Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Louisiana drops us as the third game next fall. Put anyone but CMU there in their place.

+14
Cameron
Nordic
CaptainSlow33
Trapper Gus
MSU addict
steveschneider
GRR Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
duffy munn
kingstonlake
Pervis Muldoon
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Motown Spartan
18 posters

Go down

Louisiana drops us as the third game next fall.   Put anyone but CMU there in their place.  Empty Louisiana drops us as the third game next fall. Put anyone but CMU there in their place.

Post by DWags Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 15:07

I’m good with never playing Central Michigan in any sport or helping them out whatsoever in the future. As a matter of fact, I think they should pay us back for the football game last fall. I really hope we have enough alumni that would put pressure on our athletic department to eliminate central Michigan from any competition with MSU ever again.

Unless, of course, they give up names and apologize to us publicly
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron, tGreenWay, Pervis Muldoon, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Louisiana drops us as the third game next fall.   Put anyone but CMU there in their place.  Empty Re: Louisiana drops us as the third game next fall. Put anyone but CMU there in their place.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 15:08

Fuck the chips. Play western, give them the money.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Louisiana drops us as the third game next fall.   Put anyone but CMU there in their place.  Empty Re: Louisiana drops us as the third game next fall. Put anyone but CMU there in their place.

Post by Motown Spartan Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 15:08

CUM is on the schedule for 2027.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 15:10

We need some kind of public campaign to let our administration know we will never be interested again.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 15:56

DWags wrote:We need some kind of public campaign to let our administration know we will never be interested again.

I’ll take a look later to see if we can start a petition on change.org. CMU can go fuck itself. They can suckle on umaa’s teat from now on.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 16:09

What ever came of that? I forgot about Stalions being on the CMU sideline at SS.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 16:09

What ever came of that? I forgot about Stalions being on the CMU sideline at SS.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 16:27

Maybe a team like New Mexico State?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 16:40

Oregon State would be fun.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 16:42

Turtleneck wrote:What ever came of that? I forgot about Stalions being on the CMU sideline at SS.

That part of the story fell off my radar, too. Can someone be in charge of occasional reminders that we need to hate those assholes?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 16:58

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:What ever came of that? I forgot about Stalions being on the CMU sideline at SS.

That part of the story fell off my radar, too. Can someone be in charge of occasional reminders that we need to hate those assholes?

It appears to be being stonewalled, just like all the rest of Michigan's cheating.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 16:58

Nothing happened. Chips said they’d look into it and never ever followed up at all ever again.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 20:03

Cold case. Just like Blake Corums name appearing on an LLC with him.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 20:46

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:We need some kind of public campaign to let our administration know we will never be interested again.

I’ll take a look later to see if we can start a petition on change.org. CMU can go fuck itself. They can suckle on umaa’s teat from now on.

I'll E sign
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 10 Jan 2024 - 20:49

tGreenWay wrote:

Let’s do this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 11 Jan 2024 - 11:27

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Let’s do this.

... shouldn't we start with refusing to play um (due to the unchecked cheating scandals around the program)... then working our way down to their accomplices?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 11 Jan 2024 - 11:29

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
DWags wrote:

Let’s do this.

... shouldn't we start with refusing to play um (due to the unchecked cheating scandals around the program)... then working our way down to their accomplices?

My guess is that if MSU did this then MSU would be fined for at least as much as the game is worth and probably banned from representing the B1G in bowl games.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 11 Jan 2024 - 11:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
DWags wrote:

Let’s do this.

UofM is in conference. We have to. We owe central nothing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 11 Jan 2024 - 12:34

MAC team schedules for 9/14

Akron v. Colgate (MSU can offer big money, but they might not want to give up a home game, 2-10 this year)
BSU @ Miami (that is probably a pay day they want to keep on the schedule, 4-8)
BGSU open (7-6, lost to Minnesota by six in the Quick Lane Bowl)
Buffalo v. UMass (similar to Akron but it is an FBS game, 3-9)
CMU @ Illinois (kind of a stale matchup but they might prefer to travel EL instead, 5-7)
EMU v. Jacksonville State (similar to Buffalo, 6-7, lost by 49 to Southern Alabama in the Ventures Bowl)
Kent State @ Tennessee (same as BSU, 1-11)
Miami v. Cincinnati (it's a big home game for Miami they probably don't want to give up, 11-3)
Northern Illinois open (Lombardi's 54 year college career is over, 7-6, beat Arkansas state in the Camellia Bowl)
Ohio v. Morgan State (Similar to Akron, 10-3)
Toledo at Miss. St. (The other MSU might be able to convince them to switch it up, 11-3)
WMU. Bethune-Cookman (similar to Akron, 4-8)

I am sure options are limited given timing, but I would prefer a unique out-of-state matchup. The in-state MAC games are getting boring. Not because MSU is better or anything like that, it's just too regular.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 11 Jan 2024 - 12:53

If it’s CMU be sure to be provide extra sideline passes.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 11 Jan 2024 - 13:06

I like Nigel's NMSU idea. MSU could market it as a throwback game, MAC Aggies v. NMSU Aggies.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Thu 11 Jan 2024 - 13:31

Turtleneck wrote:MAC team schedules for 9/14

Akron v. Colgate (MSU can offer big money, but they might not want to give up a home game, 2-10 this year)
CMU @ Illinois (kind of a stale matchup but they might prefer to travel EL instead, 5-7)
EMU v. Jacksonville State (similar to Buffalo, 6-7, lost by 49 to Southern Alabama in the Ventures Bowl)
Miami v. Cincinnati (it's a big home game for Miami they probably don't want to give up, 11-3)
Northern Illinois open (Lombardi's 54 year college career is over, 7-6, beat Arkansas state in the Camellia Bowl)
Toledo at Miss. St. (The other MSU might be able to convince them to switch it up, 11-3)

I am sure options are limited given timing, but I would prefer a unique out-of-state matchup. The in-state MAC games are getting boring. Not because MSU is better or anything like that, it's just too regular.

