Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed

+6
AvgMSUJoe
Travis of the Cosmos
Trapper Gus
Cameron
Motown Spartan
tGreenWay
10 posters

Go down

Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed Empty Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-03, 02:07

The magazine says EJ is worth $1.2 billion. Gilbert and Ishbia also on the list.

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/31808/lansing-native_magic_johnson_makes_forbes_world_s_billionaire_list_for_2024
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed Empty Re: Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-04-03, 05:36

Do we still hate billionaires?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed Empty Re: Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed

Post by Cameron 2024-04-03, 06:22

Yes.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, The Pantry, duffy munn and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-04-03, 07:38

Ergo we hate Magic?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-04-03, 07:45

Unfortunately, yes. If he gets real charitable and gets down to $999,999,999 then he can get back in my good graces.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-03, 07:48

We hate the economic system that allows that to happen while poor people are struggling.

Raise taxes on the wealthy and provide support for the poor.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

AvgMSUJoe and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-04-03, 08:12

Trapper Gus wrote:We hate the economic system that allows that to happen while poor people are struggling.

So we don’t hate Magic nor billionaires?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-03, 08:19

Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed Wesley-snipes
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-03, 08:25

Motown Spartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:We hate the economic system that allows that to happen while poor people are struggling.

Hate the system, not the people in it.

OTOH haven't heard of Magic being an ass like some of our imported wealthy people.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-03, 08:27

Oh stop it trapper don’t act like the system is some mythological thing not controlled by people. It is controlled and defended by people, specifically billionaires. Whom we very much hate and we don’t have to make any concessions to that.

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2024-04-03, 08:36; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-03, 08:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Oh stop it trapper don’t act like the system is some mythological thing not controlled by people. It is controlled and defended by people, specifically billionaires. Whom we very much hate and we don’t not have to make any concessions to that.

I in on that point of view, too.

My collective hate of people who have bought into the neo-lib/con ideal of making all government services private knows no bounds.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-03, 08:35

Trapper Gus wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Oh stop it trapper don’t act like the system is some mythological thing not controlled by people. It is controlled and defended by people, specifically billionaires. Whom we very much hate and we don’t not have to make any concessions to that.

I in on that point of view, too.

My collective hate of people who have bought into the neo-lib/con ideal of making all government services private knows no bounds.

Aka billionaires who don’t want to be taxed on the money they’ve stolen from people. Fuck every last one of them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-04-03, 08:36

Jesus taught me to love my enemies.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-04-03, 08:37

Motown Spartan wrote:Jesus taught me to love my enemies.

You are much older than I realized. Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed 969504605
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-03, 08:39

I thought I made this clear

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed Wesley-snipes
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-04-03, 08:40

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed Wesley-snipes

So we should shoot the ones we love? That doesn’t seem very Jesuslike.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-03, 08:44

Motown Spartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

So we should shoot the ones we love? That doesn’t seem very Jesuslike.

Shoot whomever you damn well please Motown I don’t care
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-04-03, 08:58

Motown Spartan wrote:

We hate billionaires that treat wealth as a dick measuring competition while real good can be done with said wealth. Since we have tried to rely on their good graces for it to bubble down to those in need (including the general public) without headway... Govt.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-03, 09:36

That’s all billionaires. Once you wrap your head around just how much money a billion dollars is, it’s truly obscene for one person to have that much. It is not possible to get to that level without viewing it as a dick measuring contest
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-03, 09:52

I generally reserve my hatred of rich people for the ones that are white.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-03, 10:06

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That’s all billionaires. Once you wrap your head around just how much money a billion dollars is, it’s truly obscene for one person to have that much. It is not possible to get to that level without viewing it as a dick measuring contest

I’ve pretty much been a poor all my life. And because I’ve been a poor all my life, I always am puzzled by people that want to keep on working when they acquire that much money

I guess I’m just the type that would say screw it this is enough, my job would be philanthropy, of my choosing.

After that, I would sure have a lot of time to visit with friends, listen to their stories, find out about their lives, share their successes. But I certainly won’t be pushing myself anymore.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano and duffy munn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-03, 10:24

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:That’s all billionaires. Once you wrap your head around just how much money a billion dollars is, it’s truly obscene for one person to have that much. It is not possible to get to that level without viewing it as a dick measuring contest

I’ve pretty much been a poor all my life.   And because I’ve been a poor all my life, I always am puzzled by people that want to keep on working when they acquire that much money  

I guess I’m just the type that would say screw it this is enough, my job would be philanthropy, of my choosing.

