Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The “Our coach isn’t suspended for being a cheating asshole weirdo we’re gonna cover the spread MSU/Tattoo U game thread.

+11
Heat Miser
Pervis Muldoon
aualum06
GRR Spartan
Nordic
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The “Our coach isn’t suspended for being a cheating asshole weirdo we’re gonna cover the spread MSU/Tattoo U game thread.   - Page 2 Empty Re: The “Our coach isn’t suspended for being a cheating asshole weirdo we’re gonna cover the spread MSU/Tattoo U game thread.

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 20:56

Another special teams penalty. We're beating ourselves.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

The “Our coach isn’t suspended for being a cheating asshole weirdo we’re gonna cover the spread MSU/Tattoo U game thread.   - Page 2 Empty Re: The “Our coach isn’t suspended for being a cheating asshole weirdo we’re gonna cover the spread MSU/Tattoo U game thread.

Post by Heat Miser Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 20:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Don’t forget, we get the ball back to start the second half….

Ace in the hole. We've also got all 3 time outs to carry over.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 20:58

Side note: the green pant, white jersey, green helmet combination is the best MSU uniform color combination.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 20:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Side note: the green pant, white jersey, green helmet combination is the best MSU uniform color combination.

Looking good is half the battle. #truthbomb
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 21:01

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Another special teams penalty. We're beating ourselves.

An MSU tradition like no other

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 21:02

We might not cover.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 21:04

Turtleneck wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:Another special teams penalty. We're beating ourselves.

An MSU tradition like no other

Yeah...if not for a couple special teams miscues, we'd be right in this.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 21:10

Ryan Day: "I say all the time at halftime, you're either winning, losing or it's tied." I hate to say this, but I think he might be right.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 21:13

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Ryan Day: "I say all the time at halftime, you're either winning, losing or it's tied." I hate to say this, but I think he might be right.

Day is a Brady Hoke level philosopher.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 21:29

Keep Choppin boys
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 21:34

Held them to a FG! #littlewins
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 21:34

Remember, we were down 38-3 to Northwestern in 2006 before launching the greatest comeback in NCAA history.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 21:38

Go Green!
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 21:43

Go White!
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 22:04

Holding them to 3 points in the second half. #Barnett4HC
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 22:05

So, Leavitt taking a redshirt year? I guess that’s good. Maybe.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 22:11

NigelUno wrote:So, Leavitt taking a redshirt year? I guess that’s good. Maybe.
Good for his future. Has nothing to do with msu...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 22:14

Yay, there's no quit. What would the score be if there was quit?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 22:16

We can still cover
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 22:19

Missed FG! It's on now!
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 22:38

Have you guys watched Michigan versus Penn State, and then are you watching Michigan State versus Ohio State,? It looks like comparing the offenses and defensive lines of the big two schools, Michigan might win by double figures.

Ohio State might have a punchers chance by throwing out 50-50 balls, but the Ohio State wide receivers are going to have to have a Heisman Like games for Ohio State to beat Michigan. That’s the bad news. The good news is I think Georgia is a touchdown better than Michigan maybe more. And if Alabama can somehow beat Georgia and we have two schools from each conference in the playoffs the sec wins both. But Louisville will have to beat Florida State and Washington hast to get beat
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 22:46

DWags wrote:Have you guys watched Michigan versus Penn State, and then are you watching Michigan State versus Ohio State,? It looks like comparing the offenses and defensive lines of the big two schools, Michigan might win by double figures.

Ohio State might have a punchers chance by throwing out 50-50 balls, but the Ohio State wide receivers are going to have to have a Heisman Like games for Ohio State to beat Michigan. That’s the bad news. The good news is I think Georgia is a touchdown better than Michigan maybe more. And if Alabama can somehow beat Georgia and we have two schools from each conference in the playoffs the sec wins both. But Louisville will have to beat Florida State and Washington hast to get beat

All bets are off regarding SCum. Nobody knows how they'll do when they're not cheating (see TCU playoff game).
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 22:52

Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:Have you guys watched Michigan versus Penn State, and then are you watching Michigan State versus Ohio State,? It looks like comparing the offenses and defensive lines of the big two schools, Michigan might win by double figures.

