Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread

+12
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Trapper Gus
Turtleneck
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread Empty The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-11, 08:07

More proof that we don't know who these people are in private, so maybe stop worshipping them in public so much. Maybe scrap the program and just focus on basketball, cross country, and quidditch.

Washington Huskies roster

https://gohuskies.com/sports/football/roster

Bernard has 5 catches for 90 yards and one TD in two games this season. He had 7 for 128 and two TDs in one full season at MSU.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread Empty Re: The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-11, 08:11

Washington has one of the better QB's in the nation right now who has played against MSU almost every year.

This is good for MSU as he will be overconfident. (That is the highest level of bootlicking I can come up with.)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread Empty Re: The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-11, 15:52

Expert picks and predictions for Washington vs. Michigan State

In the meantime, the Spartans will have to find a plan to stop Michael Penix, the Washington quarterback who is already good for 859 yards passing in two games with eight touchdowns and just one interception while completing 73 percent of his pass attempts for an offense that averages 566 yards per game.

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football-picks/washington-michigan-state-picks-predictions-college-football-odds-lines

Michigan State a multi-score underdog vs. No. 8 Washington

https://www.si.com/college/michiganstate/football/michigan-state-spartans-football-big-underdog-vs-washington-huskies-msu-091123

Michael Penix Jr., players to watch in the Washington vs. Michigan State football game - September 16

https://spartanswire.usatoday.com/article/michael-penix-jr-players-to-watch-in-the-washington-vs-michigan-state-football-game-september-16/

No. 8 Dawgs Head East To Face Michigan State

https://gohuskies.com/news/2023/9/11/football-no-8-dawgs-head-east-to-face-michigan-state.aspx

Muhammad Has Been As Good As Advertised Early On for UW

[tw]1699927654160355378?s=20[/tw]

https://www.si.com/college/washington/football/muhammad-has-been-as-good-as-advertised-early-on-for-uw
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-11, 21:15

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-12, 16:30

Huskies' Well-Traveled Bernard Prepares for Michigan State Reunion
https://www.si.com/college/washington/football/huskies-well-traveled-bernard-prepares-for-michigan-state-reunion

No. 8 Washington wary of Michigan State, even with Mel Tucker suspended
https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2023/09/no-8-washington-wary-of-michigan-state-even-with-mel-tucker-suspended.html

Interim MSU coach Harlon Barnett says his focus is on getting team ready for Saturday's game
https://www.wxyz.com/sports/watch-interim-msu-coach-harlon-barnett-says-his-focus-is-on-getting-team-ready-for-saturdays-game
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-09-12, 16:42

MEH as in…

Make
Em
Hurt

Maul
Every
Husky

Amirite!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Robert J Sakimano, MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay, Turtleneck and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-12, 16:49

Maybe you are on to something.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-09-12, 18:28

I'm more excited to watch the game now.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2023-09-12, 18:32

How will the news of the week affect your pregame drinking?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-09-12, 18:42

I.B. Fine wrote:How will the news of the week affect your pregame drinking?
Um... it will be more disgruntled, less jovial... yet probably the same amount. Cause I probably have an issue I should address.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-09-12, 19:20

Nothing Earth shattering in this article, but is pretty clear Harlon is glad Coach D is there.

What will Mark Dantonio’s role be as Michigan State’s associate head coach?

(Coach D) was on the field for practice Monday and Tuesday
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-09-12, 19:22

Also this nugget

The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread 3493939353

Michigan State’s 2013 Rose Bowl winning team will also be honored that day and Dantonio will have an active role instead of simply enjoying the 10th anniversary of that squad.

FWIW, this was planned months ago
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-12, 20:34

kingstonlake wrote:MEH as in…

Make
Em
Hurt

Maul
Every
Husky

Amirite!

Mel’s
Ejaculating
Hurts
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-09-12, 20:50

Munn
E
sHot
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2023-09-12, 21:12

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:MEH as in…

Make
Em
Hurt

Maul
Every
Husky

Amirite!

Mel’s
Ejaculating
Hurts

That must have taken you a while...I bet you're all Tuckered out
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-13, 07:43

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Mel’s
Ejaculating
Hurts

That must have taken you a while...I bet you're all Tuckered out

38 minutes
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-13, 09:15

https://apnews.com/article/college-football-huskies-spartans-volunteers-gators-760982cc9df499d0b8c88ed7593f8bc2
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-13, 15:01

What kinda shit ass game time is 5 pm? What is this the fucking Wild West? Anything goes now because it’s streaming? Back in my day games started at 12, 330, then either 730 or 8 depending on how saucy they were feeling. What the hell is 5 pm? A safety valve for when the 330 games suck but the night games aren’t on yet? The future is now and the future sucks.

We should play all west coast teams at noon anyway. They don’t have a problem making us play at 1030 edt, so fuck em.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-13, 15:12

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What kinda shit ass game time is 5 pm? What is this the fucking Wild West? Anything goes now because it’s streaming? Back in my day games started at 12, 330, then either 730 or 8 depending on how saucy they were feeling. What the hell is 5 pm? A safety valve for when the 330 games suck but the night games aren’t on yet? The future is now and the future sucks.

We should play all west coast teams at noon anyway. They don’t have a problem making us play at 1030 edt, so fuck em.

Lemme blow your young mind, grasshopper: Back in my day, all games started at 1 p.m.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-13, 15:27

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What kinda shit ass game time is 5 pm? What is this the fucking Wild West? Anything goes now because it’s streaming? Back in my day games started at 12, 330, then either 730 or 8 depending on how saucy they were feeling. What the hell is 5 pm? A safety valve for when the 330 games suck but the night games aren’t on yet? The future is now and the future sucks.

