Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's been quiet lately

+9
tGreenWay
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
Trapper Gus
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
AvgMSUJoe
Dendrobates
13 posters

Go down

It's been quiet lately Empty It's been quiet lately

Post by Dendrobates 2022-03-02, 09:45

So you all have lives now all of a sudden?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

It's been quiet lately Empty Re: It's been quiet lately

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-03-02, 09:57

psh, no life....

stupid employer expects me to work occasionally.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-02, 10:00

Dendrobates wrote:So you all have lives now all of a sudden?
I have never had a life and it's my goal to make sure it stays that way.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-03-02, 10:03

I've been very busy TBH. I told my boss I need to take Thursday off and just kind of check out for the day. I was supposed to take 2 days off a couple of weeks ago, and although I still travelled, I was working most of the time. It was over my birthday as well, so I just feel like I've basically been working non-stop for a few weeks. Even if it isn't work, it is running the kids all over the place, because my wife works a lot of weekend shifts.
I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel and waiting for the cabinet company to let me know when the cabinets are going to be ready for installation. We've been without a kitchen for about a month now. Not too bad though as we still have ways of cooking, but I am getting tired of eating the same thing over, and eating out is expensive.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-03-02, 10:04

Trying to make up for lack of regulars on here, but I'm defiantly from the practice squad.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-03-02, 10:09

InTenSity wrote:I've been very busy TBH. I told my boss I need to take Thursday off and just kind of check out for the day. I was supposed to take 2 days off a couple of weeks ago, and although I still travelled, I was working most of the time. It was over my birthday as well, so I just feel like I've basically been working non-stop for a few weeks. Even if it isn't work, it is running the kids all over the place, because my wife works a lot of weekend shifts.
I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel and waiting for the cabinet company to let me know when the cabinets are going to be ready for installation. We've been without a kitchen for about a month now. Not too bad though as we still have ways of cooking, but I am getting tired of eating the same thing over, and eating out is expensive.

I did our kitchen once. Had to rewire it as it as the wiring was done in the 1930's. Also moved where the sink was, so plumbing, replacing galvanized with copper and cast iron with PVC all the way back to the meter & floor fitting. It took about 6 months all told, cooking on hot plates and countertop ovens, washing dishes in the bathtub. The SO hasn't asked for a new kitchen since then.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-03-02, 10:25

Trapper Gus wrote:
InTenSity wrote:I've been very busy TBH. I told my boss I need to take Thursday off and just kind of check out for the day. I was supposed to take 2 days off a couple of weeks ago, and although I still travelled, I was working most of the time. It was over my birthday as well, so I just feel like I've basically been working non-stop for a few weeks. Even if it isn't work, it is running the kids all over the place, because my wife works a lot of weekend shifts.

I did our kitchen once. Had to rewire it as it as the wiring was done in the 1930's. Also moved where the sink was, so plumbing, replacing galvanized with copper and cast iron with PVC all the way back to the meter & floor fitting. It took about 6 months all told, cooking on hot plates and countertop ovens, washing dishes in the bathtub. The SO hasn't asked for a new kitchen since then.
That's quite the undertaking. No way I would do it myself. The contractors I hired are good and know a lot better than me what to do. I would be too worried about fucking something up.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-03-02, 10:52

It doesn't sound like you need a day off, you need a whole week off to just unwind. Of course, it's still hard to unwind when you're carting kids everywhere.

Trapper Gus wrote:

I did our kitchen once.  Had to rewire it as it as the wiring was done in the 1930's.  Also moved where the sink was, so plumbing, replacing galvanized with copper and cast iron with PVC all the way back to the meter & floor fitting.  It took about 6 months all told, cooking on hot plates and countertop ovens, washing dishes in the bathtub.  The SO hasn't asked for a new kitchen since then.

Holy crap, that's serious business. I wouldn't have the patience waiting for that. It's quite impressive you can do that stuff though.

When I was a teenager, my dad renovated our only bathroom. As with all very old houses, nothing goes as planned and it took longer than usual. We did have 3 weeks where we had no toilet. We pissed and shit in a bucket in the backyard just against our woods. It was early spring with snow on the ground. It really sucked.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-03-02, 10:55

I put in a new smoke/CO alarm yesterday.

