Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death of Alaskan Airlines.

+3
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Death of Alaskan Airlines.  Empty Death of Alaskan Airlines.

Post by DWags 2024-01-08, 14:08

Lawyers on speed dial. WTF? Who makes this decision.

[tw]1744377345421562348?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Death of Alaskan Airlines.  Empty Re: Death of Alaskan Airlines.

Post by kingstonlake 2024-01-08, 14:10

Flew them once to Vancouver. All doors remained closed.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-01-08, 14:22

Good news for Boeing, but their stock is down $16 right now.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-01-08, 14:40

I heard the problem part was found in Portland by a guy named Bob. He got pretty far on his bike this weekend.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-01-09, 12:59

Due to manufacturing details, Boeing probably knows the name(s) of the employee(s) who was supposed to tighten the bolts to the specified torque.  They’ll know if the correct socket, tool and bolts were used.

But airlines who trusted Boeing after other 737Max incidents might be looking to move to Airbus A320 Neo to replace 737Max 9 that were ordered but not yet in production.

Boeing reputation has fallen from one of the most trusted manufacturers in the world after their reorganization to depend on less in-house moving to multiple levels of subcontractors.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-01-09, 13:30

GRR Spartan wrote:Due to manufacturing details, Boeing probably knows the name(s) of the employee(s) who was supposed to tighten the bolts to the specified torque.  They’ll know if the correct socket, tool and bolts were used.

But airlines who trusted Boeing after other 737Max incidents might be looking to move to Airbus A320 Neo to replace 737Max 9 that were ordered but not yet in production.

Boeing reputation has fallen from one of the most trusted manufacturers in the world after their reorganization to depend on less in-house moving to multiple levels of subcontractors.

Honestly, Airbus is just a better aircraft. Yes, they are a bit slower than their Boeing counterparts, but passenger comfort wasn't sacrificed in the design. I flew a 737-900ER and an A320 on my last trip. While both seats weren't as spacious as I would have liked, I didn't feel like I was folding myself into the A320 seat. Seat in the 737 was so cramped that I couldn't comfortably look out the window that was right next to me. I've yet to fly a Boeing aircraft that I liked better than its Airbus counterpart.

For an industry where safety comes first and foremost, the amount of halfassery involved in the manufacturing of the 737Max is completely unacceptable.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-01-09, 13:36

I read a report today that United and American both found loose bolts on the plug doors of several aircraft in their Max 9 fleet after doing quick visual inspections. Also seeing reports that pilots that flew the Alaska jet in question reported a pressurization warning light on 3 different flights before the incident. I don't think that this will be a death blow for Alaska or Boeing, but heads are certainly going to roll at both companies.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

I.B. Fine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-01-09, 16:21

Motown Spartan wrote:Good news for Boeing, but their stock is down $16 right now.

Not so fast my friend.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/01/08/united-airlines-737-max-9-inspections-turn-up-loose-bolts.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down