Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Far-right House Republicans, led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, seek to cut off Ukraine aid

+7
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
11 posters

Go down

Far-right House Republicans, led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, seek to cut off Ukraine aid Empty Far-right House Republicans, led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, seek to cut off Ukraine aid

Post by NigelUno Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:39 pm

That didn't take long.

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-11-17-22/h_d2025cea3fa6bd2fb2f295211148a750
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Far-right House Republicans, led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, seek to cut off Ukraine aid Empty Re: Far-right House Republicans, led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, seek to cut off Ukraine aid

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:29 pm

She's a domestic terrorist.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Far-right House Republicans, led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, seek to cut off Ukraine aid Empty Re: Far-right House Republicans, led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, seek to cut off Ukraine aid

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:13 am

When did the Republican Party officially stop supporting the national interests of the United States?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:36 am

Every day the House is in session, the Dems should present MTG with one of these...

Far-right House Republicans, led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, seek to cut off Ukraine aid 20220629073202-fs5inqp3

Every single day.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:39 am

Funny that she thinks she’s holding all the cards now. That’s not how it works batshitcrazylady.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:43 am

Motown Spartan wrote:Funny that she thinks she’s holding all the cards now. That’s not how it works batshitcrazylady.

I'm hoping there are enough sane people in that bat shit crazy party to stop the United States from totally imploding.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:00 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:Funny that she thinks she’s holding all the cards now. That’s not how it works batshitcrazylady.

I'm hoping there are enough sane people in that bat shit crazy party to stop the United States from totally imploding.

Couldn't about 5 R's split from the party and make a deal with D's to allow the D's to elect a speaker? The far right Maga crew is feeling emboldened because McCarthy needs their votes in order to become speaker and he only cares about the power.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:13 am

InTenSity wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Couldn't about 5 R's split from the party and make a deal with D's to allow the D's to elect a speaker? The far right Maga crew is feeling emboldened because McCarthy needs their votes in order to become speaker and he only cares about the power.

One Republican has said he will work with the Democratic members if McCarthy is not made Speaker, however, until we know the split between the Parties in the HOR, and until the Republicans cannot elect a Speaker the question is mote.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:32 am

InTenSity wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I think that would be political suicide.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:41 am

NigelUno wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I think that would be political suicide.

I think you are right.

However, if only one vote was needed then that suicide would be tempered by being Speaker of the HOR for two years.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:56 am

so 'America First" Republicans are anti-democratic Russian assets?

I never noticed.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:03 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so 'America First" Republicans are anti-democratic Russian assets?

I never noticed.

The GOP is pro Russia and the far left is anti supporting Ukraine which makes them de facto Russian supporters. Center left continues to provide the best leadership in our turbulent times.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:26 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so 'America First" Republicans are anti-democratic Russian assets?

I never noticed.

The GOP is pro Russia and the far left is anti supporting Ukraine which makes them de facto Russian supporters. Center left continues to provide the best leadership in our turbulent times.

There is a tiny group called "the tankies" who blame all the problems in the world on the US. It is debatable that they are far left or just anti-US. Other than the letter asking President Biden to consider a negotiated Ukraine solutuon signed by a number of Congressional Progressives in June which was published and disavowed in September, I'm haven't heard of anything which could be labeled, as indeed ever this letter cannot, anti-Ukraine on the left.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:27 pm

It's hilarious, I mean in a maddening way of course, that republicans in the house plan to go full tilt into Biden "crime family" investigations but had no qualms about the most corrupt presidential family in history, Biden's predecessor.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:51 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:It's hilarious, I mean in a maddening way of course, that republicans in the house plan to go full tilt into Biden "crime family" investigations but had no qualms about the most corrupt presidential family in history, Biden's predecessor.
Team sports to them.

Zero integrity.

PLUS, that has been their playbook since Whitewater.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:12 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:It's hilarious, I mean in a maddening way of course, that republicans in the house plan to go full tilt into Biden "crime family" investigations but had no qualms about the most corrupt presidential family in history, Biden's predecessor.
Team sports to them.

Zero integrity.

They are still upset about Nixon resigning
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:51 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Team sports to them.

Zero integrity.

Some tool learned from the Iran Contra deal that they can just tie everything up/ suck all the air out of the room indefinitely with these "investigations"....

The only amazing thing was they weren't able to attempt to pin anything on Obama (hence the Brown suit/ lapel pin "controversies").
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:05 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Some tool learned from the Iran Contra deal that they can just tie everything up/ suck all the air out of the room indefinitely with these "investigations"....

The only amazing thing was they weren't able to attempt to pin anything on Obama (hence the Brown suit/ lapel pin "controversies").

Hey Joe, get your picks in!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:59 pm

Today the GOP caucus met with Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse who spoke of his political aspirations.

