Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The political hodge podge thread

+12
msugolfguy
Jake from State Farm
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Motown Spartan
DWags
sεяεηιτλ
kingstonlake
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
Trapper Gus
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 4 Apr 2024 - 15:18

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Which is why I’m doing what I can to get Joe Biden re-elected.

And Slotkin, FWIW.

And every non-maga down to the dog catcher.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Floyd Robertson, DWags, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Cameron Fri 5 Apr 2024 - 7:20

[tw]1776006590711079096[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 5 Apr 2024 - 7:48

Cameron wrote:[tw]1776006590711079096[/tw]

It's okay to be leftist as long as you vote for democratics in the general, if you don't you are just aiding the RWNJ's.

By all means, try to elect leftists during the democratic primaries so you can vote for them in the general.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 5 Apr 2024 - 9:39

Cameron wrote:[tw]1776006590711079096[/tw]
Just be a realist.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 21:29

This guy has some good ones

[tw]1777466250853257582?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 9 Apr 2024 - 13:44

[tw]1777456111618085119[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 9 Apr 2024 - 14:51

That’s all well and good.  So I checked to see which candidates the generations  xyz and, as this guy said. “Black and brown people” have given us to vote for in November.  

I’ll be damned.  

Again, I’m voting in November.  I’ll vote for who I think will do best for women’s rights fun restriction foreign policy educational access.

Those gens and ethnicities I hope do the same.  Or not. At this point it’s just white noise

Since I gamble, I’ll give anyone in this thread or that comedian the field. I get Biden and Trump.  100 dollar bet.  

Guess who will win that bet.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Tue 9 Apr 2024 - 21:05

DWags wrote:That’s all well and good.  So I checked to see which candidates the generations  xyz and, as this guy said. “Black and brown people” have given us to vote for in November.  

I’ll be damned.  

Again, I’m voting in November.  I’ll vote for who I think will do best for women’s rights fun restriction foreign policy educational access.

Those gens and ethnicities I hope do the same.  Or not. At this point it’s just white noise

Since I gamble, I’ll give anyone in this thread or that comedian the field. I get Biden and Trump.  100 dollar bet.  

Guess who will win that bet.

"White" noise? Classic racist liberal/MAGA response.

/s

Yes, it was funny in my head.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Zurn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue 9 Apr 2024 - 21:44

TravelinMan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

No, dumbass, I don't want Trump to win. I don't know how many fucking times I have to say it for it to penetrate your useless skull. And I don't hate EVERYTHING Genocide Joe has done. But I DO hate that he is failing to do a great many things which are in his power to do that would reduce the suffering in Gaza.

In one thread we have people moaning that we don't want this place to turn into another Wells Hall, and yet the second you so much as question anything in the gospel according to the far left, you are labeled a MAGA supporter.  Brilliant.

What cheese you having with that whine TravelinMan.

You show up here on a regular basis to poke and when you get poked back you talk about Wells.  

Your persona here is the same it was on Wells right down to playing dog in the manger when your smarmy comments followed by Just kidding or Trying to be funny gets a response.

You want to make fun of the bottom 30% ?  Don’t be shocked when you’re called out.

Our current student loan mess began with Richard Nixon cutting Federal funds for post HS education.  That was followed by state GOP governors and legislators taking that cue and cutting state support using the justification that not everyone goes to college.  Since 1980 there’s been a seismic shift to “shared costs” which was supported by the student loan industry.

Many of the same folks wringing their hands about Biden’s efforts at student debt relief had wealthy families paying for their education (See Betty DeVos, Trump and all their children) or like former fiscal hawks like Denny Hastert, (family business depended on farm subsidies) or Paul Ryan whose family got SS survivor benefits to pay for college then worked to reduce those benefits for others.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 8:00

GRR Spartan wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

In one thread we have people moaning that we don't want this place to turn into another Wells Hall, and yet the second you so much as question anything in the gospel according to the far left, you are labeled a MAGA supporter.  Brilliant.

You show up here on a regular basis to poke and when you get poked back you talk about Wells.  

Your persona here is the same it was on Wells right down to playing dog in the manger when your smarmy comments followed by Just kidding or Trying to be funny gets a response.

You want to make fun of the bottom 30% ?  Don’t be shocked when you’re called out.

Our current student loan mess began with Richard Nixon cutting Federal funds for post HS education.  That was followed by state GOP governors and legislators taking that cue and cutting state support using the justification that not everyone goes to college.  Since 1980 there’s been a seismic shift to “shared costs” which was supported by the student loan industry.

