Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ped State Gets Early Release...

+18
DWags
Danny Tanner
Bizarro Fletch
MiamiSpartan
SawGreen
Herbie Green
Cym Jim
Townie
InTenSity
Chitown_Badger
Blanch32
beal99
Stoops21
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
LoneWolfSparty
Heat Miser
22 posters

Go down

Article Ped State Gets Early Release...

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-08, 14:59

...time off for good behavior. Get all schollies back next year too. Unbelievable. NFL cracking down, NCAA soft on crime.

NCAA drops Penn State's postseason ban
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Article Re: Ped State Gets Early Release...

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-08, 15:02

Not sure I agree with your assessment. Every one associated with Sandusky is gone. It is time to let PSU move on from this.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-08, 15:05

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Not sure I agree with your assessment. Every one associated with Sandusky is gone. It is time to let PSU move on from this.

So as long as you fire everybody involved, everything's good?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-08, 15:07

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Not sure I agree with your assessment. Every one associated with Sandusky is gone. It is time to let PSU move on from this.

I didn't really follow the NCAA punishment but seems like USC got hit harder than PSU. If that's the case, that's pretty f'd up imo.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-08, 15:08

10 bucks says Delaney is behind this..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-08, 15:10

Heat Miser wrote:

So as long as you fire everybody involved, everything's good?

And "everybody" wasn't fired. Spanier, Curley and Paterno were... There's still a lot of old guard there. This is bullshit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-09-08, 15:14

So you can rape children and cover it up from the top down and get away with it? Got it. Fuck them and fuck the ncaa
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-09-08, 15:15

Pedo State must have delivered the brinks truck
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-09-08, 15:16

Rocinante wrote:Heat Miser wrote:“So as long as you fire everybody involved, everything's good?”And "everybody" wasn't fired. Spanier, Curley and Paterno were... There's still a lot of old guard there. This is bullshit.

Yup. Pretty sure all the BoTs are still there. Sickening
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-09-08, 15:27

Best post I've seen yet.

This disgusts me. And not just as a Pitt fan. I hold no real hard feelings for Penn State. There's no reason to, other than the cult atmosphere that surrounds the football program. But this is disgusting.

Sure, the crime had nothing to do with players themselves. But this was a crime that was committed by one of their staff. And then swept under the rug by a head coach, who continued to act as head coach long after the crime was discovered. And swept further under the rug by those who run the university. Yet, when all is said and done, Penn Staters just can't live without their precious football. Who cares about the emotional and physical damage done to the victims? All 100K fans who pack Beaver Stadium have apparently suffered worse because their team couldn't go to a bowl game for a few years. Oh, the agony.

What makes it worse, in my opinion, is that it was PSU's Board of Trustees who pressured the NCAA into this decision. They had the chance to put out there that the university really was something other than just a football school. It really is. THON is one of the best fundraisers in the world. Their engineering school is one of the best in the country. The university has so much going for it, but no, football reigns supreme. And the people in charge of the university apparently even feel the same. It disgusts me.

And I guess I'll leave a joke at the end of this post, because that's what the NCAA is.

Where'd they move the JoePa statue after removing it from the stadium? To the library, because he was so good at keeping things quiet.
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-08, 15:30

gHost Spartan wrote:At some point we need to move on, this is that time folks. Lets not waste our time revisiting possible past mistakes, lets instead focus on Penn St's impact in the B10 East. The victims are being compensated, not much else we can do.

Even UofM got hit harder for the Fab 5 scandal.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-09-08, 15:30

gHost Spartan wrote:At some point we need to move on, this is that time folks. Lets not waste our time revisiting possible past mistakes, lets instead focus on Penn St's impact in the B10 East. The victims are being compensated, not much else we can do.

KID RAPE YOU SILLY MAN

"possible past mistakes"
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-08, 17:34

Taboo subject on tRCMB. Two threads locked.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-08, 17:44

Ghost "pretends" to be a child abductor, then claims Penn State has suffered enough for covering up child exploitation... I'm sensing a pattern.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-09-08, 17:47

I don't get reducing the punishment for something like this. When the punishment was initially levied, it was based on the severity of the crime, which it should have been.

