Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mgoturds look back @ the 2007 post

+5
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
75alum
kingstonlake
CORNER BLITZ
9 posters

Go down

mgoturds look back @ the 2007 post Empty mgoturds look back @ the 2007 post

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-10-21, 01:39

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/look-back-2007

Bando Calrissian
I just find it hilarious that ten years after the kid first played against MSU, Sparty fans are still bent out of shape about the guy. To which I say *hart picture*

UMxWolverines
Is that any different than us being bent out of shape for no pass interference in 1990 or Spartan Bob in 2001 still?

Bando Calrissian
One-time bad calls versus hating a kid for talking and producing... Not the same thing.

snarling wolverine
I don't see the comparison between a bad call by the officials and random comments by a player.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flashOverride
The convenient forgetting of the "moment of silence" comment after Appalachian State is even worse, to me. Along with Hart's comments, it was Michigan players gathering at midfield in Spartan Stadium for a "moment of silence" that set off Dantonio's bitchy little rant. I mean, seriously, what nerve. That's why I will never have an iota of respect for him personally no matter how many times he beats Michigan. Seeing an alleged man go and make such a pathetic victim of himself over something he initiated is nauseating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jmblue
We dominated the 2003 game much more than the scoreboard showed.  We were up 27-13 and driving when Navarre fumbled and it was returned for a TD - a huge swing that made the final score respectable.  
Actually, almost exactly the same thing happened in the 4th quarter of the 2005 game as well.  MSU tied it up on another defensive TD right when we were driving to put the nail in the coffin.  

flashOverride
Agreed. Michigan State's respectability in the 2003 game sprang from that fumble and a blown coverage on one huge play, Agim Shabaj's long bomb TD reception. Michigan was carrying the play then and in 2005. The only games Michigan truly stole were the 2004 and 2007 contests.

Mgoscottie
that was a garbage call and a garbage review, clearly arm going forward and an incomplete pass.....

snarling wolverine
In the 2011 game, we had the ball down 21-14 in the 4th quarter.  How did we have no chance?
Last year it was 16-6 going into the 4th quarter - not an ideal situation to be in, but not hopeless.  It was around that time we intercepted a pass and then went backwards.
We sucked offensively in those games, but it's not like we didn't have opportunities.

snarling wolverine
It would nice to actually link the post you're quoting.
BTW, I've seen a few references to the 2012 game as a "miracle" and I don't get it.  We played them pretty evenly that day and had the lead the majority of the game.  It would have been unfortunate if we'd lost.  I remember us settling for a FG after Denard missed a wide-open Gallon in the endzone, so it's not like we capitalized on every chance.  

snarling wolverine
Bullcrap.  This rivalry has historically been a bigger deal to them than us.  When we've won our fanbase has followed the "Act like you've been there before" mantra while they've run their mouths whenever they've managed to beat us.  Hart in 2007 was a rare case of a Michigan player taking the bait - and even then Dantonio made a total ass of himself after that, determined to get the final word in.
And we didn't run it up on Bobby Williams (I assume you're talking about him and not JLS) - Lloyd cleared his bench and our 3rd-stringers still scored on their awful D.

Bando Calrissian
I think my favorite part of the whole 2001 fallout was the next time we played them in hockey at Yost, we were winning big, IIRC, and the clock operator stopped the clock at 1 second at the end of the third period. It was kept that way for a good five seconds while the guys skated around on the ice. It was right in the midst of a stretch of pretty acrimonious games, lots of fights and really bad feelings all around, so it was at least a nice consolation.

M-Dog
This is the best comment on this thread.
WE did this.  This is not something Dantonio did to us.
He got their heads out of their asses and fielded a competitive program, but he still would not be able to walk all over mid-90's Michgian.  We're the ones that allowed that.
And we're the ones that need to fix it.