Many of the same folks wringing their hands about Biden’s efforts at student debt relief had wealthy families paying for their education (See Betty DeVos, Trump and all their children) or like former fiscal hawks like Denny Hastert, (family business depended on farm subsidies) or Paul Ryan whose family got SS survivor benefits to pay for college then worked to reduce those benefits for others.

So many of the people who are complained about student loan debt relief went to school back before the "shared costs" era and instead had those shared costs paid for by the federal and state government payments directly to the schools, but either are unaware of that fact, will not admit that fact or who are SOB's.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 8:46

GRR Spartan wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I've always been a gouda man, myself. Pairs nicely with a big, bold, cab. Although with warmer weather on the way (I mean summer, not global warming) you've got to look at nice sauv blanc paired with a soft cheese such as brie (a little too stereotypical for me) or camembert.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 8:51

TravelinMan wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

I've always been a gouda man, myself. Pairs nicely with a big, bold, cab. Although with warmer weather on the way (I mean summer, not global warming) you've got to look at nice sauv blanc paired with a soft cheese such as brie (a little too stereotypical for me) or camembert.

Better get used to those warm weather pairing.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 9:04

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Better get used to those warm weather pairing.

That's why I like my roses chilled, Trap. I know some people don't, but I see the future on the wall and I think it's the only way to serve them.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 9:19

There are alternate spellings on that...

rosé is the French version

rosa is common in the US

There are as many types rosa's as there are types grapes, as it is a method of wine making,  not a grape.

The wineries up by Traverse City do a Rosa in May event where you buy a pass and a glass and then you can sample all their Rosa's all though May. It is a good way to explore Rosa's made from different types of grapes.

I have had them across the tempature ranges and prefer most of them just below room temp but not ice cold
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 9:25

Trapper Gus wrote:There are alternate spellings on that...

rosa is common in the US

There are as many types rosa's as there are types grapes, as it is a method of wine making,  not a grape.

The wineries up by Traverse City do a Rosa in May event where you buy a pass and a glass and then you can sample all their Rosa's all though May. It is a good way to explore Rosa's made from different types of grapes.

I have had them across the tempature ranges and prefer most of them just below room temp but not ice cold

I don't know how to make fancy accents on my text. Sorry. And no one I know calls it "rosa" in the U.S. Sorry, man.

Mission Peninsula is very pretty and some of the wines produced there are almost drinkable. Sadly I see far too many bachelorette parties from Chicago making noise and ruining the ambiance. I am staunchly a California red and New Zealand white kind of guy.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 9:35

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:There are alternate spellings on that...

rosa is common in the US

The wineries up by Traverse City do a Rosa in May event where you buy a pass and a glass and then you can sample all their Rosa's all though May.  It is a good way to explore Rosa's made from different types of grapes.

I don't know how to make fancy accents on my text.  Sorry.  And no one I know calls it "rosa" in the U.S.  Sorry, man.

Mission Peninsula is very pretty and some of the wines produced there are almost drinkable. Sadly I see far too many bachelorette parties from Chicago making noise and ruining the ambiance.  I am staunchly a California red and New Zealand white kind of guy.

To make dythongs on words try using a search engine and copying the word with the mark from a different site, Word also has various ways of doing it, so type it in word and copy.

Okay, US spelling is split on the what-e-ness of the how of the spelling.  Look it up, like I did, as your spelling didn't seem best usage to me.

Spanish & Italian use the Rosa...

You don't work, if you go during the week you avoid the wine tasting busses. Lelanaw country actually has more wineries so if you have only been on Mission you have missed a bunch...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 9:49

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I don't know how to make fancy accents on my text.  Sorry.  And no one I know calls it "rosa" in the U.S.  Sorry, man.

Mission Peninsula is very pretty and some of the wines produced there are almost drinkable. Sadly I see far too many bachelorette parties from Chicago making noise and ruining the ambiance.  I am staunchly a California red and New Zealand white kind of guy.

To make dythongs on words try using a search engine and copying the word with the mark from a different site, Word also has various ways of doing it, so type it in word and copy.

Okay, US spelling is split on the what-e-ness of the how of the spelling.  Look it up, like I did, as your spelling didn't seem best usage to me.

You don't work, if you go during the week you avoid the wine tasting busses.

I don't work, but most of my friends do. :sad:

Given my typing skills, I'm lucky I got all four characters right, let alone trying to add accents or umlauts. I'm gonna call it good.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 9:54

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Given my typing skills, I'm lucky I got all four characters right, let alone trying to add accents or umlauts. I'm gonna call it good.

