Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Switching to ATT Uverse

+2
NigelUno
InTenSity
6 posters

Go down

Switching to ATT Uverse Empty Switching to ATT Uverse

Post by InTenSity Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:38 pm

The association I live in decided to not renew with Comcast. I really don't mind that much as I don't like their TV lineup that much and I think they horde their internet over their customers. Anyone have UVerse? Comments, good and bad? I am worried about the internet speeds, as I think the max they can do is 18 or 24, but they charge about the same as Comcast does for 50. As part of our association fee's we're going to get the U200, a whole house DVR and an extra box. I already looked at the cable lineup, and I'm stoked because BTN is part of that lineup. Am I going to hate it in about 6 months?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Switching to ATT Uverse Empty Re: Switching to ATT Uverse

Post by NigelUno Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:42 pm

My Uverse would always go on the fritz when it rained for some reason. Hated it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:43 pm

Anyone know if this is available in Lansing?

I am paying out my ass for all these services and don't want to bundle Comcast.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:55 pm

Herbie Green wrote:Anyone know if this is available in Lansing?

I am paying out my ass for all these services and don't want to bundle Comcast.

I don't think it's that easy as asking is it available in Lansing. I lived in a neighborhood where it wasn't available. Across the street it was.

https://www.att.com/shop/availability.html?WT.srch=1&wtPaidSearchTerm=Check+Availability
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ten Referee Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:57 pm

The internet sucked donkey balls.

The TV was alright. Whole home DVR was nice. HD channels were sketchy at best. 720p is apparently subjective. They will give you a great deal for 1 year and then it's back to outrageous prices. Our rate jumped $60 a month after the one year promotion was up. Wireless tv receivers were the shit, though.
Big Ten Referee
Big Ten Referee
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:59 pm

Big Ten Referee wrote:The internet sucked donkey balls.

The TV was alright. Whole home DVR was nice. HD channels were sketchy at best. 720p is apparently subjective. They will give you a great deal for 1 year and then it's back to outrageous prices. Our rate jumped $60 a month after the one year promotion was up. Wireless tv receivers were the shit, though.
Is it still DSL, I'm thinking about just keeping the Comcast internet service. See if they will continue with the deal I have (I doubt it). The place I live in was built in the 70's, I'm worried about the wiring, because I hear it is going through the phone lines, but I have no idea where they are even at. Can they set it up like cable?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Been great for me, but they ran fiber to our neighborhood. I've heard the Uverse experience on copper is crap but if you have fiber to your local switch it works well. I was on AT&T DSL (internet only) prior and it was horrible.

We're on the whole thing, phone, internet, cable and it all works.

I'm not a network guy though so I may have butchered that explanation.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:11 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I don't think it's that easy as asking is it available in Lansing.  I lived in a neighborhood where it wasn't available.  Across the street it was.

https://www.att.com/shop/availability.html?WT.srch=1&wtPaidSearchTerm=Check+Availability

No dice.

I have comcast internet on a good price, but then I pay through the roof for Dish (but I like it).  I hate to switch to Comcast cable just to get screwed later.  I even have comcast phone and I think basic cable, neither of which I even use but somehow gives me internet for $30/month.

The fact I pay like $400/month for all this stuff including cell phone is just outrageous to me.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Herbie Green wrote:

No dice.

I have comcast internet on a good price, but then I pay through the roof for Dish (but I like it).  I hate to switch to Comcast cable just to get screwed later.  I even have comcast phone and I think basic cable, neither of which I even use but somehow gives me internet for $30/month.

The fact I pay like $400/month for all this stuff including cell phone is just outrageous to me.
Wouldn't it be cheaper to cut the cord, go to the bars for any live games you wanted to watch, and just stream through Netflix or Amazon Prime? Use Red Box for movies? Comcast even has a tier where you can get HBO, to be able to watch HBOgo with just internet.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:27 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Wouldn't it be cheaper to cut the cord, go to the bars for any live games you wanted to watch, and just stream through Netflix or Amazon Prime? Use Red Box for movies? Comcast even has a tier where you can get HBO, to be able to watch HBOgo with just internet.

Oh yeah I just added netflix for $8/month. My 11 year old daughter has been on me for months that she has to have a cell phone. Oh even just texting she says will do. That's $30/month, $60 for a smart phone. I have put my foot down on that one and refuse to budge. F*** all you parents that are getting your kids Iphones. It is making my life hell.

But no, I don't think I could go to the bar for games. I need to see all of them. And it would probably cost me about $50/game not to mention possibly a DUI.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Oh yeah I just added netflix for $8/month. My 11 year old daughter has been on me for months that she has to have a cell phone. Oh even just texting she says will do. That's $30/month, $60 for a smart phone. I have put my foot down on that one and refuse to budge. F*** all you parents that are getting your kids Iphones. It is making my life hell.

But no, I don't think I could go to the bar for games. I need to see all of them. And it would probably cost me about $50/game not to mention possibly a DUI.

SmarTV, or how about hooking up a computer to your TV and using the TV as a monitor, you could stream most games, and I'm sure you have a friend or relative somewhere that would give you a email address and password to be able to watch games. If the association didn't include TV as part of the fee's, I'd probably cut the cord. I don't watch enough TV shows 'live' and there are plenty to go through, if you have time. Just brainstorming for ya, buddy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:14 pm

InTenSity wrote:

SmarTV, or how about hooking up a computer to your TV and using the TV as a monitor, you could stream most games, and I'm sure you have a friend or relative somewhere that would give you a email address and password to be able to watch games. If the association didn't include TV as part of the fee's, I'd probably cut the cord. I don't watch enough TV shows 'live' and there are plenty to go through, if you have time. Just brainstorming for ya, buddy.

Well I do have AppleTV now. Can I stream every game with that thing? Still, I don't think I could adjust to that lifestyle. I need to do something though. I suppose play the switching game and deal with Comcast for a year and then go back to Dish. But that is a pain.

The cell phone bill is the worst to me. But who can live without a smart phone? And I am a terrible father that my kids are forced to. At least my own phone and internet are business expenses so maybe I shouldn't complain that much.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Herbie Green wrote:

Well I do have AppleTV now.  Can I stream every game with that thing?  Still, I don't think I could adjust to that lifestyle.  I need to do something though.  I suppose play the switching game and deal with Comcast for a year and then go back to Dish.  But that is a pain.  

The cell phone bill is the worst to me.  But who can live without a smart phone?  And I am a terrible father that my kids are forced to.  At least my own phone and internet are business expenses so maybe I shouldn't complain that much.  
I haven't cut the cord. Does AppleTV have Watch ESPN? I think on my TV it has an app for things like that, but I know it doesn't get BTN. If you cut the cord though, you have to still be able to login. I use my sister's info to get BTN when I want to watch it, but I have to stream over my computer. 

I wasn't talking about cutting out your phone, just the TV portion. $400 just seems high, but if you get to write some of that off, maybe its not that bad.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down