Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chiropractic care

+4
Travis of the Cosmos
Motown Spartan
tGreenWay
The Pantry
8 posters

Go down

Chiropractic care Empty Chiropractic care

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-31, 17:46

Got my first sinus infection in the early 90's. Went to my doc, got prescibed an antibiotic and knocked it out. Infection came back 3-4 months later and repreated the process. Kept happening every few months for a couple years. Went to see a chiropractor. It worked! Had another SI 5 years later but it was mild (haven't had another one since). Kept seeing the chiropractor.

Would stop in the office once or twice a week after work for a maintenance adjustment. Twice experienced a sense of vertigo shortly after neck adjustments leaving the office, both in my vehicle driving less a mile home. Stopped going to the chiropractor.

A 31-year-old woman had a stroke after visiting a chiropractor. A jury just awarded her $1 million.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Chiropractic care Empty Re: Chiropractic care

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-31, 18:50

The Pantry wrote:Got my first sinus infection in the early 90's. Went to my doc, got prescibed an antibiotic and knocked it out. Infection came back 3-4 months later and repreated the process. Kept happening every few months for a couple years. Went to see a chiropractor. It worked! Had another SI 5 years later but it was mild (haven't had another one since). Kept seeing the chiropractor.

Would stop in the office once or twice a week after work for a maintenance adjustment. Twice experienced a sense of vertigo shortly after neck adjustments leaving the office, both in my vehicle driving less a mile home. Stopped going to the chiropractor.

A 31-year-old woman had a stroke after visiting a chiropractor. A jury just awarded her $1 million.

Haven’t been to a chiropractor since before the lockdown mostly b/c I haven’t needed it. During my last couple of visits prior to that, I asked for them not to do the quick head/neck snaps. I’m done with those. The odds of something bad happening are low, but it’s not worth the risk to me. Your neck adjustments probably did prompt vertigo, but any quick movement could have triggered it, tbh. Aging messes with the middle ear canal.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-01-31, 18:56

Paging Nevets…
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-31, 18:58

Motown Spartan wrote:Paging Nevets…

I’d still go to a chiro when needed. I just wouldn’t allow the neck adjustments. My guy retired, so I’d have to find someone new I trusted.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-01-31, 19:18

Abso fuckin lutely not
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-31, 19:31

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Got my first sinus infection in the early 90's. Went to my doc, got prescibed an antibiotic and knocked it out. Infection came back 3-4 months later and repreated the process. Kept happening every few months for a couple years. Went to see a chiropractor. It worked! Had another SI 5 years later but it was mild (haven't had another one since). Kept seeing the chiropractor.

Haven’t been to a chiropractor since before the lockdown mostly b/c I haven’t needed it. During my last couple of visits prior to that, I asked for them not to do the quick head/neck snaps. I’m done with those. The odds of something bad happening are low, but it’s not worth the risk to me. Your neck adjustments probably did prompt vertigo, but any quick movement could have triggered it, tbh. Aging messes with the middle ear canal.
Vertigo episodes were in my mid-late 30's...haven't had one since stopping chiropratic. I don't think it was an ear canal issue.

Have seen a couple other chiropractors beside my primary. Their styles were quite different. My primary was pretty rough. Claimed the Bills Jim Kelly as one of his patients.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-31, 19:35

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Vertigo episodes were in my mid-late 30's...haven't had one since stopping chiropratic. I don't think it was an ear canal issue.

Have seen a couple other chiropractors beside my primary. Their styles were quite different. My primary was pretty rough. Claimed the Bills Jim Kelly as one of his patients.

Interesting. I get vertigo once or twice a year from allergies. It also happened whenever I got stupid with a q-tip, so I’ve stopped using q-tips.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2023-01-31, 20:05

My dad was a big fan of chiropractors and absolutely loved the guy he would go to. My dad had one leg shorter than the other so, he always had back problems.

To make a long story short - one day my dad was having some severe upper back pain and stopped into his chiropractor on the way home from work, who fit him in. The chiropractor failed to recognize that my dad was having a massive heart attack, gave him an adjustment and sent on his way.

I am not a big fan of chiropractors.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-01-31, 20:07

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Vertigo episodes were in my mid-late 30's...haven't had one since stopping chiropratic.  I don't think it was an ear canal issue.  

Have seen a couple other chiropractors beside my primary.  Their styles were quite different.  My primary was pretty rough.  Claimed the Bills Jim Kelly as one of his patients.

tGreenWay wrote:
Interesting. I get vertigo once or twice a year from allergies. It also happened whenever I got stupid with a q-tip, so I’ve stopped using q-tips.

Mrs Greenway said you stopped using your q-tip years ago. Chiropractic care 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-31, 20:14

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Vertigo episodes were in my mid-late 30's...haven't had one since stopping chiropratic. I don't think it was an ear canal issue.

No Q-Tips? First thing I do after a shower. Keep some in the desk drawer at work.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-01-31, 20:22

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Vertigo episodes were in my mid-late 30's...haven't had one since stopping chiropratic. I don't think it was an ear canal issue.

When you feel resistance, stop.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2023-01-31, 20:25

I cannot imagine a Q-tip free existence (nor do I want to).
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

The Pantry and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-01-31, 20:33

There is no larger gap in quality than a real Q-tip and a knock off meijer or Walmart version. Might as well use a toothpick (shut up Greenway)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-31, 20:42

Motown Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

When you feel resistance, stop.
Or when you notice that scratchy feeling/sound when near your eardrum.

Remember that old Q-Tip commercial when the guy says "never put anything in your ear, except your elbow". Was pretty clever.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-31, 20:44

kingstonlake wrote:There is no larger gap in quality than a real Q-tip and a knock off meijer or Walmart version. Might as well use a toothpick (shut up Greenway)
No wood sticks...paper only!
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-01-31, 20:51

You ever put hydrogen peroxide in yer ear hole? Crazy snapping and cracking. Does clean it though. Hot water and hydrogen peroxide flush that crap right out.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-31, 21:01

AvgMSUJoe wrote:You ever put hydrogen peroxide in yer ear hole? Crazy snapping and cracking. Does clean it though. Hot water and hydrogen peroxide flush that crap right out.
Ever try an ear candle? Best to have a mirror or someone else there monitoring the process.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-01-31, 21:56

AvgMSUJoe wrote:You ever put hydrogen peroxide in yer ear hole? Crazy snapping and cracking. Does clean it though. Hot water and hydrogen peroxide flush that crap right out.

This was all I knew growing up.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-02-01, 12:42

As with anything we do/put into our bodies, there is a risk.

If the risk was serious/substantial, than their malpractice rates would be much higher, close to, or more than other physicians. They have the cheapest malpractice rate. You damn well know insurance companies would be milking that shit if the risk was high.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down