But a university is not a convict, so there really is no opportunity for "good behavior", there is no overcrowding issue so they don't need to let out the people who are keeping their noses clean. What was done hasn't changed, and as such, the punishment should be the punishment and that's that.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-08, 18:01

I bet UNC gets away with their grade scandal as well.

Time to start cheating at MSU and do what ever it takes to start landing these prime recruits that Izzo has been losing to the Kansas. Give those 'middle men' some cash.

F the NCAA
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-09-08, 18:02

steveschneider wrote:I bet UNC gets away with their grade scandal as well.

Time to start cheating at MSU and do what ever it takes to start landing these prime recruits that Izzo has been losing to the Kansas. Give those 'middle men' some cash.

F the NCAA

Don't forget the ND scandal, which I'd wager will quietly slip away.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-08, 18:04

Chitown_Badger wrote:

Don't forget the ND scandal, which I'd wager will quietly slip away.

Well Miami got their scandal to go away, and coach Calipari is still coaching. I think if we all read between the lines, the NCAA is saying cheat.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-09-08, 20:23

steveschneider wrote:I bet UNC gets away with their grade scandal as well. Time to start cheating at MSU and do what ever it takes to start landing these prime recruits that Izzo has been losing to the Kansas. Give those 'middle men' some cash. F the NCAA

Completely disagree. First we already tried this and epically failed back in the 70s. Second, this stigmatism will stay. Look, OSU, Nd, uofm, FSU, bama, Miami, auburn, and PSU all care about winning football games than anything else. Coaches and parents will know this. Some kids too. Ethics is a huge recruiting advantage for us whether you know it or not
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-08, 20:38

Lmao, that other site locked threads discussing this, unless I missed one.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2014-09-08, 21:22

Its a horrible decision. A PSU friend posted this on Facebook:It's about time....now the truth still needs to be uncovered...we will not rest until that day comes!
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-09-08, 21:50

Students are chanting where's the statue. This whole case will be forgotten and nobody will remember the victims. Unreal. This is a disgusting world we live in.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-09-08, 21:55

Stoops21 wrote:So you can rape children and cover it up from the top down and get away with it? Got it. Fuck them and fuck the ncaa
Ped State Gets Early Release... Pope-Benedict-XVI_6
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-08, 22:18

They will forever be Ped State to me now. Will not associate with their apologists.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-09-08, 22:43

steveschneider wrote:I bet UNC gets away with their grade scandal as well. Time to start cheating at MSU and do what ever it takes to start landing these prime recruits that Izzo has been losing to the Kansas. Give those 'middle men' some cash. F the NCAA

If there was any doubt before the floodgates are now open. Two years for sexual molestation of multiple children. Have to think you could pay all the players on your team and fix their grades and geat a year at most. If you get caught.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-09-08, 23:07

Right on. They killed Joe Pa, what more do they want.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-09, 11:39

Stoops21 wrote:So you can rape children and cover it up from the top down and get away with it? Got it. Fuck them and fuck the ncaa

This times a thousand. I'm completely disgusted with college athletics right now. The NCAA is disgusting. ****ing child rape, dudes. Child rape.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-09-09, 12:54

On the BTN last night they were talking about how ridiculous it was to take away scholarships in the first place, because it denies kids a free education. I think it was DiNardo that jumped in and said to give those scholarships to non-athletes if free education is the argument. That's exactly right. In fact, give it to kids who were child victims of sexual abuse, and who do not have the financial means to go to PSU.

