Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+27
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
DWags
steveschneider
NigelUno
Trapper Gus
Robert J Sakimano
CaptainSlow33
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
GRR Spartan
duffy munn
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
Pervis Muldoon
Zurn
Dendrobates
MSU addict
Wally Fairway
MiamiSpartan
gomersbro
The Pantry
InTenSity
31 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 9 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:30 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
I hope you’re right my dude. You’re not. But I hope you are

So, your theory is that the Committee on Infractions (which already vetoed a 4 game suspension and other penalties for "hamburgers") will just roll over for an additional Level 1 violation (evidence of which may have caused Michigan to cave to a Big Ten suspension, and resulted in 1 staff member resigning, and another one being fired).

OK.  I guess we'll see.    
🫡
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 9 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by tGreenWay Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:34 pm

I stand with Nigel. Something else may happen. We don’t yet know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:35 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'm still waiting for the additional penalties for Louis Bullock... but you do you. We are all tooting for you.

Please stop tooting.

#TeamNigel
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:35 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'm still waiting for the additional penalties for Louis Bullock... but you do you. We are all tooting for you.

The wait is over.

Bullock was associated with the penalties that Michigan self-imposed and the NCAA accepted (along with Webber's more famous "loan"). I believe those included a 2 year post-season ban, vacating all or parts of 5 seasons, a loss of a scholarship, and other assorted stuff. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 9 2599972566
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:39 pm

We all stand with Nigel, we are just leary of seeing the same shit we've seen before... I hope Nigel is 100% correct and they grant W the championship based on systematic cheating. Knock um to D3. No scholarships. And they get sued by every sports book from here to Vegas. (And shot by the illegal ones)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:42 pm

NigelUno wrote:

The wait is over.

Bullock was associated with the penalties that Michigan self-imposed and the NCAA accepted (along with Webber's more famous "loan"). I believe those included a 2 year post-season ban, vacating all or parts of 5 seasons, a loss of a scholarship, and other assorted stuff. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 9 2599972566

They got those penalties prior to um paying for trailer and bullock (getting paid while the ncaa was investigating). They were supposed to come back for those penalties later.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:14 pm

I don’t have anything to add, but fuck Michigan
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay, DWags, AvgMSUJoe, Turtleneck, Jake from State Farm and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:18 pm

Nordic wrote:I don’t have anything to add, but fuck Michigan

I think Nordic speaks for all of us.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, AvgMSUJoe and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:07 pm

DWags wrote:

As always.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:12 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

The wait is over.

They got those penalties prior to um paying for trailer and bullock (getting paid while the ncaa was investigating). They were supposed to come back for those penalties later.

Pretty sure they vacated games Bullock played in.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:18 pm

DWags wrote:

I don’t know man, them are some ugly bitches.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:29 pm

JJ gone
[tw]1746596973124174086?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:50 pm

Ungrateful bastard. Didn’t even thank Conor Stalions
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:03 pm

I don’t think he’ll make a very good pro but not gonna be any hotter. I doubted stroud though and I was very wrong the truth is I don’t know what I’m talking about
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:04 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Ungrateful bastard. Didn’t even thank Conor Stalions

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 9 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5z4ue4nyphnrks4zb0in9mhe1mgr7az345zhwuis6&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:01 am

ESPN reporting Harbs is meeting with the Chargers today.

https://www.threads.net/@adamschefter/post/C2Ht-0rut2O/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:36 am

kingstonlake wrote:ESPN reporting Harbs is meeting with the Chargers today.

Chargers would certainly make sense for him. It's a pretty solid team that just needs a couple pieces to really compete.

I could be wrong, but I don't see him leaving Michigan. He is in the middle of a contract negotiation - an interview with the NFL could be the thing that scares Michigan into offering him a beefy contract, and coming in hot off the championship, I think they'd probably pay. He has already accomplished what Bo never did. If he stays in Ann Arbor, he could potentially eclipse Bo and become a legend. On the flip side, Michigan is losing some of the key players that got them that championship. His stock might never be higher. The only team I could see him jumping to the NFL for would be the Seahawks. He hates Pete Carroll so much that I could see him wanting to take over Pete's old team and win. Maybe I'm wrong on all of it, but I think he stays at Michigan.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:40 am

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Chargers would certainly make sense for him. It's a pretty solid team that just needs a couple pieces to really compete.

