Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who really knows what a Nittany Lion is anyway? MSU football is playing Penn State this Week Pre Game Thread - Any thoughts?

+9
Tyler Durden
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
CaptainSlow33
Zurn
NigelUno
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
13 posters

Go down

Who really knows what a Nittany Lion is anyway?  MSU football is playing Penn State this Week Pre Game Thread - Any thoughts? Empty Who really knows what a Nittany Lion is anyway? MSU football is playing Penn State this Week Pre Game Thread - Any thoughts?

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 7:38

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2023/11/michigan-state-closing-out-a-wild-season-amid-uncertain-future.html

I came across this - don't click it is typical blue wall shit.  It makes it sound like there has been a mad rush of players to the portal, however in reality there have been like four or five.  Honestly, Harland has done a good job holding onto the team.

As for the game I'm hoping the defense plays okay and the offense doesn't turn the ball over.

Likely some of the current coaches last game at MSU, er Detroit, so maybe they can go out in style.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 13:07; edited 2 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Who really knows what a Nittany Lion is anyway?  MSU football is playing Penn State this Week Pre Game Thread - Any thoughts? Empty Re: Who really knows what a Nittany Lion is anyway? MSU football is playing Penn State this Week Pre Game Thread - Any thoughts?

Post by Motown Spartan Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 7:51

Land Grant Trophy or Death!! Who’s with me?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn, AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Who really knows what a Nittany Lion is anyway?  MSU football is playing Penn State this Week Pre Game Thread - Any thoughts? Empty Re: Who really knows what a Nittany Lion is anyway? MSU football is playing Penn State this Week Pre Game Thread - Any thoughts?

Post by NigelUno Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 8:22

I like that it's Friday night.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 8:26

I will be heading down to the game. I'm still against the idea of moving one of our home games to Detroit but it's football and MSU and so I will be there. At least it will be warm!

We look better the last few weeks. Credit to HB and the staff for keeping the team together all the while knowing that they will all be fired on Saturday.

I think the game will be closer than some expect but don't see MSU overcoming the talent gap.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 8:35

MSU is dangerous. They have enough talent to keep it close, AND they have absolutely nothing to lose. Why not get weird and throw the entire playbook at PSU? A win vs PSU would do wonders to set an optimistic tone going into the off season. I personally don't see us pulling it off - as long as they put in a solid effort, I'll be happy.

Honestly, for as much as I griped about the team this year, the season really wasn't a complete failure. The players and coaches got thrown into a really bad situation when Hairy Palms gave them all the bad press by proxy - the win column doesn't reflect it, but the players never stopped fighting, and the coaches pulled off a mini miracle keeping the team together. We had some infuriating losses, but we were in all but 2 games right up until the very end. I'd really love to see the team and coaches get a win against a solid PSU team to close out the season and start to generate excitement for next year.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 8:49

https://apnews.com/article/penn-state-michigan-state-big-ten-a41994a4363879c4395dafbb2a34aa2c

Penn State needs to win the game to solidify its chances for a bid to a New Year’s Six bowl game. The Nittany Lions are sitting at No. 11 in the most recent College Football Playoff rankings. Penn State’s only losses were to top-three teams Ohio State and Michigan. An loss to Michigan State would likely knock the Nittany Lions out of contention for a bid to the Peach, Fiesta or Cotton bowls.

KEY MATCHUP
Penn State running back Kaytron Allen against Michigan’s State’s defense. Allen has a favorable matchup against the Spartan defense, which has several injuries to starters and allows 140.4 rushing yards per game. Allen, who had 82 yards on 21 carries in last year’s game, has 714 yards and six touchdowns with 4.9 yards per carry this season.

https://apnews.com/article/penn-state-michigan-state-football-f52fb467bc5d31a8770e739ade5edf89
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 8:57

Hope the game isn’t a turkey.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 9:49

What if they had a football game and nobody cared?

Might be a smaller crowd than the MAC Championships get.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 9:57

Pregame threads have a title format. Thanks for the L, Trapper. Some of you are intent on defying the cosmic laws of sports to MSU's detriment. It's very selfish.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:03

GRR Spartan wrote:What if they had a football game and nobody cared?

Lots of seats available. I'd be more tempted if it was cheaper for better seats, but once ticket master's fees are added in, it's a chunk of change to go downtown and potentially watch us get our dicks kicked in.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:05

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:What if they had a football game and nobody cared?

Lots of seats available. I'd be more tempted if it was cheaper for better seats, but once ticket master's fees are added in, it's a chunk of change to go downtown and potentially watch us get our dicks kicked in.

