Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreams...what do they mean?

+7
Motown Spartan
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
Trapper Gus
DWags
The Pantry
11 posters

Go down

Dreams...what do they mean? Empty Dreams...what do they mean?

Post by The Pantry 5/25/2022, 9:43 pm

My ex of over 18 years blew me last night. She use to hate giving blowjobs but was really into it in the dream.

Should I call her?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dreams...what do they mean? Empty Re: Dreams...what do they mean?

Post by DWags 5/25/2022, 10:05 pm

The Pantry wrote:My ex of over 18 years blew me last night. She use to hate giving blowjobs but was really into it in the dream.

Should I call her?

Well I for one, don’t see anything going wrong with that conversation. “Hey I had a dream you were blowing me last night and you really were into it”

After that line, the first one to speak loses.

Please record it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 5/25/2022, 10:07 pm

I'm absolutely not knowagable, however, from what I have read the content of dreams are mostly meaningless. Dreams allow us to process strong emotions in a safe way, so we don't have to process them while awake. The emotions are then attached to some memory we already have, but the emotions and the memory are not really connected.

At least that is what I have read says.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 5/25/2022, 10:24 pm

How likely you are to fight with your spousDid you dream about your partner’s infidelity? You just increased the chances that you’re going to argue with him or her the next day, according to a University of Maryland study. Having a “sex” dream, on the other hand, boosts feelings of love and intimacy. Here’s what your couples’ sleep position says about your relationship.What your dreams reveal about you
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 5/25/2022, 10:42 pm

Dreams predict the future. Enjoy the BJ.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 5/25/2022, 11:12 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:I'm absolutely not knowagable, however, from what I have read the content of dreams are mostly meaningless. Dreams allow us to process strong emotions in a safe way, so we don't have to process them while awake. The emotions are then attached to some memory we already have, but the emotions and the memory are not really connected.

Not trying to be confrontational, but I suggest dreams are actually quite meaningful for the reason you mentioned.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 5/26/2022, 12:27 am

War…what is it good for?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 5/26/2022, 6:37 am

Turtleneck wrote:War…what is it good for?

Ah yes, Tolstoy's original title for War And Peace.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 5/26/2022, 8:06 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:I'm absolutely not knowagable, however, from what I have read the content of dreams are mostly meaningless.  Dreams allow us to process strong emotions in a safe way, so we don't have to process them while awake.  The emotions are then attached to some memory we already have, but the emotions and the memory are not really connected.

Not trying to be confrontational, but I suggest dreams are actually quite meaningful for the reason you mentioned.

Perhaps I didn't express the idea clearly - the emotions are meaningful. The content is thought to be whatever you might have in your brain which fits the emotions, but the dream is all about the emotions the body is experiencing in a "safe" way.  As when you are sleeping much of your body is shut down from acting, as typically you don't say the words you have in your dreams out loud or make many of the physical moves you are dreaming about, this makes experiencing strong emotions safe.

At least that is one theory about dreams.  Not mine personally, though it makes sense to me, just something I have read about dreams.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 5/26/2022, 8:52 am

It's because I've been banging her and you wish you were me.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 5/26/2022, 9:40 am

The Pantry wrote:My ex of over 18 years blew me last night. She use to hate giving blowjobs but was really into it in the dream.

Should I call her?

When the rain washes you clean you'll know.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 5/26/2022, 9:55 am

This will probably read like the setup to a punchline, but it's the actual dream I had last night. It was very vivid and strange. I think it may have been influenced by this thread because I rarely dream of ex-girlfriends.

In the dream, I was sneaking into a former girlfriend's house to take a chair. It's a woman I haven't seen or heard from in many years. I don't know why I needed the chair; maybe it belonged to me. As I was carrying the chair toward the door, I heard her coming. I put the chair down, but she caught me. She looked older but still pretty. She didn't even say anything about the chair or the fact that I was in her house uninvited. She just started re-introducing me to family members, and everyone was friendly and glad to see me again. Then people started getting news updates on their phones that the war had begun. I looked around to see videos of flames on everyone's phone, then a huge wall of flame erupted right outside the window and we all dropped to the floor knowing that it was the end. My last thought before waking was to wonder how long this would hurt.

I have no idea what a dream analyst would say about that.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

InTenSity likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 5/26/2022, 9:56 am

I have never had a dream about an ex-girlfriend or my wife.

Dreams I remember are bizarre snippets of unrelated stuff connected in with a recent event. I was in a traffic backup leaving GR to an appointment in Big Rapids due some to a car drifting into the lane repair that was missing the layer of concrete.

A couple of days later I had a vivid dream about the backup but traffic had halted and people were out of their vehicles walking around. Then I started seeing people from grade school, HS, USN buddies and a couple of cousins.

Started telling my wife about it and she pointed out all the people I said I had seen in the dream were dead.

Have no clue why but memories of people I hadn’t thought of in years made guest appearances.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 5/26/2022, 10:23 am

I didn't start remembering anything from my dreams until I was no longer on a schedule controlled by going to work everyday ....

Then I had lots of dreams about work situations, often combining people I worked with years ago but who had never themselves worked together, typically in some sort of work conflict.

Don't think the content meant much, the emotions involved seem to be steming from frustrations I was living through.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 5/26/2022, 10:39 am

When I've had dreams about work, especially dreams in which I'm doing work, and then I wake up and realize I have to do it all over again because I didn't actually do the work in my dream. I take the day off and golf.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon and GRR Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 5/26/2022, 8:42 pm

I'm the lamest dreamer in the world. Actually, I more often than not, I dont remember my dreams, but when I do, I often have dreams about mundane things. Like I will dream that I go to the store, buy a shirt, and go home. WTF is my subconscious trying to tell me? That I'm so boring even my dreams suck?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down