Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edit: shooter/murderer at Oxford High School in custody

+28
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
duffy munn
Motown Spartan
MSU addict
Spartytruth
NigelUno
Zurn
InTenSity
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rick Saunders
aualum06
msugolfguy
Probably CF
StylesGShmooth
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
TrapperGus
steveschneider
Dendrobates
32 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Edit: shooter/murderer at Oxford High School in custody Empty Edit: shooter/murderer at Oxford High School in custody

Post by Dendrobates 2021-11-30, 14:17

https://www.wxyz.com/news/oxford-high-school-on-lockdown-due-to-active-shooting-situation-reports-of-multiple-victims

I hate this country.

Last edited by Dendrobates on 2021-12-01, 09:00; edited 1 time in total
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Edit: shooter/murderer at Oxford High School in custody Empty Re: Edit: shooter/murderer at Oxford High School in custody

Post by Dendrobates 2021-11-30, 14:26

Shooter is in custody.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/oakland/2021/11/30/oxford-high-school-active-shooter-victims/8810588002/
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Edit: shooter/murderer at Oxford High School in custody Empty Re: Edit: shooter/murderer at Oxford High School in custody

Post by Nordic 2021-11-30, 14:31

Just heard about it. Holy fuck, that is my backyard. My youngest is a senior at Lake Orion HS, rival HS 5 miles down the road.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-11-30, 14:34

Dendrobates wrote:https://www.wxyz.com/news/oxford-high-school-on-lockdown-due-to-active-shooting-situation-reports-of-multiple-victims

I hate this country.

It's beyond fucked up
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-30, 14:54

just another freedom-lovin' patriot celebrating his/her Constitutional right..

thoughts and prayers with gun owners during this difficult time.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-30, 15:00

Kid just got home. They (Lake Orion HS) were on lockdown since 1pm. She knows a lot of kids from Oxford HS as her dance studio is right across the street. Half the kids are from Oxford and half from Lake Orion. She's heard from all but one so far. They immediately cancelled dance practice for tonight.

Channel 4 is streaming live if you want to listen in

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2021/11/30/oxford-high-school-on-lockdown-due-to-emergency-situation/

Last edited by Nordic on 2021-11-30, 16:20; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-30, 15:02

Sheriff talking now...

3 Dead
6 8 Injured (one is a teacher)

Shooter is a 15-year old student, sophomore, in custody, but not talking

Last edited by Nordic on 2021-11-30, 17:11; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-11-30, 15:14

We have failed our children.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-11-30, 15:16

Nordic wrote:Sheriff talking now...

3 Dead
6 Injured (one is a teacher)

Shooter is a 15-year old student, sophomore, in custody, but not talking
Nordic wrote:Kid just got home. They were on lockdown since 1pm. Her dance studio is right across the street from the Meijer & Oxford HS. A number of the kids in her studio are from Oxford HS and on her team. She's heard from all but one so far. Needless to say, dance practice cancelled.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2021/11/30/oxford-high-school-on-lockdown-due-to-emergency-situation/

Holy shit Nordic, that's crazy. I seriously hope your daughters friend is alright.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-30, 15:35

Nordic wrote:Kid just got home. They were on lockdown since 1pm. Her dance studio is right across the street from the Meijer & Oxford HS. A number of the kids in her studio are from Oxford HS and on her team. She's heard from all but one so far. Needless to say, dance practice cancelled.

How long before they went on lockdown that you heard about it? The studio ought to have a way to contact everyone with one text.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-30, 16:03

tGreenWay wrote:

How long before they went on lockdown that you heard about it? The studio ought to have a way to contact everyone with one text.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. A little frazzled. She wasn't at dance. She was in class at Lake Orion HS. Oxford HS is just up the road from Lake Orion HS, about 7 miles. They are neighboring/rival high schools (along with Clarkston HS). Kids from the community all know each other.  It is a pretty homogenous community. Lake Orion HS went on lockdown at 1pm. Of course some of the kids were getting info from their phones on what was going on.

