Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature

+11
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
This Is The Way
sεяεηιτλ
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
duffy munn
NigelUno
TravelinMan
Trapper Gus
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 Empty Re: Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-22, 17:48

kingstonlake wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Oh come on.  Despite those people never living in my community, never hiking my trails, or never having a mountain lion in their driveway or a  protective mamma moose in their backyard…. They KNOW BETTER than you and I.  Just wave your arms.  Yell.  Have a grandfather with you.  It’s so simple.  We’re the idiots.

I should just disarm myself, move to the big city, and get an EV.

Reminds me of a time we were leaving for a weekend up north. I was trying to get the cat indoors. He didn't want to go. Finally caught him and he went ape shit. I literally could not defend myself. Lol

Cats will fuck you up.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 Empty Re: Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-22, 18:45

kingstonlake wrote:Varying degrees of success and failure.

https://sportingclassicsdaily.com/defense-against-bears-with-pistols-97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/

Better than I expected, though. Still I'm thinking for TM safety he should carry a Colt45 Magnum
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-22, 22:51

Trapper Gus wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Varying degrees of success and failure.

https://sportingclassicsdaily.com/defense-against-bears-with-pistols-97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/

Better than I expected, though. Still I'm thinking for TM safety he should carry a Colt45 Magnum

A .44 magnum is definitely a better hunting round than say, a 9mm or a .45, but shot placement is always more important than ballistics.

Hey, if I move to the big city, they don’t force you to drink those smoothie things, do they? And do they make lift kits for Teslas, or is that not a thing? Just trying to think through my transition here.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-04-22, 23:05

TravelinMan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Lol. There are definitely places in this country where you'd be an idiot not to carry a side arm in the wild. Especially if you frequent them often, or live within. This is where anti gun nuts lose me. I'm 100% in agreement we need a massive overhaul in gun laws and access. But there are certainty instances, especially in the wild where questioning someone carrying is ridiculous.

Oh come on.  Despite those people never living in my community, never hiking my trails, or never having a mountain lion in their driveway or a  protective mamma moose in their backyard…. They KNOW BETTER than you and I.  Just wave your arms.  Yell.  Have a grandfather with you.  It’s so simple.  We’re the idiots.

You've had a mountain lion in your driveway AND a moose in your backyard?

AND you've encountered "lots" of bears, mountain lions, and moose at other times.

Got any pics?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-22, 23:23

NigelUno wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

You've had a mountain lion in your driveway AND a moose in your backyard?

AND you've encountered "lots" of bears, mountain lions, and moose at other times.

Got any pics?

And elk, mule deer, coyotes, and a bunch of other critters. I didn’t get a pic of the mountain lion. It was at night and scary AF. I’ve got a bunch of moose pics. They’re kind of cool so long as they aren’t going alpha mom protecting their babies. I’ll dig some up when I’m back at my computer.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-23, 01:51

These were all taken on trails near my home. The first one I wasn't really that close - I had a good zoom lens. The second one was a little scary, as he followed me quite a ways back down the trail as I backed the heck up. I accidentally interrupted his drinking at a pond and he was apparently not amused. The third one I have blown up in my office. It's taken literally a couple of hundred yards from my front door.

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 Img_0510

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 Img_0910

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 Free6410
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Trapper Gus, Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-23, 01:56

The first pic is of a small moose that was wandering downtown. This is not uncommon, especially in the spring and summer. The second two pics were taken from within my home. Didn't even have to go outside. Front yard, back yard, they're everywhere.

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 Img_0210

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 Img_0310

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 Img_4010
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2023-04-23, 02:18

Trapper Gus wrote:Not sure what you do for brown bears or grizzlies.

Brown bears aren't a thing in North America (just light colored blacks). And in the USA, Grizzly bears aren't going to be where people are normally. Bear spray and hiking together would be enough for nearly all grizzly encounters.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-04-23, 07:44

Back to the main point... a protection/hunting gun is a different tool then an AR or a semi automatic with a magazine more than... what... 5 rounds? Is not used for a defensive or hunting purposes... it's an offensive weapon of war, OR (more likely) fulfills the masculinity deficit of dudes raised by bad tv/movies.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-23, 08:27

If I was going to carry for protection against critters it would need to have atomatic targeting, something like the new Army rifle.