All bets are off regarding SCum. Nobody knows how they'll do when they're not cheating (see TCU playoff game).

No, you know what they can do. They will put the game into a phone booth and beat the shit out of you. If you don’t get ahead of them in the first half, they will humiliate you. Bleed the clock and beat the hell out of you.

FFS, it is unheard of that you don’t have to throw a pass against a top ten team in the second half at their house! How is that possible?

Need to get up early against them. If not, you’re screwed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 22:54

DWags wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:Have you guys watched Michigan versus Penn State, and then are you watching Michigan State versus Ohio State,?  It looks like comparing the offenses and defensive lines of the big two schools, Michigan might win by double figures.

Ohio State might have a punchers chance by throwing out 50-50 balls, but the Ohio State wide receivers are going to have to have a Heisman Like games for Ohio State to beat Michigan. That’s the bad news. The good news is I think Georgia is a touchdown better than Michigan maybe more. And if Alabama can somehow beat Georgia and we have two schools from each conference in the playoffs the sec wins both.  But Louisville will have to beat Florida State and Washington hast to get beat

No, you know what they can do. They will put the game into a phone booth and beat the shit out of you.  If you don’t get ahead of them in the first half, they will humiliate you. Bleed the clock and beat the hell out of you.

FFS, it is unheard of that you don’t have to throw a pass against a top ten team in the second half at their house!  How is that possible?  

Meh. Come back when they win a game against a good opponent when they're not cheating.

And no, PSU doesn't count.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 22:58

Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:

No, you know what they can do. They will put the game into a phone booth and beat the shit out of you.  If you don’t get ahead of them in the first half, they will humiliate you. Bleed the clock and beat the hell out of you.

FFS, it is unheard of that you don’t have to throw a pass against a top ten team in the second half at their house!  How is that possible?  

Meh. Come back when they win a game against a good opponent when they're not cheating.

They’re built to beat OSU.  I don’t know that they can beat Georgia.

I absolutely hate those fuckers. If they all drop dead tomorrow, I could care less.  Penn State is a good defensive team. I can put my green glasses down enough to realize what a Michigan offense did to them in the second half.  If you love old school punch you in the face football watch that game again.  I loved what I saw. I hated that it was a Michigan.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 23:08

DWags wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I absolutely hate those fuckers. If they all drop dead tomorrow, I could care less.  Penn State is a good defensive team. I can put my green glasses down enough to realize what a Michigan offense did to them in the second half.  If you love old school punch you in the face football watch that game again.  I loved what I saw. I hated that it was a Michigan.

3 yards and a cloud of dust.
That won’t work against elite teams.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 23:10

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Ryan Day: "I say all the time at halftime, you're either winning, losing or it's tied." I hate to say this, but I think he might be right.

He wrote that down before the game. I saw him reading from an index card.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 23:15

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

It will if you don’t jump out on them early. If you let them have a lead they will take the second half and go 1st and ten , 2nd and six, 3rd and 2 on you all the way down the field. Come on guys. Michigan didn’t throw a pass in the second half. Are we really seeing that stat and not saying “holy shit”? What’s the average age and year of their Oline?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 23:16

Not gonna lie: I don’t like our bowl chances.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 23:32

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It will if you don’t jump out on them early. If you let them have a lead they will take the second half and go 1st and ten , 2nd and six, 3rd and 2 on you all the way down the field. Come on guys. Michigan didn’t throw a pass in the second half. Are we really seeing that stat and not saying “holy shit”? What’s the average age and year of their Oline?

