Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Murders in the US Increased nearly 30% in 2020, Trump's last year...

+9
InTenSity
ChaseViolence
Cameron
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
TrapperGus
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So Murders in the US Increased nearly 30% in 2020, Trump's last year... Empty So Murders in the US Increased nearly 30% in 2020, Trump's last year...

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-23, 13:15

Murders rose nearly 30 percent in the U.S. last year, the sharpest increase on record — and have continued rising this year.

Why?
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

So Murders in the US Increased nearly 30% in 2020, Trump's last year... Empty Re: So Murders in the US Increased nearly 30% in 2020, Trump's last year...

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-09-23, 14:20

Realistically, I'm sure that the pandemic had an effect. Less social interaction, job losses, and overall stress can lead people to be teetering on the edge (you see it all the time on the news with what seems like more fights, public screaming matches, etc.). This isn't to say we shouldn't have had lockdowns because this is what happened. It takes a special kind of stupid to think like that when over 600K and counting have died from Covid despite the lockdowns.

But since this is tBin, I think the only acceptable answer for the board is because Trump. But personally, I think that as high as political tensions were last fall and early winter, I don't think that's sending all that many people off the deep end. Only the really hard core nutcases, but I don't know if enough murders have been attributed to them in order to really drive the increased numbers. But maybe someone has hard evidence to the contrary about the number of Trump supporters charged with murder and/or politically motivated murders.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So Murders in the US Increased nearly 30% in 2020, Trump's last year... Empty Re: So Murders in the US Increased nearly 30% in 2020, Trump's last year...

Post by kingstonlake 2021-09-23, 14:33

I’m willing to trade mass school, night club, theater, office building, church, and mall shooting shootings for it. I’m sure we’ll get back to it soon though
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-09-23, 16:13

There is a correlation of availability of guns and violent crimes commited with guns.

There is also a correlation of demographics of "super gun owners (those who own 17 or more guns) and the demographics of Trump voters in the 2016 and 2020 elections. There is also a significant majority of the same voters who believe the election was stolen from Trump.

There is no "acceptable answer" but ancedotally , I know of more than a dozen people (business acquaintances none related to each other)some of whom purchased guns when we started having COVID shutdowns/shortages in March 2020 but the vast majority started buyng AK type rifles and handguns after polling started indicating Trump was the probable loser in November 2020 because they believed there would be widespread violence. They weren't including police killings in their concerns.

The reason we haven't seen shooting in airports or on planes is because except for law enforcement you can't carry in an airport even with a CCP and only Federal Marshals can carry on planes. I firmly believe we would have seen shooting on planes by the anti-mask wack jobs who've been assaulting crew and other passengers if they had guns.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-23, 16:34

I have seen reports of more gun shy liberals buying guns during the pandemic, hove no idea how that changes things other than more guns, which I would think is a partial driver of more murders.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-09-23, 17:39

Yeah, we can't really begin to guess as to the "why" without knowing the "who". Correlation does not equal causation.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-09-23, 18:03

kingstonlake wrote:I’m willing to trade mass school, night club, theater, office building, church, and mall shooting shootings for it. I’m sure we’ll get back to it soon though

Well that was quick. Not a mall but a grocery store….

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wreg.com/news/local/active-shooter-on-byhalia-and-poplar/amp/

Multiple people were injured Thursday in a shooting inside the Kroger on Byhalia and Poplar Avenue in Collierville, a Memphis suburb, after an active shooter incident.

Collierville Police Chief Dale Lane confirmed 13 people were shot, and one person killed. The suspected shooter also is dead, possibly from a self-inflicted gunshot, Lane said.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-09-23, 18:55

I saw that Kayleigh is still shilling spinning lying for Donald, blaming the 2020 increase on Biden.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-09-23, 19:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:I saw that Kayleigh is still shilling spinning lying for Donald, blaming the 2020 increase on Biden.

I'd imagine she would be several miles down the road before Jen Psaki made it five steps into the same room as her.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-09-23, 19:34

If Kayleigh and Psaki wanted to mud wrestle, I'd watch.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-09-23, 20:02

Floyd Robertson wrote:I saw that Kayleigh is still shilling spinning lying for Donald, blaming the 2020 increase on Biden.

Well, it is Biden's fault, along with the burning, looting, and civil unrest. Don't you remember the campaign commercials telling us to fear Joe Biden's America by showing us Trump's America?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-09-23, 21:58

An acquaintance started a web version of a local weekly newspaper that lasted about 110 years before it was purchased by The Advance newspapers and closed 6 years later. The previous 3 owners (110 years and 3 owners when you could make money owning a weekly)  had saved every edition to microfiche and a local library made digital copies when Advance took over.  He along with some donors digitized the entire collection.

