Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republicans talking about secession

5 posters

Go down

Republicans talking about secession Empty Republicans talking about secession

Post by PennSpartan Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:04 pm

What do you think? I wouldn’t miss Texas, but I do enjoy Grapefruit League baseball in Florida. Trump could be President of the CSA.
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/republicans-secession-ted-cruz-mtg-democrat-states-b1993342.html
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Republicans talking about secession Empty Re: Republicans talking about secession

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:14 pm

PennSpartan wrote:What do you think?  I wouldn’t miss Texas, but I do enjoy Grapefruit League baseball in Florida.  Trump could be President of the CSA.  
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/republicans-secession-ted-cruz-mtg-democrat-states-b1993342.html

They are nuts.

First problem is that most of the Blue States are the ones that pay the bills for the Red States which are going to be in a world of hurt without all the federal dollars pouring into those States.

And news flash, if you decide to leave the United States you don't get to keep property of the United States just because it is in your State, unless your new country is going to socialize all the property of a now foreign country.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Republicans talking about secession Empty Re: Republicans talking about secession

Post by PennSpartan Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:25 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:What do you think?  I wouldn’t miss Texas, but I do enjoy Grapefruit League baseball in Florida.  Trump could be President of the CSA.  

They are nuts.

First problem is that most of the Blue States are the ones that pay the bills for the Red States which are going to be in a world of hurt without all the federal dollars pouring into those States.

And news flash, if you decide to leave the United States you don't get to keep property of the United States just because it is in your State, unless your new country is going to socialize all the property of a now foreign country.
I’d like to see the proposed border. Trump would have a lot of walls to build.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:44 pm

Fuck em. Let them go.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:13 pm

DWags wrote:Fuck em. Let them go.

the people, maybe, the land areas, no.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:42 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
DWags wrote:Fuck em. Let them go.

They can have Texas, Alabama, Kansas, Nebraska, and several others.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:29 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Shortsighted ...

One of the reasons we are a world power is that we have ports on the two major oceans and a bunch of other places.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:46 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Shortsighted ...

One of the reasons we are a world power is that we have ports on the two major oceans and a bunch of other places.
We have ports all over the world. And nukes don’t need water. The south is a drain on taxes. Dump them.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:48 am

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Shortsighted ...

We have ports all over the world.  And nukes don’t need water.   The south is a drain on taxes.  Dump them.  

The whole is bigger than the parts.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:26 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
We have ports all over the world.  And nukes don’t need water.   The south is a drain on taxes.  Dump them.  

The whole is bigger than the parts.
If someone doesn’t want to be here, I say let them go. Sometimes a divorce is better than constant fighting.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:33 am

The basic definition of self-government is constant fighting.

Only an authoritarian government is "peaceful".
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:17 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:The basic definition of self-government is constant fighting.

Only an authoritarian government is "peaceful".
You’re free to live with them when they separate. I’ll stay with the Libs. Republicans talking about secession 969504605
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:02 pm

[tw]1482733673619230726?t=fx2wGCSvcedy6SqoTQVVmg&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:24 pm

White Republicans are moving quickly to return to Jim Crow style laws to limit voting, really limiting democracy because they know census data.

According to the US Census 2045 white Americans will make up 49.7% of the population.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2018/03/14/the-us-will-become-minority-white-in-2045-census-projects/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:42 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:White Republicans are moving quickly to return to Jim Crow style laws to limit voting, really limiting democracy because they know census data.

According to the US Census 2045 white Americans will make up 49.7% of the population.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2018/03/14/the-us-will-become-minority-white-in-2045-census-projects/

Sad thing is that with their myopic focus of skin color they don't realieze that Hispanics are mostly Catholic and are very conservative on abortion ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:11 pm

I would like to see Texas job and economic data if they wanted to leave.

From the top they would lose the civilian jobs and overall economic impact of the 15 Military bases.

They would lose all Federal monies for K-12 and higher Ed.

Lose NASA and departments like the FDA, Homeland Security would set up in Oklahoma to keep the border between Free Texas state and the US secure.

Sort of like the Yuppers wanting their own state. Take away MTU, NMU and it’s mostly retirees and a lot of folks on Social Security disability.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:38 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:I would like to see Texas job and economic data if they wanted to leave.

From the top they would lose the civilian jobs and overall economic impact of the 15 Military bases.

They would lose all Federal monies for K-12 and higher Ed.

Lose NASA and departments like the FDA, Homeland Security would set up in Oklahoma to keep the border between Free Texas state and the US secure.

Sort of like the Yuppers wanting their own state. Take away MTU, NMU and it’s mostly retirees and a lot of folks on Social Security disability.
According to Ted Cruz, they’re going to take all those government facilities and jobs with them.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:20 am

Ted Cruz has gone total Tucker Carlson. Talking out of his ass for his base.

Say anything for effect and some folks will believe it.

They can have the facilities but personnel and equipment assigned will go elsewhere. Elsewhere being the dozens of states in line for all those military and civilian payroll checks.

PS
I forgot about all the Federal jobs in the IRS and Social Security offices in the state.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and PennSpartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:03 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Ted Cruz has gone total Tucker Carlson. Talking out of his ass for his base.

They can have the facilities but personnel and equipment assigned will go elsewhere. Elsewhere being the dozens of states in line for all those military and civilian payroll checks.

PS
I forgot about all the Federal jobs in the IRS and Social Security offices in the state.
If Ted doesn’t like America he should go back to Canada where he was born.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:53 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Ted Cruz has gone total Tucker Carlson.  Talking out of his ass for his base.

They can have the facilities but personnel and equipment assigned will go elsewhere.  Elsewhere being the dozens of states in line for all those military and civilian payroll checks.

PS

Why should he do that when he can lie about what is going on and people will send him millions and millions of US dollars?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:35 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Why should he do that when he can lie about what is going on and people will send him millions and millions of US dollars?
You’re the one who wants him to stay in the US. Republicans talking about secession 2599972566
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:01 pm

I value diversity, which he helps provide ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:03 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:I value diversity, which he helps provide ...
I value Democracy, which he does not.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:07 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:I value diversity, which he helps provide ...
I value Democracy, which he does not.

A diverse viewpoint, to be sure.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down