Same model, so just twisted it into the existing base. (Pro tip)

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-03-02, 11:07

Just got home from Jackson hole Wyoming
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-02, 11:11

I scrubbed the walls of our shower on Monday.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-03-02, 11:20

Dendrobates wrote:So you all have lives now all of a sudden?

Live? Sure. Exciting lives? Not this guy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-03-02, 11:50

InTenSity wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I did our kitchen once.  Had to rewire it as it as the wiring was done in the 1930's.  Also moved where the sink was, so plumbing, replacing galvanized with copper and cast iron with PVC all the way back to the meter & floor fitting.  It took about 6 months all told, cooking on hot plates and countertop ovens, washing dishes in the bathtub.  The SO hasn't asked for a new kitchen since then.
That's quite the undertaking. No way I would do it myself. The contractors I hired are good and know a lot better than me what to do. I would be too worried about fucking something up.

There were a few things I felt I could have done a better job on, but it turned out alright.  The only thing I didn't do myself was the laying of the vinal flooring.  There were just too many cuts around narrow areas for me to feel confident trying to do that.  I ripped up the old floor and installed the underlayment, though.

To Dendrobates comment about surprises - absolutely.  Everything in an older house remodeling, especially if there is plumbing involved, has unwelcome surprises, which require modifications to the starting plan, or repairs that were not expected.  (I have a toilet to replace in my 100-plus year old house which I have been avoiding because of that)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-02, 14:13

Keeping a low profile while trying to elude Johnny Law.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-03-03, 07:36

I'm on vacation until next week.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-03-03, 07:49

Was supposed to go to Roscommon with my boss this morning. Was up most of the night with the runs. Figured that wouldn't be good on the road most of the day so taking PTO. Watching Scrubs in between trips to the can.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-03-03, 09:03

The Pantry wrote:Was supposed to go to Roscommon with my boss this morning. Was up most of the night with the runs. Figured that wouldn't be good on the road most of the day so taking PTO. Watching Scrubs in between trips to the can.

My stomach virus lasted a whole week. Good luck, hopefully it's just a day thing. I could not be far from a toilet.
Worst part was the pain/bloat/cramping. Even water made it worse. It was such a different bug. After weighing the same the past 4 days, I found out I legit lost 6 pounds from it.
So some pros to that!
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-03-03, 09:04

Btw...love me some scrubs
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2022-03-03, 11:50

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Was supposed to go to Roscommon with my boss this morning. Was up most of the night with the runs. Figured that wouldn't be good on the road most of the day so taking PTO. Watching Scrubs in between trips to the can.

My stomach virus lasted a whole week. Good luck, hopefully it's just a day thing. I could not be far from a toilet.
Worst part was the pain/bloat/cramping. Even water made it worse. It was such a different bug. After weighing the same the past 4 days, I found out I legit lost 6 pounds from it.
So some pros to that!
Is Norovirus going around?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-03-03, 12:11

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

So some pros to that!
Is Norovirus going around?

Something like that. But noro virus is quick. This one is not.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-10-10, 14:08

So what is it, are you all off for Indigenous/Columbus day? Saturday's game can't really have you down, so I know you're not skipping Spartan Swill Monday just for that.

[tw]1579532539789602817[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-10, 14:10

I’m off for the federal holiday floyd. Golfing right now.

I would prefer they rename this federal holiday, as long as they don’t get rid of it. We need more federal holidays. One every two weeks sounds right to me.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-10, 14:41

Fuck Columbus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-10-10, 14:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck Columbus

He was just doing his job, man.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-10, 15:30

I got warrants, man, I can’t be showing up somewhere on the regular.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-10-10, 15:41

But to answer your question, Floyd: It wasn’t the OSU loss that got me down. It was the loss at Minny. It wasn’t even the loss itself; it was the way in which our guys played, especially our DBs. That was the low point for me this year. They were lost and then it seemed a few gave up.
The last and only time I had ever been that disgusted and deflated was after we lost to Northwestern in 1982, Muddy’s last year. In fact, iirc, it was that game that did Muddy in.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down