Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unresponsive Plane Left NY This Morning - Flying Over Cuba..

+9
Cym Jim
tTito
Toe
Travis of the Cosmos
Nommad2
Chitown_Badger
pulling69
LoneWolfSparty
Robert J Sakimano
13 posters

Go down

Unresponsive Plane Left NY This Morning - Flying Over Cuba..  Empty Unresponsive Plane Left NY This Morning - Flying Over Cuba..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-05, 14:23

pilot slumped over, frosted over windows, etc - per F15 pilots - sounds like a Payne Stewart-type situation..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Unresponsive Plane Left NY This Morning - Flying Over Cuba..  Empty Re: Unresponsive Plane Left NY This Morning - Flying Over Cuba..

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-05, 14:28

Its the rapture!

http://www.leftbehind.com/
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Unresponsive Plane Left NY This Morning - Flying Over Cuba..  Empty Re: Unresponsive Plane Left NY This Morning - Flying Over Cuba..

Post by pulling69 2014-09-05, 14:49

100% Payne Stewart situation(either pressurization and/or supplemental O2 failure). They ended up way past Cuba:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N900KN/history/20140905/1215Z/KROC/KAPF
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-09-05, 14:52

What the hell, is there some random tiny island off the florida coast?

http://www.opennav.com/waypoint/US/TADPO
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-05, 14:55

This is clearly Bush's fault.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-09-05, 14:56

Boom. Crashed into ocean north of Jamaica.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-05, 14:58

Nommad2 wrote:Boom. Crashed into ocean north of Jamaica.
tragic situation....
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-05, 14:59

Bush lied, people died.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-09-05, 15:04

LoneWolfSparty wrote:heat, I told you and SRC both what was killing this place. Some moderation is necessary, as we can see the extremes (too little and too much) kill a board. Make use of the thread move, move overly politicized threads to the off-topic board, warn repeat offenders about turning non-political threads into Wells material or posting political threads on the main board, and you can save tSwill
Seriously though, were you high when you said this?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-05, 15:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Seriously though, were you high when you said this?

My goodness you are a moron. Add I said to Rock: of your can't beat them, join them.

If Rock and Heat insitute a rule I'll abide by it, if they let you, and gym and Booby run roughshod, well I can dance!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-09-05, 15:12

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

My goodness you are a moron. Add I said to Rock: of your can't beat them, join them.

If Rock and Heat insitute a rule I'll abide by it, if they let you, and gym and Booby run roughshod, well I can dance!
you're really really bad at it though. Like, really bad.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-05, 15:16

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
you're really really bad at it though. Like, really bad.

Thanks. Coming from you that's a compliment.

Obama 2016!!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-09-05, 15:25

I for one, couldn't be more proud to be a MSU grad.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-09-05, 15:26

Chitown_Badger wrote:What the hell, is there some random tiny island off the florida coast?

http://www.opennav.com/waypoint/US/TADPO

No....a Nav fix can be any point really, GPS is a magical thing.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-09-05, 15:45

pulling69 wrote:

No....a Nav fix can be any point really, GPS is a magical thing.

Not sure I get what you're saying. Flight aware said they were diverted to that way point, which means there's a place to land at that location.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-09-05, 15:54

LoneWolfSparty wrote:This is clearly Bush's fault.

Why aren't they clamouring to ban private aircraft? Dudes are seriously slipping.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-09-05, 16:02

I miss Payne Stewart almost as much as I miss Dale Earnhardt.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-05, 16:03

tTito wrote:

Why aren't they clamouring to ban private aircraft? Dudes are seriously slipping.

At least they could push for a decompression ban. That has no purpose but to kill.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-09-05, 16:05

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

At least they could push for a decompression ban. That has no purpose but to kill.

I think decompression is necessary once the plane lands, otherwise that door ain't opening.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-05, 16:07

Chitown_Badger wrote:

I think decompression is necessary once the plane lands, otherwise that door ain't opening.

I thought pressurization was to keep it at the same level as ground level. What you said makes no sense.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-09-05, 16:14

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I thought pressurization was to keep it at the same level as ground level. What you said makes no sense.

Maybe the door opens in?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-09-05, 16:19

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Well I don't frickin know. I'm not a pilot. Unresponsive Plane Left NY This Morning - Flying Over Cuba..  2599972566
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-09-05, 16:24

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Add I said to Rock: of your can't beat them, join them.

Who are you trying to kid? You were politicizing every thread from day #1. And when you were not doing that, you were mentioning Bob Sak in every thread regardless of whether or not he had posted in the thread. Get over yourself.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-09-05, 16:28

Turtleneck wrote:

Who are you trying to kid? You were politicizing every thread from day #1. And when you were not doing that, you were mentioning Bob Sak in every thread regardless of whether or not he had posted in the thread. Get over yourself.

Somebody call the whaaaaambulance.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-09-05, 16:31

tTito wrote:

Somebody call the whaaaaambulance.

The one thing I can count on when it comes to tTito is the absence of creativity.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-09-05, 16:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tragic situation....
Yeah, it's a real downer.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-05, 16:47

Turtleneck wrote:

Links or it never happened.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-09-05, 16:49

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

No plane at altitude is pressurized to ground/sea level...Airliners at altitude, say 40,000 feet usually have the cabin altitude close to 7,000 feet.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-09-05, 16:54

Chitown_Badger wrote:

Not sure I get what you're saying. Flight aware said they were diverted to that way point, which means there's a place to land at that location.

Numerous reason to be diverted to a fix....traffic separation, set up a hold, weather, approach fix, etc etc.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-05, 19:23

Can we vote LWS off the island yet? Dude is turrible.

The minute someone posts something that doesn't match his opinion, he cries about tSwill being too political. Next thread he has the chance in, he's going off about his views. STFU already
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-05, 19:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Can we vote LWS off the island yet? Dude is turrible.The minute someone posts something that doesn't match his opinion, he cries about tSwill being too political. Next thread he has the chance in, he's going off about his views. STFU already

No. Commie.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-09-05, 20:23

pulling69 wrote:LoneWolfSparty wrote:“I thought pressurization was to keep it at the same level as ground level. What you said makes no sense.”No plane at altitude is pressurized to ground/sea level...Airliners at altitude, say 40,000 feet usually have the cabin altitude close to 7,000 feet.

Do you realize you're getting fucked up right away? I mean is it a fast process that you pass out? Or do you start getting loopy and have to realize you need oxygen?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-09-05, 20:35

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Bush lied, people died.

Quit trying to make the main board your political agenda discussion. Take your crazy ass to the Swill Bin.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-09-05, 20:35

You start getting drowsy, your speech will start to slur, vision gets blurry. Some guys on Flightaware were listening to the tapes(live ATC recording via the internet is pretty fast/wide spread now) and they said they could hear in his voice that the pilot was sounding hypoxic.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-09-05, 20:36

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Can we vote LWS off the island yet? Dude is turrible.

The minute someone posts something that doesn't match his opinion, he cries about tSwill being too political. Next thread he has the chance in, he's going off about his views. STFU already

I... I love you?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-09-05, 20:44

pulling69 wrote:You start getting drowsy, your speech will start to slur, vision gets blurry. Some guys on Flightaware were listening to the tapes(live ATC recording via the internet is pretty fast/wide spread now) and they said they could hear in his voice that the pilot was sounding hypoxic.

Did he realize that? That's my question. It seems that seasoned pilots should understand that unless it makes you loopy right away. I mean grab the dang oxygen.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down