Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+27
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
DWags
steveschneider
NigelUno
Trapper Gus
Robert J Sakimano
CaptainSlow33
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
GRR Spartan
duffy munn
aualum06
Floyd Robertson
Pervis Muldoon
Zurn
Dendrobates
MSU addict
Wally Fairway
MiamiSpartan
gomersbro
The Pantry
InTenSity
31 posters

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by gomersbro 2023-11-11, 00:39

tGreenWay wrote:Scummers file for a TRO.

Michigan files for temporary restraining order against Big Ten's suspension of Jim Harbaugh

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/university-michigan/wolverines/2023/11/10/michigan-football-seeks-temporary-restraining-order-big-ten-jim-harbaugh-suspension/71530415007/

Maybe this was the big ten's plan. Get scUM to make it a legal case. Then you can use discovery to corroborate/find more evidence. Basically this step will lead to more problems for Michigan.

Or is this all just more wishing at this point.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 2 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-11, 01:30

gomersbro wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Scummers file for a TRO.

Michigan files for temporary restraining order against Big Ten's suspension of Jim Harbaugh

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/university-michigan/wolverines/2023/11/10/michigan-football-seeks-temporary-restraining-order-big-ten-jim-harbaugh-suspension/71530415007/

Maybe this was the big ten's plan. Get scUM to make it a legal case. Then you can use discovery to corroborate/find more evidence. Basically this step will lead to more problems for Michigan.

Or is this all just more wishing at this point.

Probably just wishing. But we already know umaa thinks it’s above being punished in the same way as other schools in the conference. In no way do scummers expect to be treated as if they were just one of the great unwashed in the B1G.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-11-11, 07:44

Looks like the case for the TRO has been reassigned to Carol Kuhnke. UM grad of course.

Back in 2017 she somehow evaded charges when her adopted son overdosed and died. He was a chronic addict. She said he would abuse whatever he could get his hands on.  She was storing her neighbors meds in a tool chest that her 17 year old son used in his OD. Neighbor said he gave her the meds cause they were left over from his surgery and “he didn’t know what to do with them”. She said she really didn’t know why she took them.

Just an example of the fine work and unbiased investigating that goes on in washtenaw county….

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/2017/03/prosecutors_attempt_to_disqual.html

The neighbor told the detective he was prescribed the medication after a surgery the year before, Raisanen wrote in the report. He didn't know what to do with the leftover pills and knew the judge and her wife had a tool chest with a lock, the report said.

"(He) stated that he doesn't know why he gave it to them," Raisanen wrote in the report. "He said he didn't want to flush it down the toilet. (He) stated he feels guilty that John may have used his medication."

The man said his wife gave the pills to their neighbors for safekeeping, according to the report. Raisanen interviewed the man's wife, who said she couldn't remember if she gave the pills to Judge Kuhnke or Janovic, according to the report. Janovic couldn't recall if it was she or the judge who took the pills from the neighbor, according to the report.

The man's wife said she gave the pills to the judge and Janovic because a family member has a substance abuse problem, Raisanen also wrote in the report.

Raisanen submitted his investigative report to prosecutors on Dec. 5, according to the report.

"Based on interviews, I have determined that Carol Kuhnke and Elizabeth Janovic knowingly possessed oxycodone at their r
esidence that was not prescribed to them," he wrote.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-11-11, 07:53

Denied UM a restraining order in April….

https://apnews.com/article/university-of-michigan-graduate-students-strike-c4d6a047880be17de154338cd0ae2960

Washtenaw County Judge Carol Kuhnke acknowledged that undergraduate students have been affected by the strike, but she said she doesn’t see evidence of “irreparable harm.”

Irreparable harm is an extremely high standard,” Kuhnke said.

We’ll see……
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-11-11, 07:58

Denied EMU a restraining order.

https://www.crainsgrandrapids.com/news/education/judge-denies-eastern-michigan-request-to-halt-faculty-strike/

Kuhnke wrote in an order dated Thursday that the court was not persuaded that the school would suffer “immediate and irreparable injury, loss, or damage” due to a delay in a final order being issued.