The weapons will include the XM157 Fire Control optic, which includes a laser range finder, ballistic calculator, visible and infrared lasers, and a compass. That optic is made by Vortex Optics.

New Army "Rifle"

I hope this never becomes "street legal"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-23, 08:58

A rifle in close quarters?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-23, 09:37

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Back to the main point... a protection/hunting gun is a different tool then an AR or a semi automatic with a magazine more than... what... 5 rounds? Is not used for a defensive or hunting purposes... it's an offensive weapon of war, OR (more likely) fulfills the masculinity deficit of dudes raised by bad tv/movies.

THAT’S the main point?!?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-04-23, 16:19

TravelinMan wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Back to the main point... a protection/hunting gun is a different tool then an AR or a semi automatic with a magazine more than... what... 5 rounds? Is not used for a defensive or hunting purposes... it's an offensive weapon of war, OR (more likely) fulfills the masculinity deficit of dudes raised by bad tv/movies.

THAT’S the main point?!?
Now I'm confused...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-23, 17:22

TravelinMan wrote:

THAT’S the main point?!?

Of the OP, yes.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-04-23, 19:36

TravelinMan wrote:These were all taken on trails near my home. The first one I wasn't really that close - I had a good zoom lens. The second one was a little scary, as he followed me quite a ways back down the trail as I backed the heck up. I accidentally interrupted his drinking at a pond and he was apparently not amused. The third one I have blown up in my office. It's taken literally a couple of hundred yards from my front door.

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 Img_0510

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 Img_0910

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 Free6410

Cool pics. Thank God you were packing heat for protection.

Be careful cheating death like that though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-23, 19:52

Pavement queen…..
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-23, 20:35

NigelUno wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:These were all taken on trails near my home. The first one I wasn't really that close - I had a good zoom lens. The second one was a little scary, as he followed me quite a ways back down the trail as I backed the heck up. I accidentally interrupted his drinking at a pond and he was apparently not amused. The third one I have blown up in my office. It's taken literally a couple of hundred yards from my front door.

Cool pics. Thank God you were packing heat for protection.

Remember, folks: Don't pet the fluffy cows!
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2023-04-24, 02:36

Great pictures TM. May I ask where you live? I haven't had the opportunity to see them up close like that. At some point I need to. They really are magnificent creatures.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-04-24, 07:33

TravelinMan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Cool pics.  Thank God you were packing heat for protection.

Remember, folks:  Don't pet the fluffy cows!

Seriously though, do you have a camera in one hand and your gun in the other hand?  

Multitasking I guess.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-24, 08:17

https://survivalistgear.co/moose-attack-dangerous-signs/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-24, 09:24

NigelUno wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Seriously though, do you have a camera in one hand and your gun in the other hand?  

Multitasking I guess.

Seriously though. You seem really ignorant on frequenting the outdoors. There's no crime in that. it's best to ask honest questions about what it's like.... vs trolling. Agree?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-24, 09:38

NigelUno wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Multitasking I guess.

It can get tough out in the wilderness. Water bottle, hiking poles, camera, gun. It's a lot to juggle.

Fortunately the gun makes my micro penis so erect it's like having a third hand.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-24, 09:40

TravelinMan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Multitasking I guess.

It can get tough out in the wilderness. Water bottle, hiking poles, camera, gun. It's a lot to juggle.

Fortunately the gun makes my micro penis so erect it's like having a third hand.

Ok, political and social differences aside, that was funny....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-24, 09:49

gomersbro wrote:

Great pictures TM. May I ask where you live? I haven't had the opportunity to see them up close like that. At some point I need to. They really are magnificent creatures.

Thanks. I would recommend NOT getting up close like that. It's always best practice to keep a good distance from wildlife.

We had a guy here last spring accidentally get between a momma cow and her baby. He's just now starting to walk again without any assistance.

https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/moose-attack-nederland-west-magnolia-trailhead/

That being said, I'd rather deal with a moose than a mountain lion. They can be downright scary. There's video (which I won't link) of this guy taking down a 100+ lb. Doberman like it was a chew toy.

https://coloradosun.com/2023/01/01/nederland-mountain-lions-dog-killings/
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-04-24, 09:53

TravelinMan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Multitasking I guess.