BGSU all day, every day. Northern Illinois can be dangerous with a high powered offensive attack. I know that you have to compete with the best to become the best, but I'd rather limit the possibility of getting pants'd by a MAC opponent early in the season.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Thu 11 Jan 2024 - 13:33

Turtleneck wrote:I like Nigel's NMSU idea. MSU could market it as a throwback game, MAC Aggies v. NMSU Aggies.

I like this. I'm a fan of doing more non-conference games against western teams. I'm guessing that we'll be trying to recruit heavily from the western US, so more press exposure out there could be a good thing.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 11 Jan 2024 - 14:02

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

BGSU all day, every day. Northern Illinois can be dangerous with a high powered offensive attack. I know that you have to compete with the best to become the best, but I'd rather limit the possibility of getting pants'd by a MAC opponent early in the season.

This for sure.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 12 Jan 2024 - 6:27

CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Correct. The weaker the ooc schedule the better.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 12 Jan 2024 - 8:41

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I like Nigel's NMSU idea. MSU could market it as a throwback game, MAC Aggies v. NMSU Aggies.

I like this. I'm a fan of doing more non-conference games against western teams. I'm guessing that we'll be trying to recruit heavily from the western US, so more press exposure out there could be a good thing.

I get your press angle, but exposure still will be limited
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 7:50

Caught this when reading the Brian Allen article:

Michigan State still paying $1.1M in total after finding FCS replacement

TLDR: We cancelled the game with Louisiana and paid them $600,000 to do so - so we could schedule Prairie View? Seriously WTF, have we fallen so far that we are afraid of the Ragin' Cajuns

MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 8:06

When will MSU stop being "the good guy" and look out for its own interests?

Switching the schedule to help out other teams with no benefit to MSU is nuts.

The change to Michigan State’s schedule is fallout from Army joining the American Athletic Conference in football for the 2024 season and the need to replace its previously scheduled nonconference games, including one against Wake Forest. The Demon Deacons already had an FCS opponent on the schedule (North Carolina A&T) and NCAA rules state only one win against an FCS opponent can count toward bowl eligibility.

Michigan State didn’t have an FCS team on the schedule for 2024 so, with the involved parties in agreement, the changes were made for Louisiana to face Wake Forest while the Spartans host Prairie View A&M. It will be the first matchup between the Panthers and Michigan State.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 8:07

MSU addict wrote:Caught this when reading the Brian Allen article:

TLDR: We cancelled the game with Louisiana and paid them $600,000 to do so - so we could schedule Prairie View? Seriously WTF, have we fallen so far that we are afraid of the Ragin' Cajuns

Weren't the Ragin Cajuns an early loss for our previous Coach John Smith? Not too surprising that our current Coach John Smith would want to avoid similar outcomes.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 9:58

I'm outraged by all of this.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 10:05

Soooooo we are paying the same amount of money at the end of the day for a schedule filler. Who gives a fuck?

Three years ago, Michigan State agreed to pay Louisiana $1.1 million to fill the last open date on the 2024 football schedule.....

Michigan State, which formally canceled a Sept. 14 game against Louisiana, will pay Prairie View A&M $500,000 for playing at Spartan Stadium that same date and Louisiana will get $600,000 after it swapped out playing in East Lansing for a game at Wake Forest on Sept. 28, according to documents obtained by MLive via a Freedom of Information Act request.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 11:16

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
MSU addict wrote:Caught this when reading the Brian Allen article:

TLDR:  We cancelled the game with Louisiana and paid them $600,000 to do so - so we could schedule Prairie View?  Seriously WTF, have we fallen so far that we are afraid of the Ragin' Cajuns  

Weren't the Ragin Cajuns an early loss for our previous Coach John Smith? Not too surprising that our current Coach John Smith would want to avoid similar outcomes.

I believe that was Louisiana Tech.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 11:40

Cameron wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

Indeed it was. I left that game with 5 minutes left saying “oh yeah games over no problem” I got back to my dorm and went to read a recap of the game and was thoroughly confused
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 13:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Indeed it was. I left that game with 5 minutes left saying “oh yeah games over no problem” I got back to my dorm and went to read a recap of the game and was thoroughly confused

So it was your fault.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 13:54

I thought we were supposed to play LSU and got really confused as to why we would pay them.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 14:02

InTenSity wrote:I thought we were supposed to play LSU and got really confused as to why we would pay them.

I would not pay LSU to come up here and kick our ass. (least for the next couple of years)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 14:13

tGreenWay wrote:

So it was your fault.
Wanted to beat the rush to the international center greenway. I think it was the correct choice. If we had won that game maybe dantonio never gets hired. Ever think about that? Or are you too busy with your selfish shortsighted goals of winning a football game played in 2003?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 22 Feb 2024 - 14:17

tGreenWay wrote:

So it was your fault.
Wanted to beat the rush to the international center greenway. I think it was the correct choice. If we had won that game maybe dantonio never gets hired. Ever think about that? Or are you too busy with your selfish shortsighted goals of winning a football game played in 2003?

Thinking only ever gets me in trouble.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down