We’ll see…..
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-11-11, 08:01

Give them the restraining order, and then the NCAA issues a post season ban. That would be fun.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-11-11, 08:07

Motown Spartan wrote:Give them the restraining order, and then the NCAA issues a post season ban. That would be fun.

I keep dreaming that the B1G (which still has final rulings too I think) and the NCAA will drop the hammer of Michigan, making all their games for the last two years forfeits, fining them for twice all the sports revenue from football for the last two years, and banning the existing football coaches & staff permanently from college sports.

Clearly unlikely but I can dream...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-11-11, 08:11

Little doubt she'll tow the UM company line.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-11-11, 08:12

How can a judge with a straight face approve a restraining order based on immediate and irreparable harm when harbaugh is allowed to coach for 165 of the 168 hours in a week?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-11-11, 08:13

kingstonlake wrote:Looks like the case for the TRO has been reassigned to Carol Kuhnke. UM grad of course.

Back in 2017 she somehow evaded charges when her adopted son overdosed and died. He was a chronic addict. She said he would abuse whatever he could get his hands on.  She was storing her neighbors meds in a tool chest that her 17 year old son used in his OD. Neighbor said he gave her the meds cause they were left over from his surgery and “he didn’t know what to do with them”. She said she really didn’t know why she took them.

Just an example of the fine work and unbiased investigating that goes on in washtenaw county….

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/2017/03/prosecutors_attempt_to_disqual.html

The neighbor told the detective he was prescribed the medication after a surgery the year before, Raisanen wrote in the report. He didn't know what to do with the leftover pills and knew the judge and her wife had a tool chest with a lock, the report said.

"(He) stated that he doesn't know why he gave it to them," Raisanen wrote in the report. "He said he didn't want to flush it down the toilet. (He) stated he feels guilty that John may have used his medication."

The man said his wife gave the pills to their neighbors for safekeeping, according to the report. Raisanen interviewed the man's wife, who said she couldn't remember if she gave the pills to Judge Kuhnke or Janovic, according to the report. Janovic couldn't recall if it was she or the judge who took the pills from the neighbor, according to the report.

The man's wife said she gave the pills to the judge and Janovic because a family member has a substance abuse problem, Raisanen also wrote in the report.

Raisanen submitted his investigative report to prosecutors on Dec. 5, according to the report.

"Based on interviews, I have determined that Carol Kuhnke and Elizabeth Janovic knowingly possessed oxycodone at their r
esidence that was not prescribed to them," he wrote.

TBF, it was only an adopted son. It's a Michigan thing
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags, AvgMSUJoe and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-11-11, 08:24

Well played, Duffy.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-11-11, 16:38

Now huge amounts of bandwidth will be written about cheaters as underdogs.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-11-11, 16:42

It was hilarious watching Moore ball his eyes out. “This one’s for you coach harbaugh, I love you coach”.

Dude YOU’RE one of the reasons he watched the game from the bar at the No Tell Motel.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-11-11, 19:19

Listening to the NBC broadcast before the MSU/OSU game.

“Michigan has been through a lot”

Fuck that noise, anything they are “going through” is their own pathetic fault.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-11-11, 20:33

Motown Spartan wrote:Listening to the NBC broadcast before the MSU/OSU game.

All Champions have to fight through adversity
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-11-11, 22:04

What about what their opponents have been through the last 2.5 years, knowing that they were cheated out of a significantly better chance at victories because there wasn't an even playing field?

It's the same as the "don't punish the players" bullshit. What about the opposing players that have been punished by UM cheating. This isn't a victimless crime and the media needs to start talking about that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Motown Spartan, gomersbro, Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-11-11, 22:09

Nordic wrote:

All Champions have to fight through adversity

Champions*
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2023-11-12, 01:27

MiamiSpartan wrote:
It's the same as the "don't punish the players" bullshit. What about the opposing players that have been punished by UM cheating. This isn't a victimless crime and the media needs to start talking about that.

