Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..

+5
DWags
NigelUno
aualum06
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
9 posters

Go down

Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..  Empty Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-10, 17:16

multiple ejections, maybe a suspension or two. About 10 players sent to the locker room for the rest of the game.

Play has been stopped for about 15 minutes as they sort it out.

also, I'm always "Team Dawn Staley" - that lady form LSU is a fuckin' lunatic.

Game on ESPN - 7 point game with 2+ minutes left.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..  Empty Re: Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-10, 17:30

Let’s go cocks!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..  Empty Re: Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..

Post by aualum06 2024-03-10, 19:10

Let's not act like Staley isn't crazy too but yeah LSU Kim is nuts
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-10, 19:35

Wish our team had that fire.

(The Men's team.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-10, 20:32

NigelUno wrote:Wish our team had that fire.

(The Men's team.)

I was thinking that. You said it.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-10, 20:37

aualum06 wrote:Let's not act like Staley isn't crazy too but yeah LSU Kim is nuts

First thing she did when interviewed court side after the game was apologize for what happened. Said that’s not the type of game we want to promote. She handled it professionally and took accountability.

I know that gremlin for LSU was more than likely an ass wipe about it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-10, 21:11

kingstonlake wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Let's not act like Staley isn't crazy too but yeah LSU Kim is nuts

First thing she did when interviewed court side after the game was apologize for what happened. Said that’s not the type of game we want to promote. She handled it professionally and took accountability.

I know that gremlin for LSU was more than likely an ass wipe about it.
yeah, that Mulkey lady seems like she's about one more MAGA pamphlet from becoming totally unhinged.

be interesting if they were to meet again in the big tournament.

What Staley has done is incredible. Lost all 5 starters to the WNBA last year, lines up another 5 this season and is not only the unanimous #1 team in the country but is undefeated while doing it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-10, 22:06

As expected.

“I wish she would have pushed Angel Reese,” Mulkey said. That was uncalled for in my opinion. Let those two girls that were jawing, let them go at it.”

As expected. Literally promoting violence.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-10, 22:10

This is how you handle it.

“I just want to apologize to the basketball community. When you’re playing in championship games like this, in our league? Things get heated,” said Staley. “No bad intentions. Their emotions got so far ahead of them that, sometimes, these things happen.

I want to apologize for us playing a part in that because that’s not who we are and that’s not what we’re about,” Staley said. “I’m happy for the players that were able to finish the game and get us another championship.”
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-03-10, 22:33

This thread fails to deliver. Where's the f-bombing video?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-10, 23:10

Mulkey is the Majorie Taylor Greene of D1 women’s coaches. Her players reflect her. No mention of Angel Reese pulling an SC players hair.

It was bound to happen with LSU’s women’s team this season. They are still a competitive team but they ain’t rolling team like the did in 22-23 season.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-03-11, 00:03

I had no idea women's hoops was so political.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-11, 09:46

Nordic wrote:I had no idea women's hoops was so political.

It just easy to find shitty people to hold up as examples from that world.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-11, 10:30

Kim Mulkey could teach Deion a thing or two about self promotion.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-11, 11:05

LSU is 0-16 against SC? Maybe it’s time to pull a bad boys strategy and get SC off their game? Playing straight up isn’t working.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-11, 15:53

not political so much as a comment on American society.

imagine the reaction if a black female coach had said something that promoted violence on the basketball court between student-athletes.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-11, 16:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
not political so much as a comment on American society.

imagine the reaction if a black female coach had said something that promoted violence on the basketball court between student-athletes.

Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..  200.gif?cid=ddb306a5yj3eg6fndiz7wbxev0ekbh3p997u4yw2j12byx02&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-11, 16:51

DWags wrote:LSU is 0-16 against SC? Maybe it’s time to pull a bad boys strategy and get SC off their game? Playing straight up isn’t working.

LSU wasn't on par with South Carolina until Mulkey came back. SC has lost 3 conference games in the last 5 years. Clarkie knocked them out in the Final Four last year with 41 points.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-11, 17:10

LSU player's brother arrested for jumping the scorers table and coming onto the court.

You can't do that, brah.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-11, 17:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:LSU player's brother arrested for jumping the scorers table and coming onto the court.

You can't do that, brah.

Pretty sure that player (who got slammed) was the one whose mom got into it with Reese's mom earlier this year. And for all of Mulkey's talk about wishing Reese had been pushed...Reese pulled Cardoso's hair earlier, and Reese just walked completely the other way while her whole team went to scrap.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-11, 17:25

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:LSU is 0-16 against SC? Maybe it’s time to pull a bad boys strategy and get SC off their game? Playing straight up isn’t working.

LSU wasn't on par with South Carolina until Mulkey came back. SC has lost 3 conference games in the last 5 years. Clarkie knocked them out in the Final Four last year with 41 points.

Doesn't LSU have the player from Louisville now?

Anyway, I watched some of both games the other day. SC will be very hard to beat. Tons of athletes. Big and fast. But the fun game to watch was NEB, IOWA. that was the best game I've seen Men or Women so far this year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-11, 17:27

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Doesn't LSU have the player from Louisville now?

Anyway, I watched some of both games the other day. SC will be very hard to beat. Tons of athletes. Big and fast. But the fun game to watch was NEB, IOWA. that was the best game I've seen Men or Women so far this year.

