Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Putin off his rocker or just f***ing with Obama?

+18
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
Turtleneck
goodbar
StylesGShmooth
AvgMSUJoe
Code_Warrior
Motown Spartan
Cym Jim
Wally Fairway
Rocinante
NigelUno
Izzo Court
LoneWolfSparty
xsanguine
DWags
The Pantry
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Putin off his rocker or just f***ing with Obama? Empty Is Putin off his rocker or just f***ing with Obama?

Post by The Pantry Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:08 am

http://news.yahoo.com/us-canadian-jets-intercept-8-russian-aircraft-232846452.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11106195/Putin-privately-threatened-to-invade-Poland-Romania-and-the-Baltic-states.html
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is Putin off his rocker or just f***ing with Obama? Empty Re: Is Putin off his rocker or just f***ing with Obama?

Post by DWags Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:12 am

Maybe he just wants to create a news cycle to take away attention from the NFL. He seems to love it so much he steals super Bowl rings.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is Putin off his rocker or just f***ing with Obama? Empty Re: Is Putin off his rocker or just f***ing with Obama?

Post by xsanguine Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:35 am

The powers that be will figure it out and instruct Obama on what to say.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:55 am

Both.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:09 am

Oh, that. I thought this was about the Russkis buying PBR.

Russians Just Bought America’s Most Beloved Crappy Beer
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:20 am

Obama can't stop Putin.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:32 am

Putin is playing chess, Obama is playing checkers.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:11 am

gHost Spartan wrote:Obama is useless and I voted for him twice.

What are you talking about? He stopped Putin from bombing Alaska.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:12 am

Izzo Court wrote:Putin is playing chess, Obama is playing checkers.

Putin/Russia < Anybody/America
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:25 am

The scary part is what does the west mainly the US do if he was to invade those countries? Retaliation would mean WW3.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:56 pm

Putin is a crazy. He's digging himself into a hole he'll never get out of and the Obama haters have no idea what they're talking about. Oh how you long for the days of unilateral bombings. Lol.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:01 pm

I think the answer is that Putin doesn't give a single fuck - - - he thinks there is no way that NATO will want to escalate his excursions into WW3. And he is right as far as Obama & the USA goes right now, there would be little support to put US combat troups into eastern europe, they would try to respond with drones, stealth bombers, and sanctions.
Putin would laugh at that response - as he has already shot down a commercial airliner & invaded 2 countries, why would he stop now?
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:50 pm

If only we'd voted for Sarah Palin to help figure this out.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:07 pm

These incidents keep happening and it's like a bad game of chicken. Instead of intercepting, see how close they are willing to go and then have Canada light them up as soon as they are within site of land.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Cym Jim wrote:If only we'd voted for Sarah Palin to help figure this out.

We'd? LOL Limeys can't view in our elections.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:These incidents keep happening and it's like a bad game of chicken. Instead of intercepting, see how close they are willing to go and then have Canada light them up as soon as they are within site of land.
Canada is the Switzerland of North America. They'd never do that.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Rocinante wrote:Putin is a crazy. He's digging himself into a hole he'll never get out of and the Obama haters have no idea what they're talking about. Oh how you long for the days of unilateral bombings. Lol.
I don't think Putin is crazy and I don't think he's digging himself a hole. I think he believes that the West has no appetite for a military confrontation and he now controls the natural gas supply to Europe. From an economic point of view, cutting off the West from natural gas would be counterproductive for Putin at this time, however, it is a well positioned piece from a military standpoint.

Putin will continue to provoke the West as long as he can get away with it, slowly positioning his pieces. Economic sanctions no doubt hurt Putin, but he is gladly willing to take them to achieve whatever goal he has set. You can bet that whatever his goal is, he thinks it more valuable than the price the economic sanctions are costing him.

