Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the bigger scam? Paying for hotel parking or Airline Bag Fees

+5
tGreenWay
The Pantry
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
Dendrobates
9 posters

Go down

What's the bigger scam? Paying for hotel parking or Airline Bag Fees Empty What's the bigger scam? Paying for hotel parking or Airline Bag Fees

Post by Dendrobates 2021-09-16, 21:59

It's all BS.

With the exception of those crazy women that pack unnecessary multiple bags. Besides that... why should you pay extra to use the services that are likely necessary?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's the bigger scam? Paying for hotel parking or Airline Bag Fees Empty Re: What's the bigger scam? Paying for hotel parking or Airline Bag Fees

Post by steveschneider 2021-09-16, 22:01

The bag fees gets me hot under the collar.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

What's the bigger scam? Paying for hotel parking or Airline Bag Fees Empty Re: What's the bigger scam? Paying for hotel parking or Airline Bag Fees

Post by Dendrobates 2021-09-16, 22:04

steveschneider wrote:The bag fees gets me hot under the collar.

I agree.
Bug what if you have pay the stupid bag fee, have to take a rental car for whatever reason, and then have to pay $25/night to park?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-09-16, 22:22

Add hotel resort fees to that, at least at places that aren't a resort by any means. Just having a pool doesn't make it a resort.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-16, 22:38

Stopped traveling and it solved the issues What's the bigger scam? Paying for hotel parking or Airline Bag Fees 1811933421
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-16, 22:49

Dendrobates wrote:It's all BS.

With the exception of those crazy women that pack unnecessary multiple bags. Besides that... why should you pay extra to use the services that are likely necessary?

Haven’t been affected by it yet, but I might go with hotel parking. If I’m somewhere for a week, those parking fees are ridiculous. A round trip flight gets you twice, max. And I can’t remember, but I think we get one free bag each when flying Sky Priority.
btw, I read a few months ago that hotels are implementing other fees that we’ll quickly think are bs, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-09-16, 23:03

Last time I flew it cost nearly as much to fly my golf clubs as it did to fly my body.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-09-17, 08:41

duffy munn wrote:Last time I flew it cost nearly as much to fly my golf clubs as it did to fly my body.

Fly Southwest. They treat you like cattle but you can fly all kinds of stuff and it's included in the fare.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-17, 11:20

Jake from State Farm wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Last time I flew it cost nearly as much to fly my golf clubs as it did to fly my body.

Fly Southwest. They treat you like cattle but you can fly all kinds of stuff and it's included in the fare.

Like what, Jake? Salami? Kitten mittons? Vintage swag from Turner & Hooch?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-09-17, 11:38

Wife and I have \had that debate going to Chicago, or DC or philly for a weekender. fly and uber? Drive and pay for parking everywhere? I think it's always best to drive, except maybe chicago. probably still best drive there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-17, 14:48

DWags wrote:Wife and I have \had that debate going to Chicago, or DC or philly for a weekender. fly and uber? Drive and pay for parking everywhere? I think it's always best to drive, except maybe chicago. probably still best drive there.
There's enough transportation in Chicago. Take the train.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-09-17, 16:25

tGreenWay wrote:

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/baggage/special-luggage-pol.html
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-17, 17:25

tGreenWay wrote:

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/baggage/special-luggage-pol.html

So no kitten mittons? What a drag, man.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-09-17, 20:02

tGreenWay wrote:

I suppose you could always try and smuggle them past the TSA
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-17, 21:33

tGreenWay wrote:

I suppose you could always try and smuggle them past the TSA

If im going to smuggle anything, it’s a rum ham.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-09-17, 21:45

I'm like holding my breath I didn't fuck something up every time I go through the tsa... I'm not "smuggling" shit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-09-17, 21:47

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'm like holding my breath I didn't fuck something up every time I go through the tsa... I'm not "smuggling" shit.

Get global entry or whatever it’s called now. They pretty much leave you alone and the lines are way shorter.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-09-17, 22:36

Probably not worth it for 2-3 flights a year.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-09-17, 23:30

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'm like holding my breath I didn't fuck something  up every time I go through the tsa... I'm not "smuggling" shit.
Got semi-busted by TSA the year after 911 in San Diego. Forgot I had a small Leatherman in the little bag with my contact lense stuff.  They were cool about it.  Let me go back in the terminal and mail it home.  Dawned on me the Leatherman had made it past security in Detroit.

Got home that evening and unpacked.  Had a soft cooler we took on flights all the time.  Cleaned it out and found a knife we kept in it for cutting up fruit for the kids.  It had gone through security at both DTW and San Diego undetected.  Starting thinking had San Diego TSA found that knife, along with the Leatherman, I'd probably have spent some time in jail.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down