They only scored 10 points in the 2nd half though. Possessions were a FG, 3 punts (including 2 three and outs), and a TD on a short field because Franklin is an idiot.
Not impressed. Penn State is a fraud.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 23:46

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

They only scored 10 points in the 2nd half though. Possessions were a FG, 3 punts (including 2 three and outs), and a TD on a short field because Franklin is an idiot.
Not impressed. Penn State is a fraud.

Did they need to score more? Their dline is pretty damn good too
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 23:47

Ohio state will beat them.

What’s gonna kill college football forever is when they make the playoff anyway on the back of 10 wins against nobodies and 1 win against a team that is basically a better version of Iowa.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 11 Nov 2023 - 23:50

I’m not saying Ohio State can’t beat Michigan. They most certainly can. But honestly God guys, if you can watch that second half, and not say Michigan absolutely humiliated Penn State, I’ve got nothing to say. Ohio State can win the game if they get a lead, and they keep the lead. If this ugly boring piece of crap, Michigan team takes the lead into the third quarter. Good luck trying to beat them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 12 Nov 2023 - 0:03

I’m not super well versed in Penn state but isn’t the quarterback like 3rd string or something?

If not then he’d be third sting on msu. He was terrible. And not in an everyone is covered way. In a this guy is open and I missed him by 7 feet way.

Keep in mind also that you just watched an Ohio state team that took their foot off the gas in the first quarter because it was over.

Also I’m saying osu will win because that’s what I want to happen
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 12 Nov 2023 - 0:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m not super well versed in Penn state but isn’t the quarterback like 3rd string or something?

If not then he’d be third sting on msu. He was terrible. And not in an everyone is covered way. In a this guy is open and I missed him by 7 feet way.

Keep in mind also that you just watched an Ohio state team that took their foot off the gas in the first quarter because it was over.

Also I’m saying osu will win because that’s what I want to happen

#1 rated QB in 2022. He's not played up to that ranking so far.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 12 Nov 2023 - 0:25

DWags wrote:I’m not saying Ohio State can’t beat Michigan. They most certainly can. But honestly God guys, if you can watch that second half, and not say Michigan absolutely humiliated Penn State, I’ve got nothing to say. Ohio State can win the game if they get a lead, and they keep the lead. If this ugly boring piece of crap, Michigan team takes the lead into the third quarter. Good luck trying to beat them.

Anyone know how many of the assistant coaches that Urbs had on staff stayed with Ryan Day? They don’t seem to be coached as well as they used to be, and yes, that’s me acknowledging how good Meyer was. (Coaching wasn’t the reason I opposed Urbs to MSU, so get that out of your skulls right now.) Day seems to be taking extra time to learn the ropes of being a HC at a powerhouse school like tOSU.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 12 Nov 2023 - 8:06

DWags wrote:I’m not saying Ohio State can’t beat Michigan. They most certainly can. But honestly God guys, if you can watch that second half, and not say Michigan absolutely humiliated Penn State, I’ve got nothing to say. Ohio State can win the game if they get a lead, and they keep the lead. If this ugly boring piece of crap, Michigan team takes the lead into the third quarter. Good luck trying to beat them.

Ohio State can throw the ball and come back. Penn State couldn't (and their Coach gave UM a TD on a 30 yard field).

You might be right. Maybe UM has the D to shut down any team if they have a lead. We'll see.

But, if you punt the ball 3 times in a half (including 2 Three and outs) and don't throw it, it tells me you don't trust your QB to make plays.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 12 Nov 2023 - 8:19

tGreenWay wrote:

Anyone know how many of the assistant coaches that Urbs had on staff stayed with Ryan Day? They don’t seem to be coached as well as they used to be, and yes, that’s me acknowledging how good Meyer was. (Coaching wasn’t the reason I opposed Urbs to MSU, so get that out of your skulls right now.) Day seems to be taking extra time to learn the ropes of being a HC at a powerhouse school like tOSU.
He’s 54-6, came within a hair of the nation championship, and would be riding a streak of like 7 big ten championships if not for michigans world historic cheating program. Day is doing fine.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2