I could be wrong, but I don't see him leaving Michigan. He is in the middle of a contract negotiation - an interview with the NFL could be the thing that scares Michigan into offering him a beefy contract, and coming in hot off the championship, I think they'd probably pay. He has already accomplished what Bo never did. If he stays in Ann Arbor, he could potentially eclipse Bo and become a legend. On the flip side, Michigan is losing some of the key players that got them that championship. His stock might never be higher. The only team I could see him jumping to the NFL for would be the Seahawks. He hates Pete Carroll so much that I could see him wanting to take over Pete's old team and win. Maybe I'm wrong on all of it, but I think he stays at Michigan.

He's been trying to leave for 2 years. I wouldn't be shocked if the Chargers end up paying him less than what UM reportedly has offered.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:17 am

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

At Michigan he has nowhere to go but down.

Time to get out while his stock is up.

Read somewhere that only 4 of the starting 22 will possibly be at Michigan next year, so what Michigan's talent will be next year is a question.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:47 am

NigelUno wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

He's been trying to leave for 2 years. I wouldn't be shocked if the Chargers end up paying him less than what UM reportedly has offered.

It sounded like Minnesota was willing last year.

Chargers would be a team that wouldn't take a long time to field a winning product. If he jumps ship, he could possibly pick up some of his outgoing Michigan talent to fill in some weak spots on the Chargers roster. It makes sense, but my gut feels like he is staying put. As I said, very good chance I'm wrong - I'm wrong on most things, so...you know...grain of salt and all that.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:58 pm

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

I think this is an accurate assessment and would like to endorse this post.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

CaptainSlow33 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:06 pm

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Chargers would be a team that wouldn't take a long time to field a winning product. If he jumps ship, he could possibly pick up some of his outgoing Michigan talent to fill in some weak spots on the Chargers roster. It makes sense, but my gut feels like he is staying put. As I said, very good chance I'm wrong - I'm wrong on most things, so...you know...grain of salt and all that.

Harbaugh was willing. Minnesota was not once he opened his mouth at the interview.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:08 pm

NigelUno wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Harbaugh was willing. Minnesota was not once he opened his mouth at the interview.

No doubt very true.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:05 pm

According to Dan Wetzel, Harbaugh wants an immunity clause in his contract with Michigan. Essentially, he wants immunity from being fired for anything resulting from ongoing NCAA investigations. Funny thing to ask for from an innocent man…
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:16 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:According to Dan Wetzel, Harbaugh wants an immunity clause in his contract with Michigan. Essentially, he wants immunity from being fired for anything resulting from ongoing NCAA investigations. Funny thing to ask for from an innocent man…

Booger is using his interview with the Chargers to scare Michigan into making him untouchable. Let's see if they fall for it.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:18 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:According to Dan Wetzel, Harbaugh wants an immunity clause in his contract with Michigan. Essentially, he wants immunity from being fired for anything resulting from ongoing NCAA investigations. Funny thing to ask for from an innocent man…

Such a strange thing for UM/Bacon to leak.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:18 pm

Hearing rumors that Harbaugh is also talking to the Raiders. If so, the interviews with Hondo should be a laugh a minute.

"Coach, we all know you're a man of Christ..."
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay, duffy munn, Nordic and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:23 pm

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Booger is using his interview with the Chargers to scare Michigan into making him untouchable. Let's see if they fall for it.

That's been a rumor for awhile. Just a delay tactic. He's gone.

Not sure why UM would release it. There's no way they take it out of a contract.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:35 pm

NigelUno wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Not sure why UM would release it. There's no way they take it out of a contract.

He’s also asking to delay the new contract so the buyout is lower…he’s gone.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:38 pm

CaptainSlow33 wrote:Hearing rumors that Harbaugh is also talking to the Raiders. If so, the interviews with Hondo should be a laugh a minute.

While each is wearing a MAGA hat
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Robert J Sakimano like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:42 pm

duffy munn wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:Hearing rumors that Harbaugh is also talking to the Raiders. If so, the interviews with Hondo should be a laugh a minute.

While each is wearing a MAGA hat

Eating a disgustingly undercooked steak.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:53 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

He’s also asking to delay the new contract so the buyout is lower…he’s gone.

