Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DWags gonna love him some Lisa Byington

+3
Floyd Robertson
duffy munn
NigelUno
7 posters

Go down

DWags gonna love him some Lisa Byington Empty DWags gonna love him some Lisa Byington

Post by NigelUno Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 17:47

[tw]1438241102516064260[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

DWags gonna love him some Lisa Byington Empty Re: DWags gonna love him some Lisa Byington

Post by duffy munn Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 18:48

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1438241102516064260[/tw]

Good for her ( and Dwags). Lisa is talented and knows her shit. She can also ball. She's used to run at the noon games at the MAC when she worked in Lansing. She always held her own in games that featured dudes who played college basketball. She played both basketball and soccer at Northwestern.

Oh, and she is hot which doesn't hurt.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DWags gonna love him some Lisa Byington Empty Re: DWags gonna love him some Lisa Byington

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 18:50

Makes you wonder what Pam Ward has been up to lately.

ps. Good for Lisa, she's earned it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 19:56

After this season, all of this is just the cherry on the whip cream.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 20:13

Happy for Lisa. She's good at what she does.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 20:31

Lisa has worked really hard at elevating her career. When she first started on weekends at WLNS, she wasn’t just dreadful, she might have been in my top five all-time worst, and she was creepy AF to watch. I was pretty good at predicting the future professional success of on-cam talent, but I was way wrong about LB. She was always smart and had excellent knowledge about the game, but she’s continued to focus on her actual performance until it matched her other strengths. Really happy for her. She’s earned every bit of her success.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 20:39

tGreenWay wrote:Lisa has worked really hard at elevating her career. When she first started on weekends at WLNS, she wasn’t just dreadful, she might have been in my top five all-time worst, and she was creepy AF to watch. I was pretty good at predicting the future professional success of on-cam talent, but I was way wrong about LB. She was always smart and had excellent knowledge about the game, but she’s continued to focus on her actual performance until it matched her other strengths. Really happy for her. She’s earned every bit of her success.

I cant imagine breaking in in that business. The first time that red light goes on I’d either projectile vomit or start yelling “boom goes the dynamite “. The true pros make it look a lot easier than what it is.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 21:33

tGreenWay wrote:Lisa has worked really hard at elevating her career. When she first started on weekends at WLNS, she wasn’t just dreadful, she might have been in my top five all-time worst, and she was creepy AF to watch. I was pretty good at predicting the future professional success of on-cam talent, but I was way wrong about LB. She was always smart and had excellent knowledge about the game, but she’s continued to focus on her actual performance until it matched her other strengths. Really happy for her. She’s earned every bit of her success.

Interesting insight on LB. I agree she was rough in the beginning but I was always a fan. Dare i say working with Uncle Fred on the 5th quarter put her more at ease and made her better.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 22:00

Beth Mowens was their first choice, but I hear she turned them down.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 22:33

DWags wrote:

I cant imagine breaking in in that business. The first time that red light goes on I’d either projectile vomit or start yelling “boom goes the dynamite “. The true pros make it look a lot easier than what it is.

It was my experience that, like a lot of other things, nerves usually hit new reporters/anchors in the time leading up to the moment they appeared on cam. Sure, they were nervous while the red light was on, too, but that part dissipated pretty quickly. Rookies were focused on getting everything right, which helped calm the nerves.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 23:13

duffy munn wrote:

Interesting insight on LB. I agree she was rough in the beginning but I was always a fan. Dare i say working with Uncle Fred on the 5th quarter put her more at ease and made her better.

Her first few times anchoring, Lisa looked like a psycho serial killer. Her bangs were just combed over and locked down w/some serious hair product, but it looked greasy. IIRC, she slouched and looked up at the camera. No personality whatsoever. It’s been twenty years, but im pretty sure I have the details right. But then, she quickly got better, and it was obvious that as she got hours on-air, her comfort level really grew. It’s similar to a football player who struggles until they understand everything and the game slows down for them. Lisa’s appearance, wardrobe, and delivery improved by leaps and bounds, and once she had command of that, it ran in sync with her knowledge of the games she was talking about. She developed a physical presence to match her knowledge. I’m really happy for her. You probably know this, but her dad is a Spartan.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 23:42

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Her first few times anchoring, Lisa looked like a psycho serial killer. Her bangs were just combed over and locked down w/some serious hair product, but it looked greasy. IIRC, she slouched and looked up at the camera. No personality whatsoever. It’s been twenty years, but im pretty sure I have the details right. But then, she quickly got better, and it was obvious that as she got hours on-air, her comfort level really grew. It’s similar to a football player who struggles until they understand everything and the game slows down for them. Lisa’s appearance, wardrobe, and delivery improved by leaps and bounds, and once she had command of that, it ran in sync with her knowledge of the games she was talking about. She developed a physical presence to match her knowledge. I’m really happy for her. You probably know this, but her dad is a Spartan.

Again cool perspective and shows you how someone can grow on the job. I see a similar path for Audrey Dahlgren. At first it was like, wow, easily on the lip stick and the forced catch phrases. But she is getting better. What do you see in her future?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down