Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will be hired to replace Dwayne Stephens?

+9
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
duffy munn
Nordic
Motown Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
13 posters

Go down

Who will be hired to replace Dwayne Stephens? Empty Who will be hired to replace Dwayne Stephens?

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-04, 19:53

Please speculate.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Who will be hired to replace Dwayne Stephens? Empty Re: Who will be hired to replace Dwayne Stephens?

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-04-04, 19:55

Would valentine come back?

Probably internal.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Who will be hired to replace Dwayne Stephens? Empty Re: Who will be hired to replace Dwayne Stephens?

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-04-04, 20:00

Gus Ganakas
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-04, 20:02

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Would valentine come back?

Probably internal.

I thought of him first. But unless he’s named HC in waiting, I can’t see him leaving a good gig while getting more HCing experience. I don’t know enough about DV to have an opinion about whether or not he’s qualified.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-04, 20:04

Motown Spartan wrote:Gus Ganakas

We’d really only need Gus’ head and an extra long extension cord to keep his cryogenic chamber operating.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-04-04, 20:30

Psycho Quaid time

Who will be hired to replace Dwayne Stephens? Https%3A%2F%2Fspartanavenue.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2017%2F07%2F12489525-850x560
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-04-04, 20:34

tGreenWay wrote:

Probably internal.

I thought of him first. But unless he’s named HC in waiting, I can’t see him leaving a good gig while getting more HCing experience. I don’t know enough about DV to have an opinion about whether or not he’s qualified.

I think Drew is making north of a million at Loyola. The only way he comes here is if he's coach in waiting
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-04, 22:08

Probably internal.

As an assistant?

No
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-04-04, 22:16

Izzo quote from today's LSJ written by Couch.

Think it shows Izzo realizes his style of recruiting is going to undergo some modifications and he needs an assistant with a different skill set.

“I don’t know (who) right now. And everybody will give names. Put it this way, I’ve got some guys that I'd think about, but no one who really ... I want to talk to some people. I'm going to talk to some people. I’m going to talk to some coaches. But I think it's someone that's got to have an understanding of this new world that we're in as far as the transfer portal and NIL, and relationships with kids is going to be probably more important than ever right now. And so I want someone that's going to spend a lot of time with my guys, a lot of time.”
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-04-04, 22:42

Who will be hired to replace Dwayne Stephens? 4c294610
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

duffy munn and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-04-04, 22:56

They are saying Edwina Franklin on a couple of the other boards. That would be a major story if true.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-04, 23:42

OTPT. Smartest man in the room. Always.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-04, 23:58

Turtleneck wrote:They are saying Edwina Franklin on a couple of the other boards. That would be a major story if true.

Edwina Franklin is a heck of a financial advisor. That should really help with NIL advice.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-05, 00:04

DWags wrote:OTPT. Smartest man in the room. Always.

And he’ll keep players humble by kicking their tails in HORSE.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-04-05, 00:25

kingstonlake wrote:Who will be hired to replace Dwayne Stephens? 4c294610

Let's start buying some tractors
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-05, 10:45

My top three candidates:

•Eduardo Corocio
•Bobby Pinkus
•Burt Harbinson

What I like best about these three is you’ll never see them. They’ll be out getting the work done. If they’re doing their jobs well, you’ll never know what they look like.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-04-05, 11:03

Turtleneck wrote:They are saying Edwina Franklin on a couple of the other boards. That would be a major story if true.

I don't know who Edwina Franklin is but I wouldn't dismiss the idea of somebody like Lauren Jackson, Yolanda Griffith, or Tina Thompson or any one of a number of women coaches.

NOT as a stunt.

We are talking about someone who can teach technique to players and contribute strategy and psychology to the players and staff. I might not have the right names but I am sure that there is plenty of untapped coaching skill and potential among the women's ranks and someone like that who is otherwise overlooked could be stolen.

I would have said Dawn Staley but she makes a hell of a lot of money probably has the best gig she could ever ask for.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-04-05, 11:10

tGreenWay wrote:My top three candidates:

•Eduardo Corocio
•Bobby Pinkus
•Burt Harbinson

What I like best about these three is you’ll never see them. They’ll be out getting the work done. If they’re doing their jobs well, you’ll never know what they look like.

Maybe Bob can get them to interview.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-05, 11:50

Rick Saunders wrote:

•Eduardo Corocio
•Bobby Pinkus
•Burt Harbinson

Maybe Bob can get them to interview.

Bob is probably the one person who can relate to them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-05, 11:51

Rick Saunders wrote:

I don't know who Edwina Franklin is but I wouldn't dismiss the idea of somebody like Lauren Jackson, Yolanda Griffith, or Tina Thompson or any one of a number of women coaches.

NOT as a stunt.

We are talking about someone who can teach technique to players and contribute strategy and psychology to the players and staff. I might not have the right names but I am sure that there is plenty of untapped coaching skill and potential among the women's ranks and someone like that who is otherwise overlooked could be stolen.

I would have said Dawn Staley but she makes a hell of a lot of money probably has the best gig she could ever ask for.

Hire the best available, regardless of anything else. Unless they’re a sleestak. Or Turtleneck. Both creep me out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-04-05, 11:54

•Eduardo Corocio
•Bobby Pinkus
•Burt Harbinson

What about Ray McKigney?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-04-05, 11:55

tGreenWay wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:

NOT as a stunt.

Hire the best available, regardless of anything else. Unless they’re a sleestak. Or Turtleneck. Both creep me out.

I wouldn't dismiss the thought of a sleestack if they'd wear a turtleneck... and khakis. That'd be a lot less creepy then and super motivating.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-05, 11:59

Motown Spartan wrote:

•Eduardo Corocio
•Bobby Pinkus
•Burt Harbinson

What about Ray McKigney?

He’d never have the time. Ray is busy with a personal matter; something he’s been doing for 20+ years now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-05, 12:01

Rick Saunders wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I wouldn't dismiss the thought of a sleestack if they'd wear a turtleneck... and khakis. That'd be a lot less creepy then and super motivating.

Maybe, but sleestaks go into stasis too often. That’s too much down time for an Izzo-led program.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-04-05, 13:38

d wags talking about me again and i don't even have to pay rent! cheers
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-05, 13:43

Only because I love you and know you don’t care in the least bit when posters poke fun of other members.  Oh, and I also think you’d be great for the program.  

:Who will be hired to replace Dwayne Stephens? 969504605

And I e been pretty drunk the last three days.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-04-05, 13:48

I'm currently at the Berkowitz Complex advocating for this guy..

Who will be hired to replace Dwayne Stephens? 354397768-Hoosiers

his knowledge of NIL is unsurpassed in these parts.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-06, 20:49

Nolan Smith is leaving Duke to become Kenny Payne’s AHC at Louisville. That guy is an elite recruiter. Let’s put up fake highway signs so when he’s moving to UL he actually ends up in EL. Then we’ll sign him to a most excellent contract for MSUMBB.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-06, 23:52

Okay, we need a bunch of large, blank, thick aluminum signs, and green and white exterior paint. Also, nuts, bolts, a post hole digger, and as many 12-foot steel sign posts as we can fit in I.B.’s minivan. Oh, yeah; those posts need to be pre-drilled.
I want Nolan Smith.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down