28, 18:29

Well that post took a turn.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-28, 21:03

The Pantry wrote:Saw this news headline and pic on yahoo yesterday.

steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? I-1010

Read the story and realized it was the same Florida county my niece was killed in little over 7 years ago. She was in a van with other students on the way back to Duke after a spring break trip. They were eastbound on I-10 around noon when a drugged-up asshole from Alabama crossed the median and slammed into the side of the van. Others were injured, she was the only one that died.

Looked back at the pic of the boat laying across the lanes. There's now a median barrier for the westbound lanes of I-10 that wasn't there 7 years ago.

Geez Pantry, I"m really sorry. Wow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-03-28, 21:06

The Pantry wrote:Saw this news headline and pic on yahoo yesterday.

I was all ready to laugh and damn that post took a hard turn. Really sorry, Pantry.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-28, 21:11

steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? 16685910
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-28, 21:18

DWags wrote:steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? 16685910
Floated my boat w beer.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-03-28, 23:36

DWags wrote:steve - Steve, any advice on how to dislodge the ship blocking the Suez Canal? 16685910

Bet that dude in the big Tonka Toy never stops thinking what would happen if that boat tips over on him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-29, 07:42

I wonder if they are letting people off the boat so they can get some r&r.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next