Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan to become the first primary state?

+4
Trapper Gus
kingstonlake
PennSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
8 posters

Go down

Michigan to become the first primary state? Empty Michigan to become the first primary state?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 28 Jun 2022 - 19:46

[tw]1541923209242521602[/tw]

Get ready Macomb county because they’re coming. Somebody get a mop over to Lakeside Mall, get that place looking pretty. We’re gonna have back to back to back candidates stopping your local Coney Island to mingle with locals and do their best to eat a coney on camera without looking like an idiot.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Michigan to become the first primary state? Empty Re: Michigan to become the first primary state?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 28 Jun 2022 - 19:51

Honesty though I think that would be really cool and I’m all for it. There’s no reason for democrats to waste months pandering to a state that a) they stand no chance of ultimately winning and b) is almost certainly not going to tip the balance in the election.

Go to a different swing state every 4 years. No reason it always needs to be the same one, but make the swing states the big important ones up front that get all the attention. Let voters there make connections with the candidates instead of random unimportant to ultimately winning states
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Michigan to become the first primary state? Empty Re: Michigan to become the first primary state?

Post by PennSpartan Wed 29 Jun 2022 - 8:16

Good. Iowa sucks.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 29 Jun 2022 - 8:32

Sounds like a good idea to me. Clearly more representative of America across the board than Iowa

Michigan to become the first primary state? 42659e10
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 29 Jun 2022 - 9:48

Don't know if the demographics in Michigan are representative of the nation, however, they sure are more diverse than Iowa or New Hampshire.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Wed 29 Jun 2022 - 13:35

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Honesty though I think that would be really cool and I’m all for it. There’s no reason for democrats to waste months pandering to a state that a) they stand no chance of ultimately winning and b) is almost certainly not going to tip the balance in the election.

Go to a different swing state every 4 years. No reason it always needs to be the same one, but make the swing states the big important ones up front that get all the attention. Let voters there make connections with the candidates instead of random unimportant to ultimately winning states

I like the rotation idea. I am for that. I am not in favor of one state to start. Make it three. Have six primary dates with a progression like 3 - 6 - 9 - 12 - 15 - 15 or something. Any state can be in any group but it rotates.

I am also still in favor of Biden promoting ranked choice for the party. Show the way.

After years of neglect there are a lot of things that need to be changed and standardized.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 30 Jun 2022 - 0:16

3 Super Tuesdays on the 2nd Tuesday in March/April/May and we’re done.

Businesses in Iowa and New Hampshire will hate it but I’m weary of having 3.1M population Iowa that’s 90% white and New Hampshire with its 1.3M 93% white population as baselines for presidential campaigns.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 30 Jun 2022 - 7:29

GRR Spartan wrote:3 Super Tuesdays on the 2nd Tuesday in March/April/May and we’re done.

Businesses in Iowa and New Hampshire will hate it but I’m weary of having 3.1M population Iowa that’s 90% white and New Hampshire with its 1.3M 93% white population as baselines for presidential campaigns.

The problem with that is that you’re handing the election to the candidate that has the money to start with and actually can run that kind of campaign. I, for one, think we should stop handing all of our decisions over to corporate interests
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 30 Jun 2022 - 9:25

Rick Saunders wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Honesty though I think that would be really cool and I’m all for it. There’s no reason for democrats to waste months pandering to a state that a) they stand no chance of ultimately winning and b) is almost certainly not going to tip the balance in the election.

I like the rotation idea. I am for that. I am not in favor of one state to start. Make it three. Have six primary dates with a progression like 3 - 6 - 9 - 12 - 15 - 15 or something. Any state can be in any group but it rotates.

I am also still in favor of Biden promoting ranked choice for the party. Show the way.

After years of neglect there are a lot of things that need to be changed and standardized.

Ranked choice voting is where we need to go.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 1 Dec 2022 - 16:03

[tw]1598407602483986458[/tw]

Now I really hope there’s a competitive primary. There should always be a competitive primary no matter the popularity, age, or any other factors of the incumbent anyway as reaffirmation is important instead of just the party leaders telling people what they think. But also I want to see these politicians gulping down coneys for a month straight
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat 3 Dec 2022 - 9:59

Well not the first, just the first in the midwest.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 5 Dec 2022 - 8:36

lol

[tw]1599740042468986880?s=21&t=T5tC2oS1bdZKN4ErOq0wbg[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 5 Dec 2022 - 8:39

it'll be fun watching the media elite swoop into rural diners to ask all of the white, salt-of-the-Earth patrons how their lives have been impacted by having a Democrat in the White House, then amplify their patriotic, unique and insightful opinions to the country as the lord's gospel.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down