Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nominations for poster of the year In this thread.

+12
Trapper Gus
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
Nordic
Motown Spartan
DWags
16 posters

Go down

Nominations for poster of the year In this thread.   Empty Nominations for poster of the year In this thread.

Post by DWags 2021-12-22, 20:32

Please place them here.  

Frankly for my money I’ll start with Turtle. Reason, Dude has completely picked up the ball, searched for articles, kept us informed and rarely acts like a c. Unt
Place nominations below and I’ll make a poll next week.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Cameron, MiamiSpartan, Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe, kingstonlake and Probably CF like this post

Back to top Go down

Nominations for poster of the year In this thread.   Empty Re: Nominations for poster of the year In this thread.

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-12-22, 20:36

DWags cuz he no DBag. Amirite?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Nominations for poster of the year In this thread.   Empty Re: Nominations for poster of the year In this thread.

Post by Nordic 2021-12-22, 20:52

DWags wrote:Please place them here.  

Frankly for my money I’ll start with Turtle. Reason, Dude has completely picked up the ball, searched for articles, kept us informed and rarely acts like a c. Unt
Place nominations below and I’ll make a poll next week.

Second
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-22, 21:08

Enthusiastically thirding the Turtleneck nommy. Dude’s been lighting up tSwill with Spartilicious info for months.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-12-22, 21:11

Turtleneck or Steve....
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-22, 21:15

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Turtleneck or Steve....

U must be present to Wynn.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-22, 21:29

Motown Spartan wrote:DWags cuz he no DBag. Amirite?

Look, I love DWags like he’s my own daddy, and I’d support his candidacy almost any other year. But, in a 2021 head to head, Turtleneck’s Spartan Info Service has outpaced all of us combined. And let’s be honest, has DWags even once talked about drinking coffee? Maybe he’s a tea man, which carries with it no shame, but this place has been all about the Java, and Turtleneck has excelled there, too, without making the rest of us feel like lesser coffee-educated bubbas.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-22, 21:35

Whoever started the MSU/SCum game thread.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-12-22, 21:49

Thank you, DWags.

I also think Nordic deserves to be nominated. MSU's opponents live in fear of his game threads. Internet sports message boards have never seen such awesome power before, and Nordic should be commended for his judicious use of this gift.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-12-22, 22:01

Yeah, I'm on board with Turtleneck. Not only with all of the articles, but in helping us stay focused.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-12-22, 22:08

Wait, -1 for the focus stuff... as a fan I do not have that level of intensity.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-12-22, 23:19

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Turtleneck or Steve....

Love him or hate him (and plenty of people hate him)...no one stirs the drink like steve.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-23, 04:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Wait, -1 for the focus stuff... as a fan I do not have that level of intensity.

That’s because you’re not InTenSity.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-12-23, 07:36

Yeah, I don't where Turtleneck got all the free time to do what he does (probably won the mega millions and retired), but it's much appreciated. Winner winner chicken dinner.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-12-23, 07:57

trappergus
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-23, 08:14

If turtleneck doesn’t win I’m seriously considering becoming a message board martyr

#iloveturtles
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-23, 08:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:trappergus

Is that "trappergus", TrapperGus or Trapper Gus?

"If nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve." -   William Tecumseh Sherman

Seriously, this is for poster of the year, which suggests having been actively posting on the board all year, which I have not done.

edit - thanks for the shout out, however.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-23, 08:22

BTW how about "Bob"?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-12-23, 08:25

Trapper Gus wrote:BTW how about "Bob"?

He's not worried
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-12-23, 08:31

kingstonlake wrote:If turtleneck doesn’t win I’m seriously considering becoming a message board martyr

#iloveturtles

#freudianslip
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-12-23, 08:39

I gotta go with Floyd. He's as consistent and always performing at a very high level. Very process driven and exceeding expectations. Keep choppin'!!