Yes. She actually ran right up to the South Carolina player. Reese bailed. That gets noticed in the locker room.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-24, 11:23

Apparently there's a big story about to drop on Mulkey and, man, is she whining about it. Whatever it is, she's not happy. Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..  502811600

Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..  276803595
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-24, 11:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Apparently there's a big story about to drop on Mulkey and, man, is she whining about it. Whatever it is, she's not happy. Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..  502811600

An Iowa vs. LSU matchup will get crazy hype if it happens next week.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-24, 12:23

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Apparently there's a big story about to drop on Mulkey and, man, is she whining about it. Whatever it is, she's not happy. Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..  502811600

An Iowa vs. LSU matchup will get crazy hype if it happens next week.
it will and I'll be rooting like hell for the Clarkeyes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-24, 14:38

South Carolina beating UNC by 40.

😲
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-24, 15:18

Has to be some very uncomplimentary things about Kim Mulkey for her announce her intention to sue the Bezos owned WaPo.

Suing a multi-billionaire who’s got billion$ in server farms is the 21st century equivalent of never argue with someone who buys ink by the barrel.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-24, 16:43

GRR Spartan wrote:Has to be some very uncomplimentary things about Kim Mulkey for her announce her intention to sue the Bezos owned WaPo.

Suing a multi-billionaire who’s got billion$ in server farms is the 21st century equivalent of never argue with someone who buys ink by the barrel.
she's not real smart

And I'm willing to bet that, based on her reaction before the story is even published, it's 100% true.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-24, 17:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Has to be some very uncomplimentary things about Kim Mulkey for her announce her intention to sue the Bezos owned WaPo.  

she's not real smart

And I'm willing to bet that, based on her reaction before the story is even published, it's 100% true.

My 26 year old was 3 years old a d I was home with her.  Everything was good.   I didn’t think we had any major rules to follow.   so I’m watching golf on TV and she walks by me and stops right in front of me and says, “ daddy, I don’t know why my breath smells like chocolate, because mama told me not to eat any chocolate”.  

Now, she could’ve came walking by me, licking three Hershey’s chocolate bars, and I wouldn’t have cared. But, she added that sentence when she stopped in front of me, and I knew she was guilty of breaking a rule her mom had told her to follow.    The lesson here is sometimes it’s good just to shut your mouth and go about your business.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-03-24, 18:35

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
 she's not real smart

My 26 year old was 3 years old a d I was home with her.  Everything was good.   I didn’t think we had any major rules to follow.   so I’m watching golf on TV and she walks by me and stops right in front of me and says, “ daddy, I don’t know why my breath smells like chocolate, because mama told me not to eat any chocolate”.  

Now, she could’ve came walking by me, licking three Hershey’s chocolate bars, and I wouldn’t have cared. But, she added that sentence when she stopped in front of me, and I knew she was guilty of breaking a rule her mom had told her to follow.    The lesson here is sometimes it’s good just to shut your mouth and go about your business.

Which your 26 y.o. quickly learned. Can you imagine the hell she raised you never knew about?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-25, 09:44

"it was a guided tour of the Capitol.. did you hear me?!? A GUIDED TOUR"!!!

Pretty Wild Scrap at the LSU vs South Carolina Women's Game..  Mulkey10
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-25, 10:00

Is that what the story is going to be all about?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-25, 10:14

DWags wrote:Is that what the story is going to be all about?

I doubt it, but I'd be willing to bet she's in the top 1% of enthusiasm as it relates to the pro-freedom, pro-jesus, pro-gun MAGA republican/libertarian christian patriots.

my guess is that it's a lengthy history on verbal and some physical abuse with players/former players. She's already laid the foundation regarding "disgruntled" players, so there's that.

I know, too, that when she was at Baylor, she also said some things about sexual assault allegations against football players at Baylor that sounded a whole like defending the football players and blaming the alleged victims. So, it's pretty on brand with the current state of the republican/libertarian patriotic ilk.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-03-25, 10:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I doubt it, but I'd be willing to bet she's in the top 1% of enthusiasm as it relates to the pro-freedom, pro-jesus, pro-gun MAGA republican/libertarian christian patriots.

my guess is that it's a lengthy history on verbal and some physical abuse with players/former players. She's already laid the foundation regarding "disgruntled" players, so there's that.

I know, too, that when she was at Baylor, she also said some things about sexual assault allegations against football players at Baylor that sounded a whole like defending the football players and blaming the alleged victims. So, it's pretty on brand with the current state of the republican/libertarian patriotic ilk.

If I recall, she wasn't exactly sympathetic regarding Griner being in custody in Russia.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-25, 10:29

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

If I recall, she wasn't exactly sympathetic regarding Griner being in custody in Russia.
that, too.

an overall loathsome human being.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-25, 18:14

Remember, when you could pretty much go chalk the whole way on the women’s bracket? It’s changing. Which is good for the sport
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-25, 19:26

Everything from her duplicity making sure Griner and at least one other Baylor players keep their sexual preferences on the down low, not testing her LSU team during COVID so they wouldn’t have to report any positive tests, refusing to comment when Griner was incarcerated in Russia and more.

It’s been common knowledge that Mulkey is more than tough, she can be vindictive towards people she thinks aren’t loyal to her.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-30, 21:41

Link to WaPo article that Mulkey was trying to stop with preemptive legal threats.

It documents her capable of holding decades long grudges, being a selective homophobe (you can play for me but stay in the closet) and a COVID denier I didn’t read anything libelous.

Kim Mulkey is a conundrum. She recruits players she suspects or knows are gay, doesn’t approve of their lifestyle choice.

Louisiana State is a good place for her.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/03/30/kim-mulkey-lsu-griner-reese/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down