Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid question: does mustard go bad once refrigerated then left out overnight?

+13
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
MSU addict
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
DWags
17 posters

Go down

Stupid question: does mustard go bad once refrigerated then left out overnight? Empty Stupid question: does mustard go bad once refrigerated then left out overnight?

Post by DWags 2022-10-06, 08:03

Wife went out to dinner with daughters. I bought a package of hotdogs and made two. Put mustard out of the fridge in them a d left it on the counter by the paper towels. Found it this morning. I know it’s like a buck 23 so I’m gonna throw it out. But was wondering if it goes bad like Mayo would.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Stupid question: does mustard go bad once refrigerated then left out overnight? Empty Re: Stupid question: does mustard go bad once refrigerated then left out overnight?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-10-06, 08:21

No, but I wouldn't feed it to the dog.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Stupid question: does mustard go bad once refrigerated then left out overnight? Empty Re: Stupid question: does mustard go bad once refrigerated then left out overnight?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-06, 08:21

It’s fine. don’t be a coward
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That, Wally Fairway and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-10-06, 08:31

Great, more shitty plastic in the landfill. Nice job, Earth hater.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-10-06, 08:31

Did it come home smelling like ketchup and mayo? If so, yeah it went bad overnight.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

AvgMSUJoe and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-10-06, 08:34

Yellow mustard? It's fine.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-06, 08:34

Turtleneck wrote:Great, more shitty plastic in the landfill. Nice job, Earth hater.

You’re just assuming that it’s a bottle of French’s. He could have gone to a market that sells bulk mustard, filled up a reusable cup, and when he say he’s throwing it out he’s just emptying the cup then going and refilling it. You don’t know.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-10-06, 08:52

Normal yellow mustard, you can leave out.It is essentially vinegar and mustard powder, neither require refrigeration. If it has horseradish, then it should be refrigerated.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Cameron, The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-10-06, 08:56

Mustard can stay on the counter.

Next to the apples.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-10-06, 08:59

MSU addict wrote:Normal yellow mustard, you can leave out.It is essentially vinegar and mustard powder, neither require refrigeration. If it has horseradish, then it should be refrigerated.

Have you seen the shoes this cat wears? It was definitely Dijon mustard….
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-06, 09:38

kingstonlake wrote:
MSU addict wrote:Normal yellow mustard, you can leave out.It is essentially vinegar and mustard powder, neither require refrigeration. If it has horseradish, then it should be refrigerated.

kingstonlake wrote:

Basically, vinegar and ground up mustard, still.

If left out for a couple of years, it might dry up.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-10-06, 10:26

NigelUno wrote:Mustard can stay on the counter.

Next to the apples.

Stupid question: does mustard go bad once refrigerated then left out overnight? 502811600

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-10-06, 10:31

No such thing as a stupid question DWags. Just stupid people that ask questions.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-06, 15:41

I hope you recycled it
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-10-06, 15:54

Based on my personal experience (tailgates) you should be good to go.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-10-06, 15:58

DWags wrote:Wife went out to dinner with daughters. I bought a package of hotdogs and made two. Put mustard out of the fridge in them a d left it on the counter by the paper towels. Found it this morning. I know it’s like a buck 23 so I’m gonna throw it out. But was wondering if it goes bad like Mayo would.
what kind of dogs did you have?

I don't eat a lot of hotdogs but every now and then I get a hankerin' for one.. maybe 2-3 times/year. I usually go with Hebrew Nationals or Nathans.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-10-06, 21:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Wife went out to dinner with daughters. I bought a package of hotdogs and made two. Put mustard out of the fridge in them a d left it on the counter by the paper towels. Found it this morning. I know it’s like a buck 23 so I’m gonna throw it out. But was wondering if it goes bad like Mayo would.

I don't eat a lot of hotdogs but every now and then I get a hankerin' for one.. maybe 2-3 times/year. I usually go with Hebrew Nationals or Nathans.

Ball park Angus beef, was going to Kroger for a rotisserie chicken but was too late for them. Picked up a can of chunky chi Ken soup then walked by the coolers with the dogs. Got them cause I figured it’s be just as easy. Bought an “all everything “ pack of buns. Thing is, the six dogs left and the buns will go to waste. Pretty much guaranteed. Dogs were good but like you it’s a once in six month thing. Daughter who is home and wife are repulsed by them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-10-06, 22:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Koegel vienna is the best dog.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, The Pantry and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-06, 22:54

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: what kind of dogs did you have?

Koegel vienna is the best dog.

This X 1,000,000

I'm spoiled for life by Koegels.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-07, 01:14

good call on the everything buns, d wags.
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-07, 07:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:good call on the everything buns, d wags.

Hot dog buns never work for me, always are falling apart before the bog is done.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-10-07, 08:22

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: what kind of dogs did you have?

Ball park Angus beef, was going to Kroger for a rotisserie chicken but was too late for them. Picked up a can of chunky chi Ken soup then walked by the coolers with the dogs. Got them cause I figured it’s be just as easy. Bought an “all everything “ pack of buns. Thing is, the six dogs left and the buns will go to waste. Pretty much guaranteed. Dogs were good but like you it’s a once in six month thing. Daughter who is home and wife are repulsed by them.

Same here. I end up throwing out the remaining 6 buns and hot dogs after they've been sitting in the back of the fridge for who knows how long. Seems like there would be a huge market for a 2 pack of hot dogs and a 2 pack of buns.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-10-07, 08:32

Koegel Viennas are overrated.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-07, 08:36

Why are we talking about hot dogs in a mustard thread when ketchup is the superior condiment
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-07, 08:37

Why do we call it mustard? I get that it comes from seeds of the mustard plant. But wouldn’t that be like calling ketchup “tomato” it makes no damn sense.

I move to officially rename mustard “yellow sauce”

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2022-10-07, 08:56; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-10-07, 08:40

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Why are we talking about hot dogs in a mustard thread when ketchup is the superior condiment

Oh shit, here we go. I do t mind if you’re a Republican if you’re atheist or Christian, if you’re tall or short , male or female straight or gay, country or city, you’re welcome in my home for food fun talk. It if you put ketchup on a Hot Dog you can go straight to hell.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-10-07, 08:45

Cameron wrote:Koegel Viennas are overrated.

Dude
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-10-07, 08:49

The best hot dog in the world is still a damn hot dog. It's not gourmet, it's ground up lips and buttholes.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-07, 08:52

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Why are we talking about hot dogs in a mustard thread when ketchup is the superior condiment

Oh shit, here we go. I do t mind if you’re a Republican if you’re atheist or Christian, if you’re tall or short , male or female straight or gay, country or city, you’re welcome in my home for food fun talk. It if you put ketchup on a Hot Dog you can go straight to hell.

Stupid question: does mustard go bad once refrigerated then left out overnight? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5pft7adfd3qgbya6fm4oad5lfzcnm04o9nx61sj2l&rid=200
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-10-07, 11:03

Trapper Gus wrote:

Hot dog buns never work for me, always are falling apart before the bog is done.

Get the potato buns.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-07, 11:45

have you ever heard of tomatoes travis
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-10-07, 11:46

Cameron wrote: it's ground up lips and buttholes.

wait seriously?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-07, 11:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:have you ever heard of tomatoes travis

New to me. But all of you “foodies” and your fancy dining places have all sorts of things I’ve never heard of. I have two slices of white bread, some bologna and a piece of American cheese for every meal
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down