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-24, 10:03

TravelinMan wrote:
gomersbro wrote:

Thanks. I would recommend NOT getting up close like that. It's always best practice to keep a good distance from wildlife.

We had a guy here last spring accidentally get between a momma cow and her baby. He's just now starting to walk again without any assistance.

https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/moose-attack-nederland-west-magnolia-trailhead/

That being said, I'd rather deal with a moose than a mountain lion. They can be downright scary. There's video (which I won't link) of this guy taking down a 100+ lb. Doberman like it was a chew toy.

I read somewhere, don't remember where, that cats of all types are the best predator in existence.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-24, 10:17

TravelinMan wrote:
gomersbro wrote:

There was a reality show that had like one season. Something about Kodiak island and a grizzly hunting outfitter. If I remember it involved his son's and their less than enthusiastic approach to taking over the business. They recorded a grizzly on an attack approach. It could have been a "bluff" run. It was the scariest thing I'd ever seen. Terrifying.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-04-24, 10:30

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I read somewhere, don't remember where, that cats of all types are the best predator in existence.

I paint little mice on the side of the cat carrier each time one of my cats gets a kill. Kind of like a WWII bomber plane. I've had more than one cat become an Ace.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-04-24, 11:47

good for Washington state.

lemme guess.. the "pro-life" members of the legislature were outraged?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-29, 07:15

https://www.axios.com/2023/04/28/colorado-governor-jared-polis-gun-bills

Stronger gun laws, except they don't ban guns.

A new Fox News poll out yesterday shows that 87% of voters favor background checks for gun purchases, 81% favor making 21 the minimum age to buy a gun, 80% want mental health care checks on all gun buyers, 80% want flags for people who are dangerous to themselves or others, 77% want a 30-day waiting period to buy a gun, and 61% want an assault weapons ban.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-04-29, 10:58

Letting everyone in Texas have guns is going great

https://abcnews.go.com/US/5-dead-texas-shooting-suspect-armed-ar-15/story?id=98957271

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article274794306.html
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-01, 10:38

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 Scree142

https://www.vox.com/23142734/cleveland-texas-mass-shootings

Ban Guns
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-05-01, 16:18

Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 26945234d3e77cd76b1259dd5a65c1a0
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-05-01, 18:42

TravelinMan wrote:Semi-automatic rifle ban passes Washington state Legislature - Page 3 26945234d3e77cd76b1259dd5a65c1a0

The next person that dares turn around in your driveway you can run out there shaking the wrench at them and throw the box of noodles all over their car. Get them wet first so they stick. If they knock on your door put the clips on their fingers, while they're figuring out how to get them off you can call the cops and let them know someone knocked on your door and you need a swat team now. This only works in America though. Any other country and you would greet the person knocking at your door as any normal person would.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-16, 09:36

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A federal judge has ruled Oregon’s voter-approved gun control measure – one of the toughest in the nation – is constitutional.

U.S. District Judge Karin Immergut ruled that banning large capacity magazines and requiring a permit to purchase a gun falls in line with “the nation’s history and tradition of regulating uniquely dangerous features of weapons and firearms to protect public safety,” Oregon Public Broadcasting reported.

The decision comes after a landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision on the Second Amendment that has upended gun laws across the country, dividing judges and sowing confusion over what firearm restrictions can remain on the books. It changed the test that lower courts had long used for evaluating challenges to firearm restrictions, telling judges that gun laws must be consistent with the “historical tradition of firearm regulation.”

https://apnews.com/article/oregon-gun-control-law-ruling-da3778b8f6022c53a3cb940c4e4a6349
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-21, 10:34

Yet, it cannot be said any more clearly: Jesus’ entire life, mission and message was a profound statement against guns. To believe Jesus would have been sitting on a cache of weapons is a misreading and manipulation of the highest order.

https://michiganadvance.com/2023/07/21/politicians-attempt-to-make-us-believe-that-god-wants-you-to-have-guns/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-07-21, 10:44

Trapper Gus wrote:
Yet, it cannot be said any more clearly: Jesus’ entire life, mission and message was a profound statement against guns. To believe Jesus would have been sitting on a cache of weapons is a misreading and manipulation of the highest order.

https://michiganadvance.com/2023/07/21/politicians-attempt-to-make-us-believe-that-god-wants-you-to-have-guns/

Well to be fair, the NRA is their god.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3