After that, I would sure have a lot of time to visit with friends, listen to their stories, find out about their lives, share their successes.   But I certainly won’t be pushing myself anymore.
I think often of a line from The Grapes of Wrath that illustrates poor people and their struggle, even as they achieve a certain amount of modest success in life:

If you're in trouble, or hurt or need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.  

the point being that they know what it's like to be in trouble, or hurt or in need. And if/when they can, they'll be the ones more likely to provide assistance and support because they see themselves in you.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-03, 10:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

I’ve pretty much been a poor all my life.   And because I’ve been a poor all my life, I always am puzzled by people that want to keep on working when they acquire that much money  

After that, I would sure have a lot of time to visit with friends, listen to their stories, find out about their lives, share their successes.   But I certainly won’t be pushing myself anymore.
I think often of a line from The Grapes of Wrath that illustrates poor people and their struggle, even as they achieve a certain amount of modest success in life:

If you're in trouble, or hurt or need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.  

the point being that they know what it's like to be in trouble, or hurt or in need. And if/when they can, they'll be the ones more likely to provide assistance and support because they see themselves in you.

I think I learned that lesson when I was 14 years old working as a bus boy at my friends dad’s restaurant in Manistee. We all knew the families in Manistee, who they were , what they did for a living , where they lived . Regular customers on regular days

You know, as a boy, you clean the table up, wipe it down, set the table back up, give the waitress or waiter their tips. All of us always noticed that the guys that drove the city plows or worked in the factories or were custodians up at the school, left bigger tips than the bankers, the lawyers, the dentists in our town. Not 100% of the time, but mostly.

I tried not to judge anybody, because no matter what your position is in life you don’t know what that person or family is going through financially or emotionally at the time, but it just seemed like too much of a coincidence
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, gomersbro and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-04-03, 11:25

What’s the dream for basically all of us if we were to win the lottery? It’s to fuck off your job and go live on an island or something somewhere. Maybe pursue a passion.

A billionaire gets that same amount of money and keeps buying lotto tickets to try to win it again. They are genuinely not well in the head. You see the pictures of some lonely old ladies house and see that she’s a hoarder, there’s shit piled up everywhere that she mentally could not bring herself to throw out because of a mental illness. We can wrap our heads around the fact that that person is mentally unwell and needed help. But a billionaire does the same thing, they just hoard their precious money and take more more more because they can and can’t understand doing anything else. They are mentally unwell people.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-03, 11:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What’s the dream for basically all of us if we were to win the lottery? It’s to fuck off your job and go live on an island or something somewhere. Maybe pursue a passion.

A billionaire gets that same amount of money and keeps buying lotto tickets to try to win it again. They are genuinely not well in the head. You see the pictures of some lonely old ladies house and see that she’s a hoarder, there’s shit piled up everywhere that she mentally could not bring herself to throw out because of a mental illness. We can wrap our heads around the fact that that person is mentally unwell and needed help. But a billionaire does the same thing, they just hoard their precious money and take more more more because they can and can’t understand doing anything else. They are mentally unwell people.
yeah, when I retire (I have about 8 years), it's imperative that I work somewhere, even just 15-20 hours/week.

beyond doing some volunteering, I'll drive myself (and my wife) crazy otherwise. Probably do something working outside for East Lansing Parks and Rec or Ingham County Parks and Rec.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-04-03, 11:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What’s the dream for basically all of us if we were to win the lottery? It’s to fuck off your job and go live on an island or something somewhere. Maybe pursue a passion.

yeah, when I retire (I have about 8 years), it's imperative that I work somewhere, even just 15-20 hours/week.

beyond doing some volunteering, I'll drive myself (and my wife) crazy otherwise. Probably do something working outside for East Lansing Parks and Rec or Ingham County Parks and Rec.

Exactly what I tell myself with a shorter timeline and a different set of parks. I'm tired of being a decision maker and problem solver; just let me whack some weeds and pick up trash a few hours a week. I'll be able to fill the rest of the time no problem.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-03, 11:40

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Exactly what I tell myself with a shorter timeline and a different set of parks. I'm tired of being a decision maker, just let me whack some weeds and pick up trash a few hours a week. I'll be able to fill the rest of the time no problem.
yep. Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed 969504605

I also see the East Lansing sidewalk snow plow guy in the winter.. just driving around clearing sidewalks in town - that would be pretty fly, too.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-03, 11:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I will be a ranger on a golf course Bob. But not the polite ranger who talks about the beautiful day. Rather the smashmouth ranger who insists you move it the fuck along or face my wrath. And the first guy a spot wearing khakis is really in for it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Robert J Sakimano, The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-03, 12:06

Here’s what happens when you retire guys: your day somehow becomes shorter. At one point in my life, I was running a statewide business., coaching a sport, and being a high school administrator. I dropped one job. I looked back after a couple of months and asked myself how I possibly could’ve done all three at once. When I dropped the second job, I looked back after I was done with it for a couple months and wondered how I could possibly have done two jobs at once.