Turtle reminds me of Harbaugh. Always making a lot of noise but consistently underachieving. Just because he knocks it out of the park once in his career doesn't mean he should win the award for finally meeting expectations.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-12-23, 09:14

kingstonlake wrote:If turtleneck doesn’t win I’m seriously considering becoming a message board martyr

#iloveturtles

Did you not read Dwags' story about Elvis the turtle?

Clearly we love turtleneck, but let's not generalize for all turtles.  Elvis the turtle acted like a dick, and I'm still holding that grudge.  I may not have known about it until a couple of days ago, but that just means that I have a few years of grudging to make up for.

Turtleneck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elvis the turtle.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-23, 09:51

MiamiSpartan wrote:

#iloveturtles

Did you not read Dwags' story about Elvis the turtle?

Clearly we love turtleneck, but let's not generalize for all turtles.  Elvis the turtle acted like a dick, and I'm still holding that grudge.  I may not have known about it until a couple of days ago, but that just means that I have a few years of grudging to make up for.

Turtleneck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elvis the turtle.

This is dangerously close to “they all look the same”. Razz
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-23, 10:11

You’ve obviously never seen DWags lose big at one of tSwill’s cribbage games, which he does, every single week.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-23, 10:16

tGreenWay wrote:

You’ve obviously never seen DWags lose big at one of tSwill’s cribbage games, which he does, every single week.

You guys play cribbage? My friend's grandfather played that when I was young, always think of it as an old man's game.

Eucher is the way to go.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-12-23, 10:30

Turtleneck is a microwave-less freak and possibly an alien and/or robot trying to pass itself off as one of us, but his link game is strong, and for that reason, I support his nomination as tSwill Poster of the Year for 2021.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-23, 10:59

Trapper Gus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You guys play cribbage? My friend's grandfather played that when I was young, always think of it as an old man's game.

Eucher is the way to go.

You’ve answered your own question. And games end pretty quickly once DWags starts raging. Scatters the board, pegs flying everywhere. He starts barking at us in his coach’s voice. It’s trippy.
So to calm him down, we switch games to strip poker. It relaxes him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-12-23, 11:34

Trapper Gus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Eucher is the way to go.

15-2. 15-4 and a pair are 6
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2021-12-23, 11:38

Which year?

For 1976 I'm going with this one:

Nominations for poster of the year In this thread.   Farrah-fawcett-photofest-487x700jpg
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-23, 12:17

DWags wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Eucher is the way to go.

15-2. 15-4 and a pair are 6

Double run for 10 and 15 4 times for 18.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-12-23, 15:06

Cameron wrote:Turtleneck is a microwave-less freak and possibly an alien and/or robot trying to pass itself off as one of us, but his link game is strong, and for that reason, I support his nomination as tSwill Poster of the Year for 2021.

A worthy nominee for sure.

But...you've been voting steve all year. Only fair that he gets your vote for this award.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-12-23, 20:37

Motown Spartan wrote:I gotta go with Floyd. He's as consistent and always performing at a very high level. Very process driven and exceeding expectations. Keep choppin'!!

Turtle reminds me of Harbaugh. Always making a lot of noise but consistently underachieving. Just because he knocks it out of the park once in his career doesn't mean he should win the award for finally meeting expectations.

Floyd is a first ballot tSwill HOFer. Steady. Consistent. T-neck got us to 10-2.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-12-24, 09:41

I just learned how to play cribbage. Fun game.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-24, 12:18

Two handed is best, 3 & 4 handed dilutes control of the crib too much
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2021-12-24, 17:19

I unironically nominate myself. I went through a lot of pain and growth this year
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-12-24, 17:34

Bill Cain wrote:I unironically nominate myself. I went through a lot of pain and growth this year

You were better as gHost.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-24, 17:48

That’s right, Hatch, Motown just said Bill is actually gHost. If you want to refute that, sign your ass in and start posting. It will be a Swill Christmas miracle!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, MiamiSpartan, Other Teams Pursuing That, Motown Spartan and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down