Lemme blow your young mind, grasshopper: Back in my day, all games started at 1 p.m.
Yeah but daylight savings time didn’t start in the us until 1918 so in your day it was functionally the same time as noon games are today.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-09-13, 16:26

Dwags?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-13, 16:57

Washington football: Is the lack of a run game a concern?

https://thehuskyhaul.com/2023/09/13/washington-football-lack-run-game/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-13, 16:59

MSU’s 3 keys To Beating Washington: Game Preview

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/article/michigan-state-football-washington-huskies-game-preview-mel-tucker-mark-dantonio-harlon-barnett-216042707/

How Michigan State Football Can Upset No. 8 Washington

https://www.si.com/college/michiganstate/football/michigan-state-spartans-football-how-msu-can-beat-washington-huskies-091323
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-09-13, 17:28

The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread 3493939353 Dantonio already fixin’ shit!

The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread Img_4310
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-13, 17:43

Nordic wrote:The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread 3493939353 Dantonio already fixin’ shit!

I noticed the players doing the walk last week, complete with pennies on the Spartan. I thought Mel eliminated that?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-13, 17:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah but daylight savings time didn’t start in the us until 1918 so in your day it was functionally the same time as noon games are today.

Funny guy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-09-13, 17:55

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Funny guy.

Kickoff is at 12pm SST. I don't know what you folks are talking about.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-13, 18:50

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Funny guy.

Kickoff is at 12pm SST. I don't know what you folks are talking about.

Is that also Findlay Phoenix Prep time?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-09-13, 19:35

It is meh.

I regret turning down a family wedding for this game. I guess we're going all in.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-09-13, 19:51

Nordic wrote:The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread 3493939353 Dantonio already fixin’ shit!

What was different
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-09-13, 21:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

What was different

The team walked from Kellogg, down the path by Jenison, past Sparty and into the north tunnel of stadium under Dantonio. Not sure before that. We've tailgated along the path by Jenison for 10+ years. The team walking by 2hrs before kick was a sweet perk. Also a good timer for how much tailgating you had left.

Mel did it in 2021. But in 2022, he changed it up. They started taking a bus to Spartan Statue and walked from there. I got the impression he was trying to do something like Clemson. He messed with tradition and we all know how last year turned out.

Barnett/Dants bringing it back Kellogg. Old school. They know my liquored up ass will be there along them path giving them words of encouragement. Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-09-13, 22:14

Nordic wrote:

What was different

The team walked from Kellogg, down the path by Jenison, past Sparty and into the north tunnel of stadium under Dantonio. Not sure before that. We've tailgated along the path by Jenison for 10+ years. The team walking by 2hrs before kick was a sweet perk. Also a good timer for how much tailgating you had left.

Mel did it in 2021. But in 2022, he changed it up. They started taking a bus to Spartan Statue and walked from there. I got the impression he was trying to do something like Clemson. He messed with tradition and we all know how last year turned out.

Barnett/Dants bringing it back Kellogg. Old school. They know my liquored up ass will be there along them path giving them words of encouragement. Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

But didn’t Mel bring it back? There was video of the players tossing pennies at the feet of the Spartan last weekend. Although there is one thing different I’m aware of—Mel doesn’t allow the entire team to walk. Only a certain number are allowed. He also doesn’t let everyone dress for home games, which seems odd to me unless there’s a rule change I’m unfamiliar with.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-09-14, 00:18

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

But didn’t Mel bring it back? There was video of the players tossing pennies at the feet of the Spartan last weekend. Although there is one thing different I’m aware of—Mel doesn’t allow the entire team to walk. Only a certain number are allowed. He also doesn’t let everyone dress for home games, which seems odd to me unless there’s a rule change I’m unfamiliar with.

Jesus Christ greenway. Read it again. For fucks sake. Focus.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-14, 10:05

https://www.si.com/college/michiganstate/football/michigan-state-spartans-football-how-msu-can-beat-washington-huskies-091323
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-09-14, 10:11

Nordic wrote:

What was different

A bus from Kellogg to the Statue? WTF. He should have been fired for that alone.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-09-14, 10:17

NigelUno wrote:
Nordic wrote:

A bus from Kellogg to the Statue? WTF. He should have been fired for that alone.

Admittedly, I have a couple cocktails and Bud lights at every tailgate. But at no point last year did I realize the team was being dropped off at the statue. Which is only 40 or 50 yards away from my tailgate. Not one time last year that I know that was going on. I’m guessing bus drivers thought it was idiotic too
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-09-14, 10:18

5 pm what the fuck. What am I even supposed to do? Do I get raging drunk like a night game or do I have to hold back because I have obligations to take care of after the game? I can’t put the kids to sleep before the game like if it were at 8 or after the game like if it were 330. I guess I‘ll just have to check out for a bit around the fourth quarter to go take care of that. What the fuck fuck nbc fuck the peacock fuck all of this if there was a scheduling conflict they should have just moved the game to ford field and had it at a normal time
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn, Dendrobates and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-09-14, 10:42

tGreenWay wrote:

And they all counted one
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-09-14, 13:46

Are we wearing the all black kits this week?

[tw]1685076929160814592[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-09-14, 14:36

NigelUno wrote:Are we wearing the all black kits this week?

[tw]1685076929160814592[/tw]
The most meh pregame thread of all time: Washington pregame thread Full
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next