Twice a month he does a retrospective featuring events from 25, 50, 75 and 100 years ago.  Its telling that going back to the late 40's the same themes are brought up in letters to the editor. People urging a NO vote on school milage because they don't want more government money and Communism in "bigger" schools.  Complaining that limiting hunting areas away from schools in rural areas is Gun Control and complaining about taxes of any kind.  

Oddly enough he told me after hours of reading through editions in the 1950's and 1960's there were no letters opposing Polio vaccines yet minimizing COVID and anti-COVID vaccination opinions have dominated comments since March 2020.  

A lot of the anti-vax comments include needing guns to protect yourself from the government.  These letters are written by very angry people who often cite "conservative" websites, radio and streaming channels.

My opinion is the uptick of the people getting guns through purchases of some kind or theft then commiting crimes are overwhelmed by feelings of anger and hopelessness.  Some of that is raised by 24/7 consumption of the news they choose.  

Its all; We Need to Take Our Country Back; They are taking away My Freedom; Asians are to blame for The Chinese Virus;  They Stole the Election;  My child is harmed by wearing a mask 5-6 hours a day;  Immigrants are destroying the country and taking jobs from Americans.

Crank up enough hopelessness and the crazies feel emboldened.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-24, 01:11

I think that to biggest damage, among huge amounts that were done, during the Reagan administration, was the repeal of the "Fairness Doctrine" on broadcast media.

It appears to me this has led to broadcast "news" which is totally propaganda.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-09-24, 08:02

GRR Spartan wrote:An acquaintance started a web version of a local weekly newspaper that lasted about 110 years before it was purchased by The Advance newspapers and closed 6 years later. The previous 3 owners (110 years and 3 owners when you could make money owning a weekly)  had saved every edition to microfiche and a local library made digital copies when Advance took over.  He along with some donors digitized the entire collection.

Twice a month he does a retrospective featuring events from 25, 50, 75 and 100 years ago.  Its telling that going back to the late 40's the same themes are brought up in letters to the editor. People urging a NO vote on school milage because they don't want more government money and Communism in "bigger" schools.  Complaining that limiting hunting areas away from schools in rural areas is Gun Control and complaining about taxes of any kind.  

Oddly enough he told me after hours of reading through editions in the 1950's and 1960's there were no letters opposing Polio vaccines yet minimizing COVID and anti-COVID vaccination opinions have dominated comments since March 2020.  

A lot of the anti-vax comments include needing guns to protect yourself from the government.  These letters are written by very angry people who often cite "conservative" websites, radio and streaming channels.

My opinion is the uptick of the people getting guns through purchases of some kind or theft then commiting crimes are overwhelmed by feelings of anger and hopelessness.  Some of that is raised by 24/7 consumption of the news they choose.  

Its all; We Need to Take Our Country Back; They are taking away My Freedom; Asians are to blame for The Chinese Virus;  They Stole the Election;  My child is harmed by wearing a mask 5-6 hours a day;  Immigrants are destroying the country and taking jobs from Americans.

Here's the latest news out of Eaton County: Six Eaton County commissioners say they oppose mask mandate, want health officer to resign.
I suppose they'll take a clue from Deathsantis and appoint someone that will do their bidding if she does resign.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-24, 08:14

As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 107,759 people living in the county. 87.8% were White, 6.3% Black or African American, 1.7% Asian, 0.4% Native American, 1.2% of some other race and 2.6% of two or more races. 4.7% were Hispanic or Latino (of any race). 24.2% were of English ancestry, 22.9% were of German ancestry and 9.3% were of Irish ancestry.

TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-09-24, 08:54

GRR Spartan wrote:An acquaintance started a web version of a local weekly newspaper that lasted about 110 years before it was purchased by The Advance newspapers and closed 6 years later. The previous 3 owners (110 years and 3 owners when you could make money owning a weekly)  had saved every edition to microfiche and a local library made digital copies when Advance took over.  He along with some donors digitized the entire collection.

There are a lot of reasons for that hopelessness. You have to factor in 40 years of wage stagnation, the rise of big tech and billionaires not paying taxes.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

GRR Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-26, 21:41

Sadly there seem to be a bunch of RWNJs who are armed but blame the Democratics for all this.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-09-28, 12:38

So tNYT has a front page story on this.

Fewer murders than in the rip roaring 1990's but still a big increase.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2021/09/28/nytfrontpage/scan.pdf?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210928&instance_id=41490&nl=the-morning&regi_id=91327646&segment_id=70082&te=1&user_id=2ed5bfca7a055cf7cd565ee81885f0fd
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaseViolence 2021-10-21, 20:44

taking the unprecedented step of shutting the economy down and paying people to stay home had nothing to do with it.

like grrspartan said above, it was all those trumpidiots living in places experiencing european levels of violent crime with all their guns causing people in the inner cities to explode in street warfare in some fashion we're unable to articulate or pinpoint.
ChaseViolence
ChaseViolence
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-10-21, 21:40

ChaseViolence wrote:taking the unprecedented step of shutting the economy down and paying people to stay home had nothing to do with it.

like grrspartan said above, it was all those trumpidiots living in places experiencing european levels of violent crime with all their guns causing people in the inner cities to explode in street warfare in some fashion we're unable to articulate or pinpoint.
What are you saying?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaseViolence 2021-10-21, 21:45

InTenSity wrote:
ChaseViolence wrote:taking the unprecedented step of shutting the economy down and paying people to stay home had nothing to do with it.