It is the same when I would catch people cheating when I was teaching. When they would state their case, my response was always to say I am responsible for all the other students too. When you cheat, then go out and show your stupidity in the workplace, it taints the degree of all the students. Cheating is NOT a victimless crime.
gomersbro
Spartiate

MiamiSpartan, DWags and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-11-12, 09:28

You know what, I kinda want the fucktards to win so the vacate will be even more painful. Like the non-existent final four banners. Everytime one of them spouts off, "CHEATHERS" would be associated with it. Then they need to que up the excuse greatest hits...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-11-12, 09:44

Yeah, they won't care about vacating. That's why they're doubling down now and trying to get an injunction. They want the glory of another B1G title, CFP berth, and possible NC.

A friend of mine is a Louisville fan. He still cherishes and talks about the national title even though it was vacated. Says it doesn't remove the enjoyment and memories from his head.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-11-12, 10:10

College football Week 11 grades: Michigan misses mark crying over Jim Harbaugh suspension

Michigan football being overdramatic? Bet

Give it up to the Michigan Wolverines. They went into a hostile environment at Penn State, in front of 110,856 mostly white-shirted fans, and came away with a 24-15 victory to keep their playoff hopes intact. If you have been living under a rock, this comes amid the backdrop of the Big Ten Conference suspending Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh while it investigates allegations of illicit sign-stealing by the program.

To emphasize their season-long delusion of being disrespected, team members wore "Michigan vs. Everybody" shirts for the flight to Happy Valley. The "everyone" in this case is the Big Ten, or whoever is complaining about Michigan's alleged cheating.

But nothing tops the absurd comments made after the win, headlined by this bit of eloquence from interim head coach Sherrone Moore:

"I want to thank the Lord, I want to thank Coach Harbaugh," Moore said. "(Expletive) love you, man. I love the (expletive) out of you, man. Did this for you. For this university, the president, our AD. We got the best players, best university, best alumni in the country.

"Love you guys. These (expletive) guys right here," Moore continued. "These guys right here, man. These guys did it. These guys did it, man."

Uh, OK. Be emotional. Fine. But remind us, again, why Harbaugh wasn't on the sideline for this game?

Besides, the "Free Harbaugh" thing was already done earlier this year − when the Michigan coach received a school-imposed three-game ban for "allegedly" running afoul of the NCAA and its recruiting standards, and lying to investigators about it. The T-shirt stunt was corny then, and it hasn't aged well.

So, please, go somewhere else with the "everyone is against us" nonsense. Better yet, if you are that pissed off about a lack of "due process," take your ball and go home and leave the Big Ten.

96 Tears: F

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2023/11/12/college-football-week-11-grades-michigan-jim-harbaugh-lsu/71553012007/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-11-12, 11:39

RIP Harbaugh.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-11-12, 12:44

JJ McCarthy's road to The Heisman took a major detour in Happy Valley.

Without Stalions' advanced scouting of knowing the Penn State defensive calls McCarthy had very pedestrian stats.
7/8 for 60 yards passing / 8 carries for 34 yards
That's 94 yards of combined offense

Meanwhile:

Michael Penix Jr. 24/42 for 332 yds / 2TD / 5 carries -14 yds 1TD

Bo Nix 23/31 for 412 yds / 4TD / 1 carrie for 5 yd

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-11-12, 16:41

GRR Spartan wrote:JJ McCarthy's road to The Heisman took a major detour in Happy Valley.

Without Stalions' advanced scouting of knowing the Penn State defensive calls McCarthy had very pedestrian stats.
That's 94 yards of combined offense

Meanwhile:

Michael Penix Jr. 24/42 for 332 yds / 2TD / 5 carries -14 yds 1TD

Bo Nix 23/31 for 412 yds / 4TD / 1 carrie for 5 yd

But it might bring him back next year. We don’t need that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-11-12, 16:49

DWags wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:JJ McCarthy's road to The Heisman took a major detour in Happy Valley.

That's 94 yards of  combined offense

Meanwhile:

Michael Penix Jr.  24/42 for 332 yds / 2TD / 5 carries -14 yds 1TD

Bo Nix  23/31 for 412 yds / 4TD / 1 carrie for 5 yd

But it might bring him back next year. We don’t need that.  

If his entire career has been him throwing against teams where he (or at least the coaches) knew what play the defense was running, he might be best to go before the myth is fully exposed.