Just to note my comment about Lelanaw above.

I'm always there to support my SO's ways of amusing themself, so anyday is good.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 9:55

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I don't work either but, oddly enough, I have a job.

it's pretty awesome. The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 10:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I don't work either but, oddly enough, I have a job.

That's the best work, if you can get it. Congrats, Bob.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 10:46

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I don't work either but, oddly enough, I have a job.

That's the best work, if you can get it. Congrats, Bob.
it's worked for 54+ years. The political hodge podge thread - Page 3 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 11:16

I’ve been a bus boy a life guard a custodian. I’ve shoveled chicken shit at the MSU farms. I became a teacher coach administrator and then started a business.

Best job I had was bus boy. By far. Not much stress helped out the waiters and waitresses. Got to interact with mostly happy people, and, since it was my friends dad’s restaurant, worked with three of my closest friends who I still vacation with.

I guess it’s never about the money or status.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 11:28

Have to say that design engineering was like a dream, very creative and very useful to others.

Plus, lots of fun with numbers.

Downside, if you want to call it that, is that in automotive tens of millions of dollars were on the line when mistakes happened, and mistakes always happen.

That and it was a 24/7 type of occupation.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 10 Apr 2024 - 12:03

DWags wrote:I’ve been a bus boy a life guard a custodian.  I’ve shoveled chicken shit at the MSU farms. I became a teacher coach administrator and then started a business.

Best job I had was bus boy. By far.  Not much stress helped out the waiters and waitresses.  Got to interact with mostly happy people, and, since it was my friends dad’s restaurant, worked with three of my closest friends who I still vacation with.  

I guess it’s never about the money or status.
yeah, I don't need a ton of money and I definitely don't need to work just to make rich white dudes happy and fund their miserable existence.

I worked a bunch of golf courses when I was a kid - there were apparently some pretty swanky courses in the area I grew up in, so getting to be outside all day was fun.

did some landscaping for a few years.. coached HS cross country and track while in grad school. That was  a pretty good gig. Got paid to go running with kids who were only about 6-7 years younger than I was.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 20:29

[tw]1780278091173990472[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 23:13

“You can’t take advantage of insider knowledge to pad your portfolio! Only members of Congress can take advantage of insider knowledge to pad their portfolios!”
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 9:43

In other protest news:

[tw]1781084927846703164[/tw]

[tw]1781029659074773391[/tw]

[tw]1781024978546364908[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 9:47

tGreenWay wrote:“You can’t take advantage of insider knowledge to pad your portfolio! Only members of Congress can take advantage of insider knowledge to pad their portfolios!”

No, members of Congress can only act on public information, by law. The twist is that they are likely to see that information the instant it becomes public and thus act faster than the rest of us.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat 20 Apr 2024 - 13:53

[tw]1781649507530260789[/tw]
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat 20 Apr 2024 - 14:08

Opinion: Fear and loathing on America’s college campuses as free speech is disappearing

The golden age of campus protest, which reached its zenith over widespread opposition to the Vietnam War in the late 1960s and early ‘70s, was always a double-edged sword. The hothouse environment on campus became an incubator for an array of social movements — environmentalism, LGBTQ pride, ending support for apartheid in South Africa, and much more — that have bettered society, boosting a once widely held opinion that college protest wasn’t antithetical to the mission of higher education, but central to the notions of developing critical thinking skills and a moral philosophy of life. But it also triggered a powerful conservative backlash — Ronald Reagan’s political rise began by railing against the Berkeley protests — that has stripped political support for the once universally popular public universities, which led to astronomical tuition and a student debt crisis.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ Sat 20 Apr 2024 - 23:29

Cameron wrote:Opinion: Fear and loathing on America’s college campuses as free speech is disappearing

The golden age of campus protest, which reached its zenith over widespread opposition to the Vietnam War in the late 1960s and early ‘70s, was always a double-edged sword. The hothouse environment on campus became an incubator for an array of social movements — environmentalism, LGBTQ pride, ending support for apartheid in South Africa, and much more — that have bettered society, boosting a once widely held opinion that college protest wasn’t antithetical to the mission of higher education, but central to the notions of developing critical thinking skills and a moral philosophy of life. But it also triggered a powerful conservative backlash — Ronald Reagan’s political rise began by railing against the Berkeley protests — that has stripped political support for the once universally popular public universities, which led to astronomical tuition and a student debt crisis.