What are you saying?

im agreeing with grrspartan. the trumpers are causing the inner city people to kill each other at higher rates in ways we can't account for or articulate. except we know it has to do with the trumpers having so many guns.
ChaseViolence
ChaseViolence
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-10-22, 08:33

ChaseViolence wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
What are you saying?

im agreeing with grrspartan. the trumpers are causing the inner city people to kill each other at higher rates in ways we can't account for or articulate. except we know it has to do with the trumpers having so many guns.

Welcome new poster.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-10-22, 08:45

ChaseViolence wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
What are you saying?

If you’re some how saying America has way to many guns and it’s way to easy to get one, you are, of course correct. Why you add the Trumpers part in there only must sound funny or be significant in your own mind.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaseViolence 2021-10-23, 14:05

DWags wrote:
ChaseViolence wrote:

If you’re some how saying America has way to many guns and it’s way to easy to get one,  you are, of course correct.  Why you add the Trumpers part in there only must sound funny or be significant in your own mind.
DWags wrote:
ChaseViolence wrote:

If you’re some how saying America has way to many guns and it’s way to easy to get one,  you are, of course correct.  Why you add the Trumpers part in there only must sound funny or be significant in your own mind.

if thats the case then rural areas must be massive killing zones and experiencing far higher rates of gun violence than urban centers considering they have 2.5x the gun ownership rate.

it must also mean that el salvador, mexico, bolivia, nicaragua, haiti, jamaica, s. africa, cote d'ivour, costa rica, colombia, guatemala or any of the other countries ahead of the u.s. in gun homicide rate must have far higher gun ownership rates despite the heavy regulations or outright bans on firearms than the u.s. has, since many of those countries' homicide rates are multitudes higher.

but like grrspartan said the reason the cities experience central american levels of violent crime is because rural people who experience european levels of crime is cause they collect so many guns. it has nothing to do with progressive failures over the past half century of exclusive supermajority control over those jurisdictions and everything to do with the subconscious transgalaxial psychological control the rednecks have over the inner city residents with their gun collections.

go green

Last edited by ChaseViolence on 2021-10-23, 14:08; edited 1 time in total
ChaseViolence
ChaseViolence
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaseViolence 2021-10-23, 14:07

NigelUno wrote:
ChaseViolence wrote:

Welcome new poster.

ty it alreddy feels like home So Murders in the US Increased nearly 30% in 2020, Trump's last year... 1f495
ChaseViolence
ChaseViolence
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-10-23, 19:55

ChaseViolence wrote:
DWags wrote:

DWags wrote:

if thats the case then rural areas must be massive killing zones and experiencing far higher rates of gun violence than urban centers considering they have 2.5x the gun ownership rate.

it must also mean that el salvador, mexico, bolivia, nicaragua, haiti, jamaica, s. africa, cote d'ivour, costa rica, colombia, guatemala or any of the other countries ahead of the u.s. in gun homicide rate must have far higher gun ownership rates despite the heavy regulations or outright bans on firearms than the u.s. has, since many of those countries' homicide rates are multitudes higher.

but like grrspartan said the reason the cities experience central american levels of violent crime is because rural people who experience european levels of crime is cause they collect so many guns. it has nothing to do with progressive failures over the past half century of exclusive supermajority control over those jurisdictions and everything to do with the subconscious transgalaxial psychological control the rednecks have over the inner city residents with their gun collections.

go green

As the legitimately elected president of the United States said, those are just shithole countries we don’t have to ever think about.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-10-23, 20:06

Just to point out that the highest category of gun violence in the US is self inflected, almost 2/3's of all gun inflected deaths.

Men, white Americans, and those living in rural areas are disproportionately affected. Men represent 86 percent of firearm suicide victims; they are six times more likely than women to die by firearm suicide. Americans living in rural areas experience far higher rates of firearm suicide than those living in urban areas. The average firearm suicide rate increases as counties become more rural, and the rate of firearm suicide in the most rural counties is 2.5 times higher than in the most urban counties.

https://everytownresearch.org/report/firearm-suicide-in-the-united-states/
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-10-23, 20:24

ChaseViolence wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
What are you saying?