Her dance studio is right across the street from Oxford HS and the Meijer (where they were evacuating kids). So a number of kids on her dance team/the studio are from Oxford HS. They are all friends obviously. So far it doesn't sound like anyone from her studio was injured, but I don't know that for sure yet.

Last edited by Nordic on 2021-11-30, 16:06; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-30, 16:04

Just watched the news cast on this tragedy and teared up. Five minutes, 15 shots, six injured and three dead....enough is enough!

Every time I'm sickened by this insanity I give to Every Town for Gun Safety. It's the only course of action I can think of to stand up and fight this insanity. The gun lobby is too powerful in this country. They don't care about our kids, our neighbors or our communities just the bottom line. Donating $50 right now. Anyone touched by this you have my condolences.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-30, 16:12

For what it's worth because it's Giving Tuesday Michael Bloomberg will match your donation up to midnight. My $50 is now a $100 donation.

Today is Giving Tuesday, a day dedicated to giving back to the causes we care most about. Please join me in supporting Everytown, and I’ll personally match your donation.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Dendrobates and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-11-30, 16:38

Shit. Hitting a little too close to home for a lot of you guys, especially Nordic. I mean, it shouldn't be any scarier than if it was in Oklahoma or something, but it is when it is closer to your community, or the community of people you know. That's just natural, I suppose. Either way, this is just so fucking awful that this happens, and I'm gutted for the families with loved ones killed or injured. Fuck, man.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-30, 16:42

Dendrobates wrote:https://www.wxyz.com/news/oxford-high-school-on-lockdown-due-to-active-shooting-situation-reports-of-multiple-victims

I hate this country.
I originally thought on cracking a joke about this, something about the "stand your ground" laws, but this is just too sick for that.

It is beyond my ability to understand why some part of the population cannot see how the gun culture we have in this country is causing the mass murder to continue.

Most of the gun deaths are from "hand guns" but the mass murder cases are almost always military rifle style guns.

Guns are unneeded, if there are not already guns in the hands of mad people.

Stop the madness by banning guns.

Last edited by TrapperGus on 2021-12-04, 09:47; edited 1 time in total
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-11-30, 18:03

steveschneider wrote:Just watched the news cast on this tragedy and teared up. Five minutes, 15 shots, six injured and three dead....enough is enough!

Every time I'm sickened by this insanity I give to Every Town for Gun Safety. It's the only course of action I can think of to stand up and fight this insanity. The gun lobby is too powerful in this country. They don't care about our kids, our neighbors or our communities just the bottom line. Donating $50 right now. Anyone touched by this you have my condolences.

How the heck is the gun lobby still so powerful? Haven't they been exposed as grifters on the scale of Trump? Oh, yeah, right.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-11-30, 18:28

The 15 year old shooter had a semi-automatic pistol and got off 15 shots before he was subdued and give up his weapon.  

No word on the weapon or  if he had 2 magazines or one large one.  For example a Glock 18 with full magazine can hold 20 bullets of live ammunition.

Why should a 15 year old ever have access to a pistol in the first place.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-11-30, 18:39

GRR Spartan wrote:The 15 year old shooter had a semi-automatic pistol and got off 15 shots before he was subdued and give up his weapon.  

No word on the weapon or  if he had 2 magazines or one large one.  For example a Glock 18 with full magazine can hold 20 bullets of live ammunition.

Freedom!!!
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrapperGus 2021-11-30, 18:58

GRR Spartan wrote:The 15 year old shooter had a semi-automatic pistol and got off 15 shots before he was subdued and give up his weapon.  

Quick answer in paranting failure, but we need the facts to really answer that.
TrapperGus
TrapperGus
Spartiate

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-30, 19:08

I'm sure "pro-life" America will be upset by this.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-11-30, 19:10

Are all swillers and rcmbers and their kids ok??
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-11-30, 19:21

Has the sheriff said yet how the kid got the gun into the school? He was asked earlier and said he knew how, but was holding back on that for the time being.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-11-30, 19:38

tGreenWay wrote:Has the sheriff said yet how the kid got the gun into the school? He was asked earlier and said he knew how, but was holding back on that for the time being.
they said no metal detector and only one security guard... rural upper classish schools don't have cops at every door. Anyone can walk in with anything.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-11-30, 19:42

Nordic wrote:Kid just got home. They (Lake Orion HS) were on lockdown since 1pm. She knows a lot of kids from Oxford HS as her dance studio is right across the street. Half the kids are from Oxford and half from Lake Orion. She's heard from all but one so far. They immediately cancelled dance practice for tonight.