السلام عليك يا ثقب الحمار
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun 21 Apr 2024 - 8:38

Remember the Louis Farakan protests in the 90s? What else... animal testing. Uh, Iraq war.

This shit has ALWAYS been around. The progressive kids need something to rage about.
Then there is a "counter protest" of douchy frat boys, usually thinking they are being funny...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 21 Apr 2024 - 11:45

Cameron wrote:In other protest news:

[tw]1781084927846703164[/tw]

[tw]1781029659074773391[/tw]

[tw]1781024978546364908[/tw]

I saw where the guy wearing “fuck Hamas” shirt was harassed at a Yale protest.

I think it gets violent. Hope I’m wrong.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon 22 Apr 2024 - 11:12

If anyone wants to protest something more important:

A Boeing whistleblower is testifying before Congress today that the 787 has dangerous flaws in the way it’s put together.

Senator Richard Blumenthal, who chairs the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee’s investigations subcommittee that will hear from the whistleblower, told The New York Times he has heard:

“Repeated, shocking allegations about Boeing’s manufacturing failings [that] point to an appalling absence of safety culture and practices — where profit is prioritized over everything else.”

Stock buybacks, illegal for good reasons in the US prior to Reagan, need to be made illegal again if we want a good economy.

https://hartmannreport.com/p/boeing-crisis-ignites-call-for-strict

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 24 Apr 2024 - 21:05

[tw]1782963480728903936[/tw]

When the chips are down, the uniparty wins.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 24 Apr 2024 - 23:46

81 states?

[tw]1783171851818021181?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 Apr 2024 - 8:11

DWags wrote:81 states?

[tw]1783171851818021181?s=46&t=o_-92Ldle66XHQBlJVUMFQ[/tw]
their morality is surpassed only by their intellect.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 25 Apr 2024 - 8:29

Speaking of those lawsuits in the "81" states...

Republicans scrutinize voting rolls and ramp up for mass challenges ahead of election

When Scott Hoen ran to be Carson City, Nevada’s chief election official two years ago, he campaigned on “election integrity,” promising to make sure voter registration lists were accurate.

In the chaotic aftermath of the 2020 presidential election, he believed that too many of his fellow Republicans were convinced that there was widespread voter fraud. By keeping voter rolls current, Hoen thought he could restore voter trust in his county’s election system.

He won. And every day since he took office, he and his staff have tried to keep that focus, using data from all levels of government to remove voters who have moved or died from the active voter list.

Hoen was surprised, then, to be named in a lawsuit the Republican National Committee and the Nevada Republican Party filed last month against him, four other Nevada county clerks and the secretary of state. The lawsuit alleges that five localities had “inordinately high” voter registration rates, and that the state is violating federal law by not having what are known as “clean” voter rolls.

https://michiganadvance.com/2024/04/25/republicans-scrutinize-voting-rolls-and-ramp-up-for-mass-challenges-ahead-of-election/ wrote:
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 Apr 2024 - 8:37

Trapper Gus wrote:Speaking of those lawsuits in the "81" states...

Republicans scrutinize voting rolls and ramp up for mass challenges ahead of election

When Scott Hoen ran to be Carson City, Nevada’s chief election official two years ago, he campaigned on “election integrity,” promising to make sure voter registration lists were accurate.

In the chaotic aftermath of the 2020 presidential election, he believed that too many of his fellow Republicans were convinced that there was widespread voter fraud. By keeping voter rolls current, Hoen thought he could restore voter trust in his county’s election system.

He won. And every day since he took office, he and his staff have tried to keep that focus, using data from all levels of government to remove voters who have moved or died from the active voter list.

Hoen was surprised, then, to be named in a lawsuit the Republican National Committee and the Nevada Republican Party filed last month against him, four other Nevada county clerks and the secretary of state. The lawsuit alleges that five localities had “inordinately high” voter registration rates, and that the state is violating federal law by not having what are known as “clean” voter rolls.

https://michiganadvance.com/2024/04/25/republicans-scrutinize-voting-rolls-and-ramp-up-for-mass-challenges-ahead-of-election/ wrote:
when Americans vote, decency and democracy prevails.

Republicans/libertarians know that the only way they win, esp. in gerrymandered races/districts, is to disenfranchise the electorate, suppress votes. It's the only way they win. And they know it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 25 Apr 2024 - 10:11

That just proves that the truth of the matter is irrelevant. They just need the innuendo of misdeeds to campaign around.
Their guy is doing what they want and its still wrong.
(Same with the "border crisis")
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next