Obama's fatal mistake was telling Putin that he would have more flexibility after the 2012 election. Putin already knew that Europe was weak and had no appetite for military conflict, however he wasn't sure about the US. Once Obama offered that statement, Putin knew that Obama believed that we lived in a post cold war world where national boundaries would always be respected, and, more importantly, Obama thought that Putin was on board with that vision. Putin realized that Obama misunderstood him to the point of naivete and decided that there would be no better time to take advantage and he is doing so.

It's foolish to believe that Putin doesn't know exactly what he's doing.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:
I don't think Putin is crazy and I don't think he's digging himself a hole. I think he believes that the West has no appetite for a military confrontation and he now controls the natural gas supply to Europe. From an economic point of view, cutting off the West from natural gas would be counterproductive for Putin at this time, however, it is a well positioned piece from a military standpoint.

Putin will continue to provoke the West as long as he can get away with it, slowly positioning his pieces. Economic sanctions no doubt hurt Putin, but he is gladly willing to take them to achieve whatever goal he has set. You can bet that whatever his goal is, he thinks it more valuable than the price the economic sanctions are costing him.

Obama's fatal mistake was telling Putin that he would have more flexibility after the 2012 election. Putin already knew that Europe was weak and had no appetite for military conflict, however he wasn't sure about the US. Once Obama offered that statement, Putin knew that Obama believed that we lived in a post cold war world where national boundaries would always be respected, and, more importantly, Obama thought that Putin was on board with that vision. Putin realized that Obama misunderstood him to the point of naivete and decided that there would be no better time to take advantage and he is doing so.

It's foolish to believe that Putin doesn't know exactly what he's doing.

To what end? He's going to get nothing put of this except MAYBE more respect amongst those that long for the old dominion of soviet russia. That's a dwindling segment of his population. He's painted himself into a corner where he either submits to the will of the rest of the world and looks weak, or continues thumping his chest and eventually faces the wrath if his own people. He's chosen the latter and we'll see how it plays out. He seems to think his people will respect his tough stance. I think they will get fed up with it eventually.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:10 pm

Rocinante wrote:To what end? He's going to get nothing put of this except MAYBE more respect amongst those that long for the old dominion of soviet russia. That's a dwindling segment of his population. He's painted himself into a corner where he either submits to the will of the rest of the world and looks weak, or continues thumping his chest and eventually faces the wrath if his own people. He's chosen the latter and we'll see how it plays out. He seems to think his people will respect his tough stance. I think they will get fed up with it eventually.
I don't know what Putin's goal is. I just know that he values it more than the current economic sanctions are costing him and he will continue until he's made to pay a price greater than it's worth to him. Maybe the internal pressure will reach the point where he's ousted, I don't know, but I firmly believe that he has a plan.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:07 am

I think the sanctions will upset the money the questionable business leaders in Russia are making enough that they will rein in Putin eventually. Them half crooked mfkers would just as soon kill his ass as loose access to their 4th yacht in the south of France or Martha's vineyard... Or a billion dollar market or two.

I think this is what Obama prefers over WW3. Cause WW3 is where it would end if there was direct military confrontation. Money usually wins out over crazy.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:17 am

Putin clearly has shown that he doesn't give a shit about Obama or anyone for that matter. Hell, he does't even care about his own country's rules. This is a guy that said fuck your term limits, I'm just gonna stay in power.

So he's out there doing all this crazy shit and giving zero fucks. America and the rest of NATO are hitting him with sanctions. So, my question for people who think the fact that Putin is nuts is somehow Obama's fault, what do you want him to do? Are you simply looking for stronger sanctions or do you think we should be sending an armed military response over there right now? And if yes, how many of you plan on volunteering or are looking forward to your kids heading over to show that crazy fucker that 'Merica means business.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:06 pm

this is just another Obama stunt to distract the attention of Americans away from Benghazi..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:04 pm

for the love of our Christ and savior, Lord Jesus,....can we just keep politics outta this?
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Don't fuck wit dem Russians. Ask Alonzo Harris.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:20 pm

goodbar wrote:for the love of our Christ and savior, Lord Jesus,....can we just keep politics outta this?

