Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JFC - Keith Appling wanted for suspected shooting

+15
CORNER BLITZ
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Motown Spartan
GRR Spartan
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Rocinante
tGreenWay
duffy munn
WhiteBoyHatcher
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

JFC - Keith Appling wanted for suspected shooting Empty JFC - Keith Appling wanted for suspected shooting

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-05-22, 23:19

On the West side. Breaking right now...

Last edited by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2021-05-22, 23:26; edited 1 time in total
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

JFC - Keith Appling wanted for suspected shooting Empty Re: JFC - Keith Appling wanted for suspected shooting

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-05-22, 23:24

https://twitter.com/brettkast/status/1396302907679649793
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

JFC - Keith Appling wanted for suspected shooting Empty Re: JFC - Keith Appling wanted for suspected shooting

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-05-22, 23:26

Sounds like he's wanted for actual murder. That's not good.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-05-22, 23:35

Damn
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-05-23, 00:13

Ex-Michigan State star Keith Appling wanted in connection to fatal shooting, police say

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2021/05/23/ex-msu-star-keith-appling-wanted-connection-fatal-shooting-police-say/5230442001/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-05-23, 01:21

He’d get away if he was as fast as Kalin Lucas.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-23, 08:27

Just horrible for everyone involved.  His ability to entertain us with basketball aside, what did msu do for him when all this stuff started?   After they’ve brought in millions of dollars to our school? Brought billions of eyes to tv. Sold millions in swag.  He showed signs of possible mental problems while At MSU. When he got out he doubled down on them.  With all that revenue we bring in we can’t start a program or department for these kids who don’t reach their dreams after football or basketball?  After four years of bringing in revenue for msu they hit a wall and we say good bye?  
Now a man is dead.  And honestly if anyone says a scholarship is good enough for them, that’s fine if that’s your opinion but don’t mind me if I think that’s bullshit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-23, 08:39

And by the way, im Pleased that the news didn’t put this story behind a pay wall. Every time I tried to click on the news freep stories buried outside the sports pages about Bo knowing about the doctor they were behind paywalls. Glad this is front and center and free so I could read it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-23, 08:42

I understand that there is probably more to it than this on the paywall thing dwags but if you strip away the schools and all that and just focus on which is news that you should get out to the populace as it’s more urgent- I would think that a local on going manhunt for a suspected murdered takes precedent over stories about a doctor who fondled college students decades ago and is now dead.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-23, 08:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I understand that there is probably more to it than this on the paywall thing dwags but if you strip away the schools and all that and just focus on which is news that you should get out to the populace as it’s more urgent- I would think that a local on going manhunt for a suspected murdered takes precedent over stories about a doctor who fondled college students decades ago and is now dead.

As I said, I’m happy this is out in the center. It should be and also it should be free. I wish a story as important as a possible institutional culture problem was made available too. That it wasn’t doesn’t surprise me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2021-05-23, 08:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I understand that there is probably more to it than this on the paywall thing dwags but if you strip away the schools and all that and just focus on which is news that you should get out to the populace as it’s more urgent- I would think that a local on going manhunt for a suspected murdered takes precedent over stories about a doctor who fondled college students decades ago and is now dead.

Yet the university is still employing people who were in the cover up
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-05-23, 11:22

What’s happened with Appling’s life post MSU is awful.  Now it appears Appling’s issues and choices; ie drugs, thinking he needed to be armed, choices of friends/acquaintances; has allegedly culminated in murder of another person.

While I agree with DWags on what MSU got from Appling when he was playing basketball, there are limits to what MSU, Tom Izzo and alums like Ishbia can do for former players.  But Appling had to want to be helped.

I recently learned an under 30 college grad son of a relative had a major mental breakdown.  He’d held a job, was invited  to interview for promotions with no outward signs of problems until the weight of his issues collapsed all at once.  

When his parents found out they were advised NOT to take him into their home IF he was willing to accept treatment because he is over 18 and because he’s no longer a minor, he couldn’t be bound by any rules they set in their home.  Worse, if they took him in, rules weren’t followed, he could go to court if they tried to evict him.

As an outsider it sounds like Appling has had multiple issues for years and he has been unwilling to accept help that could have stopped his apparent drug issue(s) that can bring on paranoia that includes feeling the need to carry weapons.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-05-23, 11:37

Nm
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-23, 11:39

There isn't any amount of help that could have prevented Keith Appling from murdering someone. It has always been inevitable. Some people are beyond saving.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-23, 11:48

How about we just not allegedly kill people.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-23, 12:07

Motown Spartan wrote:There isn't any amount of help that could have prevented Keith Appling from murdering someone. It has always been inevitable. Some people are beyond saving.

Are you talking about from Msu like someone mentioned or from society as a whole. Because for one- maybe you’re right but for the other you definitely aren’t
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-05-23, 12:13

DWags wrote:Nm
Disappointed didn't get to see your post before you removed it. Please PM me the cliffs notes.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-23, 12:24

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:There isn't any amount of help that could have prevented Keith Appling from murdering someone. It has always been inevitable. Some people are beyond saving.

Are you talking about from Msu like someone mentioned or from society as a whole. Because for one- maybe you’re right but for the other you definitely aren’t

Society as a whole and it's not improving.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-23, 13:34

Always? Geez, I guess Izzo has some explaining to do if you able to deduce this without ever having interacted with him.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-23, 13:46

Motown Spartan wrote:

Us, as a society, not doing things to help people because it’s too much of a burden and might cost a little bit of money does not equal people being unsavable, which is what you said. They certainly can be saved, but for certain groups of people, we choose not to. It’s a choice society makes, not a predetermined fate.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-23, 13:48

Turtleneck wrote:

Always? Geez, I guess Izzo has some explaining to do if you able to deduce this without ever having interacted with him.