Furthermore, every player at PSU when this came down had the opportunity to transfer without taking a year off. Every kid that has joined the program since then had the choice to go elsewhere. Don't give me this shit about punishing the kids, taking away free education, etc. Because none of that happened. The kids aren't punished by not having the opportunity to go to bowl games. They could go play somewhere else if that's what they wanted. NFL scouts will see them play for PSU regardless. All they miss out on is the potential for a free trip and to play 1-2 extra games/year (which also increases the chances of getting an injury that could prevent someone from making millions in the NFL).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-09-09, 16:06

The punishment wasn't solely for specific individuals, but for the university as a whole for prioritizing athletics over integrity.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-09-09, 16:12

And I'm sure it's already been said, but this reeks of the NCAA presuming they were going to lose the legal battle over the punishment and - SHOCKINGLY! - prioritizing money over doing the right thing. Disgusting.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Tanner 2014-09-10, 00:18

Chitown_Badger wrote:I don't get reducing the punishment for something like this. When the punishment was initially levied, it was based on the severity of the crime, which it should have been.

But a university is not a convict, so there really is no opportunity for "good behavior", there is no overcrowding issue so they don't need to let out the people who are keeping their noses clean. What was done hasn't changed, and as such, the punishment should be the punishment and that's that.

Absolutely. Does no one remember the cry for the Death Penalty because of the magnitude of this tragedy? The repercussions were heavy but they should have been- this was the worst scandal in college sports history and now just a few years past Ped St. walks away scot-free from years-worth of punishment. Can anyone realize that for once this scandal pertained to a much greater being than football? This just makes me want to vomit. The argument about the good behavior is garbage and so is the reasoning that the current staff/players should not be punished for predecessors' crimes. It's the university at fault and it's the university that has to pay- the players could've played somewhere else, could've transferred.

All of this because of an obsession with athletic reputation and glory, and of course- money. It's hot garbage, the lot of it. I swear it's a cult over there, and I believe now that what is happening over there is 10x worse and 10x more serious than the turds in Ann Arbor.
Danny Tanner
Danny Tanner
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-09-10, 07:40

Bizarro Fletch wrote:LoneWolfSparty wrote:“Not sure I agree with your assessment. Every one associated with Sandusky is gone. It is time to let PSU move on from this.”The punishment wasn't solely for specific individuals, but for the university as a whole for prioritizing men's football over integrity.

Fixed.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-09-10, 07:44

...and I agree scholarship reduction wasn't the right penalty. It should have been a coaching reduction by at least 3 positions.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-09-10, 09:09

Blanch32 wrote:...and I agree scholarship reduction wasn't the right penalty. It should have been a coaching reduction by at least 3 positions.

I'd settle for just a pedophile reduction over there. Lacking that, perhaps they shouldn't hire coaches who try to cover up rape at their old university. Lacking that, I'd just say fuck it, let's pretend nothing happened.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-09-10, 10:15

Well, PSU really learned a lesson here. I am sure the punishment administered has really taught the PSU community a lesson about not valuing the PSU brand over what is ethically, morally, and in this case, legally right. The culture surrounding the football program facilitated the cover-up. It is a culture that valued the brand over all else. In no way does lifting the punishment help destroy a culture that facilitated the cover-up of child sexual abuse. It is a pretty dark day for sports in America. The NCAA backs down on PSU and the NFL is ducking for cover on the Ray Rice issue. Preserving brands are more important than doing the right thing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-09-10, 10:59

So good behavior, Wtf does that mean? No coach at Ped State has raped a child in the past two years? Bravo ped state. Is there a Nobel Prize that can be awarded?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-10, 11:18

Turtleneck wrote:Well, PSU really learned a lesson here. I am sure the punishment administered has really taught the PSU community a lesson about not valuing the PSU brand over what is ethically, morally, and in this case, legally right. The culture surrounding the football program facilitated the cover-up. It is a culture that valued the brand over all else. In no way does lifting the punishment help destroy a culture that facilitated the cover-up of child sexual abuse. It is a pretty dark day for sports in America. The NCAA backs down on PSU and the NFL is ducking for cover on the Ray Rice issue. Preserving brands are more important than doing the right thing.

Sports are getting more and more disgusting.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-09-10, 11:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

But we are also at fault, right? All of this is a by-product of the commercialization of sport, which is really nothing more than a response to our demands for big-time sports.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-09-10, 11:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I cried, when Lance Arnstrong lied.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down