Jesus So sorry she had to go through that. Its fucking horrifying I

Give her big hugs. Let her know there is so much good out there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-11-30, 19:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm sure "pro-life" America will be upset by this.

Fucked up hypocrisy.

Have a blessed day.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and TrapperGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-11-30, 20:00

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Has the sheriff said yet how the kid got the gun into the school? He was asked earlier and said he knew how, but was holding back on that for the time being.
they said no metal detector and only one security guard... rural upper classish schools don't have cops at every door. Anyone can walk in with anything.

Exactly.
This is a small quiet town. Some neighborhoods, some country, and cheaper but nice homes. Despite being all white, it's a quiet nice place.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-11-30, 20:11

I hope the community, the victims and families are spared the big time nut job assholes that try to paint these tragedies as false flags and the victims as 'crisis actors'. Absolute scum of the earth.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

TrapperGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-11-30, 20:26

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm sure "pro-life" America will be upset by this.

Fucked up hypocrisy.

Have a blessed day.
I hope the students didn't have to endure the trauma of having to wear a mask.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and Dendrobates like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-11-30, 20:59

You know, only barely related here, one thing that I think gets a little lost in the chaos after these events… on one hand you have the national media descending on a town. They’ve covered 30 of these situations by now, so they know exactly what to ask, what they want to know, etc. on the other you have a sheriff in Oxford Michigan who woke up this morning probably planning on the typical day of writing speeding tickets and maybe a dui if things get spicy. I’m not a fan of when people are critical of what they say and do on camera in those spots (not saying you did, just in general) when obviously the cop doesn’t know what he can or can’t say at the moment- he’s never done anything like this in his life and he’s probably off the wall nervous. Worse yet is when people are mean about how they were in front of the camera, as if they’d be able to walk out there and do any better given the circumstances.

Sorry, rant. Also this is coming from a guy that doesn’t really care for most things cops do or how they do it. But that’s a spot where I can feel for them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-11-30, 21:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Fucked up hypocrisy.

Have a blessed day.
I hope the students didn't have to endure the trauma of having to wear a mask.

I've read some comments on social media saying covid ( the trauma that it inflicted on kids) actually is to blame for this shooting. As if this shit has being going on for decades. Thoughts and prayers are not working.

#stupidcountry
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, Dendrobates and TrapperGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-30, 23:12

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I can add some clarity on this. All the schools (elementary, middle and high school) in our area have the same security measures and I'm 99% confident Oxford is the same as below. Been in the school countless times for dance recitals, sports, etc. All the schools in the area were upgraded several years ago and I would put them against any school out there. AvgJoe is right, it is a rural upperish class area, but there is a mix. The schools in this area are highly regarded and funded.

You cannot get in any of the schools in the area unless you are a student. Once school starts, all doors are locked and you need to be buzzed into the front lobby. Students, parents, etc.  Once in the lobby you need to check in with font desk support staff. You cannot get in unless you are a student. Every morning there is a deputy sheriff outside (pretty sure they are at the high schools all day) along with school staff as kids enter the building. There are no metal detectors. This seems to be a hot button question, but very few schools have metal detectors. This is not a high crime area. They run code red drills all.the time. Preparedness and security are not an issue IMO.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-11-30, 23:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

You know, only barely related here, one thing that I think gets a little lost in the chaos after these events… on one hand you have the national media descending on a town. They’ve covered 30 of these situations by now, so they know exactly what to ask, what they want to know, etc. on the other you have a sheriff in Oxford Michigan who woke up this morning probably planning on the typical day of writing speeding tickets and maybe a dui if things get spicy. I’m not a fan of when people are critical of what they say and do on camera in those spots (not saying you did, just in general) when obviously the cop doesn’t know what he can or can’t say at the moment- he’s never done anything like this in his life and he’s probably off the wall nervous. Worse yet is when people are mean about how they were in front of the camera, as if they’d be able to walk out there and do any better given the circumstances.

