Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Miami, Buenvenidos a Miami

+5
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
75alum
Heat Miser
Other Teams Pursuing That
9 posters

Go down

Video Welcome to Miami, Buenvenidos a Miami

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:54 pm

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Video Re: Welcome to Miami, Buenvenidos a Miami

Post by Heat Miser Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Welcome to Miami, Buenvenidos a Miami 2Q==
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Will be there with hands in the air
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Miss state jumped us
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Fucking fuck
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Mother fucker. How does a team jump 3 spots without playing, including over another team that during play...with identical records, and the jumpee having only lost to playoff teams?

Oh well, we are destined to never play in South Florida again. Whether it is the 1999 Orange Bowl that should have been ours, or FAU not finishing their stadium in time, seems to not be in the cards. I'm sure that home and home with Miami will get cancelled, too.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Oops, that's not right
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:23 pm

I love it!!! Cotton > Orange
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I love it!!! Cotton > Orange
Oh yeah, when I remove my personal reasons for wanting the Orange, the Cotton is awesome. Some will feel like it is a smaller bowl because it wasn't BCS, but those days are gone. And I always grew up thinking of it as a cool, traditional bowl similar to the Orange. And of course it is a far better opponent, even though I'm more nervous about playing a pass happy O than I would be a run happy O.

Interestingly, for better or for worse, we are playing in the national championship stadium--a week early--for the second straight year. So close, yet so far away.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Cotton was always my favorite bowl after the Rose. However, under the current circumstances, Orange was preferable.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Cotton was always my favorite bowl after the Rose. However, under the current circumstances, Orange was preferable.

Why? What does beating #12 Georgia Tech from the ACC say?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I don't like the matchup against Baylor. I'd prefer to play GTech. We are better against hte run this year and have had problems with teams that throw on us. Baylor is going to dink and dunk its way around the field, hopefully we can bottle them up in the red zone. I just don't want to get into a shoot out with them.

I was hoping for selfish reasons to go to Orange bowl, and how the fuck does a team go up 3 spots and jump us, when they lost their last game?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:55 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

If you're going to ground your argument in perception, then we can talk about perceptions of the two bowl games. While I like the Cotton Bowl quite a bit, the Orange Bowl is perceived by many to be a much bigger deal. To fans who have been watching college football for quite some time, the Cotton Bowl is a big deal. However, to casual fans and younger fans, the Cotton Bowl is not much of a reward. I could be wrong, but the MSU v. Baylor game will be the first time since 1994, when ND played Texas A&M, that Cotton Bowl has featured two teams ranked in the top 10. Overall, maybe it sounds better to walk into a recruit's home and say "we won a Rose Bowl and came back the next year and won an Orange Bowl" than it does "we won the Cotton Bowl." I don't know, maybe I'm grasping. At the same time, I'm not sure perception of opponent - as ling as it is a power five team - matters as much as you think. GT has some history in CFB. It is a respected program.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:58 pm

InTenSity wrote:

I don't like the matchup against Baylor. I'd prefer to play GTech. We are better against hte run this year and have had problems with teams that throw on us. Baylor is going to dink and dunk its way around the field, hopefully we can bottle them up in the red zone. I just don't want to get into a shoot out with them.

I was hoping for selfish reasons to go to Orange bowl, and how the fuck does a team go up 3 spots and jump us, when they lost their last game?
I am assuming that, in this case, the committee ranked based on the match up it would create. I believe the Orange was the only non-playoff NY6 Bowl that had firm tie ins based on rankings. In other words, the comittee could not choose who to place in the Orange Bowl except by ranking teams a certain way. They've said they wanted the best matchups for the other major bowls. In fact, it may be an ironic measure of respect for MSU that they wanted a better matchup for us than GT.

After all, logically, there is no reason to move Miss St up 3 spots when neither team played and, if anything, our losses became even "better" over the weekend.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

If you're going to ground your argument in perception, then we can talk about perceptions of the two bowl games. While I like the Cotton Bowl quite a bit, the Orange Bowl is perceived by many to be a much bigger deal. To fans who have been watching college football for quite some time, the Cotton Bowl is a big deal. However, to casual fans and younger fans, the Cotton Bowl is not much of a reward. I could be wrong, but the MSU v. Baylor game will be the first time since 1994, when ND played Texas A&M, that Cotton Bowl has featured two teams ranked in the top 10. Overall, maybe it sounds better to walk into a recruit's home and say "we won a Rose Bowl and came back the next year and won an Orange Bowl" than it does "we won the Cotton Bowl." I don't know, maybe I'm grasping. At the same time, I'm not sure perception of opponent - as ling as it is a power five team - matters as much as you think. GT has some history in CFB. It is a respected program.
I'm not going to be upset because ignorant people that pay little attention don't know shit. We are making almost 30% more by going to the Cotton over the Orange (I know it gets divided evenly among all B1G teams, but the point remains that the Cotton is of higher prestige this year than the Orange). Recruits will know what the major bowls are, ESPECIALLY when they see which teams were playing. Besides, in most of the last decade, the Orange Bowl was the joke of the BCS with the terrible match ups that ACC and Big East tie ins led to, so it hasn't often been a must watch bowl while those recruits were growing up. I also expect that ESPN's hype of the major bowls will have people very aware of which are the big ones.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:48 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I'm not going to be upset because ignorant people that pay little attention don't know shit. We are making almost 30% more by going to the Cotton over the Orange (I know it gets divided evenly among all B1G teams, but the point remains that the Cotton is of higher prestige this year than the Orange). Recruits will know what the major bowls are, ESPECIALLY when they see which teams were playing. Besides, in most of the last decade, the Orange Bowl was the joke of the BCS with the terrible match ups that ACC and Big East tie ins led to, so it hasn't often been a must watch bowl while those recruits were growing up. I also expect that ESPN's hype of the major bowls will have people very aware of which are the big ones.

Just think Miami. If we were fucking ecstatic to have a bowl in S. Florida. How fucking crazy was Kings family going? How excited were potential FL recruits at having a chance to meet with Coach D? How many recruits do we get out of TX? 2 in 10 years? Awesome.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:55 pm

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Just think Miami. If we were fucking ecstatic to have a bowl in S. Florida. How fucking crazy was Kings family going? How excited were potential FL recruits at having a chance to meet with Coach D? How many recruits do we get out of TX? 2 in 10 years? Awesome.

Are you drunk? Our 2015 class has 3 kids from TX and 1 from FL.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Heat Miser wrote:

Are you drunk? Our 2015 class has 3 kids from TX and 1 from FL.

I have no idea where our recruits are from. I'm not drunk, but not sober.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:38 pm

I think we no doubt got a better bowl than Orange. Might have been even if Ga Tech won, but now we have a chance to take it to another level.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:43 am

Love me some early Eva Mendez.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:43 am

InTenSity wrote:

I have no idea where our recruits are from. I'm not drunk, but not sober.
I don't know how big of an impact playing in a state really has on recruiting. I'm sure it helps with branding in that area due to the local coverage, but playing in a bigger bowl against a better opponent will help with that everywhere, I would think.

I also want to help my disappointment of not playing here, so whatever helps, I can talk myself into anything. :lol:
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down