I'd call his bluff on the buyout. If he can't get hired now, he's never getting an NFL job.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:07 pm

Wait, how did this not get more coverage? Maybe I'm being petty, but I guess Jim Harbaugh is a little brother and a little brother. He couldn't get it done so he allegedly got his brother to make it work for him. I am posting this because UM fans are bragging that the Ravens will supply them with an endless number of brilliant defensive coaches. Anyway, all this says to me is that Jim is inept and couldn't get it done without John sending him coaches.

“Ravens the best team in the NFL, Michigan looks like the best team in college football, what’s the connection?” - Cowherd

“The connection runs so much deeper than anyone actually realizes. It goes back to the Covid year when there was talk when Jim Harbaugh was going to be fired. Michigan wanted to walk away from Jim and restart and do something else. And they stuck with him and he took that reduced contract, and Jim’s move, his switch, was calling his brother. He said ‘hey man, I have to get it right and I have to beat Ohio State specifically’. And he called John and said ‘I need your defense, give me two guys’. And John gave him Mike MacDonald and Jesse Minter. John said ‘choose one’. Jim told John ‘I don’t want to choose, both of these guys are great, I can take either one’. John says ‘ well you gotta choose and the other will go coordinate at Vanderbilt’. So Jim chooses Mike MacDonald and MacDonald was the defensive coordinator at Michigan for 2021. Jesse went to Vanderbilt in order to get coordinating experience from that tree. Mike then goes back to Baltimore after 2021 to become the defensive coordinator. So what does Jim do? ‘ Give me the other guy’. And so he brings in Jesse Minter. And now Jesse Minter and Mike MacDonald are both coordinating the two best defenses in football. And they’re running a very similar if not the exact same scheme. And now what you’re starting to see in the NFL and college ranks is that people are chasing down this scheme. They all want a piece of what’s going on. And what’s going on is that they built a run front with their defensive tackles, they play hard edges on the outsides with those rush ends, and they got hybrid players in the middle of their defense - linebacker, nickel, and safety - with good solid cover guys on the edge. And that’s what they’ve built, both of them. And they’re eerily similar and you’ve seen them dominate both levels of football in the NFL and college. And it goes back to that covid year - Jim calling John and saying ‘I want your two best best and brightest young guys’ and John gave them Mike MacDonald and Jesse Minter." - Joel Klatt

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:35 pm

national championship coach is inept?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:13 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:national championship coach is inept?

I never thought that Booger was worth the hype he got when he came in, but to call him inept is a bit of a reach. He's weird, and he hasn't turned out to be the indestructible genius he was hyped as when he was hired, but the guy got them 3 conference titles and a natty. Yeah, he lost to Mel Tucker twice, and a lot of his success probably has just as much to do with the assistants on his staff, but he is a good coach. When he inevitably makes the jump back to the league, I imagine he will do pretty well.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:35 pm

Definitely not inept the last three years. Did something change? Because to the best of my memory he was routinely out coached in big or even mid games.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:40 pm

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

I never thought that Booger was worth the hype he got when he came in, but to call him inept is a bit of a reach. He's weird, and he hasn't turned out to be the indestructible genius he was hyped as when he was hired, but the guy got them 3 conference titles and a natty. Yeah, he lost to Mel Tucker twice, and a lot of his success probably has just as much to do with the assistants on his staff, but he is a good coach. When he inevitably makes the jump back to the league, I imagine he will do pretty well.

I'm sure three years worth of cheating had nothing to do with it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:48 pm

When Harbaugh interviewed with the Vikings they opted to hire 0’Connell who is 20 years younger.

If he goes to the NFL it will to be for getting away from all the recruiting rules the NCAA can/might enforce. He knows NFL free agency is the only recruiting he may have to do compared to NIL negotiating to keep the best players on your roster annually.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:50 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:When Harbaugh interviewed with the Vikings they opted to hire 0’Connell who is 20 years younger.

If he goes to the NFL it will to be for getting away from all the recruiting rules the NCAA can/might enforce. He knows NFL free agency is the only recruiting he may have to do compared to NIL negotiating to keep the best players on your roster annually.

I think he's just leaving because he's petty.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:10 pm

I’d speculate that the NFL might not be as impressed with his natty/college career as the rest of the media heads are. He’s the same guy he’s always been. If anything he’s gotten more weird.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next