There are actually a limited number of seats available. Many of the empty seats are reserved for the extended family and friends of of MSU's next head football coach, Dan Enos.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:13

Turtleneck wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

There are actually a limited number of seats available. Many of the empty seats are reserved for the extended family and friends of of MSU's next head football coach, Dan Enos.

I heard that Dan the Man is going to be introduced at halftime. AD Haller is going to introduce Urban Meyer to midfield first, and then Urban is going to introduce the man himself. It's happening, you guys.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:16

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I heard that Dan the Man is going to be introduced at halftime. AD Haller is going to introduce Urban Meyer to midfield first, and then Urban is going to introduce the man himself. It's happening, you guys.

I heard the same thing. It is definitely happening!

Who really knows what a Nittany Lion is anyway?  MSU football is playing Penn State this Week Pre Game Thread - Any thoughts? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5lbq2645gpkvnwgef95k8fz23337a4sa3khmt0kmq&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:26

I got a free ticket last night so I'm going -- it's 15 mins from my house. Can't beat it

With a miracle win, MSU will finish with the same record as last year and a much tougher schedule. That's how bad of a job Tucker did

Last edited by Tyler Durden on Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:28; edited 1 time in total
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:27

Tyler Durden wrote:I got a free ticket last night so I'm going -- it's 15 mins from my house. Can't beat it

Do you want to fight about it?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:27

Motown Spartan wrote:Land Grant Trophy or Death!! Who’s with me?

How much would it cost Swillers to have a Land Grant Trophy bounce house created? What a fun way to tailgate before what many of us like to call The Game.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:28

Motown Spartan wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:I got a free ticket last night so I'm going -- it's 15 mins from my house. Can't beat it

Do you want to fight about it?
Obv
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:31

With a miracle win, MSU will finish with the same record as last year and a much tougher schedule. That's how bad of a job Tucker did

Park at the LCA ramp if you don't mind the walk. 15$ to park there, way, way more to park by Ford Field. Have an awesome time!
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:33

Next year, our end of season rivalry game will be vs. Rutgers.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:44

NigelUno wrote:Next year, our end of season rivalry game will be vs. Rutgers.
It was stupid Perles committed to this in the first place.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 10:47

Motown Spartan wrote:Land Grant Trophy or Death!! Who’s with me?

Fuck yeah Motown!
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 11:05

Wait, can we "retire" that God awful trophy now?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 11:28

NigelUno wrote:Next year, our end of season rivalry game will be vs. Rutgers.

Well, I do hate New Jersey. It's smells like Aqua Net, Maybelline, and cigarettes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 12:00

Turtleneck wrote:Pregame threads have a title format. Thanks for the L, Trapper. Some of you are intent on defying the cosmic laws of sports to MSU's detriment. It's very selfish.

Which is why this isn't an official pregame thread.  When one of the posters who starts pregame threads starts one that will be the first pregame thread for the game.

This is just some random posts while we all await a pregame thread.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 12:13

This is pregame thread content. So you want competing pregame threads? That will be a disaster not just for the football program but the entire university. Way to put accreditation at risk.

We already have competing 2023-24 basketball threads and the team has lost two games. The lack of focus on this board is why MSU will be stuck with Ron Zook as head coach instead of proven winner Dan Enos. Shameful stuff from supposed Spartan fans.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 13:03

Turtleneck wrote:This is pregame thread content. So you want competing pregame threads? That will be a disaster not just for the football program but the entire university. Way to put accreditation at risk.

We already have competing 2023-24 basketball threads and the team has lost two games. The lack of focus on this board is why MSU will be stuck with Ron Zook as head coach instead of proven winner Dan Enos. Shameful stuff from supposed Spartan fans.

Okay, well I was waiting for someone to start one, so I guess this is it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 13:14

Only half of the format is correct. We don't do partial credit here. F

No wonder the football team is a disaster. Look at the fans. I can't wait for Ron Zook!!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 13:17

Turtleneck wrote:Only half of the format is correct. We don't do partial credit here. F

No wonder the football team is a disaster. Look at the fans. I can't wait for Ron Zook!!

At least MSU has a good excuse if they lose?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 13:25

Trapper Gus wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Only half of the format is correct. We don't do partial credit here. F

At least MSU has a good excuse if they lose?

Poor message board execution is not a good excuse. This is sad. Please logoff and don't come back until you think about what you have done.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden Wed 22 Nov 2023 - 14:50

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Park at the LCA ramp if you don't mind the walk. 15$ to park there, way, way more to park by Ford Field. Have an awesome time!
Meh Uber is easier
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri 24 Nov 2023 - 0:42

I have four three extra tickets if anyone wants them. Buddy might take one. Free to tSwillers.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down