He’s from Illinois. Just like Lincoln.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:44 am

[tw]1593610088970960897[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:38 am

One thing I don’t disagree with is that I think the president, whom in the last 50 or so years we’ve given way too much unilateral power and started treating like a king, should be under near constant and intense legislative investigation. Of course, they’re only doing that kind of thing in their own weird, twisted, messed up, trying to score political points way so it’s not really what I’m talking about. But I do think that a democratic house should be investigating biden too, and a Republican house should have been investigating trump. Constant investigations of the executive without thinking of party should just be a part of the job.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:21 am

While I understand the sentiment, we've learned under trump that these things are useless and are strictly political (at least to the rs which have zero integrity) so until we get dems to have an opposition party looking out for the public's interests, what's the point?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:31 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:While I understand the sentiment, we've learned under trump that these things are useless and are strictly political (at least to the rs which have zero integrity) so until we get dems to have an opposition party looking out for the public's interests, what's the point?

I guess I mean that more theoretically than practically in our modern times where one party is consumed with being afraid of monsters hiding under their bed
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:48 am

The House & Senate have oversight of all of the executive departments and constantly have hearings (investigation) into their operations and actions. In addition the Congress set up the Inspector General system in each department so that there is an internal system of investigation which reports to the Congress & there are whistleblower laws whereas if a worket bee inn the executive sees something they think is not legal it can be reported, to the respective IG, I think, who is required to notify the office of the chairman of the committees in Congress which have oversight of that part of the executive.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:04 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:The House & Senate have oversight of all of the executive departments and constantly have hearings (investigation) into their operations and actions. In addition the Congress set up the Inspector General system in each department so that there is an internal system of investigation which reports to the Congress & there are whistleblower laws whereas if a worket bee inn the executive sees something they think is not legal it can be reported, to the respective IG, I think, who is required to notify the office of the chairman of the committees in Congress which have oversight of that part of the executive.

Indeed.

It’s working great.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:25 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:The House & Senate have oversight of all of the executive departments and constantly have hearings (investigation) into their operations and actions. In addition the Congress set up the Inspector General system in each department so that there is an internal system of investigation which reports to the Congress & there are whistleblower laws whereas if a worket bee inn the executive sees something they think is not legal it can be reported, to the respective IG, I think, who is required to notify the office of the chairman of the committees in Congress which have oversight of that part of the executive.

Indeed.

It’s working great.

Congress does a bunch of stuff most people don't hear about. There were over 200 bipartisan Bills passed and signed by Biden. Now much of this is routine, but since the news doesn't report on it we all think nothing is happening.

The MSM just doesn't report it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:13 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/michael-moore-the-gop-is-imploding-and-the-house-is-just-their-consolation-prize/ar-AA14ib3E?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c10885efb28d45c6a1dbfcd9add9a27e

On Friday, writing for his blog, liberal filmmaker Michael Moore — one of the few analysts to predict Republicans would not have a blowout win in the 2022 midterm elections — forecast that the GOP is "imploding" — and that their new, razor-thin majority in the House is a "consolation prize" for losing the bigger fight for America.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:55 pm

So, from what I read of this, MTG only supported McCarthy if he kicked Schiff off judiciary because she got kicked off for supporting 1/6... How can he kick a dem off without dem support?

[Tw]1594475165043286016[/tw]
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:59 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So, from what I read of this, MTG only supported McCarthy if he kicked Schiff off judiciary because she got kicked off for supporting 1/6... How can he kick a dem off without dem support?

[Tw]1594475165043286016[/tw]

This next session of congress is going to be nothing but a revenge tour.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:52 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Won't every R in the house have to be as petty and shitty as MTG for the Rs to have the votes on this?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:05 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

Won't every R in the house have to be as petty and shitty as MTG for the Rs to have the votes on this?

One would like to think that members of Congress vote for what they believe is right, but for the most part, if one thinks that one is wrong.

Mostly they vote with their party when the "Leader's" ask for it.  So no, if the Republican Leadership asks for votes to deny Democratic members committee assignments the Republican members will vote for that.

edit - btw, the above is why anyone who loves this country must never vote for a Republican at any level.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:48 pm

tWSJ wrote:“In many ways, we’re all-in, and we’re all-in because the realization has dawned in Europe that showing weakness to President Putin, showing no response to his atrocities, only invites him to go further and further,” said Sjoerd Sjoerdsma, a Dutch politician and member of parliament. “We have also realized that it is not only the safety and security of Ukraine that is at stake but also our own.”

It is beginning to dawn on politicians that it is time to get on the correct side of this issue, well most politicians.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:16 pm

a Democrat rep today submitted an amendment to a bill naming MTG "Vladimir Putin's Special Envoy to the United States Congress".

Far-right House Republicans, led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, seek to cut off Ukraine aid 502811600 Far-right House Republicans, led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, seek to cut off Ukraine aid 502811600 Far-right House Republicans, led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, seek to cut off Ukraine aid 502811600

Rep. Jared Moskowitz (D-Fla.) trolled Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) with a pair of amendments that highlight the Georgia Republican’s frequent embrace of pro-Russia misinformation and her opposition to foreign aid.

The first amendment calls for Greene to be appointed “Vladimir Putin’s Special Envoy to the United States Congress.”

I mean, if the republican/libertarians are gonna do the bidding on behalf of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and convicted rapist, they should at least accept the title.

Far-right House Republicans, led by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, seek to cut off Ukraine aid 2599972566

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags, GRR Spartan, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:52 am

[tw]1781163731256217670[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down