Along similar lines, it will be interesting to see how UM players' draft positions might be affected if NFL teams take this into consideration.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-11-13, 09:00

[tw]1724060836921061542?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-11-13, 11:51

I never understood the impact that Jim Harbaugh has had on humanity. Every eulogy that I have read is just glowing with how amazing and perfect he was. Did you know he cured cancer but Ohio State hired a private investigator to debunk the rumor? He also brought peace to the Middle East but of course Hamas antagonized Israel into war because Ryan Day couldn’t let Jim take credit for peace.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-11-13, 13:52

at today's press conference:

Jim Harbaugh on Michigan: “They’ve gotta be America’s team. America loves a team that beats the odds, beats the adversity, overcomes what the naysayers, critics and so-called experts think. That’s my favorite kind of team.”

been saying it all along.. Trump 101.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Trapper Gus, Jake from State Farm and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-11-13, 13:59

On the contrary, everyone hates you. 

I think sometimes we forget when we get in spats with then how universally despised they are and that all we need to do is let them be them to win the court of public opinion.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-11-13, 14:13

You may remember this poster from when pelini was still at Nebraska. 

He’s pretty spot on. 

[tw]1723176621228572912[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-11-13, 16:29

[tw]1724131577389617593[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-11-14, 14:32

So like is that the extent of the scandal, because I need this to be much much bigger. Also, Finebaum turned on a dime. Do you think some media types know more but are holding back? I know he dislikes Harbaugh, but he was all about fairness and due process and then did a complete 180 without much explanation.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-11-14, 15:03

Turtleneck wrote:So like is that the extent of the scandal, because I need this to be much much bigger. Also, Finebaum turned on a dime. Do you think some media types know more but are holding back? I know he dislikes Harbaugh, but he was all about fairness and due process and then did a complete 180 without much explanation.
I figure there is a lot of off-the-record talk among media types, within the coaching ranks, etc. And I suspect they all have a pretty good handle on things.

I've been a believer since day one that this not only impacts UM and their win/loss total in the last couple of years, but I've often wondered about the exponential impact it's had in the world of legal gambling, how it has impacted NIL, the portal, etc.

In my mind, it has the fundamental makings of one of the biggest sports scandals in my lifetime. Will any of it ever be proven? I have no idea.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-11-14, 15:14

I am concerned this will be like the Kansas basketball scandal that took the he NCAA 373939 years to investigate, and by the time anybody is held accountable it won’t matter much.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-14, 15:17

Turtleneck wrote:I am concerned this will be like the Kansas basketball scandal that took the he NCAA 373939 years to investigate, and by the time anybody is held accountable it won’t matter much.

Apparently, the NCAA said its expedited investigation would be done by the end of fall. We’ll see.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-11-14, 21:56

It's not over. It will never be over. It's just starting.

Ok, it will be over at some point, but the other two points ring true.

The NCAA hasn't ruled. They'll be the ones that can do a lot more than the B1G, and supposedly are the ones that most of the findings from the PR firm went to.

Of course, we all know how the NCAA went full Birdbox in their investigation of UM basketball. But if they are similarly detailed in this investigation, then it may be up to the Feds again. And I'll be surprised if the Feds don't at least take a look considering the gambling impact.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-11-15, 09:56

MiamiSpartan wrote:And I'll be surprised if the Feds don't at least take a look considering the gambling impact.

Class action by anyone who lost money gambling on a um game in the last 3 years... that could bankrupt the athletic department.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Cameron, MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-15, 15:23

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:And I'll be surprised if the Feds don't at least take a look considering the gambling impact.

Class action by anyone who lost money gambling on a um game in the last 3 years... that could bankrupt the athletic department.

I was just wondering about that last night. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-11-16, 15:33

Breaking: UM accepts Big Ten's punishment, will end any sort of pending litigation.

Statement from the Big Ten
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-11-16, 15:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Breaking: UM accepts Big Ten's punishment, will end any sort of pending litigation.

Statement from the Big Ten

Avoiding a bigger punishment, for now.

My guess is he was facing a post season suspension so he took the regular season suspension. And…he’s gone next year.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and The Pantry like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next