Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas executes oldest death row inmate. Christians rejoice.

+5
Robert J Sakimano
RQA
NumbersDude
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
9 posters

Go down

Texas executes oldest  death row inmate. Christians rejoice.   Empty Texas executes oldest death row inmate. Christians rejoice.

Post by DWags 2022-04-21, 21:08

God must be happy today

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2022-04-21/oldest-texas-death-row-inmate-faces-execution-in-cops-death?context=amp
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Texas executes oldest  death row inmate. Christians rejoice.   Empty Re: Texas executes oldest death row inmate. Christians rejoice.

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-04-21, 21:16

Choose life.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Texas executes oldest  death row inmate. Christians rejoice.   Empty Re: Texas executes oldest death row inmate. Christians rejoice.

Post by DWags 2022-04-21, 21:20

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Choose life.

But what if the person has brown skin and has killed a police officer? Wouldn’t God be happier if we killed him?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-04-21, 21:25

Hypocrites (ie Merican right wingers) would say yes.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-21, 22:08

DWags wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Choose life.

But what if the person has brown skin and has killed a police officer? Wouldn’t God be happier if we killed him?

The police officer he killed was white. The murderer was white. Why bring race into this, unless you are following the steps of the race baiting media.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Bredo Morstoel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-04-22, 09:04

NumbersDude wrote:
DWags wrote:

The police officer he killed was white. The murderer was white. Why bring race into this, unless you are following the steps of the race baiting media.

Read the link. White guy killed a police officer with a young family in cold blood. Generally I am against the death penalty but in this case justice was served.

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-22, 09:10

RQA wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

Read the link. White guy killed a police officer with a young family in cold blood. Generally I am against the death penalty but in this case justice was served.

I did read it. The killer had a long criminal history and was determined to kill a cop. Shot him in the face. Not sure why religion was brought up by some here, it appears that many posters here take jabs at christians for some reason - is it the popular thing for libs now?
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-04-22, 09:19

the party that celebrates the 'sanctity of life' and small government just participated in a government-sponsored premeditated murder of an American citizen.

'christianity'. Texas executes oldest  death row inmate. Christians rejoice.   502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-04-22, 09:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:the party that celebrates the 'sanctity of life' and small government just participated in a government-sponsored premeditated murder of an American citizen.

'christianity'. Texas executes oldest  death row inmate. Christians rejoice.   502811600

I will give the Pope credit for being against the death penalty.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-04-22, 09:38

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the party that celebrates the 'sanctity of life' and small government just participated in a government-sponsored premeditated murder of an American citizen.

he's just some woke, virtue signaling cross-dresser.

sincerely,

GOP
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-22, 09:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

he's just some woke, virtue signaling cross-dresser.

sincerely,

GOP

Keep abortion legal. This person self aborted. Allu Akbar!
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-04-22, 11:01

NumbersDude wrote:
DWags wrote:

I don’t know why we’re talking about race either but then again I know nothing about this case.

I’m just curious though- based on what you’ve said in other threads there is no way you support the death penalty, correct?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-22, 12:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
NumbersDude wrote:

I don’t know why we’re talking about race either but then again I know nothing about this case.

I’m just curious though- based on what you’ve said in other threads there is no way you support the death penalty, correct?

This falls along the lines of states rights. In this case in particular he committed murder- totally intentionally.
He earned it. The view I have which is not a popular one:
The decision should be left in the hands of the deceased’s family. As they are most effected by it. Courts find the offender guilty and set the sentencing options and the next of kind get to decide how to carry it out.
This man in particular was a career criminal and had many chances, those chances allowed him to brutally take the life of an innocent person.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-04-22, 12:44

The deceaseds family opinion is absurd, that’s why they would be automatically eliminated from a jury pool in the first place. I’m not even going to address that because it’s that stupid of an idea. Sorry.

Really what I’m more interested in is how you square the circle of not trusting the government but sanctioning the governments right to murder citizens. That doesn’t make sense.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-04-22, 13:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote: but sanctioning the governments right to murder citizens.

This why serious discourse is so difficult. One might agree with capital punishment. One might disagree with capital punishment. I have stated here that I am, generally, against capital punishment.

