Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live blogging game replay

+2
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
6 posters

Go down

Live blogging game replay  Empty Live blogging game replay

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-30, 02:09

As long as I can stay up. Was at game but didn't get in SS until the 1st Q was almost over.

nice tackle by Nicholson on opening kick. Whoa. I guess no RS.

1st play from scrimmage busted coverage. Didn't see who blew that one but Calhoun was all over the QB when he let it go.

Waynes got cut the **** up. This kid who started for Alabama State can't throw the ball.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Live blogging game replay  Empty Re: Live blogging game replay

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-30, 02:11

The busted coverage was basically Hicks and Drummond running into each other.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-30, 02:17

I am really having a hard time coming to accept Lippett and Mumphrey as studs. I really kinda just didn't want to see those guys on the field anymore after 2012.

Wow, just saw the hit on Cook. So lucky. Wow. He is lucky he didn't blow out his knee.

What a throw. This kid just has a feel for the position. His potential is limitless. He has the exact kind of brain you want in a QB. Cocky, confident, not scared to make mistakes, but smart enough to run the offense and make the right checks. Oh and he can throw. I don't know shit about football when it comes down to it, but I would take Cook and his mistakes 1000x over a hesitant kid who was scared to throw the ball and **** up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-30, 02:20

Oh my. Drummond just killed somebody. He is a playmaker.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-30, 02:23

I am glad Kings is basket catching the ball this year. Last year he kinda caught the ball overhand a few times and that wasn't gonna end well. EDIT - On punts

Jailbreak. Lippett. Wow, new Defensive Coordinator I guess there's some confusion with their schemes. That was too easy.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-08-30, 03:09

McDowell played a lot more than I realized, since I don't really pay attention to that in stadium. Seems like he was getting some push too
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-08-30, 07:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I am really having a hard time coming to accept Lippett and Mumphrey as studs. I really kinda just didn't want to see those guys on the field anymore after 2012.

Wow, just saw the hit on Cook. So lucky. Wow. He is lucky he didn't blow out his knee.

What a throw. This kid just has a feel for the position. His potential is limitless. He has the exact kind of brain you want in a QB. Cocky, confident, not scared to make mistakes, but smart enough to run the offense and make the right checks. Oh and he can throw. I don't know shit about football when it comes down to it, but I would take Cook and his mistakes 1000x over a hesitant kid who was scared to throw the ball and **** up.

Good stuff Whiteboyhatcher....

I didn't watch the game last night, but I knew Connor Cook was going to be incredible this year. He has the swagger of a fighter pilot out there and is probably going to go down as the best pocket passing QB in the history of Michigan State.

Hopefully he has silenced all the pussies that claim he threw too many 'near interceptions' last year. He played 14 games last year and was tied with the Minnesota QB who only played 12 games for the lowest amount of interceptions in the Big 10.

I predict that the Spartans go 12-0 and that Cook is in serious talk for the Heisman by end of season.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-30, 09:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I am really having a hard time coming to accept Lippett and Mumphrey as studs. I really kinda just didn't want to see those guys on the field anymore after 2012.

I'm not convinced there's not something wrong with his knee. I'd guess they checked it out at halftime.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-30, 09:08

steveschneider wrote:

I predict that the Spartans go 12-0 and that Cook is in serious talk for the Heisman by end of season.

We have an early leader for the crystal ball bump.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-08-30, 09:27

steveschneider wrote:

Good stuff Whiteboyhatcher....

I didn't watch the game last night, but I knew Connor Cook was going to be incredible this year. He has the swagger of a fighter pilot out there and is probably going to go down as the best pocket passing QB in the history of Michigan State.

Hopefully he has silenced all the pussies that claim he threw too many 'near interceptions' last year. He played 14 games last year and was tied with the Minnesota QB who only played 12 games for the lowest amount of interceptions in the Big 10.

Don't all great quarterbacks throw a lot of "near interceptions" because they're good a putting the ball in tight spots?

Aside from INTs in the B1GCCG and Rose Bowl, that would have cause SOS meltdowns in the past, I don't even remember the others.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-30, 10:43

Needless to say I fell asleep, sitting upright, with the TV on. I woke up at 4:30 and my back was fucking killing me.

NigelUno wrote:
I'm not convinced there's not something wrong with his knee.  I'd guess they checked it out at halftime.

That thought crossed my mind, too. Once you tweak a knee, it's really never going to be 100% again. Some of these guys are freaks I guess, but in my experience, surgery, rehab....still never gonna be the same as it was before you tweaked it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-08-30, 13:04

NigelUno wrote:

I'm not convinced there's not something wrong with his knee.  I'd guess they checked it out at halftime.

Not only my thought, but am wondering what it feels like today. Any small tear while your warm you can play through, the next day is another story. Hope all is well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-30, 13:12

DWags wrote:

Not only my thought, but am wondering what it feels like today.  Any small tear while your warm you can play through, the next day is another story.  Hope all is well.  

Looked like his knee went backwards to me.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down