Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I really think Washington is better than Bama.

+8
Zurn
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Trapper Gus
kingstonlake
duffy munn
DWags
12 posters

Go down

I really think Washington is better than Bama.  Empty I really think Washington is better than Bama.

Post by DWags 2024-01-02, 12:18

So was Texas. Bama played like shit. I wouldn’t crown Michigan just yet.

I’m sure Michigan will be favored, but Washington isn’t sliced liver. They’ll really have to study blitz schemes and shorten some routes. But it’s not impossible guys. It’s doable. Great receivers and a much better quarterback who is mobile also.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

I really think Washington is better than Bama.  Empty Re: I really think Washington is better than Bama.

Post by duffy munn 2024-01-02, 12:29

Sliced liver Dwags?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, The Pantry, DWags and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

I really think Washington is better than Bama.  Empty Re: I really think Washington is better than Bama.

Post by kingstonlake 2024-01-02, 12:32

Man I hope so.

My concerns…..
Texas has zero ability to stop the pass so Penix looked fabulous of course.
Washington is serviceable against the run (41st ypg ) but cannot stop the pass (120th ypg ).
For comparison sake MSU was 86th in passing yards allowed.
Michigan is going to score a lot of points. It’s just a matter of Wash can score against a much better defense than Texas had.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-02, 12:34

Strength against strength, Washinton's O v Michigan's D

Weakness against weakness, Washington's D v Michigan's O
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-01-02, 12:36

If you were to rank the top 25 quarterbacks in the country, has Michigan played any of them yet? Maybe alabama guy sneaks in there around 22 or something.

Playing against a guy in the top 3 of such a ranking with competent wide receivers will be a new challenge for them that they haven’t seen this season.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-01-02, 12:36

Is this what Spartan and Buckeye fans tell themselves today to feel better about Michigan being on the verge of a Natty?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-01-02, 12:37

Things that give me a boner.
Bama gave up 49 sacks this year. Wash, 11. For context MSU gave up 25 sacks this year.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-01-02, 12:38

Motown Spartan wrote:Is this what Spartan and Buckeye fans tell themselves today to feel better about Michigan being on the verge of a Natty?

It’s one of many.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-01-02, 12:40

Washington 114th in total sacks. Sounds like they don’t get to the QB often.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-02, 12:43

kingstonlake wrote:Man I hope so.

My concerns…..
Texas has zero ability to stop the pass so Penix looked fabulous of course.
Washington is serviceable against the run (41st ypg ) but cannot stop the pass (120th ypg ).
For comparison sake MSU was 86th in passing yards allowed.
Michigan is going to score a lot of points. It’s just a matter of Wash can score against a much better defense than Texas had.

OTOH Michigan is a running team, not really a passing team, and less so now that they have reduced their cheating.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-02, 12:49

Washington threw for 430 yards against Texas.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-01-02, 12:55

Trapper Gus wrote:Washington threw for 430 yards against Texas.

Everyone does. I really think Washington is better than Bama.  3003718628
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-01-02, 12:57

Motown Spartan wrote:Is this what Spartan and Buckeye fans tell themselves today to feel better about Michigan being on the verge of a Natty?
Gotta tell yourself something or it’s gonna be a long week
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Polydorus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-01-02, 12:58

I gotta tell ya, I sort of like Washington's quiet swagger.

Nobody thought they would be Oregon the second time, they were the underdog last night. They didn't even hold a 'watch party' during CFP selection, as they knew they were in.. didn't feel the need to sit around and go through the ESPN rah rah stuff.

they just keep winning.

and, yes, they'll be the underdog next week which I suspect they are 100% okay with.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-01-02, 13:03

UM -4.5
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-02, 13:13

kingstonlake wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Washington threw for 430 yards against Texas.

Everyone does.  I really think Washington is better than Bama.  3003718628

Had to look that up, nope...next highest passing yards this season was 323, and Washington had fallen off in passing yards since MSU
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-01-02, 13:57

Trapper Gus wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Everyone does.  I really think Washington is better than Bama.  3003718628

Had to look that up, nope...next highest passing yards this season was 323, and Washington had fallen off in passing yards since MSU

Yeah that was hyperbole.

Wash 430
Hou 378
KSU 327
ISU 323
TCU 317
BAY 305

Point was Texas gives up a a ton of passing yards (hence them being ranked 113th in passing yards given up) to most opponents. Let alone an elite passing team.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-02, 14:00

kingstonlake wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Yeah that was hyperbole.

Wash 430
Hou 378
KSU 327
ISU 323
TCU 317
BAY 305

Point was Texas gives up a a ton of passing yards (hence them being ranked 113th in passing yards given up) to most opponents. Let alone an elite passing team.

Not the numbers I found but I'll pass on that, generally you are right...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-01-02, 14:18

Look for Michigan to try and control the number of Washington possessions by falling back on their run game. Much like they did in the 2nd half against PSU.

Any word on the availability of Washington's running back?
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-02, 14:19

Washington's D has been "good enought" in big games
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-02, 14:24

Zurn wrote:Look for Michigan to try and control the number of Washington possessions by falling back on their run game. Much like they did in the 2nd half against PSU.

Any word on the availability of Washington's running back?

They only have one?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-02, 14:50

Who really cares who the national champion is, if it’s not Michigan State? OTPT’s thread seemed so gloom and doom and miserable, I just wanted to point out I think Washington is better than Alabama. If I was to bet the game, I’d take Michigan and lay the points, but it’s not like there isn’t a path to victory for Washington.

If we see total points north of 40 I’d guess Washington wins. If Michigan just bullies them a d takes the air out of the ball I can see a 24-10 UofM victory

None of us want a UofM championship but I can’t be convinced they aren’t the best team in the country. Booger built himself a hell of a squad. 24 yr olds 6 yr seniors. Etc. it’s hard to put and keep a good team together. He did.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-02, 15:03

The best team is Georgia. They just picked a bad time to lose.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-01-02, 15:07

NigelUno wrote:The best team is Georgia. They just picked a bad time to lose.

When you have an offensive and defensive line like Michigan, you can pretty much hang with anybody anytime anywhere
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2024-01-02, 15:43

I'm curious to see what Penix will do against them. Washington's receiving core is not too shabby either. Milroe looked like crap in the first half, I had to double check to see if their starter was sitting out...

I still can't believe Saban thought they could run up the middle on that last play.....I really think Washington is better than Bama.  294152859
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-01-03, 12:54

I'm not going to dismiss Michigan's win, because I think they were absolutely better than Bama. Michigan didn't play well at all, and still came away with the win. I never really felt like Bama was the strongest team in the playoff. Michigan v Washington will be a good matchup. Go Huskies all day, but Michigan lines up very well against them. If you ignore the fact that one of the teams is Michigan, it's going to be a really fun game to watch. Or at least it should be. I also thought that Michigan lined up well against TCU last year and that ended up being a circus.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-01-03, 13:25

CaptainSlow33 wrote:I'm not going to dismiss Michigan's win, because I think they were absolutely better than Bama. Michigan didn't play well at all, and still came away with the win. I never really felt like Bama was the strongest team in the playoff. Michigan v Washington will be a good matchup. Go Huskies all day, but Michigan lines up very well against them. If you ignore the fact that one of the teams is Michigan, it's going to be a really fun game to watch. Or at least it should be. I also thought that Michigan lined up well against TCU last year and that ended up being a circus.

Bama didn't play well either, and were 1/2 yard away from coming up with the win.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-01-03, 13:49

Certainly less scouted than Alabama and Georgia.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down