Typical right wing comment.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:48 pm

goodbar wrote:for the love of our Christ and savior, Lord Jesus,....can we just keep politics outta this?

Is Putin off his rocker or just f***ing with Obama? 502811600

(assuming this was a joke)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:55 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Is Putin off his rocker or just f***ing with Obama? 502811600

(assuming this was a joke)

Do you know Goodbar to be a joker? Probably the most serious poster here.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:02 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Do you know Goodbar to be a joker? Probably the most serious poster here.
Goodbar, Obama or Putin?

all 3 are equally very serious when it comes to their social outlets.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:37 pm

The current sanctions are pretty weak, you really think Putin is feeling them? Just how far will the rest of NATO go to piss of their main source for natural gas?
Putin knows that, and he also knows that ever since Obama's been in office, just about every move Obama has made in Europe/Middle East has weakened US influence in the area, emboldened enemies and often strengthened Russia's by default.
Obama seems surprised that there are characters out there that are not in awe of his intellect.  
Putin is pushing the envelope, and has barely had a hand slap yet, so who's going to stop him?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:51 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:The current sanctions are pretty weak, you really think Putin is feeling them? Just how far will the rest of NATO go to piss of their main source for natural gas?
Putin knows that, and he also knows that ever since Obama's been in office, just about every move Obama has made in Europe/Middle East has weakened US influence in the area, emboldened enemies and often strengthened Russia's by default.
Obama seems surprised that there are characters out there that are not in awe of his intellect.  
Putin is pushing the envelope, and has barely had a hand slap yet, so who's going to stop him?
this..

I lost all respect for Obama when he allowed his fellow muslims to blow up the World Trade Center and then attack a sovereign country like Iraq based on lies, misrepresentations and falsehoods..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:this..

I lost all respect for Obama when he allowed his fellow muslims to blow up the World Trade Center and then attack a sovereign country like Iraq based on lies, misrepresentations and falsehoods..

Obama: Bad for America, Bad for the World.

*paid for by the Coalition of Muricans for Pure Murica and Jobs for Murican People.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Shit is ON

http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-us-partners-begin-airstrikes-syria-014519586--politics.html
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:56 am

The Pantry wrote:Shit is ON

http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-us-partners-begin-airstrikes-syria-014519586--politics.html
just another stunt by the Kenyan-born Nobel Peace Prize winning Muslim community organizer to distract Americans from what really happened in Benghazi.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:19 am

Putin's at it again in Syria...
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:28 am

CheesySpartan wrote:Putin's at it again in Syria...

Thanks for bumping. I was going to start a separate thread on this Syria business last night and my phone battery went kaput.

I don't know know long of notice countries give for bombings like this, but I'm guessing an hour is a little on the short side of things. The timing is also funny as comes on the heels of face-to-face meetings between Obama and Putin, and it sure looks like Putin is mocking Obama now.

Welcome to the new Cold War.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:38 am

Putin is a liar, Obama doesn't seem to be able to accept that fact.

He needs to read some Russian history, their leaders are wonderful liars if nothing else.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:59 am

#Benghazi

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:05 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:Putin's at it again in Syria...

Thanks for bumping. I was going to start a separate thread on this Syria business last night and my phone battery went kaput.

I don't know know long of notice countries give for bombings like this, but I'm guessing an hour is a little on the short side of things. The timing is also funny as comes on the heels of face-to-face meetings between Obama and Putin, and it sure looks like Putin is mocking Obama now.

Welcome to the new Cold War.

Or, you know, they discussed it? At that, you know, face to face meeting.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:22 am

Obama should draw another "red line"...lol
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:15 am

Syria is a massive free for all right now. We should just start bombing Assad troops to kick up the crazy a notch. What's the worst that could happen?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next