Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Nick Saban calling Nate Oats out without realizing it?

+7
tGreenWay
Nordic
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
11 posters

Go down

Is Nick Saban calling Nate Oats out without realizing it?  Empty Is Nick Saban calling Nate Oats out without realizing it?

Post by DWags 2023-03-21, 03:46

Wow, I know he’s talking about his player, but there really are some underlying tones here. Uncomfortable at Alabama

[tw]1638007391538098178?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Is Nick Saban calling Nate Oats out without realizing it?  Empty Re: Is Nick Saban calling Nate Oats out without realizing it?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-03-21, 07:58

rather than the usual abrupt statement, he definitely did kinda keep going on about it for a while.

good for Saint Nick.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is Nick Saban calling Nate Oats out without realizing it?  Empty Re: Is Nick Saban calling Nate Oats out without realizing it?

Post by NigelUno 2023-03-21, 08:18

Basketball School
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-03-21, 09:34

He is subtweeting Oats. I am sure he needs to remind Oats about the Alabama coaching hierarchy.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-03-21, 16:58

Nick Saban version 4.0 at Alabama press conferences is very polished compared to Nick Saban 1.5 we saw at MSU.

Think anything he says at a podium has a purpose.

Everything is fair in love, war and recruiting.  The last thing Saban wants is Alabama’s basketball team giving opposing football recruiter fodder and talking points filled with innuendo.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-03-21, 17:28

Sending a message to his players that he doesn't give a shit about how the hoops team runs their program, that shit ain't gonna fly under his football program
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-03-21, 17:33

Good for Nick. Someone there had to say it and it’s clear no one actually in charge had the spine to do it. Funny thing about Oats: Considering how he’s an evangelical, he should feel very uncomfortable selling his soul for a title.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Floyd Robertson, duffy munn and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-03-21, 17:33

Also, IB4 Bob.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-03-21, 17:33

Nordic wrote:Sending a message to his players that he doesn't give a shit about how the hoops team runs their program, that shit ain't gonna fly under his football program
Yeah, that feels like Saban.
Don't get any ideas guys, I'll drop a 5 star like wet turd if you fuck around.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-03-21, 18:02

Lemme also point out how I called out Oats back when this happened and I didn’t get any national coverage. #crimsonwall
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-03-21, 18:29

tGreenWay wrote:Lemme also point out how I called out Oats back when this happened and I didn’t get any national coverage. #crimsonwall

We did, you were just too busy celebrating your birthday.

By the way, happy Birthday.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, GRR Spartan and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-03-21, 18:33

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Nordic wrote:Sending a message to his players that he doesn't give a shit about how the hoops team runs their program, that shit ain't gonna fly under his football program

Difference is Nick has another 5 star behind him
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-03-21, 18:48

Bigger message is getting sent to Oats.

He signed a new contract about 2 weeks after the murder. He gets 75% of around $20 million if he's fired without cause. I bet Bama has some attorneys looking into that. They could reach some sort of settlement.

Saban's statement had a purpose in my opinion. They are weighing public opinion.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-03-21, 19:14

duffy munn wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Difference is Nick has another 5 star behind him

1?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-03-21, 19:30

tGreenWay wrote:Good for Nick. Someone there had to say it and it’s clear no one actually in charge had the spine to do it. Funny thing about Oats: Considering how he’s an evangelical, he should feel very uncomfortable selling his soul for a title.

Funny thing about evangelicals, they tend to bend the their rules in their favor.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-03-21, 19:33

NigelUno wrote:

He signed a new contract about 2 weeks after the murder.  He gets 75% of around $20 million if he's fired without cause.  I bet Bama has some attorneys looking into that.  They could reach some sort of settlement.  

Saban's statement had a purpose in my opinion.  They are weighing public opinion.    

Seems like if they were to play card, they had to do it shortly after the story broke. Week or two max to invesitage. Waiting till after the tournie is over to fire him or start an investigation (win or lose) opens the door for his layers to call bullshit.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-03-21, 19:48

Can’t Bama just send the kid to a high speed chase museum where he can see the damage driving that fast could do?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-03-21, 19:51

kingstonlake wrote:Can’t Bama just send the kid to a high speed chase museum where he can see the damage driving that fast could do?

Wrong SEC school. That was Georgia. This is the kid that brought his buddy’s gun to him who then proceeded to murder someone with it. With other teammates as witnesses. And the next game after the story broke they did a fake pat down during introductions.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-03-21, 20:03

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

He signed a new contract about 2 weeks after the murder.  He gets 75% of around $20 million if he's fired without cause.  I bet Bama has some attorneys looking into that.  They could reach some sort of settlement.  

Saban's statement had a purpose in my opinion.  They are weighing public opinion.    

Seems like if they were to play card, they had to do it shortly after the story broke. Week or two max to invesitage. Waiting till after the tournie is over to fire him or start an investigation (win or lose) opens the door for his layers to call bullshit.

The Miller part of the story broke a month after the shooting, and after Oats signed his new contract though.

Did the AD and Board know about Miller before Oats signed the contract?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-03-21, 20:25

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Lemme also point out how I called out Oats back when this happened and I didn’t get any national coverage. #crimsonwall

We did, you were just too busy celebrating your birthday.

By the way, happy Birthday.

Thank you. Thank you very much. Is Nick Saban calling Nate Oats out without realizing it?  1811933421
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-03-21, 20:26

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Good for Nick. Someone there had to say it and it’s clear no one actually in charge had the spine to do it. Funny thing about Oats: Considering how he’s an evangelical, he should feel very uncomfortable selling his soul for a title.

Funny thing about evangelicals, they tend to bend the their rules in their favor.

Crap, Bob stole Nordy’s password.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-03-21, 20:28

kingstonlake wrote:Can’t Bama just send the kid to a high speed chase museum where he can see the damage driving that fast could do?

Jeezus, you poor dumb sonuvabitch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-03-21, 20:37

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

The Miller part of the story broke a month after the shooting, and after Oats signed his new contract though.

Did the AD and Board know about Miller before Oats signed the contract?

I can't answer that question because nobody knows.

I was referring to the clock starting after he inserted his foot in his mouth with the 'wrong place, wrong time' bullshit. That was ~3 weeks before the tournie started. They had a window of opportunity (albeit small) to gather info and make a decision.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-01-17, 10:26

Nate Oats was the hottest thing in CBB not too long ago...

[tw]1747420672417046839?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down