Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wearable Technology: I don't get the fuss

+6
Robert J Sakimano
LoneWolfSparty
Nommad2
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
10 posters

Go down

Wearable Technology: I don't get the fuss Empty Wearable Technology: I don't get the fuss

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-10-30, 11:44

Microsoft Band is a game changer

Apple Watch, MS Band. Whatever, whatever.

Do I really need tSwill and Twitter on my wrist?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Wearable Technology: I don't get the fuss Empty Re: Wearable Technology: I don't get the fuss

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-30, 11:47

To sort of hijack the thread, did you hear about the guy that just walked away from a Bronco's game last week? I thought it was awesome. They had a hard time tracking him down because he only used cash, no credit cards, and he didn't have a phone. Because of that he was technically 'off the grid' and law enforcement had no way of tracking him down.

I say all that because all of these bands and things, probably have a form of GPS in them, and that makes everything you do trackable. Granted, people could just throw their phone away and walk away as well.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Wearable Technology: I don't get the fuss Empty Re: Wearable Technology: I don't get the fuss

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-30, 11:52

Fuck technology at this point. I'm 21 and I am sick of the social media/technology age. Christ, I don't need a ****ing watch with twitter on it or glasses that have my facebook on it.

There is going to be a lot of $ to be made in the future when people need to be treated for technology addictions.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-10-30, 12:09

I'd like be able to see 75 yrs or so into the future to see if people have voluntarily become cyborgs.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-10-30, 12:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck technology at this point. I'm 21 and I am sick of the social media/technology age. Christ, I don't need a ****ing watch with twitter on it or glasses that have my facebook on it.

There is going to be a lot of $ to be made in the future when people need to be treated for technology addictions.

21 going on 81
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-10-30, 13:13

I've got a Moto 360. Thing is sweet.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-30, 13:24

I wear a digital watch when I'm running. That's it.. part of the reason I run is to get away from all of the technology.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-30, 13:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I wear a digital watch when I'm running. That's it.. part of the reason I run is to get away from all of the technology.

Do you listen to music while you run?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-10-30, 13:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I wear a digital watch when I'm running. That's it.. part of the reason I run is to get away from all of the technology.

Does it have a heart rate monitor and GPS on it?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-30, 14:00

Rocinante wrote:

21 going on 81

21 going on fuck caring about the amount of likes you get on Facebook, or favorites/retweets on Twiiter. I don't care about your social media account. Get out a little bit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-30, 14:00

InTenSity wrote:
Do you listen to music while you run?
nope... a) I don't think I'd enjoy that and b) I don't think it's very safe.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-30, 14:01

Herbie Green wrote:

Does it have a heart rate monitor and GPS on it?
nope.. I have ran with a heart rate monitor before but that was years and years ago.. when I would "train" - Wearable Technology: I don't get the fuss 502811600  - now I just "run"... and no GPS because I tend to know where I am.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-10-30, 14:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I have ran

Maybe you should have ran your way to an English class.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-30, 14:11

Ass Dan wrote:

Maybe you should have ran your way to an English class.
well, an MSU education will only take ya so far....Wearable Technology: I don't get the fuss 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-10-30, 16:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

21 going on fuck caring about the amount of likes you get on Facebook, or favorites/retweets on Twiiter. I don't care about your social media account. Get out a little bit.

LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-10-30, 16:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Easy killer.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-10-30, 18:59

I don't have Facebook or Twitter because I already do enough crap online on these AWESOME message boards. That being said, I understand why people do Facebook, it's a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. I get Twitter for things like breaking news, but I don't get why people want to tweet their own things.

Then again I wasn't going to upgrade to a smart phone either, but DAMN I LOVE MY GALAXY S4!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down