Sorry, rant. Also this is coming from a guy that doesn’t really care for most things cops do or how they do it. But that’s a spot where I can feel for them.

The under sheriff did a good job this afternoon and the reporters were local news. The channel 4 reporter asked most of the questions. Which were pretty fair, but pushed it with the 'why no metal detectors' inquiry. But she backed off it pretty quick. That question seems to making the rounds now.

Sheriff just spoke and also did a good job. But some dumbass reporter asked a question using one of the victims names (before they were released).  What an ass.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-01, 03:11

Kid used his dad’s new Sig 9 mm, something he just bought on Black Friday.  Sheriff Bouchard said he might be open to charging the parents if the prosecutor is on board.

One other thing caught my eye from reports: Bouchard kept saying they hadn’t heard of any credible threats, but apparently there were rumors of pending violence the day before the shooting—worrisome enough that some parents kept their kids at home Tuesday. Obviously, something was going around the school. And the way Bouchard added “credible” makes me wonder if they heard the rumors, too, but couldn’t, or didn’t, get any concrete intel.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-12-01, 06:51

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I hope the students didn't have to endure the trauma of having to wear a mask.

I've read some comments on social media saying covid ( the trauma that it inflicted on kids) actually is to blame for this shooting. As if this shit has being going on for decades. Thoughts and prayers are not working.

#stupidcountry
let me guess..

that theory is coming from people who a) have spent the last 20 months minimizing covid and b) have a patriotic, freedom-lovin' gun fetish.

I would even go so far as to guess they consider themselves "pro-life"...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-12-01, 07:11

Gave me daughter extra hugs dropping her off at school.

Even before this I thought.... I'm glad her classroom is the last one.
How fucked up is that?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay, duffy munn and TrapperGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-12-01, 07:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

#stupidcountry
let me guess..

that theory is coming from people who a) have spent the last 20 months minimizing covid and b) have a patriotic, freedom-lovin' gun fetish.

This is probably the source of it…

[tw]1465996689844711432?s=21[/tw]

Yeah, these school shootings have been a thing well before Covid and will continue to be a thing well after Covid.

Quote from the same article

“The Center for Homeland Defense and Security, which maintains a database of K-12 school shootings, has totaled 219 incidents of gunfire on school grounds this calendar year, not counting the Michigan incident.”

What a disgrace.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-12-01, 07:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

#stupidcountry
let me guess..

All of the above
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-12-01, 08:33

Murderer tried getting into a locked classroom impersonating as a sheriff. Until he used the word "bro". Then everyone jumped out the window.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/11/30/tiktok-video-shows-oxford-high-school-students-fleeing-shooter/amp/
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-12-01, 08:44

I and amazed and dismayed at the pretzel logic mental gymnastics some people including reporters and editors with are putting out in the media. I don’t do Facebook/ Backyard/Instagram because I have no tolerance for its mob mentality.

This tragedy wasn’t 1 hour old and it was reported the alleged shooter was bullied. That’s been followed by blaming public health decisions to close schools stunting social interaction as a factor.

Making it worse was the parents (and students) reporting they knew about a threat(s) through social media so their child stayed home Tuesday but it appears they never called the schools reporting the real reason their child stayed home.

If reports about how the shooter got access to the weapon and ammunition are true I hope the parents can be prosecuted or at least be defendants in civil suits brought by the families of the deceased and the survivors.

It’s a damned shame in 21st century America we are living with this deadly combination of rugged individualism and easy access to weapons.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-12-01, 09:20

Dendrobates wrote:Murderer tried getting into a locked classroom impersonating as a sheriff. Until he used the word "bro". Then everyone jumped out the window.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/11/30/tiktok-video-shows-oxford-high-school-students-fleeing-shooter/amp/

So fucked up
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next