Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orange Bowl tickets

+9
InTenSity
Other Teams Pursuing That
Heat Miser
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
Blanch32
MiamiSpartan
HT
13 posters

Go down

Orange Bowl tickets Empty Orange Bowl tickets

Post by HT 12/1/2014, 10:27 pm

I have no clue if we're actually going or not, but the threads here and on RCMB got me thinking...how much would it cost to go to the Orange Bowl?

Checked StubHub and it's only $46 a ticket for the cheapest ones. Man, I really wish the Rose Bowl was that cheap! The Rose Bowl was more than worth it (though it's cleaned me out for a while), but damn, if tickets are that cheap I really want to go to Miami for the Orange Bowl if we make it, but need to figure out how to swing the cash for it. 

Just a random observation. I really hope we can get the Orange Bowl. Those are cheap tickets and I can see Spartans invading it.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Orange Bowl tickets Empty Re: Orange Bowl tickets

Post by MiamiSpartan 12/1/2014, 11:18 pm

Completely depends on who is playing, but if the cheapest seats go for more than the $46 you mentioned, it would be a rarity. They often end up a lot cheaper than that, but it all depends on the matchup. There is no significant local interest that will drive prices up unless they are a fan of one of the teams.

If it is Ga Tech and MSU, I expect a lot of cheap tickets. GT doesnt have a big fan base and MSU can only bring so many (even Iowa fans couldn't make up for what GT lacked in a fans to make it a sell out a few years back). Not sure how FSU would draw. More grads move to Atlanta than Miami, but its still not too far for anyone in the SE. But it would be a big let down for them.

I don't think Michigan State fans would invade all that much. 2+ years ago, hell yes. But its not the biggest bowl game in 25 years like it would have been before last year. It is a good place for people to visit, but people aren't going to scrape their pennies together and make sacrifices to go like they would have in the past. Not that it will be only 8,000 Spartans, but I don't know if we could top 30k, and maybe not 20k if it is still felt as a let down.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 12/2/2014, 9:41 pm

If orange, I should be there. Fly into Orlando for 100 then rent a car and drive from there.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 12/2/2014, 9:55 pm

Fuck Georgia Tech.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 12/2/2014, 10:10 pm

Blanch32 wrote:If orange, I should be there.  Fly into Orlando for 100 then rent a car and drive from there.

Isn't Orlando like a 6 hour drive? I have free lodging in Orlando but fuck that noise.

Who am I kidding, I'm not going anywhere unless we make the playoff.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/2/2014, 10:29 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Isn't Orlando like a 6 hour drive? I have free lodging in Orlando but fuck that noise.

I'm with you, fuck this Orange Bowl talk until Teams 4-7 all survive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 12/2/2014, 10:31 pm

Blanch32 wrote:If orange, I should be there. Fly into Orlando for 100 then rent a car and drive from there.

Please stay home.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 12/2/2014, 10:32 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:If orange, I should be there.  Fly into Orlando for 100 then rent a car and drive from there.

4 hours
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 12/3/2014, 12:20 am

Miser, I wouldn't have pegged you for such a slow driver. Just kidding, but 4 hours seems long. I guess it depends where in South Florida someone is staying, but from the stadium area to the Orlando airport, it can't be more than 3 1/2.

Either way, it is nowhere near the 6 hours asked about and not a bad drive if there is any significant savings. Its like driving from EL to Traverse City.

People looking at flights (should the OB happen for us) should also look at Ft Myers (small airport, easy in/out, like Lansing or Flint). That's 2-2.5 hours. Maybe Palm Beach, but I think Ft Myers has more options from Michigan. Tampa is a good 4-4.5 hours depending where you're staying. That's all if Ft Lauderdale or Miami don't work out, of course.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 12/3/2014, 3:21 am

natty or bust for me
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 12/3/2014, 5:02 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:Miser, I wouldn't have pegged you for such a slow driver. Just kidding, but 4 hours seems long. I guess it depends where in South Florida someone is staying, but from the stadium area to the Orlando airport, it can't be more than 3 1/2.

Either way, it is nowhere near the 6 hours asked about and not a bad drive if there is any significant savings. Its like driving from EL to Traverse City.

People looking at flights (should the OB happen for us) should also look at Ft Myers (small airport, easy in/out, like Lansing or Flint). That's 2-2.5 hours. Maybe Palm Beach, but I think Ft Myers has more options from Michigan. Tampa is a good 4-4.5 hours depending where you're staying. That's all if Ft Lauderdale or Miami don't work out, of course.
It's a 40 minute drive from Kendall. 4 hours it's about right, longer if you don't take the turnpike.

Driving around in Miami is almost impossible without a sunpass.

InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 12/3/2014, 8:11 am

Look at all these broke mo fos in this thread....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 12/3/2014, 8:19 am

Blanch32 wrote:Look at all these broke mo fos in this thread....
Says the guy who started this discussion by saying he would be flying in to Orlando to save a few bucks.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 12/3/2014, 8:25 am

it's gonna be fun..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 12/30/2014, 9:32 am

8K tickets for sale on Stub Hub, starting at $3.50 for the Orange Bowl.

2500 tickets for Cotton Bowl, starting at $46.50.

