Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I suggest that we NOT have a general thread on MSU BB?

2 posters

Go down

I suggest that we NOT have a general thread on MSU BB? Empty I suggest that we NOT have a general thread on MSU BB?

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-10-27, 16:55

No offense, LooseGoose, and I'm not trying to prevent you from getting a BTP, but we don't have so much activity on this board that we need to condense things into general topics like that when it's something that is of interest to pretty much everyone except Bob (i.e., MSU Men's basketball is hardly a niche topic like Craft Beer, or even the Red Wings or Tigers to an extent). In fact, it makes the board feel more active if new topics are being posted, which encourages more participation. It's also nice to be able to get the gist of news that is going on by skimming the topics, rather than having to open a thread and scroll down to see if there is anything that is actually new, or if it's just lame ass comments about nothing.

I get the idea of it being a place to post random things (which it looks like was the intention), but I would hope it stays pretty random. News, info, etc., should get their own threads.

Just my two cents.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I suggest that we NOT have a general thread on MSU BB? Empty Re: I suggest that we NOT have a general thread on MSU BB?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-27, 18:27

Agreed bro
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I suggest that we NOT have a general thread on MSU BB? Empty Re: I suggest that we NOT have a general thread on MSU BB?

Post by Guest 2014-10-27, 20:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:No offense, LooseGoose, and I'm not trying to prevent you from getting a BTP, but we don't have so much activity on this board that we need to condense things into general topics like that when it's something that is of interest to pretty much everyone except Bob (i.e., MSU Men's basketball is hardly a niche topic like Craft Beer, or even the Red Wings or Tigers to an extent). In fact, it makes the board feel more active if new topics are being posted, which encourages more participation. It's also nice to be able to get the gist of news that is going on by skimming the topics, rather than having to open a thread and scroll down to see if there is anything that is actually new, or if it's just lame ass comments about nothing.

I get the idea of it being a place to post random things (which it looks like was the intention), but I would hope it stays pretty random. News, info, etc., should get their own threads.

Just my two cents.

I think you misread my intentions. I like to have a catchall thread for things that I don't want to start a thread for. I've got no problem with 20 MSU BB threads but if I have some little tidbit to post I'd like to have a general thread to dump it in.

As far as the BTP shit....fuck that, wasn't my intention nor desire. gHost, TanFan, and Blanch are in that club supposedly, not one I'm actively trying to join. SRC or Miser can feel free to put your name on this thread and you can work for that "status".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-10-27, 23:14

LooseGoose wrote:

I think you misread my intentions. I like to have a catchall thread for things that I don't want to start a thread for. I've got no problem with 20 MSU BB threads but if I have some little tidbit to post I'd like to have a general thread to dump it in.

As far as the BTP shit....fuck that, wasn't my intention nor desire. gHost, TanFan, and Blanch are in that club supposedly, not one I'm actively trying to join. SRC or Miser can feel free to put your name on this thread and you can work for that "status".
Did I misread your intentions considering that I said, "I get the idea of it being a place to post random things (which it looks like was the intention), but I would hope it stays pretty random. News, info, etc., should get their own threads."

The Bess injury news being posted in there prompted me to start this thread (yes, I started the thread and exaggerated the point with the subject for effect...and for moderate attention whoring).

(and it was a joke about you trying for a BTP)
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-10-27, 23:29

MiamiSpartan wrote:(and it was a joke about you trying for a BTP)

Goddammit..what's it take to start a I suggest that we NOT have a general thread on MSU BB? 1853518006 around here?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down