Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abbott Pardon in Texas

4 posters

Go down

Abbott Pardon in Texas Empty Abbott Pardon in Texas

Post by sεяεηιτλ Thu 13 Apr 2023 - 0:23

The more i read about how this is being looked at again, the more it seems like they are looking for a reason, ANY reason to call this jury misconduct.

They are saying someone sighed or snorted or something? Comeon, if you examined every single jury in every major case, i would almost guarantee you can find some minor improprieties when looked at with a fine tooth comb. If you nullify the judgement of every jury that did something minor, a great many cases would have to be re-litigated. Therefore i am forced to conclude this is most likely a case of the governor looking for a reason to fit with something he wants, not a legitimate case of jury misconduct leading to a different judgement.

Did they ever release any video of the incident? I'd like to see this for myself. If this dude turned his car into some protesters on purpose, then reacted when they surrounded a bit by killing a dude, then Texas fucking sucks. It could be self defense but it really depends on how it went down and what the murdered guy was doing at the time. I find it hard to believe the guy raised his gun and even if he did, it obviously would depend on how he turned into them. If it was a slow situation where he clearly saw them all then he's a fucking murderer that they are going to release.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/12/us/texas-daniel-perry-pardon-jury.html
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Abbott Pardon in Texas Empty Re: Abbott Pardon in Texas

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 13 Apr 2023 - 5:54

The article I read reported that a couple weeks prior to the killing the killer was posting on line about doing something like this, and the protester with the assault rife he killed was not pointing it at him or threatening to do so.

His defense was that he shot him before the protester could do that. Stand your ground laws are stupid.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu 13 Apr 2023 - 6:40

He went there looking to kill someone. Went as far as creating a situation where he could claim self defense. Not much different than Kyle Shittenhouse.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 13 Apr 2023 - 7:42

Motown Spartan wrote:He went there looking to kill someone. Went as far as creating a situation where he could claim self defense. Not much different than Kyle Shittenhouse.

One difference. The jury wasn't fooled, he was convicted. A pardon doesn't change that, if fact it is a further admission of guilt.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Thu 13 Apr 2023 - 17:40

You're surprised? Look at the gun nuts on Twitter, they are openly begging for ways to kill their political opponents. Remember people have passed laws allowing people to run over protesting.

In this specific case the guy texted a friend on how he could possibly do it. He posted his intentions on Facebook.

Look I don't agree with Rittenhouse but by the law what he did was legal. What this guy did was illegal.

msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Thu 13 Apr 2023 - 17:40

https://radleybalko.substack.com/p/the-smearing-of-garrett-foster
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down