I'm guessing that Baylor gets a nice home game, but at least they'll be wearing green.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 12/30/2014, 12:49 pm

It seems like every year the orange bowl has ridiculously cheap tickets. Sucks to be them.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 12/30/2014, 3:15 pm

Chitown_Badger wrote:It seems like every year the orange bowl has ridiculously cheap tickets. Sucks to be them.
Playing at 8pm on NYE isn't a great idea either. The stadium is about an hour from South Beach and its expensive to come down here. Iowa did a pretty good job, and I think they ate up about 40k tickets. The stadium holds about 65k or so.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 12/30/2014, 3:20 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Playing at 8pm on NYE isn't a great idea either. The stadium is about an hour from South Beach and its expensive to come down here. Iowa did a pretty good job, and I think they ate up about 40k tickets. The stadium holds about 65k or so.

Iowa does travel well.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 12/30/2014, 4:05 pm

The fact that shitty teams like Cincinnati and Northern Illinois sometimes get in doesn't help.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 12/28/2015, 4:47 pm

BTW, I checked StubHub yesterday. Tickets are going for around $65. Not sure who bought them all up, but that would have to be selling at a loss. I'm going to be surprised if the stadium is more than 1/2 full. Same with MSU's game, it would surprise me if there is more than 10k MSU fans there.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 12/28/2015, 10:46 pm

InTenSity wrote:BTW, I checked StubHub yesterday. Tickets are going for around $65. Not sure who bought them all up, but that would have to be selling at a loss. I'm going to be surprised if the stadium is more than 1/2 full. Same with MSU's game, it would surprise me if there is more than 10k MSU fans there.

I'll let you know. Orange Bowl tickets 55953254

Go Green!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 12/29/2015, 10:21 am

InTenSity wrote:BTW, I checked StubHub yesterday. Tickets are going for around $65. Not sure who bought them all up, but that would have to be selling at a loss. I'm going to be surprised if the stadium is more than 1/2 full. Same with MSU's game, it would surprise me if there is more than 10k MSU fans there.
I'd have to think that it's one of the downsides of the CFP system, a lot of people will hold off on the semi-final to save for what will hopefully be their team in the final. Having said that, it's going to be way more than half full. Even when there's a meaningless Orange Bowl, they usually draw 65K, often over 70K. Last year's 58K was the lowest since 2009 (and 2009 was hardly a BCS-worthy matchup between #12 Cincinnati and #21 VaTech). However, being on NYE hurts it, and I think that's what made attendance as low as it was last year. If your team isn't playing, you need to be a pretty die hard college football fan to go to a meaningless game at 8pm on NYE.

At least this year it's at 4pm, and it is a playoff game, so you may get some locals going. With the reasonable prices that they're going for, I'd go in a heart beat if it wasn't for the fact that it would cause me to miss the beginning of our game by the time I got out of there and home or to the bar. If prices get super cheap, I may still consider going and leaving at the end of the 3rd quarter (which would likely guarantee the second greatest ending in college football history).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 12/29/2015, 10:24 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I'd have to think that it's one of the downsides of the CFP system, a lot of people will hold off on the semi-final to save for what will hopefully be their team in the final. Having said that, it's going to be way more than half full. Even when there's a meaningless Orange Bowl, they usually draw 65K, often over 70K. Last year's 58K was the lowest since 2009 (and 2009 was hardly a BCS-worthy matchup between #12 Cincinnati and #21 VaTech). However, being on NYE hurts it, and I think that's what made attendance as low as it was last year. If your team isn't playing, you need to be a pretty die hard college football fan to go to a meaningless game at 8pm on NYE.

At least this year it's at 4pm, and it is a playoff game, so you may get some locals going. With the reasonable prices that they're going for, I'd go in a heart beat if it wasn't for the fact that it would cause me to miss the beginning of our game by the time I got out of there and home or to the bar. If prices get super cheap, I may still consider going and leaving at the end of the 3rd quarter (which would likely guarantee the second greatest ending in college football history).
I thought the stadium only held about 70k or so. I remember watching on NYE last year, and it was kinda empty, also I think it was foggy and raining. They might sell over half the tickets, but who actually shows up is a different story. If you want to go, I could ask a few people for tickets. Did I ever tell you how much the Rose Bowl tickets were that I got?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 12/29/2015, 1:29 pm

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I thought the stadium only held about 70k or so. I remember watching on NYE last year, and it was kinda empty, also I think it was foggy and raining. They might sell over half the tickets, but who actually shows up is a different story. If you want to go, I could ask a few people for tickets. Did I ever tell you how much the Rose Bowl tickets were that I got?
The stadium capacity is smaller now, but it used to be 72-74K, I believe.

I appreciate the offer, but I don't know what I'll be doing with the family prior to the game yet. Are you going?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 12/29/2015, 2:07 pm

Nah, I don't have any plans to go. I'm just hoping to be out of work by 3.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 12/29/2015, 2:18 pm

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I thought the stadium only held about 70k or so. I remember watching on NYE last year, and it was kinda empty, also I think it was foggy and raining. They might sell over half the tickets, but who actually shows up is a different story. If you want to go, I could ask a few people for tickets. Did I ever tell you how much the Rose
Bowl tickets were that I got?

Let me know if you can get some. I have a Clemson buddy that could use them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 12/29/2015, 2:25 pm

NigelUno wrote:
ok. There are tickets now at $45 on StubHub.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 12/29/2015, 2:47 pm

InTenSity wrote:
NigelUno wrote:
ok. There are tickets now at $45 on StubHub.

Probably looking for Club or lower deck.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down