The FBI data revealed mid-sized cities, particularly in the Midwest, experienced greater spikes in murders, with Milwaukee and Des Moines reporting their highest homicide count on record.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/murder-rate-2020-guns-covid-19/
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-10-23, 20:42

Naw, it's all south Chicago and Detroit and flint and every other black city duh.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-10-24, 08:30

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Naw, it's all south Chicago and Detroit and flint and every other black city duh.

Not Chicago & Detroit and other major cities, mid-sized midwestern cities. Pretty sure Milwaukee and Des Moines aren't considered "black" cities.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-10-24, 08:39

Even as the nation's homicide rate jumped in 2020 amid rising gun violence, the murder rate in 11 of the largest communities along the U.S. border stayed below the national average, an Axios analysis found.

Why it matters: The wide disparity between majority-Mexican American and Mexican immigrant border communities and other similar-size cities further north conflicts with images and myths of the U.S.-Mexico border as a region filled with crime and disarray.

New FBI statistics show some cities along the southern U.S. border had a murder rate 10 times lower than northern cities of the same size.

https://www.axios.com/border-cities-murder-rate-low-nationally-guns-cf03ea05-3efe-46aa-879e-22098c0a7239.html
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaseViolence 2021-10-24, 09:40

tGreenWay wrote:
ChaseViolence wrote:

go green

As the legitimately elected president of the United States said, those are just shithole countries we don’t have to ever think about.

some people call them shithole countries, other people call them the future. im on the side of Progressive(TM) optimism. bring on prohibition and our new banana republic.
ChaseViolence
ChaseViolence
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaseViolence 2021-10-24, 09:43

TrapperGus wrote:
ChaseViolence wrote:

The FBI data revealed mid-sized cities, particularly in the Midwest, experienced greater spikes in murders, with Milwaukee and Des Moines reporting their highest homicide count on record.

whats the electoral trends in des moines and milwaukee? im assuming there heavily trumper, obviously.
ChaseViolence
ChaseViolence
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaseViolence 2021-10-24, 09:47

TrapperGus wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Naw, it's all south Chicago and Detroit and flint and every other black city duh.

Not Chicago & Detroit and other major cities, mid-sized midwestern cities.  Pretty sure Milwaukee and Des Moines aren't considered "black" cities.

milwaukee is 40% black. des moines is the same as the national average.

do you have the demographic breakdown on those murders? i have to imagine its bucked the trend of the last 60+ years by how confident you are, like i am, that its trumpers controlling it like puppet strings.
ChaseViolence
ChaseViolence
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaseViolence 2021-10-24, 09:51

TrapperGus wrote:

Not Chicago & Detroit and other major cities, mid-sized midwestern cities.  Pretty sure Milwaukee and Des Moines aren't considered "black" cities.

your cbs article states an increase in chicago homicides from 500 in 2019 to 771 in 2020, nyc homicides up from 319 in 2019 to 500 in 2020. why doesnt it give the specific numbers for des moines and milwaukee like they do for the others? what gives?
ChaseViolence
ChaseViolence
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaseViolence 2021-10-24, 09:54

TrapperGus wrote:Even as the nation's homicide rate jumped in 2020 amid rising gun violence, the murder rate in 11 of the largest communities along the U.S. border stayed below the national average, an Axios analysis found.

Why it matters: The wide disparity between majority-Mexican American and Mexican immigrant border communities and other similar-size cities further north conflicts with images and myths of the U.S.-Mexico border as a region filled with crime and disarray.

New FBI statistics show some cities along the southern U.S. border had a murder rate 10 times lower than northern cities of the same size.

kewl? that means theres no trumpers in Tejas.
ChaseViolence
ChaseViolence
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-10-24, 12:48

Keep in mind that every gun crime committed with an illegally obtained gun is the result of a legal gun humper failing in his or her responsibilities, at some point, as the original gun owner.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaseViolence 2021-10-24, 12:51

kingstonlake wrote:Keep in mind that every gun crime committed with an illegally obtained gun is the result of a legal gun humper failing in his or her responsibilities, at some point, as the original gun owner.

like the failure not to have your home broken into? whos fault is fast n' furious?
ChaseViolence
ChaseViolence
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaseViolence 2021-10-24, 12:54

by this logic it is all of our fawlts for being robbed by the state to fund civilian casualties in drone strikes by our dear leaders.

we should be ashamed of ourselves for not locking up our W2's better and allowing our resources to be stolen and used for nefarious means.
ChaseViolence
ChaseViolence
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-10-24, 17:06

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/guns/procon/guns.html

Ask a cop on the beat how criminals get guns and you're likely to hear this hard boiled response: "They steal them." But this street wisdom is wrong, according to one frustrated Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) agent who is tired of battling this popular misconception. An expert on crime gun patterns, ATF agent Jay Wachtel says that most guns used in crimes are not stolen out of private gun owners' homes and cars. "Stolen guns account for only about 10% to 15% of guns used in crimes,"

Your schtick is boring
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next