Finally, I’m sitting around the house wondering why my last remaining job takes so much of my damn time during the day.

Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed 502811600 then you throw in how the hell you were able to raise children.
don’t get it. But it’s a really weird phenomena.

Once my leg heals, I think I’m going to help my daughter out and work with the Special Olympics in our area. I think you just have to get out of the house and do something.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Robert J Sakimano like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-03, 12:08

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah, when I retire (I have about 8 years), it's imperative that I work somewhere, even just 15-20 hours/week.

I will be a ranger on a golf course Bob. But not the polite ranger who talks about the beautiful day. Rather the smashmouth ranger who insists you move it the fuck along or face my wrath. And the first guy a spot wearing khakis is really in for it.
Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed 502811600

"you best get to movin'.. don't make me tell you again"...

Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed 200.gif?cid=ddb306a52qv28p8lmx9mejviw6ytb5xe5jkwad9uuokffk9i&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-03, 12:09

DWags wrote:Here’s what happens when you retire guys: your day somehow becomes shorter. At one point in my life, I was running a statewide business., coaching a sport, and being a high school administrator. I dropped one job. I looked back after a couple of months and asked myself how I possibly could’ve done all three at once. When I dropped the second job, I looked back after I was done with it for a couple months and wondered how I could possibly have done two jobs at once.

Finally, I’m sitting around the house wondering why my last remaining job takes so much of my damn time during the day.

Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed 502811600 then you throw in how the hell you were able to raise children.

Once my leg heals, I think I’m going to help my daughter out and work with the Special Olympics in our area. I think you just have to get out of the house and do something.

what's the timeline on you healing up?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-03, 12:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Here’s what happens when you retire guys: your day somehow becomes shorter. At one point in my life, I was running a statewide business., coaching a sport, and being a high school administrator. I dropped one job. I looked back after a couple of months and asked myself how I possibly could’ve done all three at once. When I dropped the second job, I looked back after I was done with it for a couple months and wondered how I could possibly have done two jobs at once.

I was on a good pace. I was in a walking boot and going to physical therapy.. I of course overdid the physical therapy, busted the area where the sutures had been where they had put the plate in my leg. And because I’m an idiot, I let it get infected and of course it went to the plate. so two Fridays ago I had more surgery, took out a couple screws, cleaned it up really well kept me in the hospital for a week. Now the doctor is saying the bone is completely healed, but he’s not gonna let me take it out of a cast until the end of April, because he told me I was an asshole with my physical therapy. (he’s a Spartan. He can talk to me that way.). The infectious doctor called me today and said that my blood work came back pretty damn good and I should just keep giving myself antibiotics for the next couple of weeks

Realistically, probably walking again by June 1

It’s a bitch

Thanks for axin.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-03, 12:24

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I was on a good pace.  I was in a walking boot and going to physical therapy..  I of course overdid the physical therapy, busted the area where the sutures had been where they had put the plate in my leg.  And because I’m an idiot, I let it get infected and of course it went to the plate.  so two Fridays ago I had more surgery, took out a couple screws, cleaned it up really well kept me in the hospital for a week.   Now the doctor is saying the bone is completely healed, but he’s not gonna let me take it out of a cast until the end of April, because he told me I was an asshole with my physical therapy.  (he’s a Spartan. He can talk to me that way.).  The infectious doctor called me today and said that my blood work came back pretty damn good and I should just keep giving myself antibiotics for the next couple of weeks  
ugh - this is when it's a good thing that nobody will ever confuse me with being an 'overachiever'.

Realistically, probably walking again by June 1  

It’s a bitch  

Thanks for axin.
just in time for warmer weather. Earvin makes Forbes list of World Billionaires for ‘24; other Spartans listed 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-04-03, 14:42

Fyi, the most expensive real estate sale in Mi last year was 10 million.
https://archive.ph/yK1qS

You could have 4 homes like that all over the country and a plane to fly you to them and still only need 100-150 million....

So, shit if i won one of these lotteries, even with me living the high life id still be able to give away the vast majority.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down