Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time!

+4
NigelUno
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
LoneWolfSparty
8 posters

Go down

Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time! Empty Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time!

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-04, 23:55

Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time! 502811600

America's team!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time! Empty Re: Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time!

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-04, 23:58

I'm pretty sure I see at least 12 of their games on tv throughout the season. I'm not a hater really, I just don't care. Itd be nice to see some other teams once in awhile.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time! Empty Re: Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time!

Post by DWags 2014-12-05, 01:37

They certainly seem to have the most fans nationwide. No doubt about that. And for over 20 years all those fans have watched a piece of shit team being run into the ground by a piece of shit owner. I remember when Jimmy Johnson was there and the big three and you knew when you were playing them (Green Bay fan here) you were in trouble. Now? Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time! 1494614055 It's a joke of a team and they run a joke of a program. They just have the most fans in America who are dispointed every year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-05, 07:15

They will have to face the Falcons in the 1st round of the playoffs.  Enjoy it while you can.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-05, 08:23

The butt hurt is strong.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-12-05, 08:50

DWags wrote:They certainly seem to have the most fans nationwide. No doubt about that. And for over 20 years all those fans have watched a piece of shit team being run into the ground by a piece of shit owner. I remember when Jimmy Johnson was there and the big three and you knew when you were playing them (Green Bay fan here) you were in trouble. Now? Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time! 1494614055 It's a joke of a team and they run a joke of a program. They just have the most fans in America who are dispointed every year.

Yeah I never understood that. My ex brother in law is a huge Dallas fan and he's never even set foot in the state nor does he have any ties to it. Proximity fans I can see, but the other side of the country?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-05, 08:57

LoneWolfSparty wrote:The butt hurt is strong.

Settle down. They are America's team only if you count Mexico as part of America.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-05, 11:58

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Yeah I never understood that. My ex brother in law is a huge Dallas fan and he's never even set foot in the state nor does he have any ties to it. Proximity fans I can see, but the other side of the country?

While I am a native Texan, I've never understood this. "By no choice of my own I was born in -insert city- so I have to be a fan of their teams!" confused
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-12-05, 12:25

DWags wrote:They certainly seem to have the most fans nationwide. No doubt about that. And for over 20 years all those fans have watched a piece of shit team being run into the ground by a piece of shit owner. I remember when Jimmy Johnson was there and the big three and you knew when you were playing them (Green Bay fan here) you were in trouble. Now? Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time! 1494614055 It's a joke of a team and they run a joke of a program. They just have the most fans in America who are dispointed every year.
Over 20 years? 19 years ago they won the Super Bowl. 20 years ago they were in the NFC Championship game. 21 years ago they won the Super Bowl. 22 years ago they won the Super Bowl. So it's more like 18 years of a shitty team. Wink

But I suppose there's something to be said for them still having the most fans nationwide despite shitty teams, as opposed to them all being Patriots fans now. Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time! 2599972566
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-05, 12:52

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Over 20 years? 19 years ago they won the Super Bowl. 20 years ago they were in the NFC Championship game. 21 years ago they won the Super Bowl. 22 years ago they won the Super Bowl. So it's more like 18 years of a shitty team. Wink

But I suppose there's something to be said for them still having the most fans nationwide despite shitty teams, as opposed to them all being Patriots fans now. Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time! 2599972566

The Dolphins. Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time! 502811600
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-05, 13:02

Merchandise Sales:

1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Denver Broncos
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. New England Patriots
6. Green Bay Packers
7. Chicago Bears
8. Pittsburgh Steelers
9. New Orleans Saints
10. New York Giants
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties 2014-12-05, 13:15

What an accomplishment! National TV!!!! PRIME TIME!!!!!!

How will other teams ever compete??? The cowboys are getting all the exposure!!!!!
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-05, 13:17

1. Seattle Seahawks - Defending Superbowl Champions
2. Denver Broncos - Runner-up in last Superbowl
3. San Francisco 49ers - Superbowl runner-up 2 years ago and NFC championship game loser last year
4. Dallas Cowboys 8-8 the last three seasons

I'd have to say that 1-3 are expected. Being #4 proves their overall popularity.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-12-05, 13:43

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

The Dolphins. Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time! 502811600
I hate the Dolphins. I'm a Cowboys fan, too (but no where near to the level that I follow MSU or college sports). I still recognize that they've been mostly shitty for 18 years, and credit should be given to maintaining a nationwide fanbase when people used to say it was all bandwagoners. Yeah, I was a bandwagoner once...when I was 6 years old. I was a little kid who was drawn to Staubach in the 79 SuperBowl loss, so if that pisses the haters off, so be it. My first ever jersey with an athlete's name/number on it was #11 "D. White". Loved the Danny White/Tony Dorsett/Doug Cosby/Drew Pearson/Too Tall/Randy White etc., era. Anyone who knew me in high school would tell you that I was a big fan even during the 1-15 season (at least we beat the Redskins!).

Hell, I wouldn't have met my wife if not for being a Cowboys fan. I started talking to her at a bar because she was wearing a Cowboys shirt.

What's funny is how many people still hate a team that has been irrelevant for 18 years.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-05, 13:49

Drew Pearson pushed off.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-05, 13:53

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

While I am a native Texan, I've never understood this. "By no choice of my own I was born in -insert city- so I have to be a fan of their teams!" confused
Convenience mostly. Its what you hear about all around you, who everyone else roots for, etc. Pre internet days it would have been nearly impossible to truly be a fan of any team other than the local one, you'd never be able to follow them. Now it's more doable, but you would still have to actively seek information rather than just picking up the local newspaper that you're picking up anyway.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-12-05, 14:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Convenience mostly. Its what you hear about all around you, who everyone else roots for, etc. Pre internet days it would have been nearly impossible to truly be a fan of any team other than the local one, you'd never be able to follow them. Now it's more doable, but you would still have to actively seek information rather than just picking up the local newspaper that you're picking up anyway.

Next week the Cowboys play on Sunday Night, making it 4 straight National TV games, and 3 of 4 in prime time! 1494614055
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-05, 17:23

LoneWolfSparty wrote:1. Seattle Seahawks - Defending Superbowl Champions
2. Denver Broncos - Runner-up in last Superbowl
3. San Francisco 49ers - Superbowl runner-up 2 years ago and NFC championship game loser last year
4. Dallas Cowboys 8-8 the last three seasons

I'd have to say that 1-3 are expected. Being #4 proves their overall popularity.

When you're a Packer fan, you just don't care. We know who we are. They are more fun to beat when they're good but it's been two decades.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down