Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.

+11
Jake from State Farm
GreenMonster
Stugots
Travis of the Cosmos
Rodeo Burger
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
beal99
InTenSity
Heat Miser
Nommad2
15 posters

Go down

Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  Empty Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.

Post by Nommad2 2014-08-01, 10:49

Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538  Doesn't this seem like a really BAD idea??

http://news.yahoo.com/ebola-patient-coming-u-aid-workers-health-worsens-010039625.html
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  Empty Re: Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.

Post by Heat Miser 2014-08-01, 10:52

Doomsdayer Red Alert! This is how the government is going to cull the herd! Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 

The poor and/or brown people are in biiiiiggggg trouble.

Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  983955289 
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  Empty Re: Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-01, 10:56

Good thing I stocked up on the BOGO of Del Monte canned veggies. I have 8 cans right now, that's good for 3 months, right?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-08-01, 10:57

I just re-read the Stand, loving this. LOVING THIS.
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-01, 11:14

I tried to tell everyone that this is what would happen when we elect a muslim community organizer from Kenya..

thanks Obama!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-01, 11:27

Between this and the deadly virus created by Bo Ryan in a UW-M lab, we are so gone.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-01, 12:00

Big Pharma already has the cure. They just need a few million (white American) people to die before everyone is clamoring for the vaccine.

Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-08-01, 12:03

Rodeo Burger wrote:Big Pharma already has the cure.  They just need a few million (white American) people to die before everyone is clamoring for the vaccine.

Wait...what!?!?! I assumed exposure would be limited to the "undesirables" on "the other side of the tracks".  scratch

Or are you referring to downriver Walvie trailer park white trash types? Cuz I'd be fine with that. Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  328670334 
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-08-01, 12:07

Rodeo Burger wrote:Big Pharma already has the cure.  They just need a few million (white American) people to die before everyone is clamoring for the vaccine.

A few million? 6. It will take 6.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-01, 12:09

Heat Miser wrote:

Wait...what!?!?! I assumed exposure would be limited to the "undesirables" on "the other side of the tracks".  scratch

Or are you referring to downriver Walvie trailer park white trash types? Cuz I'd be fine with that. Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  328670334 

Don't worry, Obamacare won't cover the vaccine.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-01, 12:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

You make it sound like you have a list.  Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  502811600 

Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-01, 12:13

Rodeo Burger wrote:

Don't worry, Obamacare won't cover the vaccine.  
Neither will private insurance, they will consider it an elective and deny coverage.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-08-01, 12:17

Rodeo Burger wrote:

You make it sound like you have a list.  Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  502811600 

I suggest you start trying to get on my good side.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stugots 2014-08-01, 12:22

Scrap the program.
Stugots
Stugots
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stugots 2014-08-01, 12:37

I just read something that's kinda shocking to me:

"The reason the risk is so small for the American public is that individuals who have Ebola only become contagious when they begin to show symptoms of the disease -- and then can only transfer it via bodily fluids such as blood, vomit, and urine.

It does not spread through casual contact or by sharing the same air that an infected person is breathing.

Thus if a person in America began to show symptoms, they would be quarantined immediately and anyone with whom they had close personal contact with would be monitored closely for any signs that they had become infected."

From: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-patients-coming-us-safe/story?id=24804000

How is this disease so virulent if it can only be transferred through blood, vomit, and urine? My guess would be that conditions in much of Africa are much less sanitary than they are here in the U.S. Much of the continent still uses out houses and pits. Their drinking water is much more easily contaminated than it is in industrialized nations.

Any microbiologists in da house?
Stugots
Stugots
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-08-01, 13:24

From what I've seen in the office bathroom here, people are still very effective at "spreading fluids" all over the goddamn place.  Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1401550746 
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenMonster 2014-08-02, 22:26

I'm too busy still hiding in my basement shelter from the H1N1 swine flu pandemic to be concerned with this shit! By the way, anyone know the shelf life on bottle water? Got a few pallets left from Y2K.
GreenMonster
GreenMonster
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-08-04, 10:25

I overestimated. Looks like the answer was, what? 2? And they weren't even in the US.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/index.html?c=homepage-t
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-04, 10:28

GreenMonster wrote:I'm too busy still hiding in my basement shelter from the H1N1 swine flu pandemic to be concerned with this shit!  By the way, anyone know the shelf life on bottle water?  Got a few pallets left from Y2K.

That stuff goes bad real fast unless you add a stablizer. Alcohol usually works pretty well.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-04, 10:46

Docs get secret serum.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-08-04, 10:51

Jake from State Farm wrote:Docs get secret serum.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Stop copying my posts.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-08-04, 11:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I tried to tell everyone that this is what would happen when we elect a muslim community organizer from Kenya..

thanks Obama!!  

You're ok though BobS.   I've laid in 3 cases of Spaghetti-O's and you're welcome to join us in the bunker.   We need a few liberals to survive when the epidemic hits the cities.  Just bring your bike so we'll have a courier once the gas runs out.

Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538 Beginning of the end? Ebola patients coming to U.S.  1550444538
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-04, 11:07

Stop copying my posts.

The little file thingie on the left sent me right past your post. Maybe next time you can send me a pm when you post so I don't miss it.  tongue 
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Alpamayo 2014-08-04, 13:57

Stugots wrote:I just read something that's kinda shocking to me:

"The reason the risk is so small for the American public is that individuals who have Ebola only become contagious when they begin to show symptoms of the disease -- and then can only transfer it via bodily fluids such as blood, vomit, and urine.

It does not spread through casual contact or by sharing the same air that an infected person is breathing.

Thus if a person in America began to show symptoms, they would be quarantined immediately and anyone with whom they had close personal contact with would be monitored closely for any signs that they had become infected."

From: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-patients-coming-us-safe/story?id=24804000

How is this disease so virulent if it can only be transferred through blood, vomit, and urine? My guess would be that conditions in much of Africa are much less sanitary than they are here in the U.S. Much of the continent still uses out houses and pits. Their drinking water is much more easily contaminated than it is in industrialized nations.

Any microbiologists in da house?

You are correct - per this article, it isn't very virulent...at all. It's media fiction. Sigh. (The death seems absolutely terrible, though.)

http://www.randomhouse.ca/hazlitt/feature/natures-most-perfect-killing-machine
Johnny Alpamayo
Johnny Alpamayo
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime 2014-08-04, 23:43

Didn't read. But I thought I read somewhere that the total deaths from Ebola, in the history of Ebola is like 350 ? :/.

Measles whack like 10-12k / yr

Guess I don't have an Ebola vaccination .... But if it's in the hundreds- that's a D3 threat.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-08-04, 23:44

DroppedByADime wrote:Didn't read.    But I thought I read somewhere that the total deaths from Ebola, in the history of Ebola is like 350 ?    :/.

Guess I don't have an Ebola vaccination .... But if it's in the hundreds- that's a D3 threat.    
More like 2,000. But, yeah.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-08-05, 00:23

DroppedByADime wrote:Didn't read.    But I thought I read somewhere that the total deaths from Ebola, in the history of Ebola is like 350 ?    :/.

It's only going to get health care professionals so you're good. We have a surplus of doctors anyways.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-05, 00:45

More like 2,000. But, yeah.

Yeah, but close to 900 have happened this year.

I'm not worried about the 2 infected Americans they are bringing to Emory. The dozens that have entered the US from the infected countries lately is more concerning, considering that if they've caught dozens, hundreds or thousands are actually getting in.

But the border issue is a non-starter for political reasons (assuming you're brand of politics relies on destitute, uneducated people to get elected).
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stugots 2014-08-05, 11:44

Rodeo Burger wrote:

Yeah, but close to 900 have happened this year.  

I'm not worried about the 2 infected Americans they are bringing to Emory.  The dozens that have entered the US from the infected countries lately is more concerning, considering that if they've caught dozens, hundreds or thousands are actually getting in.

But the border issue is a non-starter for political reasons (assuming you're brand of politics relies on destitute, uneducated people to get elected).

But given that we have proper sanitation in this country and the fact that we don't eat infected bush meat, I wouldn't consider this to be a very big threat. This isn't an airborne virus so it's actually fairly difficult to contract (unless you're improperly in contact with infected blood, urine, vomit). It's all media hype.
Stugots
Stugots
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-08-05, 12:02

Stugots wrote:

But given that we have proper sanitation in this country and the fact that we don't eat infected bush meat, I wouldn't consider this to be a very big threat. This isn't an airborne virus so it's actually fairly difficult to contract (unless you're improperly in contact with infected blood, urine, vomit). It's all media hype.
You missed the point.... It's all Obama's fault.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-08-05, 13:50

In an apparent attempt to avoid hysteria, U.S. health authorities are withholding details about a number of suspected Ebola victims from the public.

During a segment concerning the admission of a potential Ebola victim at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta revealed that there have been at least six cases at the hospital which prompted doctors to test for Ebola but that the details were not divulged publicly.

“There have been about a half a dozen patients who have had their blood tested because of concern, those particular patients their stories were not made public,” said Gupta, adding, “I’m not sure if that’s because of heightened concern by the hospital or what that means exactly.”

Gupta also appeared to suggest that patients being tested for the Ebola virus were not being kept in isolation when he stated, “This isn’t the kind of thing that they worry about spreading to other patients in the hospital, spreading to people who are walking around the hospital. This is not an airborne virus.”

However, at least in the case of the patient who was made public yesterday, hospital officials said the individual was immediately put into isolation as a precaution.

As we reported yesterday, despite health authorities downplaying the likelihood of Ebola going airborne, studies by Canadian scientists suggest that this is in fact likely, at least to a limited degree.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-05, 13:58

This is how the zombie apocalypse starts, isn't it?

CDC Preparedness
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-08-05, 14:21

Starting to see a bunch of my OCD friends freak out about ebola on FB. I couldn't even watch the news the last couple of nights, the fear mongering is out of control.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down