Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEC eat their own?

+2
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
6 posters

Go down

SEC eat their own? Empty SEC eat their own?

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 10:10

or prove how strong the conference is...

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

SEC eat their own? Empty Re: SEC eat their own?

Post by InTenSity Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 10:13

Its going to take the SEC losing both games in the Playoff, and going less than 50% with bowl wins. I don't know how that is going to happen when they are apparently the only conference that doesn't have to leave their own region. So they get the cheating, advantageous bowl placements and the backing of the largest propaganda machine in the world. There needs to be an SEC/B1G challenge, in Nov, where SEC teams are forced to play in the north.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 10:15

InTenSity wrote:Its going to take the SEC losing both games in the Playoff, and going less than 50% with bowl wins. I don't know how that is going to happen when they are apparently the only conference that doesn't have to leave their own region. So they get the cheating, advantageous bowl placements and the backing of the largest propaganda machine in the world. [b]There needs to be an SEC/B1G challenge, in Nov, where SEC teams are forced to play in the north. [.b]
meh.. my guess is that we'd still find something to whine about.. officiating, ESPN, the angle of the sun that particular day, etc.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 10:17

InTenSity wrote:Its going to take the SEC losing both games in the Playoff, and going less than 50% with bowl wins. I don't know how that is going to happen when they are apparently the only conference that doesn't have to leave their own region. So they get the cheating, advantageous bowl placements and the backing of the largest propaganda machine in the world. There needs to be an SEC/B1G challenge, in Nov, where SEC teams are forced to play in the north.

Here is the current Miss St recruiting class...just 31 players coming in
https://rivals.yahoo.com/mississippistate/football/recruiting/commitments/

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 10:24

Who in the country outside of the SEC can beat Miss St., Auburn, Alabama in a neutral site game?

ND, MSU, TCU, U of A, Oregon?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 10:28

steveschneider wrote:Who in the country outside of the SEC can beat Miss St., Auburn, Alabama in a neutral site game?

not sure I'd put ND and U of A in that category..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 10:30

steveschneider wrote:Who in the country outside of the SEC can beat Miss St., Auburn, Alabama in a neutral site game?

Probably plenty of teams, but no one in the SEC will play a neutral site outside the south*. 
How do we know how good the SEC teams really are? There is no good way to know. Don't tell me that a PAC12 team that has to travel to N.O. to play LSU is considered a 'neutral' site. 

*LSU seems to be the one team that will travel and will schedule other top P5 conference teams, they get a pass.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 10:38

Think Auburn is the best team of those 3, but MSU has the best player who also happens to play QB so you'd need a good D (or at least one that can step up for a game) to beat them.

Think OSU has a D that could beat Miss St
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 10:57

I just think 4 teams for a playoff is stupid, should make it 8.

Also, the process just seems so arbitrary. The undefeated teams makes sense but once you get to the one loss teams you could pick just about any of them. They should just put teams up on a dart board, have the committee selection team throw a few darts and where ever the most darts land that's how you rank the teams.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 11:01

steveschneider wrote:I just think 4 teams for a playoff is stupid, should make it 8.

Also, the process just seems so arbitrary. The undefeated teams makes sense but once you get to the one loss teams you could pick just about any of them. They should just put teams up on a dart board, have the committee selection team throw a few darts and where ever the most darts land that's how you rank the teams.
Why do undefeated teams make sense? The B1G would be better off scheduling 1 FCS team, 3 MAC teams, then playing IU, Rutgers, MD, Illinois, UMich, MD and Purdue. That way, the team that had that schedule would be undefeated and therefor a top 2 team without playing a single winning team.

Maybe the other conferences should just drop the SEC, and have their own champion, and let the SEC have their champion and call it good.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 11:01

steveschneider wrote:I just think 4 teams for a playoff is stupid

especially when we're not one of the 4..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 11:04

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Think Auburn is the best team of those 3, but MSU has the best player who also happens to play QB so you'd need a good D (or at least one that can step up for a game) to beat them.

Think OSU has a D that could beat Miss St

MSU would have beaten Auburn last year and would do so this year. If Cook played his best game, a Miss St game would be fun to watch.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 11:13

InTenSity wrote:
Why do undefeated teams make sense? The B1G would be better off scheduling 1 FCS team, 3 MAC teams, then playing IU, Rutgers, MD, Illinois, UMich, MD and Purdue. That way, the team that had that schedule would be undefeated and therefor a top 2 team without playing a single winning team.

Maybe the other conferences should just drop the SEC, and have their own champion, and let the SEC have their champion and call it good.

Because FSU beat oklahoma st, the citadel, clemson, nc state, wake forest, syracuse, and notre dame...

you have to put the undefeated teams up there because that's how CFB works, but there's no way to actually say they are better when schedules are so different. MSU and a few other teams would be undefeated with FSU's schedule
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 11:16

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Because FSU beat oklahoma st, the citadel, clemson, nc state, wake forest, syracuse, and notre dame...

you have to put the undefeated teams up there because that's how CFB works, but there's no way to actually say they are better when schedules are so different. MSU and a few other teams would be undefeated with FSU's schedule

Of the two Miss St. being undefeated especially with the win against Alabama I can see why they are in the top 4.

FSU, defending champs and undefeated so I think they belong there as well. I can't see a reason why a one loss team should jump either of those teams.

Edit, I messed up I meant Auburn not Alabama for the quality win of Miss St.. Whoops!

Last edited by steveschneider on Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 11:29; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 11:26

steveschneider wrote:

Of the two Miss St. being undefeated especially with the win against Alabama I can see why they are in the top 4.

FSU, defending champs and undefeated so I think they belong there as well. I can't see a reason why a one loss team should jump either of those teams.

Alabama has 1 good win in week 1 against WVU... they have talent on paper and should be good but how good are they this year?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 11:31

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Alabama has 1 good win in week 1 against WVU... they have talent on paper and should be good but how good are they this year?

They looked unbelievable against Texas A&M.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 11:38

steveschneider wrote:

the team on a 3 game skid about to bench their QB?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 11:39

Arkansas, who hasn't won an SEC game in a year or 2, took A&M to OT. A&M isn't any good. If they played in the B1G, they would be middle of the road at best, with an upset win here or there. They got the bump for beating a 4-4 SEC team. A&M is garbage and doesn't play any D.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 11:51

steveschneider wrote:

Edit, I messed up I meant Auburn not Alabama for the quality win of Miss St.. Whoops!

The chair of the committee said that they did not in any way consider past seasons, so how exactly does FSU's body of work, undefeated or not, make them the second best team in the country?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 13:00

Rocinante wrote:

The chair of the committee said that they did not in any way consider past seasons, so how exactly does FSU's body of work, undefeated or not, make them the second best team in the country?

I guess the next question is then, for those that don't think FSU is in the top 2 where do you rank them?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 29 Oct 2014 - 13:04

steveschneider wrote:

I guess the next question is then, for those that don't think FSU is in the top 2 where do you rank them?

One higher than Notre Dame.

I'd have carpet-bombed Tallahassee for their rape cover ups though, so what do I know?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum