Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the bye week lead to a Houser start?

+2
CaptainSlow33
NigelUno
6 posters

Go down

Will Houser start @ Rutgers?

Will the bye week lead to a Houser start? Vote_lcap50%Will the bye week lead to a Houser start? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
Will the bye week lead to a Houser start? Vote_lcap50%Will the bye week lead to a Houser start? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

Will the bye week lead to a Houser start? Empty Will the bye week lead to a Houser start?

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-02, 10:37

Kim's played in 5 games. He's lost his chance to redshirt, and portal. Although he could still portal.

Houser has played in 4 games. He could still redshirt (and portal) to save a year.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will the bye week lead to a Houser start? Empty Re: Will the bye week lead to a Houser start?

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-02, 10:55

Harlon Barnett:

ON NOAH KIM’S PERFORMANCE AND MSU’S NEXT MOVES AT QUARTERBACK

"Good question. We have to watch the film very closely. We got two weeks, that’s a good thing, so we’ll talk. (Offensive coordinator) Jay (Johnson) and I and the offensive staff, we’ll all talk it through and see if there’s something that needs to be done, or not, and evaluate it being very, very realistic in evaluation and being very fair at the same time. And that’s with all of our guys. Everybody is always being evaluated and it’s always competition going on, so it’s no different for any other position."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will the bye week lead to a Houser start? Empty Re: Will the bye week lead to a Houser start?

Post by CaptainSlow33 2023-10-03, 11:39

Barnett has Dantonio whispering in his ear. Remember how long it took for Dantonio to move on from Maxwell? Kim is really bad at playing football, but I'd be willing to bet he will be the starter in 2 weeks. He probably shouldn't be, but I feel safe betting money that he will be.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-10-03, 14:07

This is on Houser. As a backup who wants a starting job, he needs to do two things:

1. Make the coaches comfortable starting him.
2. Beat out the starter.

Houser has been unsuccessful in at least one of those two areas. Coaches do make mistakes, but it's safe to say that Houser has a great opportunity to take the starting job and there's something he hasn't done yet.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-10-03, 14:42

I'm just happy there's a bye week.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2023-10-03, 14:52

The Pantry wrote:I'm just happy there's a bye week.

I feel like somehow we're still going to lose.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-10, 11:32

Harlon Barnett and Michigan State football players know who will start at QB vs. Rutgers

“We're still evaluating it. It’s a good competition going on. I'm doing my (Bill) Belichick again a little bit right now,” said Barnett, channeling his mentor, Belichick, who was his coach in the NFL. “It's gonna be good. Guys know where they stand and what's going to happen, and so we'll just leave it at that for now.”

Pressed further, Barnett added: “It's because we don't want anyone to know kinda, you know what I mean? But we know what we're gonna do, and we feel good about it. And so you'll see on Saturday.”

Will the bye week lead to a Houser start? 2599972566
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-10, 12:49

NigelUno wrote:Harlon Barnett and Michigan State football players know who will start at QB vs. Rutgers

“We're still evaluating it. It’s a good competition going on. I'm doing my (Bill) Belichick again a little bit right now,” said Barnett, channeling his mentor, Belichick, who was his coach in the NFL. “It's gonna be good. Guys know where they stand and what's going to happen, and so we'll just leave it at that for now.”

Pressed further, Barnett added: “It's because we don't want anyone to know kinda, you know what I mean? But we know what we're gonna do, and we feel good about it. And so you'll see on Saturday.”

If we can reduce the turnovers I like our chances.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-10-10, 13:32

NigelUno wrote:Harlon Barnett and Michigan State football players know who will start at QB vs. Rutgers

Damn it, someone, anyone please make a damn play. Just make a fucking play. Stand out, make us talk about it. Do something.

The same idiots who wanted Kim over Thorne are now wanting Hauser over Kim. Some geniuses now want an unseen freshman to start.

Know what? I don’t care. Just make a play. Name a season you can remember where you’re 5 games into it and there has t been one damn play that we’re not starting a thread about or talking about in the same thread. We have no play makers. No player that can make us say “holy shit”. Not one. This is the most pedestrian boring season I can recall

MAKE A PLAY!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-10, 14:56

DWags wrote:

Damn it, someone, anyone please make a damn play. Just make a fucking play. Stand out, make us talk about it. Do something.

The same idiots who wanted Kim over Thorne are now wanting Hauser over Kim. Some geniuses now want an unseen freshman to start.

Know what? I don’t care. Just make a play. Name a season you can remember where you’re 5 games into it and there has t been one damn play that we’re not starting a thread about or talking about in the same thread. We have no play makers. No player that can make us say “holy shit”. Not one. This is the most pedestrian boring season I can recall

MAKE A PLAY!

Rutgers is terrible. If we can't find some playmakers against them, I might have to hit some apple orchards/pumpkin farms on the weekends.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-10, 15:49

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

MAKE A PLAY!

Rutgers is terrible. If we can't find some playmakers against them, I might have to hit some apple orchards/pumpkin farms on the weekends.

I found a nice poets trail in our area. I’ve been going on some nice long walks on my Saturdays.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down