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

mgoturds look back @ the 2007 post Empty Re: mgoturds look back @ the 2007 post

Post by kingstonlake 2014-10-21, 03:13

These idiots yearn for the era where they had one big game a year. Where they had unlimited scholarships, and one rival. The bottom line is that college football is a competitive business now. And they don't have the skills to compete. They are the dinosaur with a Rolodex, while everyone else has adapted and moved on. Fuck them. Let em wallow in their house of cards traditions. Let em circle jerk over a history built on fraud.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-10-21, 06:30

Agreed, except for most of them, you don't need a rolodex to sweep floors, work on the assembly line or mow grass.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-10-21, 07:37

I think this is the first I've heard of the clock operator in Yost being a giant assbag.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-21, 07:43

they are really unkind..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-10-21, 08:58

I wonder if there is a Bobby Sak-esque  poster on mgoblog. That would amuse me.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-21, 08:59

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I wonder if there is a Bobby Sak-esque  poster on mgoblog. That would amuse me.
mgoturds look back @ the 2007 post 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-10-21, 10:14

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I wonder if there is a Bobby Sak-esque  poster on mgoblog. That would amuse me.

You probably like picking at your own scabs too.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-10-21, 11:36

CORNER BLITZ wrote:http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/look-back-2007

jmblue
We dominated the 2003 game much more than the scoreboard showed.  We were up 27-13 and driving when Navarre fumbled and it was returned for a TD - a huge swing that made the final score respectable.  
Actually, almost exactly the same thing happened in the 4th quarter of the 2005 game as well.  MSU tied it up on another defensive TD right when we were driving to put the nail in the coffin.  

flashOverride
Agreed. Michigan State's respectability in the 2003 game sprang from that fumble and a blown coverage on one huge play, Agim Shabaj's long bomb TD reception. Michigan was carrying the play then and in 2005. The only games Michigan truly stole were the 2004 and 2007 contests.

snarling wolverine
In the 2011 game, we had the ball down 21-14 in the 4th quarter.  How did we have no chance?
Last year it was 16-6 going into the 4th quarter - not an ideal situation to be in, but not hopeless.  It was around that time we intercepted a pass and then went backwards.
We sucked offensively in those games, but it's not like we didn't have opportunities.

snarling wolverine
It would nice to actually link the post you're quoting.
BTW, I've seen a few references to the 2012 game as a "miracle" and I don't get it.  We played them pretty evenly that day and had the lead the majority of the game.  It would have been unfortunate if we'd lost.  I remember us settling for a FG after Denard missed a wide-open Gallon in the endzone, so it's not like we capitalized on every chance.  

Yeah, if you just take out all the good plays we made scum would have won every game mgoturds look back @ the 2007 post 1494614055

love the guy saying last year wasn't hopeless...
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-10-21, 20:01

mgoturds look back @ the 2007 post 1966794946

mgeauxblu85
MGoPoints: 105
fuck State

Mike Hart was an excellent player, student, and representative for the University of Michigan. He always did the right thing and he earned the right to say whatever the fuck he wanted. If you listen to the quote again you'll hear Mike say "that's what [MSU] thinks we think of them. So if they say it I'll agree].

I was on that team and Mike was pissed off because Dantonio had a moment of silence after M lost to Apo State. That's why after beating Sparty all the players huddled around, took a knee and had a moment of silence for Dantonio. You want to talk about humility? Maybe a head coach should show more maturity than a college kid.

MSU got good because Rodriguez let MSU top M in recruiting the state and Brady can't develop players. Little brother, their fans, and Coach D can't let it go because they know we'll be back.

In closing screw MSU and screw Dantonio. He insulted UofM and Mike Hart took it personally. I wish we had players with that kind of intensity and love for M.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-10-21, 20:09

SpartanInNH wrote:mgoturds look back @ the 2007 post 1966794946

love that those clowns always bring up the moment of silence like it was the first thing on Dantonio's mind...not a question the blue wall kept asking him about after our game.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-21, 20:33

I'm glad we hate each other. They have their reasons we have ours. I'll never give up my warm blanket of hate for all things SCum. I hope they never give theirs up either, but, if they do, well, fuck them anyway. It may be irrational, but I like it.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down