All deaths are not murder. A few are, but capital punishment is not murder.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-04-22, 13:02

RQA wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote: but sanctioning the governments right to murder citizens.

This why serious discourse is so difficult.   One might agree with capital punishment.   One might disagree with capital punishment.   I have stated here that I am, generally, against capital punishment.  

All deaths are not murder.   A few are, but capital punishment is not murder.  

Call it whatever the fuck you want dude, that’s not answering the question.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-04-22, 13:07

RQA wrote:

This why serious discourse is so difficult.   One might agree with capital punishment.   One might disagree with capital punishment.   I have stated here that I am, generally, against capital punishment.  

If you want discussion then frame your question in a noninflammatory honest way. Some good discussion might ensue.

Or we could continue with your usual method and just type fuck a few times.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

NumbersDude likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-22, 13:10

RQA wrote:

Minimal gov interference. In the case of murder. Yes. The justice system is needed but should not impose itself unless a crime is committed.
You think I am a crazy anarchist? Ultra capitalist yes.
I am a poor. But want to make $$$.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-04-22, 13:16

RQA wrote:

If you want discussion then frame your question in a noninflammatory honest way. Some good discussion might ensue.

Or we could continue with your usual method and just type fuck a few times.

To be fair I don’t really care what you think so having an “honest” discussion with you isn’t really the motivator that you think it is
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-04-22, 13:17

NumbersDude wrote:

Minimal gov interference. In the case of murder. Yes. The justice system is needed but should not impose itself unless a crime is committed.

But if the government can’t be trusted with easily correctable decisions how can they be trusted with completely irreversible decisions? Especially when we know for an absolute fact that they’ve fucked up that irreversible decision in the past
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-22, 13:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The deceaseds family opinion is absurd, that’s why they would be automatically eliminated from a jury pool in the first place. I’m not even going to address that because it’s that stupid of an idea. Sorry.

Really what I’m more interested in is how you square the circle of not trusting the government but sanctioning the governments right to murder citizens. That doesn’t make sense.

If you break it down: the government does not decide the mans guilt. It is left up to the JURY. I can debate this with you even further by allowing the next if kin of the deceased decide- it limits the government involvement and puts it in the hands of the people not bureaucrats with political ambitions.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-04-22, 13:25

I just think God is happier when we kill people who have committed crimes.

Alleluia. Praise God.

To add on to what seems like a great idea mentioned here, do you think maybe we could have the family of the deceased, kill the person themselves? Maybe if they have like an AR15 at home, bring it up to the prison and put it to use?

Praise Jesus our country keeps evolving like this. Amen.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NumbersDude 2022-04-22, 13:29

NumbersDude wrote:

But if the government can’t be trusted with easily correctable decisions how can they be trusted with completely irreversible decisions? Especially when we know for an absolute fact that they’ve fucked up that irreversible decision in the past

There are no absolutes. Government is needed. But to what extent? What we injest and consume? The materials we can read? How our children are raised?
There is a balance of how much regulation people want in their lives.
Some people would trade freedom for a sense of security and protection. Others don’t. What is right and wrong most of the time is a matter of perspective.
America is not a homogeneous country therefore there are many different perspectives and points of view. The balance is maintaining order while not eroding personal freedom. My view of the federal government is to ensure that Americans freedoms and rights are not trampled by local and state laws and foreign influences. Not to make laws to impose on citizens.
NumbersDude
NumbersDude
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-04-22, 13:35

Capital punishment is murder if there is a wrongful conviction.  That’s the primary reason MI doesn’t have the death penalty,

Conversely I am not opposed to life without parole sentences that keep convicted incarcerated unless they are proven innocent on appeal.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-04-22, 13:43

GRR Spartan wrote:Capital punishment is murder if there is a wrongful conviction.  That’s the primary reason MI doesn’t have the death penalty,

Conversely I am not opposed to life without parole sentences that keep convicted incarcerated unless they are proven innocent on appeal.

Michigan has never in its history as a State had a death penalty.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-04-22, 14:23

Trapper Gus wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Capital punishment is murder if there is a wrongful conviction.  That’s the primary reason MI doesn’t have the death penalty,

Michigan has never in its history as a State had a death penalty.

Wikipedia tells me that Michigan had the death penalty formally in place for treason until 1963, but never used it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down