Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More fun at UM: New Prez apologizes to Hoke

+13
LoneWolfSparty
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Rocinante
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
Ass Dan
Floyd Robertson
75alum
Code_Warrior
Heat Miser
NigelUno
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

More fun at UM:  New Prez apologizes to Hoke Empty More fun at UM: New Prez apologizes to Hoke

Post by NigelUno 2014-11-12, 10:39

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11863811/michigan-president-mark-schlissel-apologizes-brady-hoke-comments-academics
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

More fun at UM:  New Prez apologizes to Hoke Empty Re: More fun at UM: New Prez apologizes to Hoke

Post by Heat Miser 2014-11-12, 10:44

More fun at UM:  New Prez apologizes to Hoke 1494614055 They're getting pretty good at apologizing.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

More fun at UM:  New Prez apologizes to Hoke Empty Re: More fun at UM: New Prez apologizes to Hoke

Post by Code_Warrior 2014-11-12, 11:01

Schlissel may will deliver athletic mediocrity for many years to come.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-11-12, 11:11

Schlissel and the academic department are light years apart from his vision. Academics first and sports second. It's Michigan, (almost ivy league) for God's sake! Hoke couldn't communicate with the kind of recruit Schlissel expects. Next up, Michigan's imbalance ratio of minority athletes.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-11-12, 11:12

Code_Warrior wrote:Schlissel may will deliver athletic mediocrity for many years to come.

Here's hoping that he's Wharton, Mackey and DiBiaggio all rolled into one.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-11-12, 11:13

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Here's hoping that he's Wharton, Mackey and DiBiaggio all rolled into one.

They will be troopers compared to Schlissel. Bwaaahahaha
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-11-12, 11:17

I think the heart of this with students, faculty, and administration at UM is that they will tolerate some academic disparity with the rest of the student body as long as the team is winning (and otherwise not embarrassing the university).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-11-12, 11:21

75alum wrote:Schlissel and the academic department are light years apart from his vision. Academics first and sports second. It's Michigan, (almost ivy league) for God's sake! Hoke couldn't communicate with the kind of recruit Schlissel expects. Next up, Michigan's imbalance ratio of minority athletes.

There was a march on campus a couple weeks ago about this. Guarantee he deals with it soon
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-11-12, 11:25

NigelUno wrote:I think the heart of this with students, faculty, and administration at UM is that they will tolerate some academic disparity with the rest of the student body as long as the team is winning (and otherwise not embarrassing the university).  

Most interesting will be the line of compromise.  How much winning versus academic standard.  DiBaggio was a constant thorn in the athletic department's side.  How many wins will settle the masses vs. academic standards that will block many 4 and 5 star players that were once welcome?
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-11-12, 11:48

He had some interesting comments on practice time. Could he be any more obvious that he wants to de-emphasize athletics? If I was a Michigan fan, I might be worried.

"If I could wave my magic wand and really change things for these student-athletes, I would. The NCAA says 20.5 hours is the max, but it turns out nobody follows that. There are ways that they work around it and if it was only us, it'd be ridiculous. I'd clean house. But it's everybody."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-12, 11:49

Are the big donors really going to let Michigan athletics go down this path? No. Let's not suck each others dicks just yet.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-12, 12:10

bump..

this needs to stay at the top of the page.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-11-12, 12:14

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are the big donors really going to let Michigan athletics go down this path? No. Let's not suck each others dicks just yet.

MERICA.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-11-12, 12:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are the big donors really going to let Michigan athletics go down this path?

The big donors disappeared when the basketball team embarrassed UM.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-12, 12:33

DWags wrote:

MERICA.
Yup. $ over everythang.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-11-12, 12:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Yup. $ over everythang.

What's your major?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-12, 12:36

Rocinante wrote:

What's your major?

Guess.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-12, 12:36

Ass Dan wrote:

There was a march on campus a couple weeks ago about this. Guarantee he deals with it soon

When is there not a march on that campus? Whiniest students in America are at UM.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-11-12, 12:37

Guess.

Packaging. That will be my only guess, so if you don't tell me I'll forget about it because I don't care that much.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-12, 12:39

Guess.

Animal Production/Management with a concentration in beef cattle.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-12, 12:40

Rocinante wrote:

I don't care that much.

Then why did you bring it up?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-11-12, 12:41

Turtleneck wrote:

Then why did you bring it up?

Because I care a little.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-12, 12:42

Rocinante wrote:

Packaging. That will be my only guess, so if you don't tell me I'll forget about it because I don't care that much.

Psychology with minor in sociology. I'm not very smart, I know. Going to get my masters in administration or education.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-12, 12:43

Psychology with minor in sociology. I'm not very smart, I know. Going to get my masters in administration or education.
like.. you're going.. this weekend?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-11-12, 12:44

Turtleneck wrote:

When is there not a march on that campus? Whiniest students in America are at UM.

You mean there aren't on-campus protests about the AD, Divestment in Israel, minority student ratios, the AD again, sexual orientation bravery marches, affirmative action and a million other causes at other universities?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-11-12, 12:44

Okay. Your rhetoric matches your real world self. Just checking. I also majored in something that will never make me rich.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-11-12, 12:45

Ass Dan wrote:

You mean there aren't on-campus protests about the AD, Divestment in Israel, minority student ratios, the AD again, sexual orientation bravery marches, affirmative action and a million other causes at other universities?
So PCU was a documentary on um?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-12, 12:46

Rocinante wrote:

Okay. Your rhetoric matches your real world self. Just checking. I also majored in something that will never make me rich.

Yeah it's the only thing I actually enjoyed learning about so I said fuck it why not as long as I'm comfortable. I'm not having kids so
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-12, 12:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:like.. you're going.. this weekend?

I think he is on his way right now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-11-12, 12:48

Yeah it's the only thing I actually enjoyed learning about so I said fuck it why not as long as I'm comfortable. I'm not having kids so

Everybody says they're not having kids. Then you get into your thirties and things change.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-11-12, 12:48

Guess.

Animal husbandry. And you've spent the night with sheep
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-11-12, 12:49

Psych major, eh?

Can you make any broad sweeping generalizations about people who dress up as "superfans"?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-12, 12:50

Rocinante wrote:

Everybody says they're not having kids. Then you get into your thirties and things change.

If tSwill is still around, I'll bump this in 9 or so years. I'm not going to make a lot of money but it will feel like it. Live in a smaller house, travel when I can, and relax in the summers. Yup. I like that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-11-12, 12:51

Rocinante wrote:

True. I dislike kids ever more now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-11-12, 12:58

NigelUno wrote:

Psych major, eh?

Can you make any broad sweeping generalizations about people who dress up as "superfans"?

I should bring nedgo in for a presentation.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-12, 12:59

I should bring nedgo in for a presentation.
presentation?

that guy is a doctoral dissertation just begging to be researched..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-11-12, 13:02

Blue Wall to the rescue!

UM doing fine with academics in football, stats show

Guess their new Ivy League prez don't know shit.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-11-12, 13:09

Heat Miser wrote:Blue Wall to the rescue!

UM doing fine with academics in football, stats show

Guess their new Ivy League prez don't know shit.

As Flounder uttered in Animal House, "oh boy, this is gonna be great" More fun at UM:  New Prez apologizes to Hoke 276803595
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-11-12, 13:51

NigelUno wrote:

The big donors disappeared when the basketball team embarrassed UM.
I don't know, Stephen Ross still donates some pocket change here and there.

I do wonder how much donars, as well as the board, will really let UM de-emphasize football.

I also think this guy might just be blowing smoke to a certain extent. These things remind me a little of what Jim Harbaugh said a few years ago. Whether it's to try to lure Harbaugh, or if he already thinks he has Harbaugh, who knows.

I don't trust anything said out of that place, ESPECIALLY as it pertains to the relationship between football and athletics.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-11-12, 14:14

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I don't know, Stephen Ross still donates some pocket change here and there.

I do wonder how much donars, as well as the board, will really let UM de-emphasize football.

I also think this guy might just be blowing smoke to a certain extent. These things remind me a little of what Jim Harbaugh said a few years ago. Whether it's to try to lure Harbaugh, or if he already thinks he has Harbaugh, who knows.

I don't trust anything said out of that place, ESPECIALLY as it pertains to the relationship between football and athletics.

Thanks for pissing in my popcorn More fun at UM:  New Prez apologizes to Hoke 901027492 Hope you're wrong.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next