I think the fact that it happened kind of proves my point. There are lost causes in this world and it seems Appling is a lost cause.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-23, 13:50

Motown Spartan wrote:

Us, as a society, not doing things to help people because it’s too much of a burden and might cost a little bit of money does not equal people being unsavable, which is what you said. They certainly can be saved, but for certain groups of people, we choose not to. It’s a choice society makes, not a predetermined fate.

There are lost causes in this world and no amount of money will change that.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-23, 13:57

Also, Appling is a metaphor. He just happens to be closely tied to the mutual interest of this board. Murder is inevitable. There will always be people that are willing to take someone else's life for no reason and no amount of resources or money will change that.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-23, 14:04

It's also in MSU's best interest to distance themselves from someone that chooses the life that Appling chose. Firearm conviction, drug conviction....
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-23, 14:06

Motown Spartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I think the fact that it happened kind of proves my point. There are lost causes in this world and it seems Appling is a lost cause.

If it has always been inevitable, and was obvious to an outsider like you, then Izzo knowingly brought a person with potential to murder/homicidal tendencies into the program. That shows a compete lack of judgement. Or maybe it was not always inevitable.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-23, 14:08

Turtleneck wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

If it has always been inevitable, and was obvious to an outsider like you, then Izzo knowingly brought a person with potential to murder/homicidal tendencies into the program. That shows a compete lack of judgement. Or maybe it was not always inevitable.

Just because something is inevitable doesn't mean we know it's going to happen. Hindsight bro, is 20/20.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-23, 14:11

Motown Spartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Just because something is inevitable doesn't mean we know it's going to happen. Hindsight bro, is 20/20.

Do you know what the word inevitable means, bro?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-23, 14:15

Turtleneck wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Yes. Pretty sure you don't though.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-23, 14:27

It seems that in a highly structured environment with constant oversight and a goal, Appling could function somewhat. Once the goal was unattainable and the structure removed, he could not remain a productive member of society. I would guess that without that constant oversight it was inevitable he was going to fail. And he pretty much proved it multiple times. Let's not pretend he was the exemplary student athlete either. He didn't always make smart decisions.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-23, 14:55

Motown Spartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It means inescapable, unavoidable, will absolutely happen, etc. So saying "inevitable doesn't mean we know it's going to happen" doesn't make sense given the word means that something will absolutely happen. You're not too bright, bro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-23, 15:09

Turtleneck wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

It means inescapable, unavoidable, will absolutely happen, etc. So saying "inevitable doesn't mean we know it's going to happen" doesn't make sense given the word means that something will absolutely happen. You're not too bright, bro.

You really are fucking stupid. Get fucked!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-05-23, 15:27

You mad, bro? You seem mad.

I think I agree now. This thing that was “incapable of being avoided or evaded,” we actually couldn’t know it would happen. Yeah, it was unavoidable and certain to happen, but we couldn’t reasonably predict it would happen. Right?

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2021-05-23, 16:50; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-23, 15:45

Motown Spartan wrote:

There are lost causes in this world and no amount of money will change that.

No cause starts out lost. We chose to let his lot in life get worse and worse to this point via a system that doesn’t give a fuck about someone like him.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-05-23, 16:11

What we need is a good pre-crime unit. Anybody know what Agatha is doing now? Forget the twins; they were useless.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-23, 16:15

I wonder what cool things we could give a 29 year old man that would not make him shoot a 66 year old man.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-23, 16:22

kingstonlake wrote:I wonder what cool things we could give a 29 year old man that would not make him shoot a 66 year old man.

I mean we could have given him plenty of assistance and help when he was a 25 year old man being locked up and in legal trouble multiple times. Instead, we did what we do, nothing. And now a guy is dead. And this story is just the one we see, it happens time and time again where we missed our obvious chances to help because we don’t care.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-05-23, 16:35

It's sad. None of us know any circumstances. We don't know who tried to help and when. We don't know if Keith refused. We don't know if he has a mental disorder. We don't know if it was self defense. We don't know a lot of things. My opinion is that everyone should shut the fuck up. But hey it's a message board so do what you like.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-05-23, 16:36

kingstonlake wrote:I wonder what cool things we could give a 29 year old man that would not make him shoot a 66 year old man.

I mean we could have given him plenty of assistance and help when he was a 25 year old man being locked up and in legal trouble multiple times. Instead, we did what we do, nothing. And now a guy is dead. And this story is just the one we see, it happens time and time again where we missed our obvious chances to help because we don’t care.

There are many resources available at the state and local levels that do just that. But you only get out of it what you put into it. My wife works within that system. Programs are both court ordered and voluntary. If your willing to work at being a better person you can become one. There are success stories and failures. But in the end it's the consumers choice
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-05-23, 16:40

kingstonlake wrote:

There are many resources available at the state and local levels that do just that. But you only get out of it what you put into it. My wife works within that system. Programs are both court ordered and voluntary. If your willing to work at being a better person you can become one. There are success stories and failures. But in the end it's the consumers choice

Yeah, and a guy is dead because of that system. And probably countless others. I’m glad you see the obvious failures of such an asinine “pull yourself up by the bootstraps” type of system.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-05-23, 16:51

kingstonlake wrote:

Yeah, and a guy is dead because of that system. And probably countless others. I’m glad you see the obvious failures of such an asinine “pull yourself up by the bootstraps” type of system.

It's unfortunate, but we can't lock people up before they've committed a crime.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next